Options

[BAD MOVIES]! Slab Bulkhead! Gristle McThornbody! Crunch Buttsteak! Big McLargeHuge!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Three words

The

Fucking

Avengers

avengers.jpg

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Total Recall? Total Recall.

With my favorite Arnold line ever.

As he's plunging a pneumatic drill through a tunnel-borer into the guy that just betrayed him: "Hey Benny! Screw you!"

That movie had sharon stone in her prime man, in her prime! And three tit lady, everyone loves three tit lady.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

As he's plunging a pneumatic drill through a tunnel-borer into the guy that just betrayed him: "Hey Benny! Screw you!"

That movie had sharon stone in her prime man, in her prime! And three tit lady, everyone loves three tit lady.

Gotta agree with Preacher here, Total Recall was badass.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

And Kuato.

KUATO!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd almost list the Warriors, but like a lot of Hill's movies, it just wasn't mainstream, the ideas he was attempting in the movie resonated later in other movies, and it was one of the first comic book style movies that didn't suck.

Warriors wins for the mime gangsters alone

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I know I'm throwing these out awfully fast, but did anybody go see this in theaters?
    dnd-movieposter.jpg

I did.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry but you are horribly mistaken.

isaac_hayes.jpg

Thousand times yes.

especially since this is his sidekick:
    nyst03.jpg

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also I am the biggest Jason Statham fan ever. Haven't seen Dungeon Siege, but my sister and I regularly have Statham marathons.

Also: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=67077201&blogId=461660900
    Statham's imdb.com profile, collectively, is a promise to you, the weary filmgoer. It's a promise that says, "I promise that you will not FOR ONE SECOND be bored during one of my movies. You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you give me $10, I will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also I am the biggest Jason Statham fan ever. Haven't seen Dungeon Siege, but my sister and I regularly have Statham marathons.

Also: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=67077201&blogId=461660900

Dungeon Siege was... an experience.

It had Ray Liotta as the evil wizard. The very first scene of the movie is a Ray Liotta love scene.

You should watch it.

EDIT: Statham has some brilliant movies, though. Snatch is still one of my favorites of his.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OH GOD

I looked up The Warriors for some more info

Tony Scott is doing a remake......

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

It had Ray Liotta as the evil wizard. The very first scene of the movie is a Ray Liotta love scene.

You should watch it.

EDIT: Statham has some brilliant movies, though. Snatch is still one of my favorites of his.

Speaking of Ray Liota love scenes, here's a better bad movie:
    ObserveAndReport325A.jpg

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OH GOD

I looked up The Warriors for some more info

Tony Scott is doing a remake......

I vaguely recall talks of that after the game did well (it was fucking awesome that game). While Tony Scott could do it justice (he's like a more mainstream Walter Hill). It'll probably be f'ing awful because recent Tony Scott is a joke, and we the theater going audience are the punchline.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

You should watch it.

And if I recall it had Ron motherfuckin'jawofstone Pearlman. How could this had gone wrong? Dammit Uwe Boll.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And if I recall it had Ron motherfuckin'jawofstone Pearlman.

Skip to :30

EDIT: Or don't skip, the whole thing is hilarious, but beware of spoilers!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

You should watch it.

And if I recall it had Ron motherfuckin'jawofstone Pearlman. How could this had gone wrong? Dammit Uwe Boll.

It was Uwe Boll; how could it have possibly gone right?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DanHibiki wrote: »

You should watch it.

Speaking of Ray Liota love scenes, here's a better bad movie:
    ObserveAndReport325A.jpg

O&R is an incredible movie. The final act of the movie, where Ronnie becomes superman, is all in his head. Remember, he stopped taking his pills and goes fucking insane, severing all connection to reality after being rejected from the force.

Robman on
  • Options
    Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anything remotely connected to Seth Rogen is terrible. Anyone with a differing opinion is a drug addict.

Ed321 on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like a lot of bad movies, including both Cranks.

So I figured I wouldn't mind Gamer.

Do yourself a favour and avoid it. It has no value, comedic or otherwise.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Statham's imdb.com profile, collectively, is a promise to you, the weary filmgoer. It's a promise that says, "I promise that you will not FOR ONE SECOND be bored during one of my movies. You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you give me $10, I will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".
    GRAN TORINO: Jason Statham glowers at Clint Eastwood, who glowers back, creating a Glower Vortex which destroys the planet.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

You should watch it.

It was Uwe Boll; how could it have possibly gone right?

Uwe Boll is like some sort of reverse king midas.

In that everything he touches turns to shit.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ed321 wrote: »
    Anything remotely connected to Seth Rogen is terrible. Anyone with a differing opinion is a drug addict.

We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue
    And then we'll take it higher
    Oh we gonna rock down to Electric Avenue
    And then we'll take it higher

Robman on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know I'm throwing these out awfully fast, but did anybody go see this in theaters?
    dnd-movieposter.jpg

I did.

I almost did. As in, I was at the theater with some friends. We looked at the ticket line, thought about it for a moment, then went back to my cousins place to watch Gladiator.

To this day I still haven't seen D&D (but I did watch the direct-to-SyFy D&D 2). I regret nothing. Except watching D&D 2, anyway.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    brotherhoodwolf.full.jpg

Jaws meets period drama meets kung fu indians meets Monica Bellucci as a prostitute?

fuck yeah!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    brotherhoodwolf.full.jpg

Jaws meets period drama meets kung fu indians meets Monica Bellucci as a prostitute?

fuck yeah!

That was pretty good, though I don't know if it counts as "So bad/cheesy it's good" so much as just "good".

Ed321 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

He's movie cancer, only good role was 40 year old virgin, he's played that same character in every other movie since.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Snakes on a Plane was pretty good, a woman gets bit on the nipple by a snake, a mans penis gets bitten by a snake, a purse dog gets eaten by a snake, oh and there's some snakes in the movie too.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    brotherhoodwolf.full.jpg

fuck yeah!

That was pretty good, though I don't know if it counts as "So bad/cheesy it's good" so much as just "good".

The transition from Monica Bellaluci's naked body to the snowy hills blew my fucking mind. Of course, I was high as a goddamn kite when I watched that movie.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    brotherhoodwolf.full.jpg

fuck yeah!

The transition from Monica Bellaluci's naked body to the snowy hills blew my fucking mind. Of course, I was high as a goddamn kite when I watched that movie.

It's cool. You appreciate Art and cheetos more that way.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    I like a lot of bad movies, including both Cranks.

So I figured I wouldn't mind Gamer.

Do yourself a favour and avoid it. It has no value, comedic or otherwise.

I did laugh in the first ten seconds, though, when the combatant crouches up and down over and over above the guy he just killed. And some random voice yells, "He's teabagging him!"

Edit: I absolutely love Brotherhood of the Wolf. The opening rain fight scene is beautiful.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't even like cheetohs on the very very rare occasion I'm partaking in the herb of life. Give me a measure of scotch and some old cheddar on dry crackers please and thank you.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cheese and crackers = Good times

Yellowbeard is a pretty terrible movie.

But John Cleese and the other Pythons who were in it were hilarious.

Havelock on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    I don't even like cheetohs on the very very rare occasion I'm partaking in the herb of life. Give me a measure of scotch and some old cheddar on dry crackers please and thank you.

I have yet to discover a drug that will make me like cheetos. If it exists, I don't want any.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g&feature=related

Another sci-fi original, but this was a thing of beauty

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tremors?

Also anyone who says Equilibrium must be a silly goose.

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wienke wrote: »
    Tremors?

Yeah because equilibrium doesn't have anything good about it...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tremors?

No I mean, how is it even "bad" to begin with? I liked it better than the Matrix for instance >.>

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tremors?

No I mean, how is it even "bad" to begin with? I liked it better than the Matrix for instance >.>

The action is sterile, the non action bits are boring and really long. The finish is more than a little bit insane, and the total message is just rip off theater. It was really derivative of better works (using the PA version of derivative).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MegaforceMegaforce __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    You know what film didn't suck? Megaforce!!

Ok, it kinda sucks today but when I was a kid I wanted to join the Army so I can fight bad guys using flying motorcycles that shoot rockets!!

megaforce.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXWh3dNQkw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1NpZxn860M

Growing up sucks :(

Megaforce on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow that was, wow. It's nice to see the leader from the warriors went on to do such quality cinema.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net