As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ronya wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    Mother fucker. There's an asshole using my cdkey.

Check whether game.exe is still running in the background.

Nah, its not me, its some dude named Glen.

Friggin cdkey.

Goose! on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    nice, was just screwing around in act1 hell to get some xp and I found a 4 slot staff with +2 clight.

Not great, but makes w/memory makes a better staff than my angel's.

Morkath on
  • Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone want to lend a hand with Normal Diablo? My Sorc will be in panr1. :)

Edit: Thank you Ronya

Marek on
    XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

also what type of damage are bone spells? generic magic like blessed hammer?

Yes, generic magic like Blessed Hammer.

Well, half of the damage is magic, the other half is physical.

Edit: Whoops, guess not. I guess that memory was a combination of reading the manual back when the game came out, and corpse explosion, which is 50% physical (and 50% fire.)

Tarantio on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tarantio wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »

also what type of damage are bone spells? generic magic like blessed hammer?

Yes, generic magic like Blessed Hammer.

Well, half of the damage is magic, the other half is physical.

Teeth, Bone Spear, and Bone Spirit do pure magic damage. There is no physical component.

The Arreat Summit is (as usual) misleading in its skill description pages. This bit:
    Since the force of this projectile is mystical as well as physical it can pass through one opponent and carry on to the next, rending and tearing through whatever is in its path.

is pure flavor text and has no ingame existence.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ah I believe someone wanted a hammerdin setup guide or something like that. I always go for max FCR, HOTO + Spirit make it real easy.

Equipment

*Who knows if you'll find a circlet with the 2 Sockets, fine either way.

Helm: *2/20/(2) Circlet
    Armor: Enigma
    Shield: *35% FCR Spirit 40+ Base Res
    Weapon: Heart of The Oak
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves: str/res/mf Gloves w/e
    Amulet: 2/10/res Amulet
    Rings: SoJx2

Annihilus Charm
    Hellfire Torch

Total FCR 125%

Skills
    1pt in pre-requisites
    Blessed Hammer: 20
    Vigor: 20
    Blessed Aim: 20
    Concentration: 20
    Holy Shield: Rest

Hits 11k Hammer Damage 12k with 1 more + to skill.

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I need an IK belt, if anyone has one on a mule someplace.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i have one but i'm using it.. srry..

i don't even know why i mentioned it.. maybe i should delete this post?

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh dear, I found my old Diablo 2 CDs and they magically worked their way into my computer

Somehow

And then after I was unable to find my Lord of Destruction CD my credit card whipped out and basically ordered LOD from Blizzard.com itself

Fucking magical

Welp, 20% of LOD downloaded. I guess I'm back on crack!

Robman on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barb has 500 MF and 1200 GF

Wakka Wakka motherfucker

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Someone get my barb some real killing weapons and we're good to go!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Or buy me a grief and a last wish

Whatever

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Apparently there are bots that automatically collect gold and gamble for you now.

wut

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sigh

I'm more useless

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You've been replaced by a machine. Welcome to the future.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Maybe that's where all the gosu circlets are coming from.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And I got myself a 4 soc eth war spike, which I was sure I'd never get. Woo.

Anyone got a lum? Trade you a fal or something.

Grislo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll take a Fal for a Lum.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Excellent.

Grislo on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Apparently there are bots that automatically collect gold and gamble for you now.

wut

I can't think of anything that hasn't been scripted yet

automuling
    shop bots (no more shopping for 12 hours to buy some 3/20 gloves!!)
    crafting/cubing pgems/runes for you, they even upgrade your weapons/armors...
    levelling (crush, uber-levelling before it was patched, typical Hammerdin+Helper+Leecher Chaos/Baal)
    rush

I don't buy that's how we've been getting so many "godly" rares though, the gambling option has been out since at least 1.12.

e: Oh yeah, as I'm getting spammed from gogodly.com bots, spam bots of course

ee: Sorry Zen, I just saw a Find Item script released.
    Robman wrote: »
    Oh dear, I found my old Diablo 2 CDs and they magically worked their way into my computer

Somehow

And then after I was unable to find my Lord of Destruction CD my credit card whipped out and basically ordered LOD from Blizzard.com itself

Fucking magical

Welcome!! Kind of got botp there, would help if you list your *account and ISO list for Ronya to edit in. Most people are on East ladder, and just ask yourself a simple Y/N if you're a bitch or not in deciding whether you want to play Softcore or Hardcore. I'm certain we've all been there, I've gotten past the point where I buy CD Keys straight from Blizzard, and try my awful luck by buying my keys from Diablo Item Shops. But then you can just look at the last page or 2 to find someone who's had his CD Key sold again to someone else (You can usually ask for a new set if yours doesn't work immediately, not sure how much Goose is sol)
    We have a LOT of bitches here on Softcore

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    there's a bot which ubers for you too. kills the minis, opens tristram, collects the torch, mules it, repeats

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    But then you can just look at the last page or 2 to find someone who's had his CD Key sold again to someone else (You can usually ask for a new set if yours doesn't work immediately, not sure how much Goose is sol)

Blizzard has admitted to double-selling keys, so... yeah. Even the new boxed ones you buy aren't safe, unless they're in the 26 character digital-download format.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But then you can just look at the last page or 2 to find someone who's had his CD Key sold again to someone else (You can usually ask for a new set if yours doesn't work immediately, not sure how much Goose is sol)

Blizzard has admitted to double-selling keys, so... yeah. Even the new boxed ones you buy aren't safe, unless they're in the 26 character digital-download format.

That's kind of nuts, and rumors of Blizzard/Blizzard Employees/ex-Blizzard Employees importing items into the realms...yeah, I'm still playing this game though.

So, I may or may not be feeling a little ambitious after playing Dan's Frenzy barb in Uber Trist...

Currently gear as such:
    Arreats
    +2 Seraph's Hymn
    Fort
    Grief/Azurewrath
    IK Belt
    20 IAS 9 CB crafted gloves
    Gores
    Ravenfrost/11 LL crafted ring

I'm thinking a Last Wish Phase Blade would make that mini-Uber (Frenzy/Leap or "ghetto port") to Uber Trist doable? Lv. 11 Fade from Last Wish would give +56 resists all vs. -125 from Meph's conviction (I need to calculate how much resists I have later when I hop on, having to trade for a CoH might break the deal for me), I would use Demon Limb to enchant for AR purposes, and swap out the Seraphs with a +3 War Cry ammy, and that would be my prebuffs.

lordswing on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can skills be cast in werebear form? I have this crazy idea for a build.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Trading for a CoH is deal-breaking, but Last Wish is not? :P

A lazy solution would be to just carry a shield with some diamonds in it, or Sanctuary, then swap items once Meph is dead. Or just prebuff Treachery along with the Demon Limb, you'd have to prebuff with Last Wish anyway (it is, yes, possible to be killed by an elemental attack before you get hit enough for Fade to proc with LW, especially with a high-defense character built to rely on Fade for resists. This happened to me a lot last ladder).

As I recall Dan was using Azurewrath for the specific use of hammering PIs and Sanctuary aura permitting leeching from undead - his build doesn't have (or rely on) ctc lifetap. Great for CS and WSK, but if you intend to solo ubers you may have to change this. Last Wish or Dracul's Grasp are options.

If you don't intend to solo, well, then don't worry about resists either way. Paladin should be running Salvation for party anyway.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

That's kind of nuts, and rumors of Blizzard/Blizzard Employees/ex-Blizzard Employees importing items into the realms...yeah, I'm still playing this game though.

So, I may or may not be feeling a little ambitious after playing Dan's Frenzy barb in Uber Trist...

Currently gear as such:
    Arreats
    +2 Seraph's Hymn
    Fort
    Grief/Azurewrath
    IK Belt
    20 IAS 9 CB crafted gloves
    Gores
    Ravenfrost/11 LL crafted ring

I'm thinking a Last Wish Phase Blade would make that mini-Uber (Frenzy/Leap or "ghetto port") to Uber Trist doable? Lv. 11 Fade from Last Wish would give +56 resists all vs. -125 from Meph's conviction (I need to calculate how much resists I have later when I hop on, having to trade for a CoH might break the deal for me), I would use Demon Limb to enchant for AR purposes, and swap out the Seraphs with a +3 War Cry ammy, and that would be my prebuffs.

i have actually been thinking of doing something similar with my own barb. I can already handle mini-Ubers pretty easily with my current setup:
    Arreats
    Metalgrid
    Fort
    Grief/Azurewrath
    Nosferatu's Coil
    Dracs or 20ias 10cb craft gloves
    Gores
    Ravenfrost/Dual leech allres crafted ring

Even with only around 4k life i never come close to dying. I was thinking of using swapping a deathcs with azurewrath and treachery prebuff as a cheaper alternative to last wish though. That should give me enough cb and resists to take on uber trist.

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Can skills be cast in werebear form? I have this crazy idea for a build.

The only spells you can whilst shifted are your druid summon skills and Armageddon. So whatever you were thinking of doing with Beast or Wolfhowl, it won't work. Unless you intend to punch things with your normal attack.

edit: which is sometimes authentically possible, e.g., dual dream bearform sorceresses. 40k fire+light punches means everything dies anyway, normal attack or not... can't teleport while shifted though.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If anyone comes across any +2 or +3 wc balanced knives, I want em.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Trading for a CoH is deal-breaking, but Last Wish is not? :P

A lazy solution would be to just carry a shield with some diamonds in it, or Sanctuary, then swap items once Meph is dead. Or just prebuff Treachery along with the Demon Limb, you'd have to prebuff with Last Wish anyway (it is, yes, possible to be killed by an elemental attack before you get hit enough for Fade to proc with LW, especially with a high-defense character built to rely on Fade for resists. This happened to me a lot last ladder).

As I recall Dan was using Azurewrath for the specific use of hammering PIs and Sanctuary aura permitting leeching from undead - his build doesn't have (or rely on) ctc lifetap. Great for CS and WSK, but if you intend to solo ubers you may have to change this. Last Wish or Dracul's Grasp are options.

If you don't intend to solo, well, then don't worry about resists either way. Paladin should be running Salvation for party anyway.

I figure I can toss the Last Wish to my future Paladin if I'm not happy, same with the Grief. I would never use/waste a CoH on a Sorc/character, that is my reasoning.

I was planning on seeing if I could do everything solo, so I wouldn't need to wait for Fade to be active, it would've proc'd by mini-Ubers. The shield idea might work, Sanctuary or 4os Monarch with PDiamonds. I need to check resists I guess, there's 6 War Cry gcs there, so definitely room to plug in resists. Can a 1 point concentrate work?

I'll have to check up on IAS breakpoints unless Frenzy ignores that? Also, does it matter what side the sword is in? I know with Sins you can trick the game by using a slower claw on offhand or something.

e: Sorcbear, I've never gotten around to building one (have the gear on West NL), but I imagine it's not that fun. I think it's just one of those epeen builds, look at my 70k damage!! Like you said, you can't teleport, so you'll need to stack frw I imagine.

ee: Oh, I also want in on the grush too. I'll be sure to talk a lot in town, waste everyone's time, and try to aggro everything around us!!

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wereform has hitpoints and a fast attack, principally. 5fpa attack is pretty good, even if it is just normal attack, plus you can be running eshield at the same time because you're not going to be using the mana for anything else, plus you'd be maxing Warmth for Enchant so your mana regeneration would be silly fast.

On paper it's definitely one hell of a tank. I've yet to play one, though, so I don't know just how effective it really is. At worst you can just not shift to wereform and just use Passion for zeal to apply the silly damage numbers - there's no difference there. Why don't you try it and tell us how it does :P

---

Ubers: I confess to having forgotten that Frenzy requires a dual-wield, heh. There's always the option of using a 6os phase blade with resist jewels stuck in it, instead. That might actually work better than 1pt Concentrate, plus you'd get even more sockets out of it than a 4os monarch can provide. Plug resist/damage jewels into it, and with Fortitude's 300%ed it might even do a nontrivial amount of damage. Include an Um in it for free 25% open wounds to cancel Uber regeneration, Gore's sometimes doesn't cut it.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Free insight + free insight reroll kit in pamule

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've tried both the sorc and pally dreamers, and much prefer the pally version. I can see why some prefer the sorc, though.

Grislo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What's the going rate on shakos atm? Um-ish?

Grislo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

wut

I can't think of anything that hasn't been scripted yet

automuling
    shop bots (no more shopping for 12 hours to buy some 3/20 gloves!!)
    crafting/cubing pgems/runes for you, they even upgrade your weapons/armors...
    levelling (crush, uber-levelling before it was patched, typical Hammerdin+Helper+Leecher Chaos/Baal)
    rush

I don't buy that's how we've been getting so many "godly" rares though, the gambling option has been out since at least 1.12.

e: Oh yeah, as I'm getting spammed from gogodly.com bots, spam bots of course

ee: Sorry Zen, I just saw a Find Item script released.
    Robman wrote: »

Somehow

Fucking magical

Welcome!! Kind of got botp there, would help if you list your *account and ISO list for Ronya to edit in. Most people are on East ladder, and just ask yourself a simple Y/N if you're a bitch or not in deciding whether you want to play Softcore or Hardcore. I'm certain we've all been there, I've gotten past the point where I buy CD Keys straight from Blizzard, and try my awful luck by buying my keys from Diablo Item Shops. But then you can just look at the last page or 2 to find someone who's had his CD Key sold again to someone else (You can usually ask for a new set if yours doesn't work immediately, not sure how much Goose is sol)
    We have a LOT of bitches here on Softcore

SIGH

I just quit

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ISO:

Ethereal Monarch, 0 or 4 sockets.

Grislo on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    figured i'd finally make an iso for the OP

iso:
    tal's armor
    tal's ammy
    chance guards
    war travs
    plain monarch/4os monarch
    storch

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jebus. I haven't looked at the OP in so long, I didn't realize how many of us there are.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    :D

With Fade proc'd, and swapping in a 30 res Metalgrid amulet, resists will be 75/53/80/53. I can stack thawing (+50 cold res, bumping to 85 max res) and antidote potions (+50 poison res, bumping to 85 max res) to get 75/85/80/85 vs. Mephisto.

Arreat Summit says Cold and Lightning resists will help against Uber Meph, safe to assume that's what his attacks are based as?

lordswing on
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you want to get fade to proc all you do is stand in some fire near the portal.

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, cold and lightning. Although sometimes stuff happens and then Diablo is spawned early, then ten Venom Lords puff infernos at you while you're still tangling with Meph.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif