Options

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed by Media Molecule - Will be a FULL GAME creator

• Options
    donkey showdonkey show Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    donkey show on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    holy moly

wait

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that like way too many layers

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    haxxxxxxxxxx

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    holy moly

wait

Donkey Show uses theck and thack layers extensively. He's a friggin' wizard.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    LOL! There are definitely others who are much better than I am at it, but ever since these glitches came into existence, I can't stop using them. :lol: Thanks though. =)
    holy moly

wait

Technically yes, but MM is cool with it. I've been at it since LBP1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5WFBZzKyo

And just like the vid up there, I'm so glad it works as it makes a lot of sense with top-down levels.
    Alphagaia wrote:
    I also noticed the wall patern looked wrong for a top down game: it still looked like it would look when viewed from a side. Isn't there an option to change that?

As an update to this question, you can use the UV tool to adjust the positioning of the textures on objects.

donkey show on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Has anyone cracked that "Thock" layer yet?

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    holy moly

wait

oh wow, that's really cool.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    holy moly

wait

oh wow, that's really cool.

I thought so too ^_^

I plan on using them extensively in LBP2, that is as soon as MM decides to let me in the beta :x
    Still no beta code :cry:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alrighty, here's a somewhat finalized version of the top down action RPG I was working on earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-JFB0YqB0

donkey show on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That is just absolutely incredible. Not much more I can really say beyond that.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Incredible, Donkeyshow!

Dang it, I may just have to re-buy a PS3 for LBP2.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's pretty awesome! But honestly I really don,t like the fact that the character is always strafing. It makes his movements really look unnatural. It would look much better if the character always faced the direction he was walking.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »
    That's pretty awesome! But honestly I really don,t like the fact that the character is always strafing. It makes his movements really look unnatural. It would look much better if the character always faced the direction he was walking.

I've been looking for a twin-stick dungeon crawler, so I've got to respectfully disagree.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »

I've been looking for a twin-stick dungeon crawler, so I've got to respectfully disagree.

Of course in the end it's just a design decision and not a good or bad thing. But personally I've always found strafing in videogames to look completely retarded unless it's in specific situations where it makes sense, like backing away from a target while shooting at it.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »

Of course in the end it's just a design decision and not a good or bad thing. But personally I've always found strafing in videogames to look completely retarded unless it's in specific situations where it makes sense, like backing away from a target while shooting at it.

It's all good as I share the same issue. My initial control design was to only use one stick in the vein of Gauntlet/Zelda 2D, but it didn't work out for some reason. I am still working on it so that it is a secondary control option on the d-pad so you'll get the best of both worlds.

I also had small feet under the character which moved accordingly to your movement (front/back, side/side), but with all the rotating, it really didn't work out. I did implement that on those giant golems though.

And thanks guys!

donkey show on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Really, these games look like clumsy mods. Just like the first one i expect that you'll have to wade through mountains of shit to get yourself an average game.

hadoken on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hadoken wrote: »
    Really, these games look like clumsy mods. Just like the first one i expect that you'll have to wade through mountains of shit to get yourself an average game.

No shit, really? And there I was thinking everything on Youtube is quality entertainment.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just like the first one i expect that you'll have to wade through mountains of shit to get yourself an average game.

poor assumption.

do you have to wade through mountains of awful sites before you find anything good on the internet? No.
    Google/Twitter/Facebook delivers the best stuff to you on a plate.

Similarly, LBP2 has got "LBP.me", which is quite literally the Google/Twitter/Facebook of LBP.

If anything good is made in this game, you are going to hear about it

Tig on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

If you're expecting AAA stuff, you're doing it wrong.

donkey show on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

If you're expecting AAA stuff, you're doing it wrong.

Definitely true, but the signal-to-noise ratio with 2 million+ levels in LBP1 was pretty extreme.

As Tig pointed out, they're working on a whole new interface that should help the quality levels to rise above the noise.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Definitely true, but the signal-to-noise ratio with 2 million+ levels in LBP1 was pretty extreme.

As Tig pointed out, they're working on a whole new interface that should help the quality levels to rise above the noise.

So far, the cool levels system is working out pretty well in the beta as it cycles through levels much better and quicker depending on the new algorithm their using to calculate what's cool and what's not. Although, it'll be interesting to see how it pans when the floodgates are open to everyone in January.

donkey show on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think the most promising thing is the new Twitter-style functionality.

You get a live stream of everything your favourite creators are playing and recommending.
    Heart a few good players, and you'll never be short of levels to check out after a while.

Tig on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved wading through awful levels in LBP1, I didn't really care about the quality (though it was nice to stumble across a stunning level), more just curious to see what people had created. Good or bad.

The levels I created certainly weren't up there with the cream of the crop, but I enjoyed creating them and some people enjoyed playing them.

In fact I may make a LBP1 level this weekend. Any theme suggestions?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I loved wading through awful levels in LBP1, I didn't really care about the quality (though it was nice to stumble across a stunning level), more just curious to see what people had created. Good or bad.

The levels I created certainly weren't up there with the cream of the crop, but I enjoyed creating them and some people enjoyed playing them.

Platforming and bossbattles in contra style please!!!!

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Actually, the more I think about it... I'll see if I can tinker up a Blaster Master style game. Drive around, gun through levels, unlock new modes for your transport. I dunno. I doubt my skill is up for it. But trying would be fun.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Platforming and bossbattles in contra style please!!!!

I don't have the paint ball gun expansion, so that should be interesting to do. I'm sure I'll manage somehow...

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't have the paint ball gun expansion, so that should be interesting to do. I'm sure I'll manage somehow...

Use the new item helmet gun from LPB2. Have it spawn bullet like objects.

Mostlyjoe13 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Use the new item helmet gun from LPB2. Have it spawn bullet like objects.

I only have LBP1, I'm not in the beta. I'm just delving back in to create some fun stuff before the sequel comes out.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I only have LBP1, I'm not in the beta. I'm just delving back in to create some fun stuff before the sequel comes out.

I guess you could make a item spawner...hrm. I think people use to make lava rollers as weapons pre MSG update.

Mostlyjoe13 on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Got into the Beta awhile ago, I would have been playing it on the 15th this month if I bothered to check my E-mail. Just the story levels alone was making me smile a whole lot, cause the Sackbots are just so adorable.

It's a bit intimidating trying to make a level right now. I don't even know how to make any of the things I see in the community levels.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    another delightful "featurette", this time about sackbots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4AsmE29zU

Tig on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay, I'm really starting to have fun with this.

I wanted to make a Mine Sim game, where you control a bunch of miners to dig for Gold, Coal, and Crude Oil, while avoiding such things as dangerous Gas, Cave-ins and some underground monsters. But with the stuff available in the first Little Big Planet, it just wasn't possible.

Now however, with LittleBigPlanet 2, I thinking I can even add different types of workers, each with a random attribute as you purchase them, such as fear of heights, slower running speed, or smaller awareness (the result of wearing an eye-patch)

Didn't know what time it was, but I was having so much fun just figuring stuff out.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So this level is pretty insane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=570lEAdQuUw

Tig on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow.... just wow. This game is blowing my mind.

I do hope someone makes an AWESOME Platformer(boss) with the beta soon though. These seem in short supply.

Don't get me wrong I love seeing this.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I made a level in LBP2! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ActFH_56U&

It's supposed to be an online battle arena with Super Mario Galaxy-style gravity.

Awesomely, I managed to get the tech working... But I then sadly discovered that the level lags horribly in online multiplayer.
    The above video shows it running at about 2/3 of the speed that it's supposed to run.

It played so well in singleplayer, too... :(

Tig on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nobody posted This? Really?
    One of the promises we made after moving the LittleBigPlanet 2 release date was that we’d find a way to give you all additional LittleBigPlanet goodness ahead of the new game’s January 18 release date. Well, now I’m pleased to share the good news with you. Here’s what we have in store…

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

This is a brand new spin-off PSN title that showcases all of the fun that can be had when Sackboy gets his hands on the PlayStation Move motion controller. Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves contains a brand new 10 level theme dominated by dinosaurs, where the Evil Big Rex is king. Throughout your mission you must take on challenges engineered by Terrance Dactyl – and you’re going to some need help, so put on your bear skins and grab up to four friends to navigate the tough terrain of the tropical jungle dodging erupting volcanoes and other environmental hazards standing in your way.

The player with the PlayStation Move controller leads the charge, flicking switches and triggering platforms to help the other players, using DualShock Controllers, through each level. Leap between Dino heads, use the Move controller to blast aside crates of bubbles, ride dinosaurs through prehistoric cities, and take to the heights of tree canopies—then team up to defeat Big Rex, all while collecting Trophies along the way.

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone – it doesn’t require the original LittleBigPlanet game or LittleBigPlanet 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller (and the PlayStation Eye camera, of course) and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller – since it is a Move-required and multiplayer-only co-op experience. The game will also be included on the LittleBigPlanet 2 disc when it is released on January 18.

But, for everyone who’s desperate to have some motion-controlled fun with Sackboy before then, and for the new PS3 and Move owners who haven’t yet gotten acquainted with our stitched-together friend, Sackboy – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be available on the PlayStation Store on December 14 for $5.99.

That’s not all though! A week earlier, on December 7, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free! And, as an extra “thank you,” thousands of LittleBigPlanet supporters will receive Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free; stay tuned for more details as we get closer to December 7.

For all you Move fans, Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is a lot of fun, but it only scratches the surface of what’s possible when PlayStation Move and LittleBigPlanet team up, so keep an eye out for more updates after the release of LittleBigPlanet 2.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode Demo

Now for some more great news…there will be a LittleBigPlanet 2 PSN demo coming your way on December 21! This demo will give everyone a taste of the new Story Mode in LittleBigPlanet 2, along with our new gameplay mechanics – including CREATE! Swing from different objects with the Grapple
    Hook, rescue helpless Sackbots, and experience the chaotic multiplayer fun that blows up when the competitive scoring mode is coupled with Sacboys and Sackgirls armed with the new Creatinator! The LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode demo will be available on the PlayStation Store on December 21, so keep an eye on the calendar.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta Trial

Over the past few weeks, it’s truly been astonishing to see the creations that have come out of the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta trial. In fact, we’ve been so impressed, we’re going to expand the beta trial a bit further, so in early December, a new batch of invitations will go out, including PlayStation Plus subscribers, more community contributors, and even some giveaways. Stay tuned early next month for more info!

So, to summarize all of the above…

* Early December—A new batch of beta trial invites will be sent out to PlayStation Plus members and more! (exact date tbd)
    * December 7—PlayStation Plus subscribers and a big bunch of LBP supporters will get Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free!
    * December 14—Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be available on the PlayStation Store for $5.99!
    * December 21—LittleBigPlanet 2 demo will be available to everyone!

I was going to do a tl;dr, but the article does it for me.

Yay demo!

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Awesome, if I wasn't already in the Beta, December 21 would be a grueling wait.

I Also played through your level Tig, there wasn't anyone online to play with, but I was really impressed with how you managed to pull of the gravity between planets.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This article put a big smile on my face this morning

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277793

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    This article put a big smile on my face this morning

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277793

:^: thanks, that was a great read

really good to know mediamolecule are so directly injecting that kind of passion into the future of the franchise

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg