[WoW] The [chat] thread of not bitching about RealID

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So it turns out that my level 72 arcane mage consistently does 1600+ dps on bosses in UK and Nexus.

I just de-retired my old level 80 combat rogue with Brewfest mace and reasonable entry level gear, and she has trouble getting past 2k DPS. I guess Combat really isn't the way forward anymore. Too bad I'm gonna have to take her to Icecrown 5-mans so she can get proper daggers and go muti. I wonder how many times she'll get kicked out for general suckiness. :(

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    So it turns out that my level 72 arcane mage consistently does 1600+ dps on bosses in UK and Nexus.

I just de-retired my old level 80 combat rogue with Brewfest mace and reasonable entry level gear, and she has trouble getting past 2k DPS. I guess Combat really isn't the way forward anymore. Too bad I'm gonna have to take her to Icecrown 5-mans so she can get proper daggers and go muti. I wonder how many times she'll get kicked out for general suckiness. :(

If you pull 2k, almost never. There is almost always someone worse than that.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's.. Pretty much my rogue too.
    Really very depressing.

Rizzi on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My mostly-232ish geared Mutilate Rogue pulls over 4k, aw yeah.

He's awful. :(

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Since it needs to be spread more...

-

Oh my god, right click save as.

So, two weeks of attempts (sans the one day the server was down), no pet. The year before that? No pet. The year before that? No pet. Hundreds of attempts overall.

I really wish the worst case of syphilis on the goose who favors the RNG on the dev team.

Halfmex on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's probably been done many times over, but I'd like to thank whoever it was who decided that players would much rather stand around and queue for the world boss, and then play with 4 random idiots for one shot at rare loot, rather than go in with 4 people you know and get 5 chances at whatever it is that you actually need for your toon. At the last brewfest event I came out with my shaman decked out in full trinkets and dual-wielding the steins, with a resto trinket for whenever I made the switch to resto. This time around, my mage has been running the dungeon every day since it began for one fucking staff and it's not happening.

Also, and I know this has been stated, fuck RNG.

Kreutz on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    It's probably been done many times over, but I'd like to thank whoever it was who decided that players would much rather stand around and queue for the world boss, and then play with 4 random idiots for one shot at rare loot, rather than go in with 4 people you know and get 5 chances at whatever it is that you actually need for your toon. At the last brewfest event I came out with my shaman decked out in full trinkets and dual-wielding the steins, with a resto trinket for whenever I made the switch to resto. This time around, my mage has been running the dungeon every day since it began for one fucking staff and it's not happening.

Also, and I know this has been stated, fuck RNG.

I'm not sure what your issue is. Is it that you have to queue for Ahune through LFD? Because you can do that with a full group, I'm pretty sure.

If it's that you only have one shot a day at the pet/staff, that's a bit more of a legitimate complaint. Although, I'm personally happy to not feel compelled to run Ahune all day to get something I need.

Easy for me to say, though, since I've gotten the pet and had two bags with the staff so far.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would like the pet but I have a feeling it's not going to drop
    What I would like to see if with the upcomming Cata event they have it where people of 10+ can do it and get the pet or whatever else they offer instead of just 80's

Brainleech on
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Late to the party, but just done the FoS/PoS/HoR questline for the first time yesterday, and it is AWESOME. Are there more quests of a similar quality in cata?

chidona on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Halfmex wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Since it needs to be spread more...

-

Oh my god, right click save as.

So, two weeks of attempts (sans the one day the server was down), no pet. The year before that? No pet. The year before that? No pet. Hundreds of attempts overall.

I really wish the worst case of syphilis on the goose who favors the RNG on the dev team.

I usually have good luck with the holiday pets. This year, 3 characters every day and not a one. Did get several copies of the weapon, though, but it doesn't do any of those characters any good.

Tomanta on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd be pissed off if this was another halloween squashling incident and the pet/scythe were needed for an achievement, which in turn is needed for the meta holiday and super meta/violet drake.

As is, they're 100% vanity items, and if I don't get them, then I don't get them. I'm not going to be a goose and get pissy over it. I'd much rather have these vanity items be akin to lottery winnings rather than be borderline required.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If it's that you only have one shot a day at the pet/staff, that's a bit more of a legitimate complaint. Although, I'm personally happy to not feel compelled to run Ahune all day to get something I need.
    That's my issue. They drastically reduced the amount of opportunities players had to obtain these things (which had shit drop rates to begin with), then didn't even have the decency to increase the bloody drop rates. It's ridiculous. RNG should not be a factor in once-a-year events.

Halfmex on
    edited July 2010
    That's my issue. They drastically reduced the amount of opportunities players had to obtain these things (which had shit drop rates to begin with), then didn't even have the decency to increase the bloody drop rates. It's ridiculous. RNG should not be a factor in once-a-year events.

Which would suggest that every person should get the pet, provided they even try? I don't know. I think you should be able to increase your chances of getting the pet by running it more, but I don't think it should ever be a guarantee to get it just by participating in the event. I like the idea of having a pet that others don't because I got lucky. If I don't get it it's not the end of the world, but then I'm not really a pet collector.

It's not part of the achievement, is it?

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited July 2010

Which would suggest that every person should get the pet, provided they even try? I don't know. I think you should be able to increase your chances of getting the pet by running it more, but I don't think it should ever be a guarantee to get it just by participating in the event. I like the idea of having a pet that others don't because I got lucky. If I don't get it it's not the end of the world, but then I'm not really a pet collector.

It's not part of the achievement, is it?
    Nope, not part of the achievement.

It's not the end of the world or anything, nothing in this game is, but there are a LOT of pet collectors out there (look no further than Blizzard's store for evidence of that), and the development team is well-aware of the fact that the "gotta catch 'em all" feeling that a lot of pet collectors have. I'm fine with things being random where appropriate, but when you have a very limited amount of time to obtain something, and then limited attempts within said short timeframe to obtain that thing, that's when it goes too far in my opinion.

I mean, people got the Wolpertinger (Brewfest) and Spirit of Summer via vendors and that was fine to everyone, but somehow it's okay to put the scorchling (now frostling) and the oozeling from the valentines event on some very limited attempt drop table. There's just no consistency, and given that these things don't affect gameplay in any way, I don't see why there would be any harm in making them easily obtainable. To at least be able say you got something out of the event. I got four scythes this year and I can't even use the fucking things.

Halfmex on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How would you feel if the droprate was something like 50%, but you statistically "struck out" each and every time? Would you be fine that you had a fair shot every time but lost, or would you just be equally as pissed off?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I solo'd Ahune last year and got the little fire pet the first time.

I honestly didn't know whether it was rare or not until people started cussing me out in raids.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited July 2010
    I seem to have pretty good luck with pets. On two different characters I've gotten the Phoenix Hatchling soloing MgT in one shot. Which is great, because both times I've resolved never to solo that place again.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited July 2010
    How would you feel if the droprate was something like 50%, but you statistically "struck out" each and every time? Would you be fine that you had a fair shot every time but lost, or would you just be equally as pissed off?
    Still the same situation, really. My beef is that the RNG is a factor for these things in the first place. For something like mounts, it's a bit more understandable because those affect gameplay. Not so for pets. If it's available year-round, the RNG is fine, it's 'farmable'. But for something available for a week or two out of a year? That's just ridiculous. Even if the droprate were 99% there'd still be a number of people screwed out of their drops, and that's just silly in my opinion.

Halfmex on
    edited July 2010
    Still the same situation, really. My beef is that the RNG is a factor for these things in the first place. For something like mounts, it's a bit more understandable because those affect gameplay. Not so for pets. If it's available year-round, the RNG is fine, it's 'farmable'. But for something available for a week or two out of a year? That's just ridiculous. Even if the droprate were 99% there'd still be a number of people screwed out of their drops, and that's just silly in my opinion.

Unless a mount is 310%, how does it affect gameplay? Mounts aren't any less cosmetic than pets, for the most part.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited July 2010
    Unless a mount is 310%, how does it affect gameplay? Mounts aren't any less cosmetic than pets, for the most part.
    Well it affects gameplay, however minimally, more than a pet does. Just by virtue of being a mount (and two of the three holiday mounts are scaleable), it actually provides a function to the player where a pet does not. That said, I'm not wild about those being on the RNG for yearly events either.

Halfmex on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I seem to have pretty good luck with pets. On two different characters I've gotten the Phoenix Hatchling soloing MgT in one shot. Which is great, because both times I've resolved never to solo that place again.

Oh god I was hated for the rest of BC because I got that phoenix pet the first time I ran magT on the first day it was released... still no pet for this holiday though. but to be fair i haven't been on much to do it every day

initiatefailure on
  • ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I didn't get the pet off Ahune, but my luck evens out: I didn't even know the phoenix pet in Mgt was rare until a few months after I got it, because I got it first time I soloed it.

Possible solution: I've read that Blizzard uses increasing possibility for quest item drops. For example, kill one mob and not get the item, your chance to get it increases, and so on until it drops for you. Perhaps they could make it so that if you kill Ahune 10 or so times, the next time you loot the bag it's 100% guaranteed for you.

ImperiusV on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mankrik has gone on a killing spree
    wowscrnshot061310113600.jpg

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Because one of them is a FUCKING HORSE WITH FLAMING HOOVES THAT RIDES THROUGH THE AIR.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Mankrik has gone on a killing spree
    wowscrnshot061310113600.jpg

That banner is either sticking out of his spine or he's holding it up with his butt cheeks.

reVerse on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where is Mankrik's strife?

Henroid on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mankrik became a Blademaster?
    Awesome.

Rizzi on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So apparently the BB guards take the day off when the booze comes out.

That's both awful and awesome.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Booty Bay, lawless land of ganking.

Well, fuck that place as a quest hub.

Henroid on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey you know those quests at certain levels that get you super fast easy xp? Like the turn ins at lights hope chapel? Are there more of those? I'm a hordie at the moment, just wondering if there's a list somewhere of all the easy turn in quests and whatnot.

SniperGuy on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The dark iron scraps and other items? That's it I am sorry to say

Brainleech on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hey you know those quests at certain levels that get you super fast easy xp? Like the turn ins at lights hope chapel? Are there more of those? I'm a hordie at the moment, just wondering if there's a list somewhere of all the easy turn in quests and whatnot.

Unidentified Plant Parts in Zangamarsh. First thing I do after I get bored or tired of Hellfire is use those to get my Cenarian rep to honored with those things.

Tomanta on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone want to send me a scroll of resurrection?

As a fair warning, I don't plan on resubbing, just want to fuck around for a bit/see how it runs on a computer thats actually meant for gaming :lol: Might get more than 5 fps in dal now.

email is my username @gmail.com

Zerokku on
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought you couldn't use a scroll on an account with WotLK?

iguanacus on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That would be news to me

As well as extremely fucking retarded.

Zerokku on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When I last checked (probably about 9 months ago), the FAQ pretty explicitly stated it didn't work with WotLK accounts. I haven't looked since then.

In actual practice, I've heard all sorts of things. Some people have said it rejected them, and others have claimed it worked fine. I really dunno.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know the issue was brought up a few pages back but i'd like to provide some personal experience to the whole "tagging instances before you can queue" argument.

I'm currently in the 66 bracket of dungeons, i can get groups instantly due to being a healer but whenever i specifically queue for Caverns of time: Durnholde I end up waiting an hour or so with the various roles of dps and tanks blinking in and out the whole time. Nobody bothers with finding it.

Obviously this isn't the best example since the dungeons in cata most likely won't be locked until you do a quest but currently finding a groups for durnholde and black morass is one of the more difficult tasks to accomplish.

this is just my experience though, I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone.

Inter_d on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inter_d wrote: »
    I know the issue was brought up a few pages back but i'd like to provide some personal experience to the whole "tagging instances before you can queue" argument.

I'm currently in the 66 bracket of dungeons, i can get groups instantly due to being a healer but whenever i specifically queue for Caverns of time: Durnholde I end up waiting an hour or so with the various roles of dps and tanks blinking in and out the whole time. Nobody bothers with finding it.

Obviously this isn't the best example since the dungeons in cata most likely won't be locked until you do a quest but currently finding a groups for durnholde and black morass is one of the more difficult tasks to accomplish.

this is just my experience though, I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone.

I saw the same thing when I leveled alts through there. No one wanted to take the time to run through the quest to get attuned. In fact, I don't believe I ever got it since the LFD came out. I'd like to believe that if they changed the system so you couldn't run a dungeon without going to it first and doing a quest or something that that would change - though probably only for current content. If CoT instances were current, I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem.

L Ron Howard on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zerokku wrote: »
    That would be news to me

As well as extremely fucking retarded.

Panda4You on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Having people visit a dungeon once so they know where it is sounds good in theory but in practice it falls apart. Even if you can get people visit it there will still be the ones who can't find the entrance.

Should just have an option to have the LFD tool teleport their ghosts to the dungeon imo.

Poketpixie on
This discussion has been closed.