As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TENNIS] is a game about smacking balls

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Djokovic has also had a cakewalk of a draw. Multiple retirements. I think there was a stat that at one point he had only played six games over three matches or something...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Serena, oh no!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    YONEX YONEX YONEX

Oi Oi Oi

Very good match.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    TexiKen wrote: »
    YONEX YONEX YONEX

Oi Oi Oi

Very good match.

I couldn't believe they let Djokovic see the physio on a non-switchover game on Wawrinka's serve. If I was Stan I would have been pissed.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    It did seem like he was fed up with the gamesmanship, not looking at him on changeovers.

This new version of Stan since he won his titles, he feels like much more of a rival to Djokovic than Murray is.

• Options
    Ima resurrect this thread because whatever I do what I want.

This has been a great Australian Open. Djokovic and Murray lost early, Nadal and Federer are on a rehabbed tear that would be great to see in a final again, Stan is staying level, Dimitrov is the usual AO wildcard that goes deep, and Venus Williams is making a strong run for the first time in a decade.

• Options
    Oh dear lord please give me the Rafa Fed final we all want.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Williams/Williams final is pretty exciting!

• Options
    Williams/Williams (hope Venus wins)

Nadal/Federer (both came off five set matches so they should be even go Rafa win #15)

Bryan Brothers in another final.

Oh this is like the good old days.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Williams/Williams (hope Venus wins)

Nadal/Federer (both came off five set matches so they should be even go Rafa win #15)

Bryan Brothers in another final.

Oh this is like the good old days.

Ha, seriously. Get in a time machine to 2007 and say that. Throw in that Brady and Belichick are in the Super Bowl while you're at it.

Elites are gonna be elite.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Here we go. Go Roger! Oz is willing you on.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Yesssssss

• Options
    That was a really good final (compared to the totally decided before they went out match between the williams's'ss). Not like the '09 final but you could tell there was a sense of fun between the two being there one more time. And it didn't come across like a gimme yips final that has frankly been a problem in the ATP during Djokovic's reign.

Federer was playing smart, just blocking back serves like he always did with Roddick, and used Rafa's gameplan against him; instead of making Federer run he was hitting back to his feet for errors but Federer's backhand was on point and just opening up the court for returns. So was Rafa's actually, he did the tennis equivalent of breaking ankles with some slams on that two-hand.

Man I look forward to the French Open now, and that's what made it seem so calm between the two, Federer got one more to cement his legacy, Nadal feels like he's on point again, and we don't have to see Murray always pouting. This is tennis!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The Nadal/Federer era is definitely my favorite

• Options
    The Nadal/Federer era is definitely my favorite

Sampras/Agassi will probably always be in my heart as my favorite (because being an American growing up with those two at the top was pretty special and rare it seems), but yeah, the Nadal/Federer has been epic and that was before this last final because we all just assumed it was over. Go tennis!

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I appreciate the Sampras/Agassi era more now than when it was happening, likely because US men's tennis has really declined since then. I'm fearing something similar happening when the Williams sisters retire. Madison Keys seems to be the most consistent of the next batch, but I'm not entirely convinced she can make it over the hump.

I hope Coco's strong showing is a sign of things to come. Needs to work on her backhand and get more big match experience, but her serve and groundstrokes seem legit top tier.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'd honestly love to see Federer and Nadal split the remaining Grand Slam events this year.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Wanted Nadal to win, but I find it impossible to dislike either guy. Such humble, gracious speeches too. Hoping Rafa is back and injury free for a bit!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Protip: hitting an umpire in the face with a screamer will not help you win a match

• Options
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Hoping Nadal does well.

• Options
    Murray/Wawrinka SF

Thiem/Nadal SF

Anyone but Murray (but would love Nadal to win)

And I don't pay attention to the WTA stuff that much but it looks like one side of the draw is completely shattered while the 2 & 3 seeds are playing each other tomorrow in the SFs.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Novak... :cry:

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I'm done with Djokovic dominating finals personally

But then for me the best tennis I ever watched was the Nadal/Federer rivalry

Really hoping Nadal gets another notch on his belt, it'll make this year feel nostalgic

• Options
    Nadal/Wawrinka final! Both guys are great so either winner I'm fine with but would love to see Nadal win. Wawrinka had the longer match but that shouldn't be a factor with the extra day rest.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Nadal/Wawrinka final! Both guys are great so either winner I'm fine with but would love to see Nadal win. Wawrinka had the longer match but that shouldn't be a factor with the extra day rest.

It's going to be a fun match. Rafa finally looks like Rafa again, and Wawrinka has the sheer athletecism to make Nadal work.

Based on their performances this week, I do see Nadal getting slam number 15, but I think it'll be closer than a lot of pundits are calling for.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Nadal made it look effortless today, glad he got #15.

• Options
    Most importantly, though, #10 at Roland Garros, which is one of those records I think will stand a long damn time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Konta/Vekic at Wimbledon today was a freakin' epic. Really glad I had the time to watch that one.

• Options
    Classic Wimbledon joke:

Tim Henman's inability to get past a semi has left his wife very frustrated.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    It's motherfucking TENNIS TIME

What has two thumbs and two tickets to the men's single finals? THIS GUY

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    It's motherfucking TENNIS TIME

What has two thumbs and two tickets to the men's single finals? THIS GUY

If you decide to go mad with power and say dip your junk into somebody's strawberries and cream, be sure to have a companion snap some photos before the bobbies come to take you away.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Heckle the celebrities.

Call them posers.

Do it. Do ittttt.

I will paypal you 50 bucks (or whatever "quid" that amounts to) if you say it loud enough to be heard on TV.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I've only just noticed the typo in the thread title.

Rybarikova/Pliskova was outstanding. The ladies are bringing it this year.

Edit: Just caught the very last game of Kerber/Flipkens. Point still stands!

Jazz on
  • Options
    Heckle the celebrities.

Call them posers.

Do it. Do ittttt.

I will paypal you 50 bucks (or whatever "quid" that amounts to) if you say it loud enough to be heard on TV.

I'll toss in 50 quid or whatever as well for this noble cause.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Heckle the celebrities.

Call them posers.

Do it. Do ittttt.

I'll toss in 50 quid or whatever as well for this noble cause.

I could also do 50 lbs sterling, on the condition that Spaffy wears a Fruit Fucker shirt while heckling.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you serve out a match.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Konta continues to give us great matches.
    And becomes the first British lady to make the quarter finals since 1984!

• Options
    Tennis is exciting right now!

More specifically: this nadal/muller match. No spoilers but to point out it is good.

• Options
    The only question now, will Nadal/Muller equal the awe and majesty that was Isner/Mahut?

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Hey look, that match is over now.