As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lost and Found

TazoTazo Registered User new member
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
The official Lost and Found desk and the people running it were, to use the parlance of Boston, wicked awesome. The Enforcers manning it were unbelievably helpful in my plight, even though my lost property was not found, it was hardly their fault.

However, I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet, and I thought there might be others with lost stuff who wanted to try one last shout out to cyberspace to get their stuff back. And since I did note when I joined a warning against one-off threads, I thought I would make a Lost and Found friend for everybody who lost something, or even found something, at PAX East.

Lose anything you want one last try to get back, PAXers? Find anything you're pretty sure is someone else's, but didn't have time to get it to Lost and Found? Post it here.

I'll start it off with my own lost property. And it's one that hurts.

I lost my DSi. It was black and in a case with Mario on the front. Phoenix Wright: And Justice for All was in the slot and there were several games in a zipper pouch on the back of the case.

Good luck!

Tazo on

• Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd already made one post with luck about my missing devil horns hat. A enforcer reported turning it in to lost and found on the last day.

I'm just waiting now to hear back from someone official with PAX to see if its actually in the Lost and Found items. I am assuming how're they're all playing massive catch up now that they're back in the office.

ransim on
  • Options
    TazoTazo Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Whoops. Missed that somehow.

Yeah, I can only assume that they've got a backlog of stuff on top whatever PAX Pox and general con fatigue might be doing otherwise. I suspected it was possible someone just picked it up, though, and didn't want to rule out that scenario.

Glad your horns were found, though!

Tazo on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2010
    This time the convention center itself is handling lost and found as it didn't make much sense for us to bring everything back to Seattle given the vast majority of attendees were from the east coast.

Give (617) 954-2111 a call and they should be able to help you out.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Actually apparently it wasn't found.

I just heard from David Coffman who told me all items that were found remained at the convention center rather then going with PAX Employees.

I just called the convention center and even though the enforcer stated it was turned it, it wasn't in Lost & Found. So I'm a bit dismayed. I would have personally rather had PAX Staff hold on to any lost items, I've got a bit more trust in them then a random convention center staff person.

So it seems that my reward is still open. At least unless I can get @kitteninstrings to confirm its my hat then I'm going to continue bugging the convention center.

The convention center number is 617-954-2111.

ransim on
  • Options
    lojurivelojurive Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I will call the Convention Center (at appropriate East Coast times) but just in case someone found MY lost item . . .

My 6 year old daughter lost her Pokewalker. It's actually probably MY fault. I think it slipped off her waist band when I picked her up to carry the poor tired little thing through the mall. If anyone found a Pokewalker with a circular purple and paisley sticker on the belt clip, registered to "Maia" PLEASE let me know. That Pokewalker made her PAX experience SOOOO wonderful. She REALLY got to experience the courtesy and enthusiasm the geek community provides.

lojurive on
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am missing a pair of black and white checkered fingerless gloves. The half-fingers are black, the body of the hand is the checkered part, and the small wrist area is white and black striped. It'd be wonderful if someone found them, my hands feel nekked without them.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    SkybaseSkybase Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the lost pokewalker is the most upsetting thing to me. Hehe...although I didn't see it, I wish I had a spare to offer up.

Good luck to anyone that lost anything at PAX. I lost a Zelda cap, but it was at a 7-eleven in the city (left it on the counter like an idiot. haha) and not directly at PAX.

Skybase on
  • Options
    pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We handed in an 8gb memory stick that we found after Saturday's concert. Found around the left side just behind the VIP area.

pobblebonk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just spoke with the gentleman working at the lost and found specifically for the Hynes. What he told me is there are a lot of scarfs and jackets, but no hats and as far as he mentioned no devices or electronics. Also again verified my hat isn't there.

An enforcer told me they'd turned my hat in Sunday evening after finding it in the main hall during clean up. I find it odd however that its not still in lost and found. Is it possible to verify that items didn't accidentally end up being shipped back to Seattle with the Info desk supplies?

ransim on
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I lost a pair of brown tortoise shell Rayban Wayfarers, on Saturday, presumably in the MTG rooms.

Please PM me if you have them. A modest reward will be paid for their return.

I will also be calling the convention center, thanks for the number!

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    kevbayerkevbayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My wife, a Massively writer, lost her black Massively Tshirt (she was carrying it in a bag - not wearing it, get your minds out of the gutter! :winky: ).

It was probably snatched up, as she said it was there one moment, and not the next. If someone did grab it - wear it proudly to get the name out!

kevbayer on
    Find me at:
    My book reviews, twitter, FB.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Well, hopefully by now everybody has found their lost items. I'm going to unstick this thread now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.