As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phil [chat]man

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nevermind! Here we go!

5 Tablespoons Black Peppercorn
    5 Tablespoons Cumin
    2 Tablespoons Cardamom Pods
    2 Tablespoons Coriander Seeds
    2 Teaspoons Turmeric
    1 Tablespoon Cloves (Optional)

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Tos is comming out in favor of the cops? This is a red letter day.
    The only thing he hates more than cops is [strike]Jews[/strike] gun owners.
    And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.
    What the cops did was totally wrong, totally bullshit, fucked up, and exactly what you should expect walking around Philadelphia showing off your fucking gun.

On the scale of fucked-up shit cops do, though, it doesn't even rate a mention. If that was the most fucked-up thing those cops did that day, those are a couple of great cops.
    Maybe that girl shouldn't have been in that neighborhood and wearing that skirt. I mean, the rape was really what she should have expected.
    Was the skirt loaded?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    And really, I'm just kinda happy that the cops took some time off from putting the darkies in their place to harass a white guy for awhile.

chu's jewish

not really all that white anyways

He looks pretty darn white.

Maybe it was the lazy eye that triggered it.

they thought my eye made a threatening, sudden move

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    I think that it's legal for me to flip off every cop I see and tell them to go fuck themselves

totally legal

but shit i would not do that unless i had a documentary camera crew with me at all times and at least several lawyers on retainer

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey loserfaces

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think that it's legal for me to flip off every cop I see and tell them to go fuck themselves

totally legal

but shit i would not do that unless i had a documentary camera crew with me at all times and at least several lawyers on retainer

yeah but you would be asking for it in that situation
    rape analogy used to defend aggressors made. i dont know myself anymore

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The secret to talking to police is to pepper your speech with "officer" as much as possible. They love that stuff.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    And really, I'm just kinda happy that the cops took some time off from putting the darkies in their place to harass a white guy for awhile.

chu's jewish

he appears to be dangerously unhinged!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu was basically a plate of uncovered meat.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tos is comming out in favor of the cops? This is a red letter day.
    The only thing he hates more than cops is [strike]Jews[/strike] gun owners.
    And in a case where the cops were clearly breaking the law.
    What the cops did was totally wrong, totally bullshit, fucked up, and exactly what you should expect walking around Philadelphia showing off your fucking gun.

On the scale of fucked-up shit cops do, though, it doesn't even rate a mention. If that was the most fucked-up thing those cops did that day, those are a couple of great cops.
    Maybe that girl shouldn't have been in that neighborhood and wearing that skirt. I mean, the rape was really what she should have expected.
    Was the skirt loaded?

It was dangerously short. And she was loaded.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »

totally legal

yeah but you would be asking for it in that situation
    rape analogy used to defend aggressors made. i dont know myself anymore

ah the old Arch gambit!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

totally legal

i guess what i'm saying here, man, is that you're all my friends and something awful happened to me so when i post about doing something that i believe in that doesn't hurt any of you and that is legal, i maybe am not enthused about hearing "well weren't you setting yourself up for this?"

yes i was, on a certain level

but since it doesn't 'excuse' what happened to me, it just seems pointless to mention

Organichu on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

totally legal

Lapel camera.

There's a guy in Hong Kong selling unbranded Veho Muvis (they're about the size of a packet of chewing gum and good for about four hours constant filming) on eBay for £12 shipped.

japan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I bought an ounce of this spice blend that goes in coffee up in Napa a few months ago. It's called hawaj - I think it's... Yemeni? Not sure.

Anyway, it's delicious. Gives coffee a whole new twist. Can't seem to fine what's in it online though :?

And yeah, Turkish coffee is <3. My old Israeli housemate in college used to make it all the time.

Common spice mixes for most Arabian (that is, from the Arabian peninsula) coffee types include cardamom (pods or seeds, not ground), rose water, saffron, and cloves (whole dried buds, not ground).

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i think that maybe when i saw the cop walk up and i put a hand on either side of my belt (my left hand grasping my holster), and slowly pulled up my pants while spitting off to the side and gravely saying "what we have here is, uhhhhh, a failure to communicate" may have been a poor choice on my part

Organichu on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

totally legal

i guess what i'm saying here, man, is that you're all my friends and something awful happened to me so when i post about doing something that i believe in that doesn't hurt any of you and that is legal, i maybe am not enthused about hearing "well weren't you setting yourself up for this?"

but since it doesn't 'excuse' what happened to me, it just seems pointless to mention

As your friend I feel it is necessary to discard tact and present you with the cold truth 100% of the time even at the expense of your emotional health. This is what my Sociopath's Guide to Friendship tells me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »

totally legal

Lapel camera.

There's a guy in Hong Kong selling unbranded Veho Muvis (they're about the size of a packet of chewing gum and good for about four hours constant filming) on eBay for £12 shipped.

What does it record to? I thought spy cameras and their ilk usually required you to connect them to a VCR or something.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so on a different note, i am gearing my brain up early for the grad school application process this fall

i personally think one of my greatest skills is the fact that I don't "push" my data...what I mean is I see LOTS of people daily asking myself and other technicians "are you sureeee that's what it says? can't you just...you know...get rid of that right there? that part is...not important..."

i look at data and go "yehp thats what it says" regardless of my personal investiture in this experiment thanks to it being pounded into my head by undergraduate advisors

how do I present this without sounding like it was a problem?

"I don't cook data!"

sounds to me like someone saying "Don't worry! I dont murder people!"

good, but makes you wonder whether or not it was a problem in the past

Arch on
  • Options
    NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

totally legal

It doesn't really matter and you may have answered this before, but why were you open carrying?

Just because you felt like it?

It doesn't affect the situation at all, I'm just wondering why you were carrying a gun around other than "because I can".

Nostregar on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

chu's jewish

he appears to be dangerously unhinged!

May just seem like that to us because we know him, to be fair.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chu should've used the Python defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    have you guys heard of Sous Vide cooking?

I guess it's vaccum-packing meat in plastic and then "cooking" it for like a few days in lukewarm water (around 140 degrees I think).

I guess the french invented it and say it's delicious but it seems like it's just like slightly controlled putrefaction.

ugh it sounds nasty.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I came here for the thread title

I wonder how many people have discovered or re-discovered NewsRadio via Netflix

Such a great show, I watch it pretty much every night

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are you ok Chu?

I hope you are okay.

You were nice to me that Saturday.

Bayonetta is a fun game to play, but skip the cutscenes.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

totally legal

if you were in town i would give you a hug and make some drinks, chu

because we are buds

maybe tonight we can shoot some fake mans in BC2

we can pretend that they are cops

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are you ok Chu?

I hope you are okay.

You were nice to me that Saturday.

Bayonetta is a fun game to play, but skip the cutscenes.

Bayonetta is trash. Skip it altogether.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well this appears to be over so I'm gonna back to my other business that is very important.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I guess it's vaccum-packing meat in plastic and then "cooking" it for like a few days in lukewarm water (around 140 degrees I think).

I guess the french invented it and say it's delicious but it seems like it's just like slightly controlled putrefaction.

ugh it sounds nasty.

My buddy is all about this. Does it with brisket and while it seems pretty gross, it's a hell of a way to cook a real sinewy cut.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

ugh it sounds nasty.

Depending on the meat 140 is ok for killing most things. Sounds like some sort of weird sealed-environment braising or something.

Edit - Apparently it's mostly good for maintaining texture on certain foods, like foie gras. Bocous and Keller have used it so it's probably pretty good.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »

totally legal

It doesn't really matter and you may have answered this before, but why were you open carrying?

Just because you felt like it?

It doesn't affect the situation at all, I'm just wondering why you were carrying a gun around other than "because I can".

one my pants today weren't the loosest so it was more comfortable than carrying inside the waistband

and two as a matter of course, for educational purposes. sometimes you get hassled by a cop- "c'mon son, you know that's not a good idea right", or "you got a permit for that?"- but you also get a lot of inquisitive looks and questions and you get to smile at the people in your neighborhood who see you shopping and going to work every day

and they go "man so maybe if this guy is in here next week or another regular of mine bends over and i see they have a gun, i won't just think they're necessarily evil murderers just because that's what the media often suggests to me"

so for a variety of reasons, i guess

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That helicopter video is so cool!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Doc that video's pretty cool.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    will perhaps we will shoot mans, yes

my sleep schedule is totally fuxored... i'm going to go sleep now. hopefully i only sleep for a few hours, so i can actually go to bed before dawn and try to reset my body clock

Organichu on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This Bungie Activision deal is a powder keg waiting to explode.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    one my pants today weren't the loosest so it was more comfortable than carrying inside the waistband

and two as a matter of course, for educational purposes. sometimes you get hassled by a cop- "c'mon son, you know that's not a good idea right", or "you got a permit for that?"- but you also get a lot of inquisitive looks and questions and you get to smile at the people in your neighborhood who see you shopping and going to work every day

and they go "man so maybe if this guy is in here next week or another regular of mine bends over and i see they have a gun, i won't just think they're necessarily evil murderers just because that's what the media often suggests to me"

so for a variety of reasons, i guess

So...

You were carrying a gun basically just to show people that you carry a gun?

Like, you're trying to desensitize people to guns by flashing yours around?

Is that what you're saying?

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so thanks to this chat thread op i learned that Andy Dick was born right here in charleston south carolina

i am glad that the colbert family's distilled awesome makes up for Andy Dick

i hope it does at least

Arch on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

totally legal

Lapel camera.

What does it record to? I thought spy cameras and their ilk usually required you to connect them to a VCR or something.

MicroSD card.

japan on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I came here for the thread title

I wonder how many people have discovered or re-discovered NewsRadio via Netflix

Such a great show, I watch it pretty much every night

it is pretty rough actually. Way better when I was 11.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
This discussion has been closed.