As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e - MapTool] Game Over - Inactivus wins!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Large is ok, it's Huge that becomes problematic.

Rius on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I gotta stop doing stupid stuff. I will kill us all one of these days i tells ya.

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PepiPopa wrote: »
    I gotta stop doing stupid stuff. I will kill us all one of these days i tells ya.

Just wait 'til next week. I had to scramble after you blew the horn two sessions ago. I didn't really expect you to do that. You've chosen to take the harder path, but the rewards will be greater in the end... and a life of an ally hangs in the balance.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Still recruiting? o.O

Also, we've had a few sessions; how are you folks liking Kell mechanically? Any suggestions?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I prefer to have six players. It makes it easier on me if someone misses a session.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    shit dudes

i am on the road for work tomorrow

/rabble

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does that mean no game tonight? Heh.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No game. Internet out for unknown length of time. I apologize for this delay. Posting from my cell phone sucks.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No gaem ;(

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sorry about that. Had issues with internet that I couldn't rectify until much later in the week. On the bright side, I used the time without internet to plan ahead for the rest of the path through to the Eternal Sea.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hi guys, figured I would pop in and say that I plan to join you tomorrow. I'm sorry I missed the last couple of sessions, it was due to a mix of stress and plain forgetfulness. Hopefully it will not happen again any time soon.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I might be able to make it this time.

I hope I can! I don't get to contribute nearly as much as I would like.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I may or may not be able to run tonight. It depends on how much sleep I get today after taking my girlfriends daughter to Headstart and picking my girlfriend up halfway through the day for physical therapy when I would normally be sleeping. I will know by 5pm if I got enough sleep. I apologize in advance if things turn out badly.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Chances are good so far for a game tonight! :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There will be a game tonight! Server will be up shortly after 7pm. We are using MapTool version b76! It fixes some slow/laggy token movement issues. I`ve also got a surprise in store I think most of you will like. =)

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am the worst player :(

Turns out I am very forgetful when I am stressed, I am really sorry guys. I will do all I can to attend next session.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the great session last night folks. Hope the combat log helps keep people interested in roleplaying while combat takes place. Going to spend this next week working on the wiki and updating the session notes and recaps.

Vic - if you need to take some time off to get back on track, let me know.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just an fyi, but if you had not used fire against the fungal giants or sporebats a few sessions ago, you would have had the option to choose which path to take. The shorter, easier path or the longer, but more difficult and rewarding path.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just realized it's only been like ten days since you descended into the Crypt beneath Kalle. :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Been hard at work on the campaign stuff. Got 75% of the next segment done. I think you`ll all like it. Finally adding some new foes to the mix along weith some old enemies revisited. Your destination is something fun and I can`t wait!

Also, I finally got the saving throw macro working properly. It pops up a list of all states on your token and asks for a modifier to the save. Select the condition to dave against and it automatically removes it on a 10+ :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    skycaptain

if you somehow a way to make this 3d

you WILL have created the virtual tabletop that WoTC has failed to deliver for years

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There are other 4th edition frameworks out there that do more than mine does and do it better. Mine is just fast, whereas the others can take a few seconds to execute an attack.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Server up! Please log in and visit the Narrows map if you have time. This will speed up changing maps after the last encounter is finished. Same info as last week. PM if you need it.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am...so completely not going to be able to make it tonight on account of having a paper and two mini-papers due by the end of this week that need writing =/

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i can actually make it today!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm awake now and will begin the game once I have enough people logged on.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cant seem to connect dunno. Got a connection time out error.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ominous

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Getting the same error.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    PepiPopa wrote: »
    Getting the same error.

Are you using version b76?

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rebooting my computer just to be sure.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yep.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok, server back up.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    shoot... did you upgrade to b76... hang on a tic while i download that

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If everyone can show up early on Tuesday, we can get started as soon as we have enough players. Otherwise, start time will be 7pm eastern as usual.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    6pm central is about when I get home from work on a regular day =(

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I will persevere to make it early on Tuesday but the best I can reasonably guarantee is that 7pm eastern.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm game whenever you need me. Its like the middle of the night when we usually start so I'm fine either way.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok, 7pm eastern is it then. I'll try to finish the skill check macro tonight any anyone early enough can test it out.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Server up, did not get all of the skill check stuff done... but you can enter skills on your character sheet now! :mrgreen:

If you're saavy enough with coding, you can make your own skill check macro using these campaign props on y our characters: SkillNameTrained and SkillName. (Example AthleticsTrained, Athletics)

SkillNameTrained is a 0/1 variables. If it's 0, you're not trained. If it's 1, you're trained.
    SkillName is the sum of all your modifiers, excluding trained +5, ability score, and half-level modifier.

<b>Skill Check</b>: <i>[r: Skill = EnterNameOfSkill]</i> [r: 1d20 + if(eval(Skill + "Trained") == 1, 5, 0) + eval(Skill)] vs DC {DC}

This will let you enter the name of the skill by hand and print out to chat a roll vs a DC. No success checking or anything, but it's there.

SkyCaptain on