Options

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or The Sound of Everyone Crapping their Pants.

• Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought by now people would realize that MvC roster picks are based mostly on fan-favorites and easily recognizable characters, not so much current comic canon. Unless of course, there's legal issues afoot.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Last time I saw Jubilee she had been crucified. I figure shes back now.

Marvel Vs. might not be super popular in Japan sales wise but I usually run into a machine at the Capcom arcades that dot the countryside.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MoSiAc wrote: »

Marvel Vs. might not be super popular in Japan sales wise but I usually run into a machine at the Capcom arcades that dot the countryside.

She's a vampire.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

She's a vampire.

Why... Why did I google this??? I assumed you must have been joking...:cry:

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sorry I was wrong. She was impaled with a building joist.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    According to Wiki, she is "Wondra" now. Technologically superhuman via powerful suit. That would probably put her as a "not likely" to appear in MvC3. :P

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

from 04.15.10...

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Is that a flip of the image or something because I could have sworn that dude had a tattoo on his other pectoral in another cover I saw recently.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    I wanna see Phoenix Wright vs She-Hulk.

Match of the Millennium indeed.

I know I'm very late, but oh hell yes. Especially if She-Hulk has an alternate business suit costume.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

She's a vampire.

Why... Why did I google this??? I assumed you must have been joking...:cry:

I bet she shoots fireworks...OF DARKNESS.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

from 04.15.10...

Ugh, that is hideous.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

from 04.15.10...

Ugh, that is hideous.

The font is also terrible. Srsly this looks like fanart.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

from 04.15.10...

Ugh, that is hideous.

Ah yes. That's from the event that has Spider-Man and Electra joining the X-Men for no apparent reason.

1271261492.jpg&w=300

1270829188.jpg&w=200

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What the hell would Phoenix Wright do in a fighting game? Ryu Hadoukens and a second before impact, OBJECTION! reflect move back into Ryu's face!

also Jubilee? with only 30 characters to begin with before we have to pay for download packs I'd be pissed to see her wasting a roster spot, even if she does have a new name and looks like a damn sexy vampire now.

I am also afraid about which Fantastic Four members are in. Love em in general, but in a fighter:

Thing will just be a near clone in gameplay to Hulk, Juggernaut, or Blob if they include him. I do love some clobbering time though.

Mr. Fantastic will just be Dhalsim which I hate using anyway.

Sue could be ok, but maybe a bit Magneto-like in use.

Johnny, yeah Johnny will be fine. speed, projectiles, etc... fit into a fighter nicely.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What the hell would Phoenix Wright do in a fighting game? Ryu Hadoukens and a second before impact, OBJECTION! reflect move back into Ryu's face!

Hey, if Nintendo can come up with a moveset for Fox McCloud when he had never set foot outside an Arwing (when the original Smash came out), Capcom can come up with a moveset for Phoenix.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Hey, if Nintendo can come up with a moveset for Fox McCloud when he had never set foot outside an Arwing (when the original Smash came out), Capcom can come up with a moveset for Phoenix.

Maybe Phoenix Wright could throw the book at em... :winky:

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I like it!

Hey Natal has voice recognition right? I still want a voice activated OBJECTION move. My wife still yells about me screaming at my DS years after playing that game. Honey, the objection doesn't work properly unless you feel it deep in your heart and soul, that is why I stand up and scream it every time I do it.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

In some TvC interviews they talked about the possibility of giving Phoenix his desk, and putting the desk on wheels, and him driving around in it.

Best idea ever.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This sounds like the most retarded shit ever haha.

I'm also super-disappointed that it's not CvS3. CvS2 is my favorite fighter. I couldn't care less about your mega-manz, your iron-manz, your spider-manz, and other superhero crap.

TheBog on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cool story bro

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The thing with CvS in general is it lacks the mass appeal chances MvC has in spades. Let's pretend you are 12 and the ps3/x360 and a ds are the only systems you have ever owned. What is gonna make you want a game more Wolverine Ironman and Hulk or Geese, Terry, and Raiden?

Fans of either series buy the game either way, new blood is a different story.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The thing with CvS in general is it lacks the mass appeal chances MvC has in spades. Let's pretend you are 12 and the ps3/x360 and a ds are the only systems you have ever owned. What is gonna make you want a game more Wolverine Ironman and Hulk or Geese, Terry, and Raiden?
    Kyosuke, of course.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I bought CvS2 for yamazaki and pretty much the rest of the SNK group.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I bought CvS2 for yamazaki and pretty much the rest of the SNK group.

You also like most of us posting here have most likely been playing fighters since at least 1997. For me if Karate Champ counts I have been playing fighters in Arcades and on consoles since then. We aren't a concern for the marketability of fighting games.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, I guess. But they still have to pander to the hardcore fighting game fanbase, which is their most stable audience.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Interesting article on Kotaku. Guy from Marvel explained their character selection process for the vs. series.

http://kotaku.com/5520764/how-to-select-fighting-game-characters-the-marvel-way
    "There are absolutely characters that will be much more relavent in the next few years and you want to get them in there," Baker said. "There are characters that have become a lot more popular since the last Marvel Vs. Capcom game, that weren't in there that we wanted to get in there. There are characters that have been invented in the last ten years that we may want to get in there."

I read that as saying current flavor of the month characters and characters with upcoming movies are pretty much shoe-ins

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, before I got into fighting games, I didn't even know what SNK was, so I mostly just played Marvel vs. Capcom. I happened to buy CvS 2 because "Woah they have a Korean guy in it and he does Tae Kwon Do and has the same last name as my Korean name that's so cool."

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Yeah, before I got into fighting games, I didn't even know what SNK was, so I mostly just played Marvel vs. Capcom. I happened to buy CvS 2 because "Woah they have a Korean guy in it and he does Tae Kwon Do and has the same last name as my Korean name that's so cool."

Same here. I think SNK characters have 0 mass market appeal. Well maybe not 0 but it's certainly insignificant compared to any Street Fighter character.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Having been playing in arcades before I had a home console I was already accustomed with SNK characters.

That being said I didn't really get into CvS or any of the versus games until really late because that was when arcades had pretty much died in the US and I'd gotten more into 3D fighters by that time.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SNK were pretty damn big. They still have a big loyal fanbase.

I think they're still more popular than Street fighter in places like mexico, south america and korea. Not too sure about that though I know that the KoF scene in Mexico is apparently huge.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Right and if the demand for CvS gets enough fervor they will look into it further I'm sure. Regretfully I don't like the chances of that happening currently.

Enough of that other vs series tho. So which new sf4 series character is gonna make a showing in MvC3? I think play style wise Juri and C.Viper seem like the odds on favorites. From a story angle I feel ElF and Seth fit well, ElF being confused as a masked hero sounds like an amusing angle.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »

Same here. I think SNK characters have 0 mass market appeal. Well maybe not 0 but it's certainly insignificant compared to any Street Fighter character.

Which is a shame since they tend to have much more interesting designs.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

from 04.15.10...

Ugh, that is hideous.

Does Marvel not have a guy in charge of looking at shit like this and saying "No, I won't approve it. This is fucking stupid. "?

If you can't think of anything decent to do with the character, then just stick to the three million other characters available.

It's not hard to think up Jubilee getting better powers beyond "fireworks", but if you're going to start making up secondary shit that makes no sense, then....

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

You know, they just have to include this for the mass market appeal.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/img/chara/mai.swf

Slightly NSFW.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    You know, they just have to include this for the mass market appeal.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/img/chara/mai.swf

Slightly NSFW.
    There's something wrong with me. I don't look at the humongous fun bags bouncing around on that sprite immediately. I immediately hone in on her oversized forehead.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Personally I hate everything about Mai as a character.

As for Capcom character design vs Snk character design I think it's very much like a Marvel vs DC arguement. Personally I like Capcom character designs and Marvel designs better. Plenty of people think the opposite and that's fine it's all taste. I actually like the Arcsys designs the most lately but all of em have stand outs.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Which is a shame since they tend to have much more interesting designs.

Exactly. Street Fighter characters tend to be bland. Hey.. It's another guy who throws fireballs, does a jumping uppercut, and his super is a stronger fireball. Oh, and he's wearing a different colored robe. *cough* Ryu, Ken, Dan, Ryo, Akuma, Sagat, etc. They may have variants that play differently, but from an artistic and creative standpoint, it's bland and boring. And their mechanics aren't interesting.

To be fair, they've been moving away from the boring characters with SF3 and SF4. Like Ibuki, and Oro.

Then you look at something like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear where the characters are extremely original, fresh, and play completely differently from each other.

Bah.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Personally I hate everything about Mai as a character.

Same. :lol:

You gotta admit that she's what the casuals seem to want the most though. And the people who actually play her too, I guess.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ryo is an SNK character.... -_-

I wonder if any of the SF4 characters are going to make the cut on the Capcom side. I want me some Amingo/Fuerte team action!

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    TheBog wrote: »
    Then you look at something like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear where the characters are extremely original, fresh, and play completely differently from each other.

Bah.

Well, not too sure about blazblue. About half the cast are bland generic animu crap. The other half is pure awesome though.

IMO.

Antihippy on