Options

[Team Fortress 2] TF2Maps.net Art Pass Mapping Contest!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also I'm slowly going back to the regular rocket launcher. the splash..it's just so good.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    won't be the same

although you are a silly goose sooo

We could all use Aimbots! Oh oh oh. We could have a Billy Mitchel Memorial "fun match" where everyone gets to cheat their hearts out. Imagine entire teams using aimbots, wallhacks and speed hacks.

Then three months down the road, everyone going "Hey, I just got VAC banned, wtf? Fuck steam! "

Does VAC care if you use cheats/hacks on non-VAC servers?

considering it can't see those, no!

but i still wouldn't risk it with tf2 sooo

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wait why would you want iowa?

Like, you want to lose or somethin?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What's this? I leave town for 3 weeks and come back to golden wrenches, people fisting machines, and some sort of vertical map? Well look out, here I come.
    Of course the engineer update comes out while I'm gone.
    Yes I know 3 weeks is a long time...

ShadowofVT on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    also I'm slowly going back to the regular rocket launcher. the splash..it's just so good.

There is no contest

Direct hit sucks

tofu on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I kill people with splash from the direct hit.

It makes them so mad.

its like I'm able to pull the worst possible quality out of every weapon, and infuriate people with it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tofu wrote: »

There is no contest

Direct hit sucks

no it doesn't, though

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

There is no contest

Direct hit sucks

It sucks so bad. I crafted it away and would not be sad if I never found another one.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Direct hit is only useful for taking out heavies and Sentries/Wrangled Sentries

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

There is no contest

Direct hit sucks

As a scout I support this message. The direct hit sucks everyone stop using it.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    direct hit is very hilariously fun if you can aim

but for straight up utility, i would 8/10 times use regular rocket launcher

i wonder how often it's used in comp play

and if it is, if it is mostly on pocket or roaming

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have been thinking a lot about sandwitches these days. I just sent the following email to Robin Walker regaring my idea to bring back Heavy Sandwitch Parties.
    With the engie update, came a huge nerf to the Heavy’s Sandwich. Though the idea is solid, it takes so much fun out of the setup time for the hungry Heavy. Before the nerf, setup time meant it was time to eat a few sandwiches and taunt the other team. I really miss this. I have come up with a couple of ideas to allow for both systems.

1. The bar is not emptied if a Heavy with full health eats a sandwich. It does not heal, though.

2. The pressing the taunt button will allow you to eat as many sandwiches as you want, but they do not provide healing. You only get heath from using “m1”

I hope something can be worked out. There was just nothing like having a Heavy Sandwich Party.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The big problem is that its main gimmick is almost entirely pointless because the rockets will pretty much straight up kill anything you hit already

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    direct hit is great and feels great

but then you go medic and you uber a soldier using it and you're all psssh

there's 8 seconds of my life wasted

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got the Gunslinger yesterday, and boy howdy does it ever make the Engineer play like I always wanted it to. Plop the sentry down and go. Having to spend two and a half seconds of combat time (as a floor) just to put up a fragile little dink-shotter was never fun nor useful, but man do mini-sentries ever come through in a pinch. On Thunder Mountain, the last point, I managed to hold the top for my team (preventing the defenders from getting onto the platform) by Pistol/Mini-Sentrying a targaxe Demo, then deliberately 'sploding the sentry and killing an overhealed Soldier with two straight-on 180-damage crit shotgun blasts. It's just... it feels right, man. Screw the Wrangler, the Frontier Justice and the Gunslinger are enough.

EDIT: I installed the Oxide HUD, and I'm sort of conflicted. I don't like having the various bars and numbers just floating out in space doesn't feel like it's "reduced clutter", it feels like it turned a visually engaging UI into a debug display. On the other hand, I love (love LOVE) having actual numerical readouts for allied HP counts. Is there any way to activate that and only that? Anyone know how the UI system works in the Source engine?

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I have been thinking a lot about sandwitches these days. I just sent the following email to Robin Walker regaring my idea to bring back Heavy Sandwitch Parties.
    With the engie update, came a huge nerf to the Heavy’s Sandwich. Though the idea is solid, it takes so much fun out of the setup time for the hungry Heavy. Before the nerf, setup time meant it was time to eat a few sandwiches and taunt the other team. I really miss this. I have come up with a couple of ideas to allow for both systems.

1. The bar is not emptied if a Heavy with full health eats a sandwich. It does not heal, though.

2. The pressing the taunt button will allow you to eat as many sandwiches as you want, but they do not provide healing. You only get heath from using “m1”

I hope something can be worked out. There was just nothing like having a Heavy Sandwich Party.

Make sure to email him something about being able to toast heavy sandvitches with the flamethrower too.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kritzing a wrangler engie doesn't do anything right

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    earlier today i had a ridonks round as direct hit soldier on badwater, i was hittin all da shots, barely a miss among them

several times i would come up behind them in the tunnel on the first point and use all my rockets and watching everyone clumped up take 100-120 damage from my rockets was so beautiful

then the shotgun would finish off the rest

i also had some good airshots which made me feel good

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kupi wrote: »
    I got the Gunslinger yesterday, and boy howdy does it ever make the Engineer play like I always wanted it to. Plop the sentry down and go. Having to spend two and a half seconds of combat time (as a floor) just to put up a fragile little dink-shotter was never fun nor useful, but man do mini-sentries ever come through in a pinch. On Thunder Mountain, the last point, I managed to hold the top for my team (preventing the defenders from getting onto the platform) by Pistol/Mini-Sentrying a targaxe Demo, then deliberately 'sploding the sentry and killing an overhealed Soldier with two straight-on 180-damage crit shotgun blasts. It's just... it feels right, man. Screw the Wrangler, the Frontier Justice and the Gunslinger are enough.

The Wrangler + a level 3 sentry = Its like an orgasm, only with bullets

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Paladin wrote: »
    direct hit is great and feels great

but then you go medic and you uber a soldier using it and you're all psssh

there's 8 seconds of my life wasted

That's what she said.

Edit: haha TOTP bonus!

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kupi wrote: »

EDIT: I installed the Oxide HUD, and I'm sort of conflicted. I don't like having the various bars and numbers just floating out in space doesn't feel like it's "reduced clutter", it feels like it turned a visually engaging UI into a debug display. On the other hand, I love (love LOVE) having actual numerical readouts for allied HP counts. Is there any way to activate that and only that? Anyone know how the UI system works in the Source engine?

Pistol + Mini Sentry is too good to pass up. Honestly, at the point where the pistol's ramp up damage is doing 18-20 a bullet, it's awesome.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

There is no contest

Direct hit sucks

no it doesn't, though

It does

The rocket launcher doesn't need to do more damage, having splash is much more useful

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh my god the organ grinder has more range than you think

i totally tauntkilled a guy when i thought i was nowhere near him

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of mini-sentries, I got a nine player domination streak as engie using them on hightower just now on the servers.

EDIT: also I shall be joining the srs bsn tournament; gottabegaming and all that jazz.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    NO

NOOOOOOOOO

I HAD THE BEST THING EARLIER

AND MY TF2 WASN'T RECORDING EVERYTHING I DID

I COMBO CRIT WITH THE GUNSLINGER TWO HEAVIES OUT OF THEIR TELEPORTERS

THEN I TRIED TO TAUNTKILL THE NEXT GUY OUT OF IT

AND GOT TELEFRAGGED

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We just played Coldfront on the drama chamber. Overall I like it, but I think the final point is too easy to defend. In the two rounds we played, each team managed to hold onto the final point for a very long time. The point wasn't even captured in the second round because tha map time ran out.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Jelly JigglerJelly Jiggler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jelly Jiggler on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Ha, I know.

Hey You on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

The part where he is riding the sentry should be the default wrangler animation.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey You wrote: »

Ha, I know.

o_O

Right... blocking that from my memory.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i'm back to being pretty good at spy

good

cause i have a hat for that class

although a spy hat is pretty bad, considering it'll like be not seen for the whole game anyways

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god damn that game on granary was intense

I like the part when I sworded your face in

Also dunno if this has been posted yet

http://gamingbolt.com/2010/07/09/team-fortress-2-needs-a-dance-command/

my favourite is the spy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufoyZgTfySI&feature=player_embedded

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    i'm back to being pretty good at spy

good

cause i have a hat for that class

although a spy hat is pretty bad, considering it'll like be not seen for the whole game anyways
    You'll be seen in kill screens. And that's the one thing that matters.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Everyone is a pretty good spy right now.

This is entirely due to the team they're stabbing. You'd think having everyone playing engineer would help teach them anti-spy techniques, but nope.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    considering i was mostly stabbing heavies and junk

i think i still got the old skills

and to be seeing in killscreens, eh

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been itching for some real spah. I am usually just a terrible C&D user.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Hey, I see me

with my towering pile of hats.

the most noble of all hats.

For it is 3 hats in one hat.

Valve needs to put in a Bartholomew Cubbins hat. No idea how the character would keep taking hats off to reveal the next one though.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    I've been itching for some real spah. I am usually just a terrible C&D user.
    I find that C&D turns you into a pussy. The regular invis watch and especially the Dead Ringer encourage you to to act and stab some bitches.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru