Options

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 1: The Adventure Begins!

• Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't speak for Atlus, but in my experience from the wizard crawls it doesn't have to be something spendy or elaborate, But you do need to be able to look at the person and KNOW he's on the crawl.

So for instance... a pokemon shirt (even a homemade one) and maybe carrying a pokeball would likely count, pinning a card to yourself most likely wouldn't.

Ya, that sounds about right. I saw some pics of people who just had the scarves or a tie. Nothing super fancy but not exactly a card pinned on them haha.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be at the Sheraton, too, so I'm sure I'll be around.

Also I won't be very dressed up, nothing is in my size and I haven't had the time to make anything. Though I have an idea or two, I just don't know where to look.

Goose! on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bought the following:

p1480642__59779_thumb.jpg

and
    il_430xN.75482547.jpg

Gonna sew elastic onto the doll and make a shoulder strap so I can carry it around on my shoulder. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Looks like just for Giovanni's challenge.

If you're worried about WiFi access during a bar crawl, you're probably doing it wrong.

There are two things we Irish do better than Americans, drinking and reading comprehension. Hey-ooo!

In all seriousness I wasn't crystal clear there. What I was trying to say is I'm hoping that the route is announced before Tuesday (when I fly out) since I probably won't be on the forums at all while in 'Murica.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess I should choose a team. I choose you !Charmander X 3

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    who all here is going to the PrePAX Dinner before the crawl?

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've always been a fan of Electric type Pokemon so !Pikachu I choose you!

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
  • Options
    LucielLuciel Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you! !Squirtle, there's at least 2 of us.

Luciel on
  • Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ikelewis wrote: »
    So what constitutes a "costume?" I don't have to time or money to do something really fancy. I'm just gonna throw an old Charmander Pokemon card in a Plastic badge holder and clip it to my person.

Yeah, I don't have major funds either. I was going to try to throw together maybe a Brock costume (either cartoon or game style) or a Team Rocket costume with Mrs Ninja

Well I buckled down and made myself a T-Shirt it's drying right now but I think it'll look pretty sweet. Pics coming later.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For the non-pro drinkers: Make sure you eat a decent meal before the pub crawl, I suggest the pre-pax dinner maybe.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sammy wrote: »

We will be there!

Stephidabefida on
    bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The upside of the dinner will be no waiting for a bill and you can eat as much as you want. The downside is eating too much and puking before you even get a drink.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    def PDdef PD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I won't be rocking any (Team) Squirtle gear, but I have the next best thing: a TMNT T-shirt!

(^.^)

def PD on
    This is why we can't have nice things!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ikelewis on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be at the dinner, wearing some kind of red.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

We will be there!

yay!! fellow team !Squirtle!!

i'm strapped for cash and lack in the sewing skillz so i'm making my dragonair costume out of a jacket and paint.

:D

Sammy on

• Options
    fr05tfr05t Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, !Squirtle

fr05t on
  • Options
    SweetwaterkillXSweetwaterkillX Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Squirtle for me and !Squirtle for my BF.

xo
    S

SweetwaterkillX on
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'll be there representing team !Squirtle.

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My flight's getting into Boston around 10, so I'll be a little late to the crawl. Is there going to be a way to catch up with the team?

ian.samuel on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2010
    Once the schedule is posted, just check it out and whenever you get into the area, figure out what bar one of the teams is at and just head directly there.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sweet. Let's go !Charmander.

ian.samuel on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Who has two thumbs & is going to the PrePAX dinner? --->This Guy!<---

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    Ferris007Ferris007 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you're worried about WiFi access during a bar crawl, you're probably doing it wrong.

I was debating wearing this the night of the crawl if that helps. :P

wifi_shirt_anim.gif

Ferris007 on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What I need is a store where I can find a plain yellow polo and red suspenders.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Goose! wrote: »

Misty?

ikelewis on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ikelewis wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

Misty?

OH LAWD! NO KNEES!

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nah, bro, team Charmander not team Squirtle.

Flint 8-) Its better this way, you do not want to see me in daisy dukes.

Goose! on
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I choose you Bubasaur!
    Also I'm making some bubasaur hats for me and some of my teammates, if you want one PM me and you can pick it up at the con. The hats are $25 http://twitpic.com/19w5x5

I also make Pikachu and Mudkip hats if anyone wants one.

Athena on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm making a solid effort to recruit a small army for Team Bulbasaur. So my +3 is now +4 with a very very slight possibility of becoming a +5. :-D

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    DrakDrak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Any Squirtlers want to be drinking buddies? This will be my first actual pub crawl ever besides my brother's bachelor party... Also, if anyone has a spot I can crash to near the con center, I would be greatly appreciated. Am male, don't mind coed rooms. Thanks!

Drak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drak wrote: »
    Any Squirtlers want to be drinking buddies? This will be my first actual pub crawl ever besides my brother's bachelor party... Also, if anyone has a spot I can crash to near the con center, I would be greatly appreciated. Am male, don't mind coed rooms. Thanks!

Your entire team is your drinking buddy. We're not going to be paired up or anything. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a team.

Also, you might want to post here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=100634 if you need a place to stay.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rdr wrote: »

Your entire team is your drinking buddy. We're not going to be paired up or anything. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a team.

Also, you might want to post here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=100634 if you need a place to stay.

I don't mean paired up for the actual crawl. I have a place to stay, but the people I'm staying with aren't ok with me coming home anywhere near drunk or tipsy. So basically I was just asking for a one night crash spot/bed share. I can pay if necessary. The idea of the buddy was to help me get back to the place I COULD stay, I just don't know Boston sober, so I surely don't know it drunk.

If this is against the rules, then I'll withdraw the request and seek out a one night crash spot somehow else. Sorry to clog up the thread.

Drak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The idea of the buddy was to help me get back to the place I COULD stay, I just don't know Boston sober, so I surely don't know it drunk.

i asked a similar question earlier on, cause traveling drunk to my hotel room alone is scary O_O.

but from what i've gathered from the thread so far there's going to be enough people either traveling in the direction of most of the hotels or actually in your hotel. [if your staying in a hotel of course]
    and the rules are basically "No man left behind" so i'm sure there are several people who won't mind making sure you make it safely home. :)

at least...thats what i'm hoping. :P

Sammy on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah well I'd be staying somewhere down the T but I dont know where the place is. Guess I'll need to figure out where that is

Drak on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2010
    Rule number one about going anywhere: Always know where your hotel is.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    It's not a hotel... But yeah, I don't think my friend who is staying at this place is sure if she can even stay there yet. Regardless, would the crawl leaders be averse to me adding +1 despite the fact that the +1 will most likely not drink? I need to check with her first, but if she wants to then I might just do that and be done with it.

Drak on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drak yes +1 is ok. As the prof of team squirtle i will be glad to do what i can to make sure people get in safely. I will be sober enough :P

Singollo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm considering staying sober, just to avoid trouble. I'll let you know here if I need +1

Drak on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't like beer at all, so I'll have to have a substitute drink for that badge, if I'm allowed.

Other than that, I can't wait!

LewieP on
This discussion has been closed.