As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have a great day!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm glad I'm a girl, if I was a guy the insurance would be even worse for me.

I'm thinking of doing PassPlus which is night driving, motorway driving and stuff after my main test. Worth the investment.

Liiya on
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man after watching that recent episode of Dr Who I'm pretty damn chipper

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Which one? I shed a couple tears from the Van Gogh one.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

I'm thinking of doing PassPlus which is night driving, motorway driving and stuff after my main test. Worth the investment.

One of the most amusing things about delivering pizzas, was hearing the complaints about insurance from the other guys delivering in their sports cars.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yesterday, because I need insurance, I went to the DMV to get my licence. Called an insurance company so my registration can be fixed and they wanted 140.00 a month.

Only because I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer does that price effect me. They don't care that I've driven 150,000 miles with no accidents. 1 speeding ticket in 4 years.

That included the good driver discount. bs system

thedude_frombaywatch on

• Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man I am in the greatest mood now thanks to this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMophHw6iX4&feature=player_embedded

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Decius wrote: »

Which one? I shed a couple tears from the Van Gogh one.

That's the one brother

thedude_frombaywatch on

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yep, you girls have it better until the age of about 45. Then you get more expensive.

But by that point its about 150 quid for the year. :/

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yukira wrote: »

One of the most amusing things about delivering pizzas, was hearing the complaints about insurance from the other guys delivering in their sports cars.

There's no way I'd deliver for work in my own car!

Insurance is going to be a major drain on my wages :?

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yesterday, because I need insurance, I went to the DMV to get my licence. Called an insurance company so my registration can be fixed and they wanted 140.00 a month.

Only because I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer does that price effect me. They don't care that I've driven 150,000 miles with no accidents. 1 speeding ticket in 4 years.

Do you have any idea on the claims ratios for Mitsubishi lancers?

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I stood up in front of a class of 7 people and gave a not bad presentation on Alzheimer's Disease.

I didn't pass out and my habit of speaking 40 words a second was brought under control for the most part.

I'd like to thank Johnny Walker Black for his assistance in mellowing me out, always being there for me and reducing my fear of public speaking.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Silmaril wrote: »

Do you have any idea on the claims ratios for Mitsubishi lancers?

But I ignored everyone and went with the ES model :[

thedude_frombaywatch on

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    I'm listening to this and having a good day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9i28NoBdrM

gonna go pick my cousin up from the airport in a little bit

I haven't heard this one yet!

Is it new?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I really dislike talking in front of people if I have to talk about a specific subject, but don't mind it at all if I'm goofing off.

Never had a problem playing in front of a few thousand people for football, either.

Still can't maintain my composure for public speaking.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited June 2010

They paid $0.25 per mile for gas on top of higher than minimum wage due to the wear and tear delivery could put on the car on top of tips.

Driving a 1993 Honda Civic EX in 2004 let me make bank while I had this job. I'd spend about $20 in gas every 3 days and be making about $60 in tips every day.

Yukira on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't even care what this thread is about now.
    What's going good in your life?

1) Javen

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This thread is still about good days and good things, Sheri!

I'm glad things are going good for you.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    oh my fucking god

I just found that link to gabe's D&D page (http://www.penny-arcade.com/gabednd/) with his Dusk adventure, and his wagon battle adventure is the perfect fucking thing to wrap up my current adventure with.

Hell, I can even use his concert adventure as a stand-alone little adventure. I could have my bard, once they get back to town, asked to play, and it turns into a battle of the bands where I can introduce a rival bard who converts the audience into a rioting angry mob

god damn I love D&D

not gonna lie, this makes me want to learn to play really badly

I want to build some sort of virtual online board to run a game on.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

They paid $0.25 per mile for gas on top of higher than minimum wage due to the wear and tear delivery could put on the car on top of tips.

Driving a 1993 Honda Civic EX in 2004 let me make bank while I had this job. I'd spend about $20 in gas every 3 days and be making about $60 in tips every day.

That's not so bad, I guess I'm just going to have to be careful with my money!

Liiya on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thank you for making this thread DL

it brought a smile to my face and I'm pretty sure I spread it to a few other people around the office

Squall on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    thank you for making this thread DL

it brought a smile to my face and I'm pretty sure I spread it to a few other people around the office

:^:

This is excellent news!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Man, I am programming the shit out of this version reporting page.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Next month I get a free week in Orlando for training so I can hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a while and do some dinner.

Yes yes let's do this thing

Sheri on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    oh my fucking god

I just found that link to gabe's D&D page (http://www.penny-arcade.com/gabednd/) with his Dusk adventure, and his wagon battle adventure is the perfect fucking thing to wrap up my current adventure with.

Hell, I can even use his concert adventure as a stand-alone little adventure. I could have my bard, once they get back to town, asked to play, and it turns into a battle of the bands where I can introduce a rival bard who converts the audience into a rioting angry mob

god damn I love D&D

I think I'd be way more comfortable with that sort of setup, the dudes at the comic shop are exceedingly creepy whenever I visit

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think my favorite part about today was texting people and telling them to have a good day.

The responses were worth it!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It is super-good

He is now moved in and we have computer desks right next to each other and it is super cute

We were just arguing over who makes the relationship more adorable

We are becoming THOSE people

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sheri wrote: »

It is super-good

He is now moved in and we have computer desks right next to each other and it is super cute

You are too happy for me to be sorry anymore Sheri.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think my favorite part about today was texting people and telling them to have a good day.

r u high?

Gai

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

r u high?

Gai

more like

"miss you"

"love you"

"thank you, you too!"

"what's gotten in to you?"

"you're unusually chipper this morning"

etc

it was good stuff.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I really dislike talking in front of people if I have to talk about a specific subject, but don't mind it at all if I'm goofing off.

Never had a problem playing in front of a few thousand people for football, either.

My brain was aware I had nothing to worry about, but from the tongue down my body argued the contrary. You better believe I was throwing in silly comments and jokes whenever there was an opening.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sheri wrote: »

It is super-good

You have turned into me and Leanna.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

You are a ray of sunshine:D

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh my fucking god

god damn I love D&D

I think I'd be way more comfortable with that sort of setup, the dudes at the comic shop are exceedingly creepy whenever I visit

I'll count you in.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Speeding can waste gas.

Also, depending on how old your vehicle is, it might be a better idea just to get liability insurance on it. My car was considered "totaled" due to a hail storm that left little, but barely noticeable dents all over the body so I just stick with $53 a month insurance.

The newer your car is, the better it is to get full coverage.

Yukira on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well I finally have a job, and I think I'm pulling myself together. It is excellent

Though I wish the keys on this FUCKING LAPTOP would work

Plus I have a load of 'The Comic Strip Presents' left to watch, which is really properly excellent. Good work on the feel-good thread, DL

Quirk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh my fucking god

god damn I love D&D

Wasn't 4th edition supposed to have some kind of "online" aspect where players could go into a private chat room and have a map they could all make use of? Even had tiles and little miniatures just like the actual board game. I vaguely recall seeing a demo of it prior to 4th Editions release.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

My brain was aware I had nothing to worry about, but from the tongue down my body argued the contrary. You better believe I was throwing in silly comments and jokes whenever there was an opening.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about.

It's good to hear that you did well on your speech!

t Liiya: aww thanks

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Speeding can waste gas.

Also, depending on how old your vehicle is, it might be a better idea just to get liability insurance on it. My car was considered "totaled" due to a hail storm that left little, but barely noticeable dents all over the body so I just stick with $53 a month insurance.

The newer your car is, the better it is to get full coverage.

I'm definitely thinking of full coverage, whatever I end up getting I'll be keeping for a long time.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Quirk wrote: »
    Well I finally have a job, and I think I'm pulling myself together. It is excellent

Though I wish the keys on this FUCKING LAPTOP would work

Plus I have a load of 'The Comic Strip Presents' left to watch, which is really properly excellent. Good work on the feel-good thread, DL

thanks, buddy!

hope your laptop issues get squared away post haste

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't help but think "someone in this room knows more about this subject than I do and they can tell i'm bullshitting my ass off."

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig