As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] PhallaHack - Astral Plane. Adventurers win, minor Riders win

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    !Jdarksun

I have nothing productive to contribute.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Romantic Undead

Jdark is pretty obviously going to win, but having a second place is never a bad idea!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, a clarification to the action order. Same-night roleblocks (ie, ones that don't say something like "roleblocked tomorrow") take priority over normal actions. It hasn't mattered yet but with the quantity of items out there it will eventually.

Equipment changes > Vote > Roleblocking > Defensive items/abilities > Offensive items/abilities > Other items/abilities > Healing > Ongoing status effects > Item transfer / Loot.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Don't have much time to weigh in, so I'll just jump on the bandwagon.

jdarksun
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    !jdarksun, but we're all going the list for this.
    Nah, just one guy. It isn't most of your faults, I'm sure it seemed logical at the time. After narration, you can guess who gets the grudge.

Blah blah blah go die.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Svenska wrote: »
    !jdarksun, pretty cool to get that right off the bat.

I wonder what ability the dog had?

Really cool ones and I hate you all for killing him so early :P

Why must you all kill off all the people with the coolest abilities first?

Vote closed and such

Phyphor on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Vote closed and such

Murphy's law.

Also, so that next time you host, you overcompensate and make too many interesting roles and the whole thing turns into an unbalanced mess.
    reserve up

Darian on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Darian wrote: »

Vote closed and such

Murphy's law.

Also, so that next time you host, you overcompensate and make too many interesting roles and the whole thing turns into an unbalanced mess.
    reserve up

Like a role that can kill every single person in the game on night 3

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Darian wrote: »

Vote closed and such

Murphy's law.

reserve up

Like a role that can kill every single person in the game on night 3

That would just be silly! That's even more silly than making someone a mason with two other people, but making them actually be mafia!

But who would do that, haha? Ha.

Ha.

*glare*

(:P)

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Damn it kime, why'd you have to get my hopes up like that? I was hoping for a narration, but no.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Day Two, The Castle

As the day begun The Anonymous accused jdarksun of being evil. Not just evil, but the big bad evil. Having nobody more suspicious everybody went along with it, even jdarksun himself.

In fact, he even agreed so much that he attempted to kill himself by throwing rocks up at the ceiling and letting them fall on his head.

However, the group wasn't about to let him have all the fun and swarmed him hacking and slashing. More rocks were thrown, a pit with poisonous spikes was found and jdarksun was thrown into it, repeatedly.

At the end of it all, the High Priest of Moloch was dead. His body was searched for the Amulet of Yendor, but during all the slaughtering someone else must have taken it unseen.

Elsewhere in the castle, in one of the corner rooms, with a chest, the adventurer from before was walking along, wearing an amulet of reflection and carrying the Amulet of Yendor in his hand, a smile on his face as he opened the chest in front of him. Suddenly, he was ambushed by many creatures.
    -------
    |Tq(..|
    -HT@..|
    -------

The Olog-Hai hits! The Olog-Hai hits! The leocrotta hits!
    -------
    |N@(q.|
    -..HT@|
    ----X--

The xorn hits! The leocrotta hits! The leocrotta hits!
    The Olog-Hai zaps a wand of death! But it reflects from your medallion!
    -------
    |T.(q.|
    -H.N@@|
    ----X--

The lieutenant hits! The xorn hits! The leocrotta hits! The leocrotta hits!

You die...

Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq]
    I'd colour it but I'm lazy

War was dead. When the group found his body, the Amulet was nowhere to be found.

Satisfied that they had finally eliminated a monster and a powerful one at that, but somewhat puzzled at what ronrab was doing, the group then journeyed back to the portal previously found.

A few wands were fired off in the confusion of the night and some hits were scored.

A rider on a white horse was seen tonight. He also touched someone, but nobody saw who.

Another robed figure was found dead on the floor of the dungeon, all life drained from him.

An archon was hit by a bolt of death and was killed.

kime was found injured

cj iwakura and TheLawinator turned up wounded as well and looking very ill

After finally reaching the portal, they went through and found a vast open field and a maze guarded by centaurs
    Bah, this one gets broken as well

Dispatching the centaurs with ease they find a staircase leading down but nobody seems to be here...

We have arrived at The Quest

The Quest's special effect: several class-specific artifacts will be distributed tonight to living members of the appropriate classes.

Additionally, a previously hidden altar has been found. Vote in yellow for someone to pray at the altar. Good things come from prayer! They can be crowned, artifacts can be granted and several other benefits are possible.
    For those familiar with NetHack's prayer system I am combining the acts of sacrificing and praying together here. Also, pretend a major temple with all three alignment altars was found

The top two people voted for will sacrifice & pray tonight, granting them a boon. Any role with the "itemless" tag will be ineligible and all votes for those people will be ignored. This occurs in the looting phase so only the living qualify

You may also vote for the special person "nobody." If nobody wins then nobody will pray.

The dead

jdarksun, High Priest of Moloch, attempted suicide followed by brutal mobbing
    ronrab, War, female chaotic elf ranger, killed by a leocrotta (with the Amulet)

The injured

romanqwerty - wounded
    cj iwakura - wounded, diseased
    TheLawinator - wounded, diseased
    kime - wounded

You guys managed to kill both of the main characters tonight...

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Actions should be out, looting begins. You people are very good at not killing each other

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So, I have good news and bad news. First, the bad news. Not only was I unable to seer last night (my vision was "clouded" for some reason), some silly goose decided to zap me with a wand of polymorph, so I can't do shit for the next two nights.

The good news is that I polymorphed into a dragon, which gives me all the abilities of a dragon. I'm protected from most attacks once every couple of days (being polymorphed, of course, means I can only get it once), have a cold attack that I can use once every two days, and I can also receive loot now (hooray! FYI, normally I can't receive loot).

Now, about the vote. I attempted to seer Gumpy last night, but since that went so swimmingly well, I'll ask you to instead vote for kime, as I've been contacted by someone who claims that kime is not aligned with the village. I need to know if I can trust them, so be sure to vote for kime.

And yes, please, please, please yellow-vote The Anonymous. I desperately need all the items I can get now that I can actually earn items.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kime
    and The Anonymous are fine with me.

Egos on
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If a dragon tells me to do something, I find it very hard to do otherwise.
    Kime
    and The_Anonymous, it is.

Svenska on
    Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have no problem voting Kime

The Anonymous

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kime, though I don't know why we are listening to a dragon, seer or no.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have to say Zellpher...the avatar change makes you a lot more likable.

Instead of a pretty boy, you come across like some weird Nosferatu.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All items should be out.. I think.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kime!

And the vote is even justified! Wowwww!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fun fact: there are now 10 attack wands out there.

Kill people tonight, please

edit: offensive -> attack

Phyphor on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ooOOooo

My amulet... my beautiful amulet!

ooOOOooo

ronrab on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Awwwww I liked you better as the Oracle of Delphi.

Oh well Kime and The Anonymous it is.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fun fact: there are now 10 attack wands out there.

Kill people tonight, please

edit: offensive -> attack

WHY DON'T I HAVE A WAND GOD DAMNIT?!!

It's my Hawaiian shirt, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!?!!

Oh, and Kime.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kime and romanqwerty for second place.

Additionally, if the person that used an item on me last night like to contact me, I can probably explain the question on your mind.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Anonymous

kime It's cake time.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    We also may want to work out a second place for the yellow vote as well since the top two get gifts.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think there is a high probability that trueneverborne is evil.

discuss.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

discuss.

Sorry Brah, but you are going to have to find things like "Evidence" for your accusations on your own.

We're not here to do the leg work for you

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If a player wins the yellow vote and "nobody" comes second, will said player still get the free gear?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    romanqwerty for second place.

Uh, why?

I'm fine with the kime vote, and I can see why we're apparently trusting a person who's fed us an evil going to be seered as a dragon, but you're only supporting yourself, nobody else is backing you up.

Besides, it's a personal policy to never give good things to people who vote for themselves.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Currently the game is Anonymous twiddling his violin, with no other discussion being had

Man that is kinda boring, and unhelpful in the long run. No data from all powerful bandwagons, no nothing

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gumpy, you are a man after my own tastes.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »

Uh, why?

I'm fine with the kime vote, and I can see why we're apparently trusting a person who's fed us an evil going to be seered as a dragon, but you're only supporting yourself, nobody else is backing you up.

Besides, it's a personal policy to never give good things to people who vote for themselves.

Eh, then don't vote for me then. When I voted, no one had even considered second place and I voted for the one other person I know isn't evil. That and just blindly riding whatever anonymous picks is both boring and possibly detrimental.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have no problem voting for Kime

but I'm holding my yellow vote until we have a clear second place in mind.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Uh, why?

Eh, then don't vote for me then. When I voted, no one had even considered second place and I voted for the one other person I know isn't evil. That and just blindly riding whatever anonymous picks is both boring and possibly detrimental.
    You know that makes you look really suspicious, right?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ugh double post since I can't edit a vote post.

TA you may want to clarify if you get to keep your earned items once your polymorph is over. Just a thought. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't but I am not that familiar with the source material, and that would be an unpleasant surprise for you.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    ugh double post since I can't edit a vote post.

TA you may want to clarify if you get to keep your earned items once your polymorph is over. Just a thought. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't but I am not that familiar with the source material, and that would be an unpleasant surprise for you.
    Will do. But even if I don't keep them, it might still be okay depending on a few things.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

discuss.

Sorry Brah, but you are going to have to find things like "Evidence" for your accusations on your own.

We're not here to do the leg work for you

posting as I run out the door late does not leave much time for a detailed arguement.

Jdarksun brought up trueneverborne's inactivity on day 1.

It is possible but unlikely that a mafia member would point out an inactive villager to be replaced by someone who might figure them out... inactive villagers are actually a good thing for the mafia. It is also unlikely that jdark was trying to get some kind of alliance or deal going with trueneverborne. it is much more likely that trueneverborne was an inactive mafia member with an important ability that he wanted to use..... like maybe a roleblock which would explain why the anonymous was roleblocked (transformed?) tonight but not last night after he revealed.

this would all be quite clear if you took even a cursory glance at jdarksun's posts.... Brah.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Uh, why?

You know that makes you look really suspicious, right?

From what I understand, you've been trying to grill up a roasting for me ever since day 1

But I am personally loving the "DISCUSSION IS SUSPICIOUS!" angle.

Because it is the best village tactic. Ever.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well The Anonymous has bagged us a baddie, so I guess he's the smart choice for prayer, but I have to say, being a seer suddenly unable to seer things is a little weird.

That being said, he did reveal to the thread, so I suppose it isn't much of a stretch to think that anyone non-adventurer aligned would seek to roleblock him or something.

So let's see what the Kimewagon turns up.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531