Phil [chat]man

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess you weren't in [chat]
    long story short

sometimes you get asked for ID when you open carry in philly- it is just a reality of the beast. elsewhere in the state, going unlicensed is fine (for open carrying), but in the big city you need a license. cool beans, that's fine. i am not trying to make an ACLU case out of being asked to furnish ID.

however i had a weapon pointed at me and i was set to prone. i was told unnecessarily that if i made a quick move (so far i had been absolutely compliant) i'd be shot twice in the head. i was disarmed and then finally my license was checked. i asked politely for the officer's name and badge #. i was refused and was told it'd be on the report. i asked for a copy of the report, i was refused.

this is exactly why i am into activism. this is such horseshit. every bystander within speaking distance was saying "that's fucked up, man, he wasn't hurtin' no one" "so what if he had a gun? man that shit is fucked up" "why you pointing a gun at that kid?" etc

i didn't lose any hearts or minds

but i will get to educate some people, and i will get the policy in philly publicized and maybe even shifted, however incrementally

i broke no law and i was subject to a felony stop; it was unjust and disproportionate
    That's hilarious.

you're a classy guy, thanatosian

Organichu on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dawww my boss' beagle is so cuuuute!

I'mma howl at yoooo! Oh wait you're petting me you're OK!

But you stopped! Howwwwwl!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    What's a Tony.

In this case, a rat.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like being called Tony.

No, he's a cutie.
    00186w1q

Rats are the best. I miss mine. I hope I never need to do research w/ them. They are much too social and sweet.

Mice are little bastards.

Yeah, I used to have two (they were from the same litter), but Alton died. Tony barely ate anything for about a week afterward and just hasn't been the same since. They're very affectionate and tend to form close bonds.

Baby pictures!

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if this were any amendment but the second, there wouldn't be contrary opinions- there wouldn't even be 'but really, what did you expect'
    No, if it were the tenth you'd get a similar reaction.

Mostly because those are the two least-important amendments.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    long story short

sometimes you get asked for ID when you open carry in philly- it is just a reality of the beast. elsewhere in the state, going unlicensed is fine (for open carrying), but in the big city you need a license. cool beans, that's fine. i am not trying to make an ACLU case out of being asked to furnish ID.

however i had a weapon pointed at me and i was set to prone. i was told unnecessarily that if i made a quick move (so far i had been absolutely compliant) i'd be shot twice in the head. i was disarmed and then finally my license was checked. i asked politely for the officer's name and badge #. i was refused and was told it'd be on the report. i asked for a copy of the report, i was refused.

this is exactly why i am into activism. this is such horseshit. every bystander within speaking distance was saying "that's fucked up, man, he wasn't hurtin' no one" "so what if he had a gun? man that shit is fucked up" "why you pointing a gun at that kid?" etc

but i will get to educate some people, and i will get the policy in philly publicized and maybe even shifted, however incrementally

i broke no law and i was subject to a felony stop; it was unjust and disproportionate
    That's hilarious.
    If you want to open carry without getting hassled, move to Jesustan.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Res wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Reading the post again, not getting to orgasm? You should be calling the ACLU about that as well. Whenever I got pulled over the cop makes damn sure I get to orgasm. ITS THE LAW.

YOUR TAXES PAY HIS PAYCHECK

hey they pay my paycheck too

what about me

Mine too! (eventually)

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if this were any amendment but the second, there wouldn't be contrary opinions- there wouldn't even be 'but really, what did you expect'

the ones you dislike, you mean

convenient

Organichu on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    that cop sounds liek a douche, chu

but in fairness i can't think of any real city that you can carry without getting hassled

maybe some of the western suburb-on-steriods cities you'd be okay

i don't mind getting hassled

i mind being told to lay down on the ground in the middle of a busy avenue at 1pm in broad daylight when i'm dressed business casual and looking at a game i just rented

What game did you rent?

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    long story short

That's hilarious.
    If you want to open carry without getting hassled, move to Jesustan.

no, thanks

Organichu on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tos is comming out in favor of the cops? This is a red letter day.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was irritable today.

I don't know if I was imagining it or if everyone I spoke to was deliberately giving me attitude.

At one point I was tempted to tell a solicitor "Liability is firmly disputed because fuck you and your client."

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

but in fairness i can't think of any real city that you can carry without getting hassled

i mind being told to lay down on the ground in the middle of a busy avenue at 1pm in broad daylight when i'm dressed business casual and looking at a game i just rented

What game did you rent?

bayonetta awwwww jyeah rude titties 8-)

Organichu on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What's a Tony.

In this case, a rat.

No, he's a cutie.
    00186w1q

Rats are the best. I miss mine. I hope I never need to do research w/ them. They are much too social and sweet.

Yeah, I used to have two (they were from the same litter), but Alton died. Tony barely ate anything for about a week afterward and just hasn't been the same since. They're very affectionate and tend to form close bonds.

Baby pictures!

Yeah, was the same with mine. Lost one, and the other followed about a week later. It could have been something that was catching, but I think it was just the stress of losing his best buddy.

Galahad on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

The only thing he hates more than cops is [strike]Jews[/strike] gun owners.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think it's high time for new amendment.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What game did you rent?

Hope its worth it brah! :^:

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

convenient
    No, they're the least important.

There are important freedoms, and unimportant freedoms. According to the California constitution, residents in California have the protected right to recreationally fish; if that right got violated somehow, I wouldn't really give a shit. I mean, I like fishing and all, I don't really have a problem with it; it's just that I don't really see the right to fish as vital to having a free and functioning democracy.

Much like the right to walk around in a first-world city with a loaded gun out, or the right for states to treat unempowered groups like shit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What's a Tony.

In this case, a rat.

No, he's a cutie.
    00186w1q

Baby pictures!

Yeah, was the same with mine. Lost one, and the other followed about a week later. It could have been something that was catching, but I think it was just the stress of losing his best buddy.

Pictures are adorable. Both of mine were hooded like Tony.

Galahad on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I almost got into a conversation at work about the Arizona immigration bill.

The uberconservative white dude behind me was like "WE NEED THIS LAW EVERYWHERE! IMMIGRATION IS OUT OF CONTROL!"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

The uberconservative white dude behind me was like "WE NEED THIS LAW EVERYWHERE! IMMIGRATION IS OUT OF CONTROL!"

It's time we make being illegal illegal!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

convenient

There are important freedoms, and unimportant freedoms. According to the California constitution, residents in California have the protected right to recreationally fish; if that right got violated somehow, I wouldn't really give a shit. I mean, I like fishing and all, I don't really have a problem with it; it's just that I don't really see the right to fish as vital to having a free and functioning democracy.

Much like the right to bear arms, or the right for states to treat unempowered groups like shit.

The police should probably go faceplant those guys fishing and confiscate their fish.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

convenient

Much like the right to bear arms, or the right for states to treat unempowered groups like shit.

such horse shit

that's fine, than

you let cops stomp wherever they want, as long as where they're stomping- in violation of law, and in betrayal of the massive confidence and responsibility with which they are entrusted- isn't something that personally bothers you

real fucking great liberal, you are

no wonder this country hates you guys as much as the racists and homophobes

Organichu on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

What game did you rent?

We have our priorities straight, no lie.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

ugh

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I have a similar reaction to the open carry law; I don't really care if people are denied the right to open carry.

But when somebody is told to get on the ground or else he'll be shot, when a cop acts like a dick when he's asked for a report, and when somebody's property is confiscated... all when no law was broken at all... that's all beyond the pale regardless of what I think of PA's open carry law.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Or a combination, yeah. Alton had liquid around his heart (I forget the exact term) so it wasn't mycoplasma. Had to feed Tony with an eye dropper for a little while, though. I changed out the entire cage and cleaned it to remove all the smells, so that seemed to help his mood.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    quick copyright question:

Okay, so lets say that I intend to make money of of something down the road, but right now I don't, so there's no reason to start an LLC yet.

Lets say I've got a site called amateurhournews.com ( I don't)

So I've got that name registered, and I've checked around and there's no amateurhour LLC or anything like that in my state.

So at the bottom of my site I put in all of my copyright info and stuff. And in a couple years the site is making money, over $700 so I need to file taxes, and I decide to start amateurhour LLC.

How protected am I in the mean time.

I mean, Kurtz and the PA crew didn't start out with toonhound inc or PA inc right? They just started with "Copyright (Name) (C) 1998" , and when they started making money the formed the company?

I can give more specifics if needed. Just need to lay the groundwork right now.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I have a similar reaction to the open carry law; I don't really care if people are denied the right to open carry.

But when somebody is told to get on the ground or else he'll be shot, when a cop acts like a dick when he's asked for a report, and when somebody's property is confiscated... all when no law was broken at all... that's all beyond the pale regardless of what I think of PA's open carry law.

As usual Feral is aces with the posting

Chu- I don't like guns and gun laws (you know this) and I think that was fucked up.

There is getting hassled and then there is being harassed

Arch on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's almost time for the final debate.

Would it be too much to ask for David Cameron to fuck up badly?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    ]Yeah I am not making excuses for the cop. What he did by the sounds of it was illegal and dickheaded and completely fuilfils the stereotype of cops being giant powerhungry bullying cockbites.

And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth, but I'm just pointing out that you know that it invites trouble.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sometimes I'm walking down the street, exercising my 8th amendment rights, and a group of cops perform a felony stop, rip off my pants, and pour hot wax on my crotch.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Exactly. And I'm confused as hell as to Thanatos' reaction.

He's siding with cops that pointed a gun at someone, was told to lie prone, and was threatened with being shot twice in the head despite this someone not breaking any laws.

This seems like a completely bizarre thing for Thanatos to support regardless of how he feels about gun ownership/open carry.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.
    What the cops did was totally wrong, totally bullshit, fucked up, and exactly what you should expect walking around Philadelphia showing off your fucking gun.

On the scale of fucked-up shit cops do, though, it doesn't even rate a mention. If that was the most fucked-up thing those cops did that day, those are a couple of great cops.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'd vote for the 3rd or 27th Amendments as being less important than the 2nd, but then again I'm feeling pedantic today.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pictures are adorable. Both of mine were hooded like Tony.

I love hooded ratties, though blue dumbos are also freakin' adorable.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ]Yeah I am not making excuses for the cop. What he did by the sounds of it was illegal and dickheaded and completely fuilfils the stereotype of cops being giant powerhungry bullying cockbites.

And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth, but I'm just pointing out that you know that it invites trouble.

Like I said, there is being hassled

and then there is being harassed

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010

What game did you rent?

Man now i know why the cop was really hassling you

he was trying to save you from making a terrible mistake

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    At least they didn't taze you.
    'Bro.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ]And I understand that you feel like carrying a gun around is your right and that you shouldn't get hassled for it and it's unfair and so forth

it's not just how i feel, man

it's the law

but yes, i know i have a greater chance of this happening while open carrying... but i just don't find it productive or valuable to be told that i invited it. i do it partially because i am prepared to step up- and invest the time and energy into pursuing this stuff- if it ever happens, sure. but i don't 'invite' it and saying 'you can kind of expect' it feels perilously close to 'you had it coming'. i'm not a girl wearing a short skirt, here. i was wronged.

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.