As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at

• Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Do you think this build would still be viable now without the duel dream stack?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536884

It's super expensive so I imagine it'd still be good, but the duel dream seems to be the basis of the build.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    EnfiladeEnfilade Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What do you need for it?

Enfilade on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just like interesting builds. and their viability.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    starfallstarfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    anyone have peices of the tal rashas set they would trade me?

starfall on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's super expensive so I imagine it'd still be good, but the duel dream seems to be the basis of the build.

You can still stack dual level 15 Holy Shocks for a level 30 Holy Shock; this is apparently intended behavior. What they fixed was people stacking twenty level 30 Holy Shocks on one character via a bug*, enabling them to do essentially as much damage as their patience permitted.

Since the build doesn't entail the use of said bug, it will still work.

*they didn't actually fix it

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone want to do some ubering later?

stfuad on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What I mean is that there are enough MF bots out there that when I find something it's worth is diluted to the point where any time involved just doesn't feel worth it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What I mean is that there are enough MF bots out there that when I find something it's worth is diluted to the point where any time involved just doesn't feel worth it

In all honesty, even if there were no bots most of us would still be viciously outcompeted by the bored people with clearly no day job MFing twelve hours a day.

I can only recommend just taking the market values as given, then budgeting appropriately. There's no real gameplay reason to demand perfect gear. And, happily, Diablo as of 1.13 happens to be constructed that it's virtually impossible not to come across useful stuff regularly, even if it's just gems.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    - ParisInFlames

As I understand it, you tele/take down Lightning Immunes with the HotO/Phoenix (your Phoenix won't break a lot of the Fire Immunes in Hell), and then switch over to CTA/Dream to provide melee Fire/Lightning damage.

It is fairly gimmicky, and note you won't have a lot of stat points to play with, since you need 156 for the Phoenix Monarch and 136 dexterity for the CTA Phase Blade, neither of which help with +stats at all (as opposed to Spirit which does). Your health will depend a lot on your CTA roll since you won't have that many +skills to boost it (2 Mara, 1 Anni, 1 Arachnid, 1 SoJ, 1+CTA BO Roll)

Do note for resists, you'll have to get close to average rolls on all the gear to avoid an inventory full of resist charms.

It'll be tough to solo Uber Mephisto, you don't have that many places to stack resists including a Treachery Fade, and you'll have to keep your merc alive somehow I imagine. I just saw a video of a Singer Barb solo Uber Trist with the Eternity runeword as well, which is something that's new to me. Thing is, Singer Barb can howl/stun, not sure launching Meteors is equivalent to that.

It's certainly an optimistic build, and if it doesn't work...you have a Light Sorc (Infinity), an Auradin, a Javazon Cow Runner (Infinity+Redemption ftw) to play with later.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I suspect building purely for melee (with fire damage via Enchant) would be more effective. Meteor costs too many points, and the build makes too many concessions to spellcasting. There are better melee options besides Call to Arms!

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so i found a 6 os phase blade and made silence in it because i was bored. what can i use this weapon for?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What is Silence?

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so i found a 6 os phase blade and made silence in it because i was bored. what can i use this weapon for?

Huh, that would easily solve resists problems vs. Uber Meph on the Frenzy Barb, now I just need to have a Vex and Ist lying around like you

silencephaseblade.jpg

lordswing on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    stfuad wrote: »
    What is Silence?

what is silence

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh wow, I never realized it had 75% resist all. Lordswing, there's your mephy resist weapon.

It's a very defensive weapon, so whatever you use it with has to have oodles of damage from some other source.

edit: beat'd

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    conversion paladin
    kick sin
    enchantress

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Enigma+Barb+Chaos/WSK?

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i don't want to level a barb D:

i only have paladins, sorceresses, and an assassin
    although i guess i could level another character if there's a build that utilizes silence well

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking of classes such as Barbs who don't get resists from a shield. That's the main thing I see from Silence, the big and juicy +75 all resists, a cheaper CoH if you can gear it right.

lordswing on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are you guys doing ubers? I will do some ubers.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yah I'll do a few. pauber1 perming right now

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    kind of wishing i had put 5 bers and a shael in the phase blade instead

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    19/18 amazon torch and a 10/11 barbarian torch up for grabs in pamule

stfuad on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hit blinds target +33

never seen one that high

Jars on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ronya wrote: »

You can still stack dual level 15 Holy Shocks for a level 30 Holy Shock; this is apparently intended behavior. What they fixed was people stacking twenty level 30 Holy Shocks on one character via a bug*, enabling them to do essentially as much damage as their patience permitted.

Since the build doesn't entail the use of said bug, it will still work.

*they didn't actually fix it

i always wondered about dreamadins, since that is one of the possible things i will turn my paladin into, do the two dreams act as two separate level 15 holy shocks or are they cumulative and create one level 30 holy shock? i keep reading this post which seems to answer it but still not sure if it is reading the way i'm understanding it

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    they are cumulative
    makes it ridiculous when you synergize it on a paladin

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They are cumulative and create one level 30 holy shock. This additional aura will run concurrently with any auras you have already running as a paladin (e.g., Conviction). It will not be affected by +skills items or any hard points in Holy Shock. It will be affected by hard points in the skills that synergize Holy Shock, i.e., Resist Lightning and Salvation

Fully synergized (20 points in Salvation and Resist Lightning each) you will have 1-1001 pulse and 1-7001 to your melee attack.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ronya what should i do with my silence
    any build ideas that would benefit from it

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ronya what should i do with my silence
    any build ideas that would benefit from it

Ubering frenzy barbarian, as noted.

Its one really good feature is the +75 res all; damage-wise it is pretty mediocre. So any melee build that uses it must have another source of damage. Barbarians, for instance.

As a mainhand it's not a terrible weapon; it just suffers from Not Good Enough and crowding out even better weapons. Plus, Hit Causes Monsters to Flee is almost universally annoying with melee builds. Back before 1.10 it was one of the best melee weapons; now not so much.

In PVP it has uses as a way to stack resists.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i'd imagine hit causes monster to flee would be great for a poison dagger necro..

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But then you would need to use a dagger, I imagine.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personally i am up to my ears in 6 os daggers

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    who is *flammiebc

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    question: if you up a unique, are the stats rerolled or do they remain the same?

along the same lines of enquiry:

ISO perfect/near perfect viper's, eth/non-eth trek, tals ammy/2 skill/resist/fcr crafted ammy
    arachnid mesh, soj

will be on in a few hours or so

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Unique armors have their base defence rerolled, yes.

However, the magic properties of the unique item will not be rolled. 100% enhanced defence will remain 100% enhanced defence (say). But the base defence will be altered from maximum + 1 to anywhere between the minimum and maximum.

Take the Herald of Zakarum. Suppose you've got a perfect 200% ed HoZ, great! The Gilded Shield (exceptional Aerin Shield) has a defence of 144-168, so your 200% HoZ will have a defence of (168+1) * (1 + 200%) = 169 * 3 = 507.

You upgrade it. It will retain 200%, this will not be rerolled. However the Zakarum Shield (elite Aerin Shield) has a defence of 169-193; your upped HoZ could have a base defense anywhere between 169 and 193 inclusive. If it happens to get 169, your upped HoZ will gain no defence at all.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @ronya, thanks that is super helpful!

oh yeah also looking to trade a low sorctorch for my low necrotorch

and how in the world does one go about acquiring the annihilus?

Beasteh on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Luck, trading and/or back alley handjobs.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Uber_Diablo

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bear in mind that the requirements will be upped as well.

Annis are super cheap compared to last ladder.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, they're very possible to trade for. Not that they haven't been previously, but it's not so bad now.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    that's fine req-wise, i'm level 78 so wyrmhide should be easily wearable if i have the str to wear my spirit mon 8-)

Beasteh on