As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Thread: LegionOverlordEDI3way.txt

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe asking the Steam thread would get you a better result. Just saying.

Hunter on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Depends on how much you like Dawn of War 2, really. Do you have a great big boner for Warhammer 40k? You should probably get DoW2 if that is the case, it is like a sponge that has been dipped in a big bucket of gooey fluff and fan service.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Xen sends you a message in game saying she found the research on her own later from the alerai

yeah, but... she's a selfish one, and I failed to piss off the exo-suit further. I'll have to leave it to Legion I suppose

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so is the new DLC stuff pretty good? I have been playing FF XIII but I am gonna get all the new shit before I start my next playthrough.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just finished my first run of ME2 last night.

Went with a renegade adept, and it was a lot of fun.

Man was I a dick to Tali though. Wouldn't be surprised if she point blank refuses to join me in ME3.

"Sorry Shepard. I've had time to think it through, and you were a complete dick hole the past two games. I don't think I hate myself enough to sign up for a third run."

Sticks on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just really don't understand why Tali gets idolized by people. It's like Star Wars fans who can't shut up about Boba Fett, but weirder.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I just really don't understand why Tali gets idolized by people. It's like Star Wars fans who can't shut up about Boba Fett, but weirder.

I imagine its the mystique of not knowing what she looks like.

I just like being mean to her because she seems too...nice I guess. Something about her just makes evil renegade me want to punch her and pull her possibly-non-existent hair.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hope they show them in the next game and they have tentacles for eyes and a gaping maw on each cheek.

Langly on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

At least Boba Fett was kind of cool. He just died like a chump.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

He was! But you talk to some people and their favorite character is a guy with one line and a thousand years of digestion ahead of him.

"Oh no dude he totally escaped from the sarlacc pit his friend helped him out and blah blah blah"

Langly on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey I like Tali

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tali is a cool character, I just don't understand why she gets a religious sect.

Langly on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    helmets is why

helmets are pretty cool

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

He was! But you talk to some people and their favorite character is a guy with one line and a thousand years of digestion ahead of him.

"Oh no dude he totally escaped from the sarlacc pit his friend helped him out and blah blah blah"
    Boba Fett was never as kandosi as Jango. Jango was never mando compared to canderous, and yet life goes on.

At least I haven't heard anything too perverse about the mandalorians... yet.
    Tali on the other hand *pukes into bucket*

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Boba Fett was never as kandosi as Jango. Jango was never mando compared to canderous, and yet life goes on.

This isn't even english.

Langly on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

some people are more into Star Wars than just the movies. You know there's like books, and comics, and shit too right? Some of them even have Boba in them.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

some people are more into Star Wars than just the movies. You know there's like books, and comics, and shit too right? Some of them even have Boba in them.

Sure, if you're some kind of nerd.

The only Star Wars book I've ever read was Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover, because one of my friends recommended it. It was alright, basically Heart of Darkness but with light sabers.

Langly on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

Sure, if you're some kind of nerd.

The only Star Wars book I've ever read was Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover, because one of my friends recommended it. It was alright, basically Heart of Darkness but with light sabers.

God, you read a Star Wars book?

You fucking nerd.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The best Star Wars comics are the ones where Yoda takes over the Death Star and just crashes it into corusant, killing the emperor.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's more than one where that happens?

Hobnail on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's been a while, and I can't find a link, but they were What If? comics for the movies. So there was only one where he kamikazied, but there were other stories like Marvel's What If? line.

edit: Oh here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Infinities

Langly on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The best Star Wars CCG games are the ones where Yoda takes over the Death Star and just crashes it into corusant, killing the emperor.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

This isn't even english.
    1)see mando'a (hurray for wookiepedia)
    2)Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 character, Canderous Ordo
    3)I will take no offense to being called a nerd on a penny-arcade forum.

ALSO: is anyone going to try for the tokens or whatever Bioware has put on offer for our souls this week?
    ME2 swag on offer...

mister tuxedo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Haha, oh man. The Empire Strikes Back one has Han just shoot Vader. Awesome.

Langly on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tuxedo, i won't call you a nerd. i'll just say you have a sickness.
    get up come on get down with the sickness

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So how about this Bioware Bazaar thing?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was playing Monkey Island over the weekend and it felt like being back in Mass Effect

Mass Effect 3 should have an insult collection sequence.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More like Bizarre am I right?

But really I am not going to take the time to collect tokens to bid on swag.

Langly on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So for some reason I started a new Infiltrator - ehhh not feeling it so far. The bullet time thing is too short and cloak is... wow about useless considering how short it is and the fact that if I run in behind someone and take cover they "see" me the instant cloak wears off...

At least the upgraded sniper rifle is actually good for killing things..

Also for some reason when I started a new game it reset all my "achievments" and didn't give me the resources bonus.. I guess that's because I loaded a new OS but I backed up all my save games and loaded one before I created a new char... I guess it stores those somewhere else than the save files eh?

jwalk on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love my infiltrator, but yeah, it's really just the sniping that sets it above

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Along jwalk's lines I'm actually having a hard time getting into playing the more power based classes (made an Adept and Sentinel this weekend, both have only cleared Professor/Archangel recruitment missions). I feel kind of gimped out with only the smg/pistol after playing vanguard/infiltrator/soldier, and popping out of cover to try to warp things I get lit up. Is there some trick to playing them or just being smarter about using cover? Its not really clicking for me I guess.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Use a squad power first like Pull, they are instant and you don't leave cover. Then while the poor bastards are hanging in the air like pinatas (or say mechs hit with the stun Overload), hit them with a Warp. Of course if they have shields/barriers you need to get them down first but..

jwalk on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I loved my vanguard until I had my first platforms battle. Charge constantly fucking up. Kind of ruined it for me, so I started playing DragonAge. Honestly, I was probably just in the mood for something else since it was my second play through and used that as an excuse. But it sure pissed me off.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Along jwalk's lines I'm actually having a hard time getting into playing the more power based classes (made an Adept and Sentinel this weekend, both have only cleared Professor/Archangel recruitment missions). I feel kind of gimped out with only the smg/pistol after playing vanguard/infiltrator/soldier, and popping out of cover to try to warp things I get lit up. Is there some trick to playing them or just being smarter about using cover? Its not really clicking for me I guess.

spoilers

just some basic lessons (you'll pick up more advance techniques later)

warp, as well as doing damage, does double damage when the target is affected by another biotic power, and will cause an explosion in this situation which will warp any targets around it. this is one of your main strategies- affect a single target with biotics so that it is in the middle of a crowd, and then detonate it with warp, killing that target and almost killing the crowd too.

singularity holds anything in its' radius static, and i think it stops them firing too, i'm not sure. it also wears away any defenses slowly, pulls around undefended targets, kills unarmoured husks instantly, and explodes the largest when hit by a warp.

pull is great, combine it with a warp for a massive blow, or a throw from an angle for a game of golf, which is also an instant kill if they go off an edge

don't worry too much about shockwave, but it does stun armoured targets and completely dominate groups.

your main weapons are your biotics- use the SMG and warp ammo as a bonus to wear away defenses so you can bring the biotics to bear

Nuzak on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh hey! Sweet a neat contest wherein I could win some neat stuff from BioWare!

What's that?

Everyone in the U.S. is eligible except for residents of Florida and New York?

Well FUCK YOU

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh man, oh man, Mordin and
    Gilbert and Sullivan

achewoodbeefheehee.jpg

Hobnail on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    see this is what i'm saying

kill vsove

Nuzak on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    Oh hey! Sweet a neat contest wherein I could win some neat stuff from BioWare!

What's that?

Everyone in the U.S. is eligible except for residents of Florida and New York?

Well FUCK YOU

no FUCK florida

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Oh man, oh man, Mordin and
    Gilbert and Sullivan

achewoodbeefheehee.jpg

I had to check and make sure I didn't post this earlier, because I was about to. Mordin is far and away my favorite character. Partly because I think he does space cocaine or speed or something non-stop until you step into the room, and partly because of that scene.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Plus he has well developed conversations about ethics with you. Jacob is just like "I hope shit turns out okay"

Hobnail on