Options

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    All surviving players and bots. We gunned down Nickbot and Rochellebot in the safe room and then ran, and got it no problem.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That would explain it.

Ceno on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really like the idea of the SP mode without any AI buddies, I wish we could do that without just gunning them down early on.

815165 on
  • Options
    isndlisndl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You can kick the bots through the console.

isndl on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a personal goal to finish my achievements before the Mutant Overlord achievement is available.

2 more campaigns for Still Something To Prove
    Heartwarmer
    The Real Deal
    Wedding Crashers

So close to 100% achievements.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like bleed out. I would say it's about comparable to (difficulty you're playing it on) + 1, so adv bleedout = reg expert, except rather than being incredibly punishing of small errors (friendly fire/stray infected hits) it's just very tense and more punishing of tactical errors, and of your response to intense situations on the fly. You can't plan in advance for tanks/witches in Bleed Out, so you have to be better at hearing the cues and figuring out what you need to do in seconds rather than taking 3 minutes debating on what to do.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    chipmanchipman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    isndl wrote: »
    You can kick the bots through the console.

Seriously? Does that just make them count as dead? (aka can they appear in closets/be defibbed)

chipman on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The command is status. Then you find the number beside their name. Then Kickid #

It takes them out of the game and off your hud. Not sure if you can get them back from cloests. You can't defib them.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man, did the bridge run several times and it never popped. I'll have to try later.

Ceno on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the timer ends when you cross the gate at the end, but the achievement doesn't pop till you're flying away on the heli

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    isndlisndl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »
    The command is status. Then you find the number beside their name. Then Kickid #

It takes them out of the game and off your hud. Not sure if you can get them back from cloests. You can't defib them.

You can also kick bots using their name, e.g. "kick Rochelle"

isndl on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Guys, install City 17 and saaaaaay - ported No Mercy (original v6, not modified) (download links in OP).

I want to play those in versus some day.

Alegis on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Guys, install City 17 and saaaaaay - ported No Mercy (original v6, not modified) (download links in OP).

Im now downloading No Mercy VS, will probably be on after work

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bleed out would have been a hell of a lot better if the hordes spawned behind you more often instead of around the corner two feet in front of you.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would totally be up for some versus City 17. Great map.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So I know when I first played the Passing it didn't take all 16 gas cans to get out of there. They have changed that. Much more grueling now.

Ceno on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It depends on the difficulty.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that I had a joinable campaign going. In single player, it was only 8 cans. I was playing on Normal both times.

Ceno on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah. In single player, there are always less cans since you're the only one who will actually pick them up.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Custom map shenanigans on... Friday? Also how about the new Death Aboard? That was good times.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sounds good! Links added to OP.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh and don't forget, for some of the custom maps (I believe No Mercy and Death Aboard 2);

*edited away bad advice*

Alegis on
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The mutations will be playable on the custom maps, right?

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, mutations are only limited by mode.

So follow the liter scavenge can be played on death aboard scavenge maps etc.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is it still complicated as hell to port No mercy?

I'll download City 17 later on tonight.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just got L4D2 the other week on sale.

Are Badwater (TF2) and Contact good maps to play on?

Link to City 17??

Hawk on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tried to download city 17 from the op and something about it never worked.

Like I clicked the link and apsolutely nothing happaned. IS there a way to d/l maps in game like with tf2?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't take you to the download page?

City 17 is also up on l4dmods.com

Alegis on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't take you to the download page?

City 17 is also up on l4dmods.com

K, thx

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The other links are in the OP (as well as cool stuff like beginners info and whatnot!)

Alegis on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh and don't forget, for some of the custom maps (I believe No Mercy and Death Aboard 2);
    3. To enable the custom soundtrack type: "snd_rebuildaudiocache" in your ingame console
    (takes a while to load, sometimes you must quit through console after loading is complete)

I would seriously recommend against this. It's a jerryrigged work-around for the fact that custom sounds don't work well in custom campaigns yet. If they're set up incorrectly, and you rebuild your audiocache, it can fuck up your game.

Back when I used to try out custom campaigns for you guys in L4D1, I did this for the Silent Hill campaign. The creator set them up wrong, and it permanently fucked over some of my L4D files. When Crash Course came out, it would never play sound correctly. None of the crash course dialog ever worked and whenever any music (such as horde music) activated, it would activate the Silent Hill ambient music instead, which also dropped out voicechat volume. A similar thing occurred with some of the developer commentary logs.

It took weeks of verifying, uninstalling, defraging, reinstalling, etc to fix it. Too much of a pain for too little benefit.

In other topics, I finally played through The Passing so I can read this thread without spoilers. Yay!

Endaro on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I never played L4D1, but why are the survivors from that such assholes in the Passing?

815165 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    I never played L4D1, but why are the survivors from that such assholes in the Passing?

Louis is incapped and *spoiler* is dead, kills the mood a bit. But yeah they could have helped the new survivors unto the bridge instead of sending them to a sewer death trap.

Alegis on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know you can read what you wrote there as Louis as being dead right?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    3. To enable the custom soundtrack type: "snd_rebuildaudiocache" in your ingame console
    (takes a while to load, sometimes you must quit through console after loading is complete)

I would seriously recommend against this. It's a jerryrigged work-around for the fact that custom sounds don't work well in custom campaigns yet. If they're set up incorrectly, and you rebuild your audiocache, it can fuck up your game.

Back when I used to try out custom campaigns for you guys in L4D1, I did this for the Silent Hill campaign. The creator set them up wrong, and it permanently fucked over some of my L4D files. When Crash Course came out, it would never play sound correctly. None of the crash course dialog ever worked and whenever any music (such as horde music) activated, it would activate the Silent Hill ambient music instead, which also dropped out voicechat volume. A similar thing occurred with some of the developer commentary logs.

It took weeks of verifying, uninstalling, defraging, reinstalling, etc to fix it. Too much of a pain for too little benefit.

In other topics, I finally played through The Passing so I can read this thread without spoilers. Yay!
    I don't really get this, since I was able to make custom sounds work in my campaign without people using that command at all.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Oh this explains so much

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    gunwarrior wrote: »

Oh this explains so much

I take it this happened to you as well.

Endaro on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Everything. Silent hill map, CC sound issues, same exact problems. I never played CC again after my first run because of that.

I might be able to actually fix it now that I know thats the problem

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does this look really fun to anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai8QbNUyW_k

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    haha holy shit that is BRILLIANT

That's the shit valve has to implement.

Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.