Options

[DIABLO II] Not even death can save you from me!

• Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You both know that there's nothing more satisfying then having that callous bitch Baal finally drop that item

Only to set you onto the next item on your wishlist

Leh sigh

Is there anywhere in particular that's good for farming up a good 3 socket bow? I find the Act 1 Rogues compliment my Wolverine build assassin the best... I want to slap Edge into a decent bow since it's a dirt cheap word for what it does (AURA ZOMG) but I can't find a decent 3-socket Exceptional bow for the life of me.

Robman on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    pamule

4x draculs
    tal orb
    tal belt
    titans
    tgods
    eth redeemer i couldn't sell, :(
    and a bunch of jewelry
    eth bugged treachery
    griswold corona
    15/14 sup great hauberk

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Flippy! My uber guy is pretty much there now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just curious, does bnet keep your chars forever or do they eventually get deleted from non-use? Reason being that the last time I played this was years ago, and it would be nice to play my chars again. I had a fully geared mf sorc and werewolf druid and summon necro.

The thought of starting over is ughh. It took me almost 3 years of playing just to get those chars geared up and whatnot (I never traded, I found all my items).

Just reading this thread is making me want to play again.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    anyone have an Arm of King Leoric and/or a Homunculus weighing their mules down?

Zulkir on
  • Options
    ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @RJ
    Both characters and accounts get deleted after a set period of inactivity, sorry man.

Zulkir on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zulkir wrote: »
    @RJ
    Both characters and accounts get deleted after a set period of inactivity, sorry man.

Fuck. I mean, even if I still had the chars and played a bit and got bored I could've given my shit away to you guys.

Maybe I'll think about playing again. We will see.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @RJ

Fuck. I mean, even if I still had the chars and played a bit and got bored I could've given my shit away to you guys.

They would've been moved to non-ladder, while most of us are playing ladder, =/

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    @RJ

They would've been moved to non-ladder, while most of us are playing ladder, =/

Good point.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Only 3 hours to get my keys, not bad! I forgot that you have to put those keys online if you want to use the digital download copy (which is what I had). Oh well. They work, and for $10 I can't complain at all!

urahonky on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So is this game super laggy or is it just me?

e: Looks like it's just me... Wow.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So what build are most sorceress' using now a days? I see quite a bit of lightning being cast.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @RJ

Actually, they stopped deleting inactive characters a while ago, even after the 3-month limit. It might say "character expired" but you might log in and still find your stuff there.

Why not just log in and see?
    nealcm wrote: »
    so after the grush i can't create hell games and when i try to enter portals to baal's throne room in bot baal runs i can't

i swear i talked to everyone in harrogath...

Like lordswing said, join chaos runs. Channels ggc1 and ggc2 have non-botted runs; there are also a huge amount of botted Chaos channels that I can't recall at the moment. Or you can wait until stfuad does chaos/baal again and follow him about :P
    Robman wrote: »
    You both know that there's nothing more satisfying then having that callous bitch Baal finally drop that item

Only to set you onto the next item on your wishlist

Leh sigh

Is there anywhere in particular that's good for farming up a good 3 socket bow? I find the Act 1 Rogues compliment my Wolverine build assassin the best... I want to slap Edge into a decent bow since it's a dirt cheap word for what it does (AURA ZOMG) but I can't find a decent 3-socket Exceptional bow for the life of me.

Cows, provided you can kill cows quickly. Exceptional difficulty cows should prove no problem for a Hell-level character. Otherwise, anywhere with dense monster packs will do.

This said, Harmony beats Edge easily, if you have a Ko to spare. Kos are cheap, anyway.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So what build are most sorceress' using now a days? I see quite a bit of lightning being cast.

Mine is lightning, I know there's a lightning/frozen orb and a couple meteor/frozen orbs out there. Also a pure Blizzard spec somewhere.
    urahonky wrote: »
    So is this game super laggy or is it just me?

e: Looks like it's just me... Wow.

What happens when you enter /fps into chat?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ahh ggc good times used to do runs for them with my multishot bowzon.

stfuad on
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bot is back up (D2BS is fixed! yay!) just pachaos for now. Announce bot isn't up yet.

stfuad on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ancient tunnels is taunting me with its abundance of blue/yellow lacquered plate

but it is so easy to run as a blizz sorc

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    awesome, eth treks dropped from meph

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know how you can tolerate running meph. Sometimes it takes me minutes to find level 3. 'Course, getting nothing from Meph doesn't help soothe the anguish.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    I don't know how you can tolerate running meph. Sometimes it takes me minutes to find level 3. 'Course, getting nothing from Meph doesn't help soothe the anguish.

remember pre 1.10 patch? when mobs could spawn right next to the stairs of any given level?
    stygian doll boss packs, anyone? ;p

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if it takes more than ~30 secs to find durance 3, you're doing it wrong

fast cast blind-teleing clockwise always works for me

had a meph earlier where his drops were:

~bolts
    ~tp scroll
    ~6k gold

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes the entrance spawns somewhere in the middle at which point I rageface.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think I've had that happen exactly once in the past 5 years or so

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Consider yourself lucky!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes, rageface very much so. Second worse is teleporting the whole map before realizing it's right by the WP.

lordswing on
  • Options
    RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i teleported into a wall once :)

couldn't see my character but that's where they were, it was in the catacombs.

Oh and i've had it spawn in the middle before, was never the quicker but i just ran to a wall and started from there.

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Running meph and Countess got slightly easier once I learned the room directions (Durance 3 staircase room entrance is always a left turn from WP room entrance, same with all the Tower rooms), but sometimes the map gets twisty and throws you off.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    today has been kind of lousy for drops

i now have ft: occy, titan's, string of ears, drac's, trang's belt, wizzy, pul

iso: tal's armor + ammy, soj, +cold skillers, anny, snowclash, nightwing's, death's fathom

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You can't use the eschuta's with the Tal set, so why not just stick with a cold Ormus + some rare amulet?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »

remember pre 1.10 patch? when mobs could spawn right next to the stairs of any given level?

Those were awesome

My MF gear'd sorc got shredded a few times by a well placed extra strong and fast doll pack

Robman on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »

Those were awesome

My MF gear'd sorc got shredded a few times by a well placed extra strong and fast doll pack

Don't forget mana burn to shut down your teleporting.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, some druid help please.

Do melee druids (specifically, werewolves) actually require any Dex investment? I want to say no, what with the innate AR et all bonus from Werewolf itself, and perhaps HoW, plus they use two-handers... But I've also seen some guides that still say to get enough Dex for max block. Now it's been a while since I've played, but I thought you can't block with two-handers?

Fireclaws or Rabies? (As far as WW builds go- which would y'all recommend?)

Summoner druids. I've heard that the latest patch they're pretty viable now. Viable enough to do hell?

Finally, please correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a way to be a good werewolf and have good summons.

I've checked out several guides last night, wanted to get your opinions on the above. Thank you kindly.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes, you can't block with two-handers. It's either two-hander or one-hander+shield+max block. Note that if you go for max block, using a shield with an extraordinarily fast block rate is necessary; werewolves have terrible block rates. Shael'ed Stormshield and such (55% fbr).

Not sure on the others.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, going into the chaos sanctuary butt naked with -100 resistances produces hilarious results, especially from doom knights firing those homing light balls. D's fire nova deals like 200+ damage, which actually isn't that bad after BO.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Homing light balls"? Bone Spirit, y0. :P

Which are largely unresistable anyway, even with equipment - Bone Spirits do "magic"-type damage.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think if you want to do Fire Claws then you should do Bear rather than Wolf; Shockwave is pretty essential for crowd control since you can only attack one enemy at a time.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sorry, I don't play necros.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My friend is playing a summoning necro. It works really well when we're playing together as a group, but when he's alone it goes something like

"Fuck I hate getting those first kills"

"Jesus christ FML"

"FUCKING COCK EATING SPACE ELVES COME HELP ME KILL SOMETHING PLEASE"

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Does he not have a merc or something?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Or a golem?

KalTorak: Hmm, good point. Guess I'll try the Rabies build.

As an aside, have assassins changed much this patch?

ringswraith on