Options

Modern Warfare 2: More like 'Finite Ward', am I right?

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Set her up with her own account to auto-sign in. She'll thank you when she's older when she doesn't have to re-do all her games on her own account.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fucking hell I think I should take a break from this game. My blood pressure is all high....

Did all the newbs sleep in today? I was getting raped left and right all day.

urahonky on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Holy shit the ACR

holy shit

Senshi on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Set her up with her own account to auto-sign in. She'll thank you when she's older when she doesn't have to re-do all her games on her own account.

She has a wii. That's enough.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How many of you guys play in the hardcore playlists? I've played with Josh and a few of others a couple times in ground war, which was rad, but I had to switch over my classes to have SP or just pump half a mag into people, which was why I only played HC in in the first MW and ran into you guys a lot more on that.

Continental_Op on
    XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

No, seriously. Set her up with a Silver account with parental controls and put your GT on a USB stick or something. That way you know she's not playing anything you don't want her to and she doesn't log on and bother us :D

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How many of you guys play in the hardcore playlists? I've played with Josh and a few of others a couple times in ground war, which was rad, but I had to switch over my classes to have SP or just pump half a mag into people, which was why I only played HC in in the first MW and ran into you guys a lot more on that.

Hardcore is the worst gamemode.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Being in the military MW is HUGE, everyone plays it. Also HC mode is the mode of choice it seems like, everyone wants to play that and I fucking hate it.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

No, seriously. Set her up with a Silver account with parental controls and put your GT on a USB stick or something. That way you know she's not playing anything you don't want her to and she doesn't log on and bother us :D

Too much work. You do it.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The LSW is such a fucking piece of shit.

"Oh, you want me to kill that guy? Nah, you can hit him once but only once."

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You girls still on?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes mistress.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Coming.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    With the grip and silencer I've found its recoil to be somewhat manageable, but then you're forced to be running bling and stopping power, and that isn't any fun, particularly on a gun with such awful irons.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And that, good sirs, is why the L86 is called the unloved child.

It requires that you be motionless, and burst fire, usually two quick bursts does it for me. The only thing you need is the grip, because otherwise it flies all over the place.

I have a special place in my heart for the SUSAT and irons... call me a masochist.

Booker on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Booker wrote: »

It requires that you be motionless, and burst fire, usually two quick bursts does it for me. The only thing you need is the grip, because otherwise it flies all over the place.

I have a special place in my heart for the SUSAT and irons... call me a masochist.

I have only hugs for my L86; I find it to be one of my favorite weapons in all the game.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i played some sabotage today, and i gotta say, its pretty fun. Playing with pubs its impossible not to go to sudden death cuz no one works together, but still, pretty kickin'. Maybe it was just those matches but you get shit for a match bonus. Im lvl 65 and i was getting sub 800 points after. Maybe you get more if the bomb actually goes off? I guess the 40+ kills i rack up make up for it though...

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I keep forgetting to put together my super flexible build. Famas with masterkey and pp2000 or TMP.

e: I think you get like 2000 points for being the planter that wins the game.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So after my first prestige, I told myself I was going to use the intervention this time around since I only used the Barrett and the WA2000 my first time through. I struggled like crazy with the recoil on that thing and just could not get the hang of it... so I stopped sniping for a while and went back to my beloved FAL <3.

But then I got bored today and equipped the following:

Intervention w/HBS
    Akimbo USP
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Steady Aim Pro

Holy. Balls.

Something just clicked and now this build is my instant win button. Fast scoping coupled with the close range deadliness of the USPs with steady aim just make me a pure killing machine. For the next hour I don't think I had any less than a 5/1 KD ratio.

datac0re on
  • Options
    eekseeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't get fast-scoping. Specifically, why it's fun. It's abusing a game mechanic right? It's having the computer aim for you, and give you hits. So skillful, so skillful.

eeks on
    Eeks aka Erik K
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    eeks wrote: »
    I don't get fast-scoping. Specifically, why it's fun. It's abusing a game mechanic right? It's having the computer aim for you, and give you hits. So skillful, so skillful.

I think if anything it should give you a severe accuracy penalty.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm not talking about doing the "firing before the scope is totally up" bullshit. I'm talking about being able to scope quickly, track a target, and take his head off. That absolutely is skillful. No computer aiming going on.

datac0re on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Booker wrote: »

A friend of mine keeps arguing that his L86 is better than my RPD. He says the thing has a higher fire rate, so a faster kill speed and the recoil really isn't that bad if you burst fire it, I swear! And then I point out that it's not really a higher rate of fire if you have to let go of the trigger just to hit anything.

With the RPD, if there's a target you can't quite aim at, you can just spam in the general direction and you'll soon get a +100.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am attempting to get all the achievements for this game because they look pretty easy. Playing this game on veteran is not at all fun. Oh you got shot? Wait 10 seconds before you can see again. I am on Favella and about to call it quits, is this the hardest part or does it only get more difficult?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

I hate when it does that when I'm using my AR because I'm generally watching an area for people coming at me and it will jerk my aim away when a guy runs past and some guy standing there shoots me as my gun tracks some guy I'm not fast enough to shoot. I don't snipe, but the quick-scoping shit is awful.

Magell on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    datac0re wrote: »

I'm not talking about doing the "firing before the scope is totally up" bullshit. I'm talking about being able to scope quickly, track a target, and take his head off. That absolutely is skillful. No computer aiming going on.

IIRC the console versions include a healthy amount of snap-targeting when you enter ADS mode, something the PC lacks. That's why all the quickscope videos are console.

Robman on
  • Options
    Doak22Doak22 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If anybody here was playing team deathmatch on Afghan tonight at around 10:00 Eastern time, and was wondering who got the killcam shot of a noob toob grenade soup canning some poor bastard in the junk--that was me.

Doak22 on
    Brawl: 1246.8412.5352
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    datac0re wrote: »

IIRC the console versions include a healthy amount of snap-targeting when you enter ADS mode, something the PC lacks. That's why all the quickscope videos are console.
    The snap targeting is single player only, online there is a bit of magnetism and they also slow down your sensitivity over a target.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If I remember right, I think I ended up liking the LSW better than the RPD when I was mastering guns, but now I just run around w the RPD and murder fools.

Tenden, if someone hasn't answered, it was hard static/feedback that came through your mic and was really loud for some reason.

I fucking love HC but I love softcore too, just like having both options. I tried explaining why I felt it was a valid game-type, but scat, in your infinite rage, refused to believe it could be enjoyable.

Also, the first-name thing tonight was awesome, though we still used the tags most of the time. Easier in those rushed situations.

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just can't stand the people who think hardcore is the only game type to play and the rest is just easy mode.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sorry guys. Friend was on and we were going to bed like an hour or two ago. Every time you sent the request we agreed we were on our final map. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I just can't stand the people who think hardcore is the only game type to play and the rest is just easy mode.

Man, I think both modes balance out to me, you might play them slightly differently but the majority of tactics can be used in both to much success. But whatever, people like what they like and don't what they don't... I gotta try southpaw controls sometime, see how it works.

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sanguinary wrote: »
    Also, the first-name thing tonight was awesome, though we still used the tags most of the time. Easier in those rushed situations.
    High five, e-buddy!

I just prestiged, #5. This prestige will be dedicated to Marathon for blue, Lightweight for red, and Scrambler and SitRep for Yellow. I think I have all the other ones mastered. Since I'm doing Marathon/Lightweight I'm doing a lot of witching. I've really come to find that the pistols-the M9 in particular, but the USP is a close second-are actually pretty awesome. If you can hammer that trigger fast enough you do really well. I can't wait to unlock akimbo and tac knifes again.

I was sitting on 9 different guns with less than 20 kills to go before 10,000 exp. It's made things a lot better.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    After watching Vyngaard kill entire enemy teams multiple times, I decided to give the L86 a try a while ago. I gotta say it's a pretty decent LMG, I guess i'm the odd man out because I love the irons on that LMG it's pretty straight forward for me. I still can't stand most LMG's though they slow you down too much and this game doesnt support suppresive fire when you got UMP users everywhere.

Also I loved in that SnD match how they were bitching about me noobtubing, when they uesd javelins and noobtubes on our spawn. Yea guess it aint fun when you get tubed back, right? God damn scrubs. Also yea I gotta learn everyones names again because I forgot them all pretty much besides Ben. <3 haha

I like HC sometimes but it can easily turn into a campfest really fast. I find most of the matches in HC I play the timer usually runs out before someone hits the top score. I wanna say is the P90 is awesome and it's huge ass cli-MAG saved my ass so many times. Also estate map can go burn in hell since we NEVER play as the russians and take the uphill advantage.
    Twmjr screw you and your damn SPAS-12, can't believe that damn shotgun!

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The L86's irons just don't click for me, I seem to have trouble with sights that have an open top like that, I also have trouble ADS'ing a majority of the pistols, for example. (Who needs em, I have my spas-12)

Arrath on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Also estate map can go burn in hell since we NEVER play as the russians and take the uphill advantage.

When my friends make up a full party we veto that shit every time. All it takes is one guy on the other team agreeing and the veto passes. Which basically means we never play Estate. :mrgreen:

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't understand the hate for Estate. It's one of the best maps in the game.

"Oh, but we always spawn on the bottom of the hill! Wahhh!"

Listen. You can fucking take the house. It is by no means some impregnable fortress with adamantium fucking walls. There are no 50 foot drawbridges and moats around it. It's a goddamn easily penetrated wooden house with no doors and a shitload of windows to throw grenades in.

Because you know what map comes up when you veto a good map like Estate? Favela.

Ah, but anyways. I had plenty of good games tonight. AC-130s errygame. We had the issue of pubs leaving about halfway through, since we won most of them 7500-sub2000 :rotate:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Estate is a fine map. If you hang out in the house, you get pinned in the house, and you can just pound said house with explosives and just win fairly easily. With two decent teams, the house will change hands several times.

Favela is also a really good map - it's a race to establish control over the rooftops. Only the rooftops are terribly exposed, making it a high risk high reward gambit.

The only really bad map in MW2 is Wasteland, because it's so very boring.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    The only really bad map in MW2 is Derail, because it's so very boring.

Fixed.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I am attempting to get all the achievements for this game because they look pretty easy. Playing this game on veteran is not at all fun. Oh you got shot? Wait 10 seconds before you can see again. I am on Favella and about to call it quits, is this the hardest part or does it only get more difficult?

I think the hardest part was getting to the Russian sub in 2 minutes. That time limit sucked.

Overall, I think the Veteran is a bit easier then CoD 4's. That was seriously bullshit. Here, you just have to deal with a lot of Smucker's smeared on your face.

Delta Assault on