As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2010 Hotel Room Share Thread

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Space has been taken, thanks!

cabsy on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    [strike]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Sheraton
    Total Cost: Little under 200ish
    Date Arriving: 9-02(Thur)
    Date Leaving: 9-06(Mon)
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    Additional Notes/Requests: Coming up on the WCTT, non-smoking, probably going to be party Sat night, some people will be sleeping on floor.
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Best Contact Method: PM

Still with 1 more spot.[/strike]

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    [strike]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:[/strike]

Hotel: Sheraton Seattle Hotel & Towers
    Total Cost: 254.32 (per spot)
    Date Arriving: 09/02 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: 09/06 (Monday)
    Number of Spots Available: [strike]2[/strike] [strike]1[/strike] 0
    Additional Notes/Requests: I'm arriving and leaving with the CCST.
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Male
    Best Contact Method: Forum PM will get my attention very quickly.

To recap, I've booked a double double at the Sheraton and I'm looking for two people to share it with, preferably people who plan on staying all 4 nights. I'd prefer to share it with people who value a good night's sleep, so I don't intend on throwing any parties, though I certainly don't mind attending them or if you do.

Update: I've found one guy already, so I need one more guy. As a clarification, the room has two beds and we'll obtain extra pillows and blankets for a third person to sleep either on the floor or in the chair. This floor/chair position is up for rotation on a nightly basis so nobody gets screwed and everyone pays an equal share.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Update 2: At this point, it looks like I'm full up.

Rius on
  • Options
    HullroonHullroon Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Spot filled

Hullroon on
  • Options
    forbiddencookieforbiddencookie Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Update: Found a room. Thanks everyone!

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Sept 2
    Date Leaving: Sept 6
    Spots Needed: 2
    Additional Notes: 20's Couple looking for a room where we could preferably have a bed. We won't be loud or partying too much as I'm pregnant and mostly looking to play games and sleep. This will be our second PAX and we love it. We're hopefully looking to pay $200 or less for the weekend for the two of us, but that may be wishful thinking, and we're open to paying more if it means more comfort. We like video games (Gears of War is our favorite to play together), RPGs (I run a Warhammer FRPG and he's starting up a 3rd ed campaign to try it out), and board games.
    My Gender: Female and male
    Your Gender: Anything
    Best Contact Method: E-mail (forbiddenmacaroon@yahoo.com) or PM

forbiddencookie on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [STRIKE]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Total Cost: $190/person
    Date Arriving: Thursday, September 2nd
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 6th
    Additional Notes/Requests: Only one bed
    My Gender: Male/Female
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: belgand at gmail

My girlfriend and I (both late 20s) are going up to PAX on the West Coast Train Trip and have extra space in our room.

We're primarily going to be using the room for sleeping. Neither of us drink and nights are best spent going to concerts or getting in even more gaming.
    [/STRIKE]

Belgand on
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    got a room thanx everyone

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    ScottOfTheWalkScottOfTheWalk Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Hello,

I would rather not pay all that money for a room when I can just share one. Dont mind sleeping on the floor.

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 9/2/10
    Date Leaving: 9/5/10
    Spots Needed: 1
    Additional Notes: Im a 34 year old male from California..; )
    Your Gender: I dont care
    Best Contact Method:
    Email: scott_sheldon2003@yahoo.com

ScottOfTheWalk on
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Homewood Suites
    Total Cost: $185
    Date Arriving: Thursday Sept 2
    Date Leaving: Monday Sept 6
    Additional Notes/Requests: We have the huge 800 square foot suite. Bring a sleeping bag, air mattress, or whatever else you might need to get comfy!
    My Gender: MMMMM
    Best Contact Method: PM, or reply/DM to @samcconnell on Twitter

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    n/m

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    reinekecreinekec Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [STRIKE]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: WESTIN SEATTLE
    1900 FIFTH AVENUE
    SEATTLE, WA 98101

Total Cost: 551.40 (137.80 per person)
    Date Arriving: 9/2/2010
    Date Leaving: 9/5/2010
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Additional Notes/Requests: Looking for two. (probably only get two keys for the room). We booked a two double bed double occupancy.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: pm me please and we can go from there.

Me and my buddy (22yo and 21yo) really want to go again but our other two friends from last year can't make it this year. I went ahead and booked the hotel anyways and now we are looking for two to share the room with. We will probably only get two keys for the room to share amongst each group.

We won't go if we don't find two others because it would be too expensive for just us. Let me know! :)

Update: Taken [/STRIKE]

reinekec on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not that I'm saying it's guaranteed but it probably wouldn't be that difficult to get more than 2 keys even though it's supposed to only be for 2 people. I haven't done it myself but I know a lot of people have gotten 4+ keys on a double occupancy room.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Not that I'm saying it's guaranteed but it probably wouldn't be that difficult to get more than 2 keys even though it's supposed to only be for 2 people. I haven't done it myself but I know a lot of people have gotten 4+ keys on a double occupancy room.

Hi I lost my key can I get another? In fact can I just get 2 for when my friend inevitably loses his?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reinekecreinekec Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Ya.. but I wasn't sure because when picking the hotel it said double, triple and quad occupany for two double bed. Each one was more expensive then the other. Last year we got a double occupancy 1 bed for four and didn't get in trouble?

reinekec on
  • Options
    SassafrasSassafras Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Found space. Thanks!

Sassafras on
  • Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sassafras wrote: »
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Sept 2
    Date Leaving: Sept 6
    Additional Notes: 21 year-old, quiet, not much of a party-goer, but not opposed to parties, willing to sleep on floor or couch.
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Anything
    Best Contact Method: E-mail (rocketjumpwaltz@gmail.com) or PM

Do you want to join in the reinekec room? You can be in charge of the 2nd key

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    reinekec wrote: »

Ya.. but I wasn't sure because when picking the hotel it said double, triple and quad occupany for two double bed. Each one was more expensive then the other. Last year we got a double occupancy 1 bed for four and didn't get in trouble?

Well you can't get in trouble if they don't know :)

Although, I imagine most of the hotels are quite aware that people are cramming rooms full, they probably just don't care enough or something. Most people just leave the do not disturb sign on the whole weekend.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    reinekec wrote: »

Well you can't get in trouble if they don't know :)

Although, I imagine most of the hotels are quite aware that people are cramming rooms full, they probably just don't care enough or something. Most people just leave the do not disturb sign on the whole weekend.

I've generally just figured hotels don't care so long as you don't A.) Trash the room B.) Make too much noise and C.) Violate some kinda fire code.

Nope on
  • Options
    polencepolence Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Most hotels will give you the room keys/vin card according to the allowed number of occupancy for each room. If you need further keys (lost your key), they usually just give you a new one with no charge once they verified with an ID, that you are the registered occupant of the room. It really depends on the policy of the hotel you are staying with.

polence on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just popping in to say that, while 1 or 2 extra should be fine, don't try what my group did at PAX East and fit 9 people in a 2 bed room especially when one was 6'10". It just doesn't work.

However, the hotel we had was totally cool with it. There's no way they couldn't have known but they didn't boot us out. Just don't be dicks about it and you should be fine.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    ShadowPraxisShadowPraxis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    NEED SPACE:

[strike]Date Arriving: Probably Thursday evening, Sept 2nd
    Date Leaving: Probably Monday morn, Sept 5th (Dates tentative, but probably 89% correct)
    Additional Notes: 2 hygenic, courteous, non-drama causing editors for an independent video games website (Crush! Frag! Destroy!) are looking to cover PAX on a shoestring budget and at the last minute. Looking for cheap roomspace, preferably not costing an arm and/or leg, as both of those will be required to help cover the convention - at least one of us is perfectly fine with sleeping on the floor, provided nobody steps on his head. Not adverse to parties, per se, but also prefers roommates who won't mind someone people staying up late, quietly writing and/or possibly recording a podcast one of the afternoon/evenings of the show as well.
    My Gender: Male and Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter, so long as you bathe and are semi-friendly
    Best Contact Method: email r.thomas@crushfragdestroy.com or send a Twitter message to @ShadowPraxis

Help is very much appreciated![/strike]

Nevermind - room secured. Sorry to everybody I didn't reply back to - I DO appreciate all the offers!

ShadowPraxis on
    Editor-in-Chief & Owner
    Crush! Frag! Destroy!
    Breaking Your Controllers Since 2009
  • Options
    .Ko.Ko Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [STRIKE]NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Sept 2nd or 3rd
    Date Leaving: Sept 5th or 6th (arrival and departure will depend on where I can find accommodation)
    Additional Notes: I'm a friendly artist/gamer on a budget, arriving from Vancouver, BC
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: I don't care if you don't. :D
    Best Contact Method: PM for now, or email me at andrea.harmati@live.com

Additional notes:

This will be my first visit to the US, as well as first time to PAX. I'm friendly, quiet and won't be in the room except to sleep (but if your group wants to party it's fine by me).[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Group found :D TY

.Ko on
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    [strike]
    Total Cost: 100 to 200 per spot
    Date Arriving: Thurs (Sept 2nd)
    Date Leaving: Sun. (Sept 5th)
    Number of Spots Available: 2 to 3, best if your a group.

Additional Notes/Requests: Hotel is pretty much right next to the convention center. Room should have two beds, two other people will be in there other then me. Usual rules apply, if you smoke or drink do it outside the room, try an be quiet, bathe, basically Wheaton's Law is in affect here. (Don't make me hunt you down at check out)

My Gender: Male, and a gal an her friend
    Your Gender: Male or Female
    Best Contact Method: PM me on here or at my email (nicgrug@hotmail.com)

I'll leave this up for a couple days.

[/strike]

Nope on
  • Options
    Seraph621Seraph621 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Friday, Sept. 3
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Sept. 5
    Additional Notes: Male writer, 24 and relaxed. I enjoy sleeping and showering, don't mind the floor.
    My Gender: Male.
    Your Gender: Awesome.
    Best Contact Method: PM or seraph621@gmail.com.

Seraph621 on
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [strike]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Sheraton (Double occupancy - two beds)
    Total Cost: Maximum, $32 per night
    Date Arriving: Thursday, September 2nd
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 6th
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (maybe 2)
    My Gender: 2F/3M
    Your Gender: Don't care.
    Best Contact Method: PM and then text/e-mail or irc.

Additional Notes/Requests:
    Still have two spots for carpool anywhere between Vancouver and Seattle if anyone is interested, but we're leaving super early on Thursday. We have two beds and I am willing to sleep on the floor so they are not claimed. Five people, looking for one more.

Parties and the like we can discuss as a group, I can go either way. I've had this booked for awhile and would just like to get minimum of 6 people to lower costs :] [/strike]

Filled!

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    ZondaroZondaro Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    SPACE FILLED

Zondaro on
  • Options
    TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have been put in a situation, yet again, where all the people I was going to go with ended up bailing. So I have a car, a hotel booked, and a 3 day pass for myself. I am looking for people to fill the empty spots in my car and hotel. we can arrange for something if you are in Northern cali or even somewhere on the way. If you are interested at all, please contact me via email theonlyvenom@gmail.com (fastest way) or by text or call 925-818-8789 (my name is Jesse), or you can even post here. Anyone is welcome, young or old, I just want to make this happen. Thanks!

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    FrozunFrozun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    FILLED

Hotel: Sheraton Seattle
    Total Cost: $165 per person, cheaper if we get more than 2 people.
    Date Arriving: Thurs Sep 2nd
    Date Leaving: Mon Sep 6th (Morning)
    Number of Spots Available: 2-4

My Gender: 2 Guys
    Best Contact Method: Email me at frznthunder@gmail.com

All spots full

Frozun on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    [strike]HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Total Cost: Little under 200ish
    Date Arriving: 9-02(Thur)
    Date Leaving: 9-06(Mon)
    Additional Notes/Requests: Coming up on the WCTT, non-smoking, probably going to be party Sat night
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: Whatever

Now with 1 more spot.

Had someone dropped out.[/strike]

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Friday, Sept. 3
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Sept. 5
    Additional Notes: Male, 27. This will be my first PAX. Don't mind crashing on the floor as long as I have a pillow. I'm generally full of awesomeness.
    My Gender: Male.
    Your Gender: Don't care

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've found that if you tell the hotel you've lost your key and need another, or left it in the room or whatever, they void out the missing key when they give you a replacement. So you still only have two keys.

Just be upfront about it and ask for multiple keys.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    HoneydewHoneydew Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Found something, thanks!

Honeydew on
  • Options
    RyvenZRyvenZ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Found SPACE

Date Arriving: Thursday night, September 2 (taking the train or flying, likely)
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 6
    Additional Notes: Second year PAX attendee, from Portland.
    My Gender: Male (29)
    Your Gender: Irrelevant
    Best Contact Method: Text me @ 5033811968

I stayed at the Sheraton last year so I'm kind of spoiled in that regard. Just text me with your hotel and total asking price for my share.

Edit: Thanks, Merci

RyvenZ on
  • Options
    snakeyes128snakeyes128 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Update: I have found a room. Thanks everyone!

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Sep 2, 2010
    Date Leaving: Sep 6, 2010
    Additional Notes: Easy going, very chill. PAX Rookie.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: Private message me on this forum :)

snakeyes128 on
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Data Center Operations Systems Engineer Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Days Inn
    Total Cost: $120/per person
    Date Arriving: September 2
    Date Leaving: September 5
    Number of Spots Available: (7 reserved)
    Additional Notes/Requests: I'm an easy going person. My second trip to PAX this year. My preferences are no smoking and drinking. I check my email faster than PM on forums.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM or email Dakinggamer@gmail.com

Update: All space filled unless something comes up!! Thanks everyone.

Dakinggamer87 on
    My Game Collection
    Dakinggamer's Paradise

PAX Prime 2015 - hotel room [] 4 day badge [√]
  • Options
    PastyPasty cutscenesmith Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    [strike]NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 02 SEP
    Date Leaving: 06 SEP
    Additional Notes: Both 24 y/o males, one an enthusiast (first time at PAX) and the other an indie game developer (second time at PAX). Very easygoing.
    Best Contact Method: [/strike]

Pasty on
  • Options
    JusticeRobinJusticeRobin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Problem solved, thanks!

JusticeRobin on
  • Options
    d3viouschimpd3viouschimp Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hey everyone, anybody staying at any of the hostels besides the green tortoise?

d3viouschimp on
    You Just Got Outplayed! ;-)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    John_FN_SeilerJohn_FN_Seiler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 02 SEP
    Date Leaving: 05 SEP
    My Gender: both male
    Best Contact Method: damoonrules@hotmail.com

This would be my 3rd time at PAX and my friends first time. We are both willing to sleep on the floor.

John_FN_Seiler on
    Listen to Spoiler Alert on KSUA 91.5FM at http://ksua.uaf.edu/ Every Tuesday 8 PM-10PM (9-11 PM Pacific). It's a Talk show about games, movies, comics, wrestling, TV and everything in between.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spoiler-Alert-KSUA-915-FM/129190520480743
  • Options
    UroborosUroboros Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Ramada Inn
    Total Cost: Approximately $120/person for weekend.
    Date Arriving: Thursday the 2nd of September
    Date Leaving: Sunday the 5th of September
    Additional Notes/Requests: Hotel is 15 min walk to Con. currently room has myself and one other, possibly looking for a 3ed. possible late check in on Thursday
    Best Contact Method: Falcon_Guard_@hotmail.com or PM

Uroboros on
This discussion has been closed.