Options

[DIABLO II] Not even death can save you from me!

• Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Does he not have a merc or something?

He's level 24 trying to hack it in nightmare. I mean it works when he's got the evil dead posse rolling, but before that it's pretty hilariously bad

Robman on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    My friend is playing a summoning necro. It works really well when we're playing together as a group, but when he's alone it goes something like

"Fuck I hate getting those first kills"

"Jesus christ FML"

"FUCKING COCK EATING SPACE ELVES COME HELP ME KILL SOMETHING PLEASE"

Pindlegarden.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, some druid help please.

Do melee druids (specifically, werewolves) actually require any Dex investment? I want to say no, what with the innate AR et all bonus from Werewolf itself, and perhaps HoW, plus they use two-handers... But I've also seen some guides that still say to get enough Dex for max block. Now it's been a while since I've played, but I thought you can't block with two-handers?

Fireclaws or Rabies? (As far as WW builds go- which would y'all recommend?)

Summoner druids. I've heard that the latest patch they're pretty viable now. Viable enough to do hell?

Finally, please correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a way to be a good werewolf and have good summons.

I've checked out several guides last night, wanted to get your opinions on the above. Thank you kindly.

Summoner druids are viable, but they require better gear (are slightly more merc reliant) than a necro summoner.

You can do partial melee, or ranged combat, with a summoner druid, either delivering crushing blow in bear form or doing elemental damage. Your go to support is going to be shockwave, though, which can get a little dull.

Summoner druid is basically 20 in bear, direwolf, How, 1 in lycanthropy and 1 in shockwave. 1 in poison creeper can be useful, as can 1 in hunger to deliver crushing blow, if you go that route. The build finished early.

Spare points go in lycanthropy or shockwave, or a mix.

Stay away from the elemental tree, don't go near spirit of barbs, and do use your ravens (but don't put more than 1 requisite point in them). And, for god's sake, no more than 1 point in spirit wolf no matter what people say.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    a nice trick to get summons going is to stand in town and let your merc / golem kill things. Enemys won't attack when your in town...

stfuad on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grislo wrote: »
    Summoner druids are viable, but they require better gear (are slightly more merc reliant) than a necro summoner.

You can do partial melee, or ranged combat, with a summoner druid, either delivering crushing blow in bear form or doing elemental damage. Your go to support is going to be shockwave, though, which can get a little dull.

Summoner druid is basically 20 in bear, direwolf, How, 1 in lycanthropy and 1 in shockwave. 1 in poison creeper can be useful, as can 1 in hunger to deliver crushing blow, if you go that route. The build finished early.

Stay away from the elemental tree, don't go near spirit of barbs, and do use your ravens (but don't put more than 1 requisite point in them). And, for god's sake, no more than 1 point in spirit wolf no matter what people say.

Hmm. So what I'm getting from this is you can either be a good shapeshifter or a good summoner, but not good at both together.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My friend is playing a summoning necro. It works really well when we're playing together as a group, but when he's alone it goes something like

"Fuck I hate getting those first kills"

"Jesus christ FML"

"FUCKING COCK EATING SPACE ELVES COME HELP ME KILL SOMETHING PLEASE"

Okay I should probably put this in the OP at some point:

If you're playing a summon nec and need corpses regularly, keep the orange portal to Nihalthak's temple open (the place where Pindleskin spawns). You can do so by either not taking the Halls of Vaught waypoint, not completing the quest to kill Nihlathak, or both.

When you go into the portal, there will be maybe thirty skeleton corpses on the ground, outside the temple building. In roughly five (?) seconds, the corpses will 'awaken' and turn into Prowling Dead.

However, if you act fast, you can quickly summon a horde from the corpses before they resurrect. Free army! Then either clean up the rest for more corpses + kill Pindleskin for loot, or leave for easier pastures since you've gotten at least a few skeletons up already.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmm. So what I'm getting from this is you can either be a good shapeshifter or a good summoner, but not good at both together.

Diablo post-1.10 is very generous with the +skill bonuses, so you can be moderately good at both. As far as I know, with druids there isn't a situation like the sorceress where misplacing a point means losing ten percent of your damage output, so I believe you can juggle the two without much loss.

Being a "good" shapeshifter pretty much comes down to "apply Crushing Blow and/or chance to casts really, really frequently", anyway.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pindle's garden is nice, but not always available for people who haven't gotten to Act 5 yet and don't get rushed.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Pindle's garden is nice, but not always available for people who haven't gotten to Act 5 yet and don't get rushed.

Yeah, I just noticed Robman's later post where he said his friend is level 24... yeah, that isn't going to cut it in Nightmare Act I. Stuff there is level 36, they'd chew up any merc.

His best bet is to drop back to Normal and level quickly in the WSK. This should be no trouble.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    does anyone have experience with a max telekinesis + energy shield sorc?

Beasteh on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To keep Pindles portal open, u can take the waypoint or kill Nihl, but not both.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    local flavor policelocal flavor police Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    lookin for 2os elite armor under 150 str

local flavor police on
    Steam: LocalFlavorPolice
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I recall having a druid who's tornadoes and huricanes wrecked shit, was ungodly powerful. Am I not remembering right? I think I also had a point in each summon so I could have distractions.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quit lying jack... You know you never had that.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sometimes the game tempbans you for no reason at all

like joining or leaving a game

weird

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sooooomebody want to go to game jzy and password 123 and get my tallllll's stuff i was muling

fffffffffffffffffff

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got a 2os Dusk Shroud runnin with the bot whoever was lookin for elite not sure if thats the type you're after being at its the bitchiest of the bitch. *Dolosus

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So I can't access any FAQs right now but am I crazy for thinking of the following build (assassin)?

20 Tiger Strike
    20 Phoenix Strike
    20 Claws of Ice (synergy with... charge 2? of PS)
    20 Dragon Claw
    1 in all prereqs, extras in Dual Claw Mastery and Shadow Master (make sure to pick up Fade, Burst of Speed, perhaps Venom)...

Thoughts?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    welp, thankfully the guy i was trading and muling with is a great guy who kept my tal's stuff safe

good to know none of you jumped to my aid, though!

lol just kiddin, i guess it wasn't obvious i was tempbanned?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    picked up the exp key from g2buy for $5.45us; still waiting, but only been a couple hours. I headed over to d2mule just to see it, and...$3.99. ah well, no biggie... still, if you look at the page, they list a key on the page itself. Anyone know what's up with that?

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    GOD I'M COOL

talrashas.jpg

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So I can't access any FAQs right now but am I crazy for thinking of the following build (assassin)?

20 Tiger Strike
    20 Phoenix Strike
    20 Dragon Claw
    1 in all prereqs, extras in Dual Claw Mastery and Shadow Master (make sure to pick up Fade, Burst of Speed, perhaps Venom)...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go for the shadow master business personally, you have to pick up the block skill which is just brutal

I respecced and dumped my block point and wow, what an insane difference. Block is useful when you're going mano a mano with a hueg boss, but block lock will fuck your mother with a crowd. I'd rather just out-heal the incoming damage with lots of life leech.

Also, you can only use one of burst of speed, fade or venom. I can't see any situation where fade or venom would be better then burst of speed.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    welp, thankfully the guy i was trading and muling with is a great guy who kept my tal's stuff safe

good to know none of you jumped to my aid, though!

lol just kiddin, i guess it wasn't obvious i was tempbanned?

I joined the game you said to join, foo and you WERE IN THERE. so Shush. Also, how does the respec BS using the essences from hell work? I want to change my scorcs spec but I'm out of freebies.

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

20 Tiger Strike
    20 Phoenix Strike
    20 Dragon Claw

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go for the shadow master business personally, you have to pick up the block skill which is just brutal

I respecced and dumped my block point and wow, what an insane difference. Block is useful when you're going mano a mano with a hueg boss, but block lock will fuck your mother with a crowd. I'd rather just out-heal the incoming damage with lots of life leech.

Also, you can only use one of burst of speed, fade or venom. I can't see any situation where fade or venom would be better then burst of speed.

They changed it so you can have venom on top of fade/BoS.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I know about the one-of auras, but most get all three anyway for situational purposes.

And I'm quite confused. Are you saying don't get Dual Claw Mastery? What does Shadow Master have to do with that?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    He means in order to get Shadow Master you have to put a point into Weapon Block, which can be a bad thing in crowds. Blocking animations can take a lot of time and you can't move while they're going on, meaning you could get hit again, which makes blocking actually a bad thing in some situations (like when you're surrounded).

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You need Weapon Block to get Shadow Master

Weapon Block is a very dangerous skill to take.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You need Weapon Block to get Shadow Master

Weapon Block is a very dangerous skill to take.

If you need two claws for your build anyway.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dragon Claw is the 2 claw finisher, it's pretty tasty with two good claws

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ah! Right. My bad. Totally forgot about that skill.

Hm, so no Master then. Just me and my merc? Sounds like fun.

I'm guessing Might merc would be best?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In PAHL2 on my necro on the last part of act 2 and tryin to get through act 3 so I can hang out all day in chaos with the bot. Anyone come help? Fire and I can't get through it by ourselves :\

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You guys still having trouble? I can help.

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    anyone have any idea what an soj would be worth at the moment?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    20-25 fg or Vex

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hmm... i have an ohm...

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tempbanned, i dropped a ral and pamethyst in pamule

if they could be saved for 10 or so minutes i'd be ever so grateful

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sweet Necro is now lvl 60. Perfect time to call it for the night...be on tomorrow probably if anyone is down to do Hell Ancients I'll be pokin around looking. Thanks to everyone that showed up to rush lil ol me through Hell. Much appreciated.

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jeddy lee wrote: »

I recall having a druid who's tornadoes and huricanes wrecked shit, was ungodly powerful. Am I not remembering right? I think I also had a point in each summon so I could have distractions.

There's a difference between a point in a summon for distraction and a summoner build. But yes, wind druids can be really powerful.

EDIT: A lacerator can be a good weapon to keep in the stash on a summoner if you find yourself wanting to very easily apply amp damage to something.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Block Lock is fucking awful

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So am I crazy for thinking that there are a few weapons definitely worth upgrading to the Elite version of their Exceptional Unique? I mean the new rune words are boss, but Bartuc's leech is just so sexy, and I really want to make a Bowazon around the Goldstrike Arch that a random nightmare act 3 monster felt obliged to drop.

I swear something about the ladder or 1.10 but shit has been dropping like bathing suits at a spring break party.

Robman on