As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sci-Fi Original Shows Warehouse 13 and Eureka RULE

freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jonesand his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
So I woke up this morning to find that The Sci-Fi Channel had started the new season of Warehouse 13 yesterday, and it's up on Hulu now!

What is Warehouse 13, you ask? Only one of the coolest shows on The Sci-Fi Channel, about tied with Eureka.

It's got this smooth motherfucker,

SaulRubinek.jpg

Saul Rubinek, as Artie. He knows pretty much everything about everything regarding the Warehouse.

eddie_mcclintock.jpg

Eddie McClintock is one of the secret service agents reassigned to the Warehouse. Lookit that face. So lovable.

220px-10.17.09JoanneKellyByLuigiNovi2.jpg

Joanne Kelly is his partner and goddamn is she fine. BAM.

And my personal favorite,

180px-24.10.09_Alison_Scagliotti_by_TaniaRicardo.jpg

Claudia, the tech girl.

I don't care who's in it, what the fuck is this show?

It's kind of like The Lost Room crossed with The X-Files crossed with SCP. The premise is that Warehouse 13 is this storage facility for all kinds of objects with unique properties; for example, Tesla's lab coat, which becomes magnetized more and more as it comes into contact with metal. Or Dante's death mask, which creates this huge inferno whenever anything crosses its gaze. The two agents travel around the country/world looking for more of these unique objects to prevent them from causing all kinds of havoc, battling antagonists all the way.

I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it before, and if you have, watch the Season 2 premiere.

Now featuring Eureka!

Which also premiered this week. I haven't watched it yet, but I loved this last season. Especially this lady.
jaime-ray-newman.jpg

I would do all kinds of things to her.

freakish light on

• Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can we just all agree to keep calling it the Sci-Fi channel?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    People watch Sci-Fi original series?

Monoxide on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i saw a poster for this the other day and thought it looked hilarious

satansfingers on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Sci-Fi original series are usually pretty good. It's the movies that are asspoundingly bad.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea, that was a solid start to the new season last night.
    I would make out with HG Wells too

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Claudia is adorable.

And Jewel Staite is gonna guest spot next week!

So two really cute chicks on the show at once!

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Eh, not really interested.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Before I dropped cable, we made a regular habit of watching this show.

Artie is played perfectly the main characters don't suck at all! It was actually a pretty enjoyable little show, if a bit campy from time to time.

The fact that it is on Hulu makes me smile. I'll have to check it out again soon.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I enjoyed the couple episodes of this I've seen.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Its like somebody saw the last 5 minutes of Raiders of the Lost Ark and went "ooooooooh....that could be good."

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What is SCP?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    What is SCP?

It's this online wiki full of "artifacts", sort of like if everybody could make their own Warehouse 13 object.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/

I haven't read a lot of them, but so far this is my favorite: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-914

freakish light on
  • Options
    wetflamewetflame Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, hey. I like this show. It's pretty great. There's a sense of humour about it all, but it's not too tongue-in-cheek, and the cast is a good one. Plus there's been a bunch of guest stars from all those sci-fi shows you love. Also, this show is having a cross-over with Eureka soon, or so I have been led to believe. Everyone should give it a shot. I'm definitely glad it's back.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There are at least two too many instances of Syfy in that OP but otherwise I wish I could watch this show.

Sadly I can't.

Also I still have to watch the last bit of Doctor Who and the last bit of Fringe and the rest of Wire in the Blood and Avatar. Which I never get around to doing.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    What is SCP?

It's this online wiki full of "artifacts", sort of like if everybody could make their own Warehouse 13 object.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/

I haven't read a lot of them, but so far this is my favorite: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-914

I particularly enjoy reading about the "Decommissioned" artifacts. Well, less the artifacts themselves, more the decommissionings.

see317 on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like this show a lot, sometimes despite itself.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I also like this show.

Someone should make a Eureka thread. Especially now that it has 100% more Gaius Baltar.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    a show can never have too much Gaius Baltar

god i miss BSG

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love you the most Dr. Baltar.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    I like this show a lot, sometimes despite itself.

this show is fucking EXCELLENT.

Been a huge fan since it premiered last year.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i don't know if it is excellent but it is pretty good and i find the characters endearing

kind of sad that right in this first new episode
    they killed off last season's villain

they replaced him with a hot chick, which is kind of cool, but still

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Quoth wrote: »
    i don't know if it is excellent but it is pretty good and i find the characters endearing

As soon as the chick showed up, I totally called that she was HG Wells. I mean, I'm sure everyone else did, but I just want to make sure you all know that I'm smart and cool like everyone else.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Great show, and a solid season premiere. Kind of disappointed that they pieced together the mole so easily.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There. Now we're all-purpose and SyFy free.

freakish light on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Quoth wrote: »

It is excellent, you shut your face!

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Great show, and a solid season premiere. Kind of disappointed that they pieced together the mole so easily.

Yeah, they wrapped things up back to the status quo (more or less) really fast. I don't know how much I believe the "Mrs. Frederic's dreams REVEAL ALL" thing. At least expected it to take another episode.

And the Leena twist was kind of a copout.

freakish light on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    just watched the S1 pilot

it was really good!

almost ghostbusters-esque

Faricazy on
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    New season of Eureka is going to be so great.

Lordaen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I approve of the encompassing of Eureka and Warehouse 13, as both shows are fantastic. Very happy to have both these shows back, and interested to see where Eureka goes with this little twist. Could make for some good storylines. Hopefully we won't just see everyone get used to the new way things are immediately and that's it.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stargate Universe and Warehouse 13 are my favoritess

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    wetflame wrote: »
    I approve of the encompassing of Eureka and Warehouse 13, as both shows are fantastic. Very happy to have both these shows back, and interested to see where Eureka goes with this little twist. Could make for some good storylines. Hopefully we won't just see everyone get used to the new way things are immediately and that's it.

They're pretty good at sticking fundamental changes into the show and rolling with it. What with the massive retcon after Season 1 and killing off Stark mid-season, I think the status quo's inherent instability kind of underscores how weird and unpredictable the town can be.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I need to start watching Eureka. I think they have it streaming on Netflix.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sadly, no, but for what it's worth I'd netflix the DVDs. It's such a good show.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    See Eureka know who to do Sci-Fi.

"You thought you had a handle on this show? Well hah! Everything you knew is diffreent now! Why? SCIENCE!"

Also Baltar is going to be a great addition.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited July 2010

They're pretty good at sticking fundamental changes into the show and rolling with it. What with the massive retcon after Season 1 and killing off Stark mid-season, I think the status quo's inherent instability kind of underscores how weird and unpredictable the town can be.

Oh, I agree with that. What I meant was that I hope those changes lead to some interesting storyline ideas and they go places with it, rather than them all erasing their memories of the previous timeline or just saying "that's weird!" and then it has no other effect on the show. I have faith that they'll use it well though.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I swear I saw Season 1 of Eureka on Netflix instant last night ...

But I've already seen most of season 1, so this is a moot point until I finish Avatar, and I think I'd rather see Dexter or something else after that. Damn you Netflix, trying to fit years of television into so many precious hours.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Oh, I agree with that. What I meant was that I hope those changes lead to some interesting storyline ideas and they go places with it, rather than them all erasing their memories of the previous timeline or just saying "that's weird!" and then it has no other effect on the show. I have faith that they'll use it well though.

I'm really unhappy with
    the changes to Zane. The loved the dynamic between him and Jo.

Besides that, I agree that they could do some really interesting and entertaining things with the twist.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »

I'm really unhappy with
    the changes to Zane. The loved the dynamic between him and Jo.

Besides that, I agree that they could do some really interesting and entertaining things with the twist.

Well he was a criminal when originally introduced. I liked how he was just a normal smart guy who wasn't a jerk to the Sheriff like most of them.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Just watched last night's Warehouse 13. Fairly average episode, nice to see Simon and Kaylee again though. Don't know whether it was a low budget thing or just bad design ideas, but that "Iron Shadow" costume was pretty terrible. If you're going to call your superhero the Iron Shadow, then don't make the costume purple. Or have no iron. Looked like a luchador. Hopefully next week will be better.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I really miss exposure.

It's the show that introduced me to some fantastic short films, including some amazing animated work.

Like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhEOxrnIM5s

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204