15678911»

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BusterK wrote: »
    I liked the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland
    It was a very succinct telling of a rather crappy story
    Same with Peter Pan
    I despised the book version of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, but the written version of Peter Pan is pretty great.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I haaaaaaate Alice in Wonderland but I've never read Peter Pan

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I am all Tim Burtoned out

not a fan of pale skin and dark sunken eyes?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    pale skin and dark sunken eyes popped my grandma in the jaw at Denny's

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    "Proud and insolent youth," said Hook, "prepare to meet thy doom."

"Dark and sinister man," Peter answered, "have at thee."

Without more words they fell to, and for a space there was no advantage to either blade. Peter was a superb swordsman, and parried with dazzling rapidity; ever and anon he followed up a feint with a lunge that got past his foe's defence, but his shorter reach stood him in ill stead, and he could not drive the steel home. Hook, scarcely his inferior in brilliancy, but not quite so nimble in wrist play, forced him back by the weight of his onset, hoping suddenly to end all with a favourite thrust, taught him long ago by Barbecue at Rio; but to his astonishment he found this thrust turned aside again and again. Then he sought to close and give the quietus with his iron hook, which all this time had been pawing the air; but Peter doubled under it and, lunging fiercely, pierced him in the ribs. At the sight of his own blood, whose peculiar colour, you remember, was offensive to him, the sword fell from Hook's hand, and he was at Peter's mercy.

"Now!" cried all the boys, but with a magnificent gesture Peter invited his opponent to pick up his sword. Hook did so instantly, but with a tragic feeling that Peter was showing good form.

Hitherto he had thought it was some fiend fighting him, but darker suspicions assailed him now.

"Pan, who and what art thou?" he cried huskily.

"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg."

This, of course, was nonsense; but it was proof to the unhappy Hook that Peter did not know in the least who or what he was, which is the very pinnacle of good form.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nogs wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I am all Tim Burtoned out

not a fan of pale skin and dark sunken eyes?

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    Beetlejuice
    Edward Scissorhands

even Sleepy Hollow and Big Fish I enjoyed

but enough

TIM BURTON MUST BE STOPPED

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    assemble a team of crack tanning beds

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    "Proud and insolent youth," said Hook, "prepare to meet thy doom."

"Dark and sinister man," Peter answered, "have at thee."

Without more words they fell to, and for a space there was no advantage to either blade. Peter was a superb swordsman, and parried with dazzling rapidity; ever and anon he followed up a feint with a lunge that got past his foe's defence, but his shorter reach stood him in ill stead, and he could not drive the steel home. Hook, scarcely his inferior in brilliancy, but not quite so nimble in wrist play, forced him back by the weight of his onset, hoping suddenly to end all with a favourite thrust, taught him long ago by Barbecue at Rio; but to his astonishment he found this thrust turned aside again and again. Then he sought to close and give the quietus with his iron hook, which all this time had been pawing the air; but Peter doubled under it and, lunging fiercely, pierced him in the ribs. At the sight of his own blood, whose peculiar colour, you remember, was offensive to him, the sword fell from Hook's hand, and he was at Peter's mercy.

"Now!" cried all the boys, but with a magnificent gesture Peter invited his opponent to pick up his sword. Hook did so instantly, but with a tragic feeling that Peter was showing good form.

Hitherto he had thought it was some fiend fighting him, but darker suspicions assailed him now.

"Pan, who and what art thou?" he cried huskily.

"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg."

This, of course, was nonsense; but it was proof to the unhappy Hook that Peter did not know in the least who or what he was, which is the very pinnacle of good form.

Oh wow

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's just good fun

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    got to harden up that crack

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I liked the book versions of Alice. Never read Peter Pan as a book.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, I liked both books
    But they were both rambling and clumsy
    With conflicting themes and plots that never really come together
    The Disney versions are a lot more focused

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh thank god you guys don't give a shit about Alice in Burtonland either

I was sure I was the only person who didn't care about it

YaYa on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    YaYa wrote: »

Maybe you should post more about how much you don't care about it

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BusterK wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

Maybe you should post more about how much you don't care about it

then we can all post about we hope no one else ever mentions twilight

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe if it were an Alice movie done by the Coraline animators (which wasn't a Tim Burton film). Instead of having Johnny Depp in disturbing makeup specifically seeking to unsettle the audience.

Anyway, regarding Holmes, is this film intended to fit in a certain location in the stories' timeline, or is it an alternate-universe anachronism that's standalone? Of course, where Moriarty is concerned, Holmes did mention him to Watson twice; in The Final Problem where Watson says he'd never heard of him, and The Valley of Fear (set earlier chronologically) in which he had. Might not be too much of a stretch to say this is out of order too.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am certain the movies are their own stories

BusterK on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    well remember that arthur doyle hated sherlock holmes and only brought him back to life after he was fucking drowned in ABLOO BLOO BLOO

Raneados on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2010
    and then stephen king wrote misery

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    what

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    and then raneados was the sherlock holmes

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wherein an author hates his most popular character and kills her, and then a crazy lady forces him to bring her back to life through torture after he has a debilitating car crash

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yes I know what Misery is about

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it's not exactly the same scenario

but are you seeing the parallel

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    what is bale whatting about

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My god

Jeremy Brett is Sherlock Holmes

Grey Ghost on