Options

[Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] PC version ETA Nov 30

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Even though I personally am not going to buy it, gamefaqs isn't exactly the best place to get good opinions from

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    it has more bad stuff than good but all the bad stuff is patchable/moddable.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    So on Gamefaqs I'm seeing a lot of negative things regarding the Enhanced Edition... starting to wonder if buying it is worth it...

Well,

- new content isn't that impressive.
    - improved content has faults in itself (MP buggy, UI blurry/some things not working correctly,...)

It needs to get patched up, but considering the original Version is on GOG for sub $10 on it's not really interesting on PC at all.

Wait for Ipad/Android version if you want to get it. The portable aspect seems better.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »
    So on Gamefaqs I'm seeing a lot of negative things regarding the Enhanced Edition... starting to wonder if buying it is worth it...

Well,

- new content isn't that impressive.
    - improved content has faults in itself (MP buggy, UI blurry/some things not working correctly,...)

It needs to get patched up, but considering the original Version is on GOG for sub $10 on it's not really interesting on PC at all.

Wait for Ipad/Android version if you want to get it. The portable aspect seems better.

I'll stick with the original version then... damn, and here I was getting my hopes up. Oh well, Back to KOTORII.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ah I want an update on the iPad version dangit. Oh well.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »

They have been absolutely awful at providing information. I seem to recall that the last update we got on the ipad version was that it should be up by the end of the summer/early autumn. No word since.

The PC version even had a release date, that they ten pushed forward like four months about a week before it was supposed to hit.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Looks like Trent twitted this morning that they submitted a build Friday, and have been bug checking it all weekend.

However, he didn't bother to specify if they found bugs after the submission or not.

EDIT: Forgot to link twit

Bigity on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »

They have been absolutely awful at providing information. I seem to recall that the last update we got on the ipad version was that it should be up by the end of the summer/early autumn. No word since.

The PC version even had a release date, that they ten pushed forward like four months about a week before it was supposed to hit.

Shortly before the BGEE November release date, the iPad version failed its certification due to some game-stopping bugs. Short time later, I think a day or two before the launch, it failed again, and it's unlikely it'll be ready before January.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ah, thanks a lot!

I feel like a bit of an ass now. Then again, it is not my fault they only broadcast this kind of stuff over your blasted newfangled "twitters" rather than in the newspaper like they should.

Vic on
  • Options
    Bah!

• Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Trent Oster's twitter has been providing updated information.

They submitted their iPad build on Friday and the team spent the weekend testing like crazy. This morning they asked Apple for expedited review, so as soon as that's done, assuming the testing was indicative of the overall quality and there isn't another signifigant crash bug in the build, it'll be on the app store as soon as Apple certifies it. Could be any time now.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    And it got rejected again today, ouch.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Shameful.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I generally try to take a positive attitude to this, but fer reals guys, if you can't manage to get BG1 certified, how're you ever going to release BG2 on any kind of schedule?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The PC version is kinda buggy still.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    What are they actually going to do for the BG2 edition? Most of the stuff they did for BG1 was stuff they ripped from BG2.

• Options
    NPCs, bugfixes, new areas?

• Options

Saeriltih!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I keel j00!

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Saeriltih!

:|

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    How is the online multiplayer? Buggy as heck or is it salvagable? I really want to play the storymode with my brother.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Saeriltih!

Worst NPC character ever created.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Who's Saeriltih?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Who's Saeriltih?

A twelve-year old paladin who will always love you.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Is that, uh, platonic love, or...?

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Is that, uh, platonic love, or...?

I wouldn't be surprised if the mod creators unironically used waifu

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    So this isn't a new version of the Infinity Engine like originally promised? They've just taken the original engine and tried to "fix" it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Are we talking about Saerileth again? Let me tell you about Saerileth.

I did a game with her, Anomen, Haer'Dalis, Aerie and Edwin. I tried to put together the most insufferable party in the game. Minus Anomen and Edwin(a).

She instantly fell in love with my pc, would never shut the fuck up about every. single. thing. in the game, and had awful stats for a paladin.

I finally had enough of her bullshit and left her to die against the Illithids in the Underdark.

My next playthrough will be with the Imoen Romance Mod!

• Options
    Don't-eth forget-eth she spoketh liketh this-eth.

• Options
    How dare you speak against Edwina

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Edwin is an awesome character and Haer'Dalis doesn't annoy me in an Aerie-less party.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I keep Edwin around because he is

a: the only mage
    b: goddamn is his personal quest hilarious

It's pretty easy to keep your rep low enough to keep him and Viconia around if you're a Good pc.

• Options
    If only you could keep Viconia and Keldorn from fighting if you had high enough cha or something

• Options
    Wait really? I never really used both of them at once.

Will most def have to try that.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I used to like hitting Ctrl+I so I could see all the conversations (well, most of them) as soon as possible. I learned not to do that with certain NPC combinations...

• Options
    Yeah Keldorn loses his shit on her and will eventually attack her

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Too bad if you don't have Use any item Keldorn is super useful for Carsomyr alone.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Keldorn is just an awesome badass and worth having in any party for that reason alone.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You could always just play a Paladin yourself!

Inquisitor is super rad

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    You could always just play a Paladin yourself!

Inquisitor is super rad

Inquisitor IS super rad.