Options

Modern Warfare 2: More like 'Finite Ward', am I right?

• Options
    Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    The only really bad map in MW2 is Salvage, because it's so very boring.

Fixed.

Double fixed.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rodent242 wrote: »

Fixed.

Double fixed.

What the fuck Salvage are you playing, because that map is awesome.

2 AC-130s errymatch amirite?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The map is filled to the brink with toobing and thumping gooses everytime I play it, and it also comes up way way way to often, I wanna play Rust damnit.

And yes, I realize liking Rust makes me a bit of the odd man out.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The map is filled to the brink with toobing and thumping gooses everytime I play it, and it also comes up way way way to often, I wanna play Rust damnit.

And yes, I realize liking Rust makes me a bit of the odd man out.

Oh, it's on now.

(It's not really on, but Rust to me was Shipment but with higher ground. Which I didn't like).

Eh, opinions are always going to be divided over the maps. Could go for some more Crash right about now, eh Scat?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rust is fine, once every 50 or more games. I don't understand the whole "killbox" cult out there. 32 people on Shipment? Are you fucking crazy?

And Luigi?
    Fuck you <3, and fuck Crash (Trash)

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    More like Smash
    -ing good map.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can do fine in it, but it's just so poorly designed for the new shit in MW2.

edit: why the fuck am I still awake

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It feels so good to be running around with an AR again. Mainly because my k/d went back up to 2.5 every match.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just tried my first S&D match, and at the end I had the bomb and was at the site but didn't know how to plant it. What do you have to do (on PC)? I tried a bunch of numbers and E and F, luckily the other team was wiped out before everyone got pissed at me.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You did seem to be having a good time with the AK, Josh.

And I love that after I'm spawned in the sights of the thermal sniper by the gas station who had just killed me on Overgrown and die again, the game apologies by spawning me behind him.

EDIT: What's reload on the PC? Because that's what is is on the 360.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I assume 'plant the bomb' is R, but that's based on me assuming that it's the reload key.

Also after Reach having the awesome backstab knifery I'm not sure MW2's quick slash is ever going to do it for me again.

Fixed.

Double fixed.

I hated Salvage but I think it was mainly because we only ever used to play SnD on it. In TDM the whole back half of the map comes into play and it works a lot better.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    One of my only major complaints about Salvage is that damn side entrance to the house. It's so awkard to exit and enter.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So when I dropped last night at the beginning of that match? Yeahhhhhh, my fancy fucking Apple router doesn't power on anymore. So that's totally cool. Still won't power up this morning, so I swapped out that router with an old one so I can play again. :P

Good games last night, people quitting left and right. I love it when people talk shit in the lobbies (ahahahaha, the guy's calling you a redneck Scat) but then get their asses handed to them in the first 2-3 minutes of the game and they bail (those same guys). I got a kick out of that one big group led by that "Miss Ava <something>" who were all using fall camo'd guns. "Check out our fall camo! We'll whip your asses!" "Or, check out this famas|spas|mg4|etc." "Quick, bail!" :lol:

Got my very very first "legit" throwing knife last night on Favela. I've played a throwing-knife only match with you guys before (which I'd forgotten about), but never tried it in a real match. It was gloriously funny. I hit a lot of 10k point challenges last night. Famas kills, Famas headshots, SPAS kills. :P Wheeeee, bars!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I assume 'plant the bomb' is R, but that's based on me assuming that it's the reload key.

Also after Reach having the awesome backstab knifery I'm not sure MW2's quick slash is ever going to do it for me again.

Fixed.

Double fixed.

I hated Salvage but I think it was mainly because we only ever used to play SnD on it. In TDM the whole back half of the map comes into play and it works a lot better.

Nope, I was the last guy left, went to plant the bomb... nothing. I started smashing other buttons, got myself with a flash grenade, then died.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nope, I was the last guy left, went to plant the bomb... nothing. I started smashing other buttons, got myself with a flash grenade, then died.
    Does the PC not do like the 360 does? On the 360 when you have the bomb and can plant and you approach the bombsite you get a message "Press and hold X to plant the bomb" at the bottom of the screen.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just smashed a dude using a FAMAS. I won all but one of our firefights.

EDIT: I was using an AK.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Does the PC not do like the 360 does? On the 360 when you have the bomb and can plant and you approach the bombsite you get a message "Press and hold X to plant the bomb" at the bottom of the screen.

It did that time, weird that two matches in a row I didn't see it.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I hate to ask, but you did have the bomb on you those other two times, right? In SnD & Sabotage you have to specifically go get the bomb before you can plant, as opposed to Demolition, where you and all of your teammates have a bomb. Just askin'. :)

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I heard you guys talking M1014 last night, how does it work? Does ADS widen spread like the SPAS, and does that grip actually do anything? (Besides looking cool)

Booker on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Booker wrote: »
    So I heard you guys talking M1014 last night, how does it work? Does ADS widen spread like the SPAS, and does that grip actually do anything? (Besides looking cool)
    The M10 is Jeebus in shotgun form. Grip reduces recoil on it, not sure if ADS-ing gets you anything. 99% of the time I'm hip-firing any shotgun I'm using.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Maybe I need to burst fire with it? I fired almost a full clip into a guy with the PP2000. Anyways I might give the raffica a go.

for the record at medium to close range the PP2000 does as much damage as the assault rifles. Let that sink in for a bit.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God. Fuck Derail.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How many of you guys play in the hardcore playlists? I've played with Josh and a few of others a couple times in ground war, which was rad, but I had to switch over my classes to have SP or just pump half a mag into people, which was why I only played HC in in the first MW and ran into you guys a lot more on that.

Yeah, we alkl migrated to HC in MW1 after a few months of playing, but we've never really gotten into it the same in MW2. I know there are a couple of guys that prefer it, but not a lot. Sanguine, I think, likes it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I hate to ask, but you did have the bomb on you those other two times, right? In SnD & Sabotage you have to specifically go get the bomb before you can plant, as opposed to Demolition, where you and all of your teammates have a bomb. Just askin'. :)

Strangely enough, even if you DON'T have the bomb on you, it will still pop-up that message on screen, so it wouldn't really matter if he had it or not for why he didn't see that message.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Booker wrote: »
    The M10 is Jeebus in shotgun form. Grip reduces recoil on it, not sure if ADS-ing gets you anything. 99% of the time I'm hip-firing any shotgun I'm using.

Yeah, don't ADS with the M10. It turns the gun into a marshmellow cooker.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    How many of you guys play in the hardcore playlists? I've played with Josh and a few of others a couple times in ground war, which was rad, but I had to switch over my classes to have SP or just pump half a mag into people, which was why I only played HC in in the first MW and ran into you guys a lot more on that.

Yeah, we alkl migrated to HC in MW1 after a few months of playing, but we've never really gotten into it the same in MW2. I know there are a couple of guys that prefer it, but not a lot. Sanguine, I think, likes it.
    I enjoy hardcore. I played a few matches the other day and did well. Most people don't expect you to be running around like a mad-man in that game-mode so you can get a lot of kills if you're not camping. Though I didn't run into too many campers when I played. Besides, in HC you just need to get a round or two into them and they're done. So you can get them through walls or with explosives much more easily than you can in normal mode. There's no "oh, got a hitmarker, but he's still alive." No, you get a hitmarker and that fucker's dead. :D

I wouldn't say that I enjoy it more than regular mode though.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Yeah, don't ADS with the M10. It turns the gun into a marshmellow cooker.

Thanks, althougth that is disappointing, it has got the nicest shotgun irons.

Booker on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I enjoy Hardcore mode a fair bit more than Normal. It's nice to fire a burst into a guy and have him drop dead. That feels satisfying, instead of firing a burst into a guy, having him look at you, and then blow you up with a noob tube. That doesn't feel so great. Also, the thing about MW2 multiplayer is that they give you shit for ammo. They give you, what... 90 rounds? When in singleplayer, you'll often be carrying 300 to 600 rounds of ammo. They go from that to 90 rounds in multiplayer. I dunno why, they're just like, 90 rounds seems like enough. Well, it goes much further when you only need one burst to down a guy, let me tell ya. 90 rounds of ammo on Normal can be depleted rather rapidly.

However, there's a lot of bullshit changes on Hardcore as well. There's no ammo counter. Now, you might think this would be realistic at first, but no... no it's not. In real life, you don't have an ammo counter on a HUD, but you've got a pretty good sense of how many rounds you've shot off. Plus, some guns use transparent magazines, or ammo belts, which allow you to visually check the number of rounds left. And of course, you can check your total ammo amount by looking at how many magazines you've got left in your vest pouches or pockets. None of this is doable in Hardcore mode. So why is there no ammo counter? Are we just supposed to write down how many rounds we have left on a notebook somewhere when we're not firing? Is that what they expect us to do? Seriously, it's just really annoying, and I can't do it. I'm not gonna mentally keep track of ammo or write it down on notes next to my controller. That's not fun, that's bullshit. That is pure bullshit gameplay.

Lastly, you lose the reticle on your screen. Now, this one... it's just my personal preference, but I don't care for it. I like having a reticle on the screen. When you're firing from your hip in real life, you've got a well tuned spatial sense of where the gun is firing. It's something that, I think, is represented in a video game by the reticle. Obviously, you should aim down the sights for precision fire, but I think having the somewhat inaccurate reticle for normal firing is fine at simulating how a well trained soldier would fire their gun from the hip in a sort of instinctive manner, when you're caught in situations without the time for aiming down the sights. So the disappearance of the reticle in Hardcore just annoys me. Plus, honestly... what ends up happening is that people are just going to exploit the game by drawing a reticle on their monitor screen. Which is lame, but that's what the game forces them to do. So all this ends up accomplishing is putting those people (me) who don't care for defacing their monitors at a disadvantage in certain combat situations. That's just a shame.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So all this ends up accomplishing is putting those people (me) who don't care for defacing their monitors at a disadvantage in certain combat situations. That's just a shame.

When comparing yourself with the person that sharpies their monitor. You win regardless of score.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Both the M240 and MG4 have nonfunctional suppressors.

Also, video.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-call-of/64933

That quick-cutting piece of shit just gave me epilepsy. Mechanical, you're getting my doctor bills.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm just the messenger.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ...Just bought the Stimulus maps...

Ugh, they bought back Overgrown. I hate Overgrown.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I enjoy Hardcore mode a fair bit more than Normal. It's nice to fire a burst into a guy and have him drop dead. That feels satisfying, instead of firing a burst into a guy, having him look at you, and then blow you up with a noob tube. That doesn't feel so great. Also, the thing about MW2 multiplayer is that they give you shit for ammo. They give you, what... 90 rounds? When in singleplayer, you'll often be carrying 300 to 600 rounds of ammo. They go from that to 90 rounds in multiplayer. I dunno why, they're just like, 90 rounds seems like enough. Well, it goes much further when you only need one burst to down a guy, let me tell ya. 90 rounds of ammo on Normal can be depleted rather rapidly.

While you're other points may be valid, i do not believe your ammo count to be very well articulated. Limiting ammo is a balance move. I'm sure you could physically carry more ammo, but then why would you use the scavenger perk?

There's a legitimate reason why ammo is limited to 3 magazinesin MP. It's to make some perks worthwhile. Single player is another--inferior--gametype altogether.

If I had 300 rounds of Scar-h ammo, I'd just run SoH or Bling the whole time. If you want 300 rounds, go use the RPD. :)

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

While you're other points may be valid, i do not believe your ammo count to be very well articulated. Limiting ammo is a balance move. I'm sure you could physically carry more ammo, but then why would you use the scavenger perk?

There's a legitimate reason why ammo is limited to 3 magazinesin MP. It's to make some perks worthwhile. Single player is another--inferior--gametype altogether.

If I had 300 rounds of Scar-h ammo, I'd just run SoH or Bling the whole time. If you want 300 rounds, go use the RPD. :)

I don't give a rat's ass about the Scavenger perk. Fuck the Scavenger perk. Perks in general are silly, IMO. I just don't think it makes sense for a soldier to take three magazines into battle. That does not seem wise. It's especially dumb considering that most game modes have respawning, something that also doesn't occur in real life. So you'll have everyone respawn, require 3 or 4 bursts to kill a guy on Normal, and then limit us to three magazines. Yea, great. Fucking great idea guys. That makes a ton of sense.

Plus, it means you can't really do any sort of suppressive fire, like in real life. There's no reasonable way to lay down suppressive fire when you've only got 90 rounds to work with.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    LMGs.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Suppressive fire doesn't work in this game.

At all.

This is a videogoddamngame.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Again, LMGs. It's as close as you'll get.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just don't think it makes sense for a soldier to take three magazines into battle.
    Ahhh, I see the problem here. You're laboring under the assumption that this is real life, and/or that this game in some way conforms to real life experiences. Please check that you're still playing a game, and that you're not actually being shot at by Rangers, Militia, OpFor, or the Spetsnaz.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

So you'll have everyone respawn, require 3 or 4 bursts to kill a guy on Normal, and then limit us to two dimensions. Yea, great. Fucking great idea guys. That makes a ton of sense.

fixed

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just don't think it makes sense for a soldier to take three magazines into battle.
    Ahhh, I see the problem here. You're laboring under the assumption that this is real life, and/or that this game in some way conforms to real life experiences. Please check that you're still playing a game, and that you're not actually being shot at by Rangers, Militia, OpFor, or the Spetsnaz.

You're right, it's just a game. I shouldn't have any expectations of stuff relating to modern warfare. Contemporary conflicts. That would be silly.

I should just play as Italian plumbers and hop around on giant killer mushrooms and sliding down fucking green pipes all day. Cause it's just a game, right? Anything goes! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Delta Assault on