As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]: Rock is Overpowered, Scissors Needs Buff, Paper is Fine

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You could always convince a friend to help you out. Perhaps a paladin friend.

Well it was easy to get the dreadmist shoulders on my blood elf warlock with my paladin
    They are immune to most magic but not holy!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    20sdb13.jpg

The east and west united through one glorious game.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    How would you solo Magister's? is this normal or heroic? as a paladin

I have done it on my warlock but then it takes me forever and I have to swtich specs and get lucky on the pvp fight

BEFORE YOU PULL THE FIRST BOSS: When you step into the instance, you can kinda see what adds the Priestess fight has (you can target them, and life bars will show up if you've hit "v"). If Apoko is there just turn right around, step out, and reset the instance. Trust me, it's not worth it otherwise.

1st boss: Prot, just throw up JoW and Seal of Light, and you can pretty much afk/autoswing him to death.

2nd boss: Prot, This one is a bit rougher, especially since they put forbearance on LoH. Basically collect charges and burn him down as much as possible until you can't possibly take anymore, then bubble to clear debuffs and heal yourself.

3rd boss: Prot, When I get there I focus on the Priestess first, then kill others.

Kael: Ret, go full bore DPS to get him into phase 4 as quickly as possible. If a phoenix spawns kill it fast. Use AoW procs for FoL and make sure SS is still up the entire time. In phase 4 use divine plea to keep mana up, and JoW and Seal of Wisdom when you actually get to hit him. If you have full mana switch to a damage seal and go to town. Otherwise just heal yourself.

Nobody on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Great tips! Are there any of the fights that can be done as holy? I have full ret and prot sets but the ilvls aren't high, mostly 200-212 gear with a couple pieces of 226. Also, can/should you wear full PvE gear or is PvP gear recommended? (I'm guessing you need PvP gear on the PvP fight, but how much? Most of my gear is holy...)

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    unless you need more hps, I wouldn't swap to PvP gear.

mturalon on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well it does not help my off spec on my paladin is holy

And I have a ret paladin coming up {level 38ish}

Brainleech on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    davincie wrote: »
    http://i48.tinypic.com/20sdb13.jpg

Anyone know what that structure in the background is? I googled, "UAE geodesic dome on spikes", but that didn't bring anything up.

jackal on
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Related question to my MGT solo post. Are BC heroics still on daily lockouts?

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yes.

reVerse on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Which was annoying when I farmed for my purple judgement set.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, that reminds me. I've still got to finish Heroic Escape from Durnholde to get the Acheivement for all BC Heroics.

After spending ages in that fucking place clearing it out, Thrall bugged out near the end and I had to abandon it for the day.

shryke on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    When I was soloing it until I got the mount/pet/orb, I was able to charge stun one of his fireball casts, then pull him to the left of his spawn into the corner there, then LoS Pyroblast by just running to the doorway.

Thank you sir! This was the kind of pro tip I was hoping to get. That beats gearing up for dps and just obliterating him before he casts it.

Remind me why you can't just spell reflect it?

Arch on
  • Options
    ChronicChronic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    When I was soloing it until I got the mount/pet/orb, I was able to charge stun one of his fireball casts, then pull him to the left of his spawn into the corner there, then LoS Pyroblast by just running to the doorway.

Thank you sir! This was the kind of pro tip I was hoping to get. That beats gearing up for dps and just obliterating him before he casts it.

Because not all spells can be reflected, and if I remember correctly this is one of them. The fight is based on the 25 Kael fight in The Eye where the MT had to absorb his first pyroblast with the legendary shield use and hope the DPS burned through his bubble fast enough to interrupt his second one. The difference here is you have to burn through his 10K hp shield and interrupt the first cast.

Chronic on
    I hit people with pillow wrapped baseball bats. Sure the blow is softer, but its still a bat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chronic wrote: »

Because not all spells can be reflected, and if I remember correctly this is one of them. The fight is based on the 25 Kael fight in The Eye where the MT had to absorb his first pyroblast with the legendary shield use and hope the DPS burned through his bubble fast enough to interrupt his second one. The difference here is you have to burn through his 10K hp shield and interrupt the first cast.

Huh. I thought all spells could be reflected

Arch on
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    davincie wrote: »
    http://i48.tinypic.com/20sdb13.jpg

Anyone know what that structure in the background is? I googled, "UAE geodesic dome on spikes", but that didn't bring anything up.

Thats kuwait. And its the kuwait towers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait_Towers

Sammich on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This is false. Many spells can be spell reflected, but this happens to be one that can't.

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

This is false. Many spells can be spell reflected, but this happens to be one that can't.

Lrn2beaDK

shryke on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    shryke wrote: »

Lrn2beaDK

That would be a really good dk name. Thanks for the suggestion!

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So what are your opinions on the retaking of Gnomer? Think it'll last, or just explode when Cataclysm comes? Or maybe even Ironforge (being on a volcano and all) will explode and Gnomer will become the new IF :P

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    So what are your opinions on the retaking of Gnomer? Think it'll last, or just explode when Cataclysm comes? Or maybe even Ironforge (being on a volcano and all) will explode and Gnomer will become the new IF :P

It'll still be full of gnomes. That there means nothing will change and it'll still be the worst possible location to be stuck in for a few hours. :P

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Or maybe even Ironforge (being on a volcano and all) will explode and Gnomer will become the new IF :P

Thats the only way I can see them doing a new city in that spot. IF and SW are to close as it is. To have a full city between them? What are we going to do there, besides a possible instance entrance? Seems a waste to me, logisitically.

Lore wise, its quite interesting.

Adimax on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, the back wall to Orgrimmar is being knocked out and the goblins are setting up shop in Azshara, so it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility to have two cities that close.

Samphis on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought only the surface of gnomer was being retaken. I took that to mean that the area before the instance just wouldnt have troggs anymore.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    True, but thats for another race? Gnomes dont = Worgen. It seemed like the Belf and Draeni cities were well thought out and placed. But we're getting a new Dalaran in Deepholme, a new Gnome city and a new Goblin city and a new Worgen city? Thats a lot of cities.

Are the Worgen getting one?

Adimax on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought they specifically said there wouldn't be a new neutral city.

Samphis on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I still can't decide what class my goblin should be, maybe hunter (with engineering) if they get guns to start with. Or rogue, Goblins are very roguey.

edit: they said Deepholme would have the city portals, but it isn't a city itself. So we'll probably all hearth there anyway as if it was Shat or Dal.

Except me because Orgrimmar is cool as shit. Plus it's a good travel hub already.

815165 on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Adimax wrote: »
    True, but thats for another race? Gnomes dont = Worgen. It seemed like the Belf and Draeni cities were well thought out and placed. But we're getting a new Dalaran in Deepholme, a new Gnome city and a new Goblin city and a new Worgen city? Thats a lot of cities.

The worgen are getting a city.

I believe the trolls are also retaking Echo Isles. There'll probably be some stuff out there.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Arkan wrote: »
    Adimax wrote: »

The worgen are getting a city.

I believe the trolls are also retaking Echo Isles. There'll probably be some stuff out there.

Hm... Worgen are obviously getting Gilneas (just a big empty area right now, made sure no funny business was going on behind that wall...)... but from what I played of it at PAX, it's not a city by any stretch of the imagination. It was just a starting area. More of a town.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hope they fix all the bugs in Silithus. D:

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hope the deeprun tram gets flooded. I have tram envy.

jackal on
  • Options
    Mr Slippy FistMr Slippy Fist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Worgen "capital" is just going to be a little nook carved out for them in Stormwind, from what I remember.

Mr Slippy Fist on
    Yes, I hate my username and wish I could sign up with a new one. Registration sucks.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I hope the deeprun tram gets flooded. I have tram envy.
    We have the awesome new Zep between TB and Org now, though! Way better views than they get with their stupid Nessie.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

My death knight will have a chance to redeem himself to his fellow gnomes!

Arch on
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

No pun intended?

Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

No pun intended?

That was me cringing at my terrible pun.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Boss spells can rarely be reflected.

So can anyone explain in detail how to pull off the Festergut/Rotface weekly exploit, assuming it still works? I'm afraid one of these weeks I'll get that quest in a raid with a good chance of wiping on either boss, and I'd rather convince them to just cheese the quest before we down a boss and have the potential of screwing ourselves out of the weekly.

It looks like you have to be hit by Slime Spray to get the debuff on Rotface? Are there any other ways of getting it? What about on Festergut? And how can you guarantee the person who's going to be your debuff-bearer is able to cheese his way out of wiping when the group goes down on purpose?

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

My death knight will have a chance to redeem himself to his fellow gnomes!

Heh, the King Wrynn died a lot over the weekend. There were so many DK's standing in line, unable to become friendly with the Alliance. Also tons of us stuck on the Undercity Battle quest...
    forty wrote:
    Boss spells can rarely be reflected.

But those that can are great. Last boss in Old Kingdom, tons of damage if you reflect his mind flay. Same with the last boss in FoS.

To MEGAMERICAN: Southern Silithus, beyond AQ, is absolutely beautiful. I put Screenshots of it in one of the screenshot threads... but man, you should give it a look. No special jumping or anything required. You approach from the south sea, then I think near a very out-of-place cave opening there's an easy way to climb into the mountains and get there. There ARE some huge jumps and whatnot once you get in, though... but it's one of the most amazing zones I've ever seen. It's essentially it's own giant zone... and has a lot to it. (Some of the oddest and bizarre graphic glitches anywhere)

I recently found out I could get on top of Ironforge (and by doing that, almost anywhere in the Eastern Kingdoms) without special jumps or going from the zone east of IF. I walked out in front of IF, still on the huge rise... went east (where the cooking/thanksgiving quests were)... looked at the mountain, saw an odd little opening... and took it to the very top. Literally walked out of IF, turned around, and walked to Mount IF. Figures I was doing it the hard way the entire time.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    There's no Dalaran in Cataclysm. Blues said it and, c'mon, we can fly in Azeroth and all the zones are there.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's no Dalaran in Cataclysm. Blues said it and, c'mon, we can fly in Azeroth and all the zones are there.

From a Lore point of view, Dalaran should move back to it's old place. Or at least not stay in Northrend, I mean there's nothing for them to do there.

Grobian on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Considering the violent upheaval in the geography, floating in the air is probably the safest choice.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.