Options

[WoW] The [chat] thread of not bitching about RealID

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    I may have to give that some thought. I would def like to find a better home before Cata ships.

If you create a character there, add my Priest, Niotma. I can help you get started with some seed cash and give you someone to talk to at least.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I do anything I will just server transfer. I dont have it in me to level up another toon from scratch :lol:

Mutilate on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I may transfer my Draenei Paladin or my Gnome Rogue come Cata. Dunno which.

I'm more willing to roll a new character since I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of paying for a server transfer and a faction change.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    If I do anything I will just server transfer. I dont have it in me to level up another toon from scratch :lol:
    Every time a WOW player chooses not to start a Worgen, a kitten dies.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, there really should be some kind of discount available if you get multiple services for one character.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Think of it this way, all that money you are spending on server and faction change for the same toon will go towards Blizzard hiring more customer service reps to help you when your account is hacked. That's some serious karma right there, son.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have an authenticator on my account now, so I doubt my account's going anywhere anytime soon.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there any reason MMO Champion is giving me error 502 (Bad gateway)?

Henroid on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is there any reason MMO Champion is giving me error 502 (Bad gateway)?

Sounds like they are having server issues.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Err, you sure? I was almost sure TBC was November too. Blizzard is pretty dead set on that November thing, because it lets them release the expansion on/near the WoW anniversary date.

It was definitely January.

I vaguely remember my classes had just started at the time.

Huh. I must have been in some kind of strange time warp or something when TBC came out.

I have a chatlog with a guildmate from the night it was released, and I bailed out temporarily to make the midnight launch to pick up my copy. :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have an old email from Blizzard when WoW's street date was announced back in 2004. It had Jeff Kaplan talking about "raids" and one of his examples was a bunch of level 15s "raiding" Deadmines to kill VanCleef.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I have an old email from Blizzard when WoW's street date was announced back in 2004. It had Jeff Kaplan talking about "raids" and one of his examples was a bunch of level 15s "raiding" Deadmines to kill VanCleef.

They thought Hogger would be too intense for a first time raid.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, weren't character limits in instances only implemented sometime after WoW first launched?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Yeah, weren't character limits in instances only implemented sometime after WoW first launched?

That's how I remember it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Well you used to have to go through BRD to get to MC, so...

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited July 2010

They didn't have the shortcut available right away?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Nope, you literally had to steamroll BRD with 40 people.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Nope, you literally had to steamroll BRD with 40 people.

That sounds fucking awesome.

Edit - Also, OMG OMG WRONG USE OF "LITERALLY" OMG

Henroid on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SOME instance limits were put into place in Beta as I remember. They were just alot higher then they are now (like 15 for BRS and Strat and such)

shryke on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I missed out on 10-man Strat. I wish I could've experienced it. D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Beta Question: Does anyone know how flying between continents is handled now? I hope you don't have to use a ship.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "So how do you get into MC?"
    "Go through BRD with 39 others."
    "Ugh, is there a quicker way?"
    "Yeah go through this window here...like so..."
    *warps to instance*
    "Wow! My turn! GERONIMO!"
    *dies a fiery death*
    "...after you do the atunement quest from the elf nearby."
    :(

EDIT: Early in vanilla, you could raid any instance and complete the quests that way. They changed that pretty quickly but a lot of people had cleared all their quest chains by then.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Edit - Also, OMG OMG WRONG USE OF "LITERALLY" OMG
    smiley-finger007.gif

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought the limit on live was a 15 man raid in an instance.

I have a distinct memory of raiding deadmines with like 15 people.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Septus wrote: »
    Beta Question: Does anyone know how flying between continents is handled now? I hope you don't have to use a ship.

The continents are different server blocks. I doubt they'll ever let you fly by yourself between them.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah, I raided Deadmines with like 17 or 18 people, levels 12-16. It was down to about 10 or so by the end due to people quitting from it being so hard.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

15-man Scholo was where it was at. I remember that place being so stupidly hard, and we all wanted the D0 (or was it D1) head. Now, I run in out of spite and clear the place.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought the limit on live was a 15 man raid in an instance.

I have a distinct memory of raiding deadmines with like 15 people.

At launch, you could take 40 players into any instance. It was in Patch 1.3 (March '05) they first put limits on instances:
    All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:

* Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
    * Blackrock Spire - 15 members
    * Diremaul - 5 members

All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of this change. In addition, will have their loot improved significantly for the next content patch.

Those numbers persisted until Patch 1.10 in March '06:
    Along with the new Armor Sets, the high-level 5-10 man dungeons have received some changes regarding loot. Many items have been improved in quality and use. In addition, several epic items, such as Headmaster's Charge and the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare, have had their drop rates significantly increased. In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

15-man Scholo was where it was at. I remember that place being so stupidly hard, and we all wanted the D0 (or was it D1) head. Now, I run in out of spite and clear the place.

Good ol' Scholo. I only got to run it after it was 5-manned. But I played it when I was crippled on dialup. It was the worst instance to do for me because until we had cleared the place out to the half-way point, I was lagging like a motherfuck because the instance sits on itself, and the game loads things around you in a cylinder. So every floor of the place was active and mobs were moving and my dialup was barely keeping with it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I remember doing 15-man UBRS and 10-man Stratholme, and finishing Strat with only 5 people was considered an accomplishment. Those were the days...

I can't remember if we usually took 15 or 10 people to Scholo. Either way it sucked.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love scholomance. Really atmospheric old instance, and the one boss in the crypt was a cool fight.

Unfortunately it was really long and kind of annoying and half the bosses had some weird special shit you needed to do to summon them.

It was also really fun running it as a warlock. I don't remember know why we were back there as level 70s, but for some reason we needed to farm it, and seed pulling fifty mobs through the walls was always a fun time.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My old guild was the first Alliance uberguild on the server. We were hardcore because we raided UBRS, Scholo, and Strat every night and didn't wipe. It was pretty hardcore at the time.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been getting more and more scam emails lately:
    Greetings!

Our goal is to make the experience may be the most blizzard games, so we hope to get epic of your feedback for registered users of world of warcraft. We invite you to join an online survey in your feedback will help us to decide what will we focus on the next few months.

[Fake URL]

If you are unable to successfully verify your password .
    using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at [email link]. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
    Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment [/email]

They are typed out in very good engrish.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Remember when you could bet in-game on the Shimmering Flats races ? Man, did Blizzard pull that out of the game quickly.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Remember when you could bet in-game on the Shimmering Flats races ? Man, did Blizzard pull that out of the game quickly.

Really? I never knew about that.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Wait what? I never heard about that. O_o

Also I love the sig.

Henroid on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I swear I remember doing that, though I've never found any evidence for it except a few people mentioning how much they'd love to do it (this was back during BC, before Vanilla content became the barren wasteland it is today).

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Have to visit a dungeon now to queue for it?

Makes sense for max level instances, but holy fuck is that ever a bad idea for old world instances.

edit: I just realized how dumb it is to call them that since old world is the new new world...

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RFC, WC, DM/VC and Stockades are exempt from the "have to visit first" rule.

Opty on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Argh. I'm trying to gear my paladin up, so I figure I'll do the Icecrown 5 mans a bunch of times.
    Every time something I need drops someone needs it for "offspec". I always manage to roll a fucking 10 or lower when this happens.
    Fucking. Hell.

Rizzi on
This discussion has been closed.