As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Hey Will, are you going to be getting Red Dead Redemption?

Because I have just ordered it

yeah i am going to give rockstar another chance.

is it online-playable do you know jacobkosh?

they had a big playable thing up at PaxEast, but I didn't want to stand in the line

the line smelled bad and some dude kept yelling

Yes it has this rather involved semi-persistent online thing going on with it. Looks interesting.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    No, Organichu, this anime has normal people who for the most part possess hair colors that exist in the real world and the main characters are a nationality that is actually based on England/America.

Sometimes their eyes sparkle.

are they in high school, sarks?

do they wear uniforms?

No, they are in the military, Will.

People in the military wear uniforms.

robot military?

dragon military?

ROBODRAGON HIGH! Coming soon to adult swim on saturday nights!

robodragon academy tenshin zwei!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Al is kind of like a robot. Kind of.

Winky on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Microsoft apparently has this silly idea that if they fail to charge you (due to expired credit card) for a service you can't/haven't used anyway that you owe them the money anyway because your renewal date is technically in the past and you technically didn't cancel via proper channels.

In other words:

2/27 renewal date. Failed to renew because of bad credit card. Never used the service after this date because of this.
    Now 4/27 and am told I owe the money.

Am I crazy for thinking that this is crazy?

so, the renew didn't work 'cos of a bad credit card, therefore you did not have access to the services. Now they wish to charge you for the services you didn't have access to. Have I got this right? If so, balls to that.

Yep. I think they give you a little grace period which muddles the issue. Like they don't renew you but they also don't cancel or suspend your service immediately.

But as far as I'm concerned, that's just a trap. A small grace period does not obligate me to renew the service as far as I'm concerned.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    No, Organichu, this anime has normal people who for the most part possess hair colors that exist in the real world and the main characters are a nationality that is actually based on England/America.

do they wear uniforms?

robot military?

dragon military?

No, Will, a military with soldiers and tanks and wizards called alchemists who snap their fingers and set you on fire.

it's he-man isn't it?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

they had a big playable thing up at PaxEast, but I didn't want to stand in the line

Yes it has this rather involved semi-persistent online thing going on with it. Looks interesting.

My buddy keeps talking it up. It's tempting me to buy a TV and 360 when I move into my new condo in June.

Damn tempting.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Anyway I called them and they removed the suspension and downgraded it to to Silver.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

do they wear uniforms?

robot military?

dragon military?

No, Will, a military with soldiers and tanks and wizards called alchemists who snap their fingers and set you on fire.

it's he-man isn't it?

He-Man is American, Will, I do not watch filthy American programming, I watch sparkling Japanese programming that is kawaii.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Microsoft apparently has this silly idea that if they fail to charge you (due to expired credit card) for a service you can't/haven't used anyway that you owe them the money anyway because your renewal date is technically in the past and you technically didn't cancel via proper channels.

In other words:

2/27 renewal date. Failed to renew because of bad credit card. Never used the service after this date because of this.

so, the renew didn't work 'cos of a bad credit card, therefore you did not have access to the services. Now they wish to charge you for the services you didn't have access to. Have I got this right? If so, balls to that.

Yep. I think they give you a little grace period which muddles the issue. Like they don't renew you but they also don't cancel or suspend your service immediately.

But as far as I'm concerned, that's just a trap. A small grace period does not obligate me to renew the service as far as I'm concerned.

if you can get a human on the line they will probably take off teh charge.

getting a human on the line can be pretty tough though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

do they wear uniforms?

robot military?

dragon military?

ROBODRAGON HIGH! Coming soon to adult swim on saturday nights!

robodragon academy tenshin zwei!

>,<

jejejejejejeejejejejejeeje

yub yub

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    finally got in my tax return for last year. $5k

but also the state of virginia wants $800 from me for no reason that i can tell. it's probably easier to just pay them off rather than try to convince them that i haven't lived in their stupid state for over 5 years.

FIVE K!? What kind of withholdings are you running? Christ, I'd be pisssssssed.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010

In other words:

if you can get a human on the line they will probably take off teh charge.

getting a human on the line can be pretty tough though

Got one. Got it solved. :)

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    One time I had to talk to somebody and I couldn't get a person so somebody told me to say AGENT and I said AGENT and it connected me to a PERSON like MAGIC. It was the most startling thing ever!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He-Man is American, Will, I do not watch filthy American programming, I watch sparkling Japanese programming that is kawaii.

orco.jpg

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    whatabox.png

I really hope I'm never given this moral quandary.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I am very much looking forward to this. Preacher and Sheep have talked about forming a posse. I'm hoping we get to drive some bandits away from the small town they are terrorizing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

but also the state of virginia wants $800 from me for no reason that i can tell. it's probably easier to just pay them off rather than try to convince them that i haven't lived in their stupid state for over 5 years.

i dunno. i guess i do not pay a lot of attention to setting up my withholdings properly

it's nice getting a bunch of money back though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

yeah, that's why I asked, because it is indeed online. You can free roam the environment and team up with people to go hunt outlaws or rob stagecoaches or whatever, or you can go to specific spots (forts, town squares, etc) to initiate deathmatch or CTF type games.

Oh, and every deathmatch begins with a Mexican standoff, either two teams facing each other across a railroad track or everyone standing in a circle pointing guns at each other.

basically I want this to be the PA crew

rdr_multiupdate_0424.jpg

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One time I had to talk to somebody and I couldn't get a person so somebody told me to say AGENT and I said AGENT and it connected me to a PERSON like MAGIC. It was the most startling thing ever!

"Operator" and "I WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON" also have high success rates.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pretty much every time I encounter a phone tree, I can defeat it with the magic word agent. Should that fail, operator works pretty well too.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    whatabox.png

Well, I haven't seen the movie, but apparently, while the trailer makes you think it's pretty much what that comic is about, from what I was told it largely has nothing to do with the film.

Sheep on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

i dunno. i guess i do not pay a lot of attention to setting up my withholdings properly

Well, yeah, considering it's your money to start with and you just gave the government an interest-free $5k loan all year.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If it's a tone-dial system, try 0, 9, 8, and 6 in that order unless those numbers relate specifically to something on the phone menu you are currently on.

If it's a voice system, try keywords like "OPERATOR," "AGENT," "CUSTOMER SERVICE," and "IF SOMEONE HUMAN DOESN'T ANSWER I'LL FUCKING COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL OF YOU."

One of those four usually gets someone on the line. With the fourth one though it's usually an FBI agent or other law enforcement officer.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I will probably get the red dead game.

I recall enjoying Red Dead Revolver a fair deal.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pretty much every time I encounter a phone tree, I can defeat it with the magic word agent. Should that fail, operator works pretty well too.

It's fucking amazing.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    when does RDR come out anyways?

i'm still having fun with BC2, but have maxed out two and almost three classes and have unlocked all the rank-unlocks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Well, yeah, considering it's your money to start with and you just gave the government an interest-free $5k loan all year.

and with interest rates at an all time high, thats big money!!!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ride, ride like the wind!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can love you much better
    if you can't see it you're blind

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but if you'd put that 5K into Citi last year you'd have like...

3.5K.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

my credit union gives me i think .01% interest, so it's like a pack of gum if that.

i need to find a better place to put the money i am not using.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's fucking amazing.

Did it floor you?

19991217h.jpg

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man, I would totally hit that button. People I don't know are dying constantly for much less than a million dollars.

Winky on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I am very much looking forward to this. Preacher and Sheep have talked about forming a posse. I'm hoping we get to drive some bandits away from the small town they are terrorizing.

Excellent, this is what I was hoping to hear, Thom.

The D&D posse is going to be so badass.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

http://gethuman.com/

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    whatabox.png

Well, I haven't seen the movie, but apparently, while the trailer makes you think it's pretty much what that comic is about, from what I was told it largely has nothing to do with the film.
    Oh man this is even better

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/44b3d8f432/the-button

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Charles Schwab investor checking is pretty swank. I think you get around .5 - 1%. Interest is variable though.

But it's pretty hot shit, as checking accounts go.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

my credit union gives me i think .01% interest, so it's like a pack of gum if that.

i need to find a better place to put the money i am not using.
    Even ING will give you 1.25% or something. $5000 in a 12 month CD will give you 2-3% I think.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What was the name of that movie, by the way?

Winky on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Man, I would totally hit that button. People I don't know are dying constantly for much less than a million dollars.

If you press it, they give the box to someone who doesn't know you.

Aroused Bull on
This discussion has been closed.