Options

[Team Fortress 2] TF2Maps.net Art Pass Mapping Contest!

• Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The best part of that 'Yoiks!' pic is the heavy's hat popping up in surprise

And all the talk of being stoned/drunk/etc to play TF2 well are true. I was on painkillers for 2 weeks recentley for tooth problems and played TF2 solid.

Felt better recentley and stopped taking them, getting bored of tf2 and getting back into drawing. My tooth flared up again today so I took some strong painkillers, cant draw, but feel pretty groovy and want to play a bunch of TF2.

I think the whole being intoxicated to play well is all about making yourself relaxed enough not to be pissed at spystabs or crits.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    3. Scouts are immune to natascha
    4. Moving scouts cannot be targeted by the mini sentry

These two are pretty dumb.

Especially since 4 is already pretty true.

Hell, Mini sentries have trouble targeting a Pyro running around it in circles.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Especially since 4 is already pretty true.

Hell, Mini sentries have trouble targeting a Pyro running around it in circles.

Very true, cooking mini sentries while they spin has helped me get practice in on doing it to level 2 sentries and surviving.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Natascha doesn't need a nerf

The Heavy needs a nerf

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Natascha doesn't need a nerf

The Heavy needs a nerf

Your face needs a nerf.

Yeah.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    both need a nerf

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

i circle strafe mini sentries like it is my fucking job and melee them

i have punched more mini sentries with my robotic fist than i have created with my robotic fist

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The only thing that desperately needs to be undone is the tighter cone on the mini gun.

Also are there mans on the server?

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The only thing that desperately needs to be undone is the tighter cone on the mini gun.

That may make matters worse for people being slowed down by natascha. Maybe make it so the heavy has a much slower time aiming when firing.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    how would it make matters worse for people being slowed by natascha if less bullets were hitting them

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What no it wouldn't, it would suck for people who are already in death range of a heavy but they won't be sniping snipers with it.

The heavy got 3 buffs:
    Tighter cone
    Faster movement speed while wound up
    Faster wind up/wind down

Tighter cone and the wind up buff need to be undone. Wind down is okay because I think the heavy should be able to get away and not be punished for smart play. The wind up buff removes what little tactical decision making there is left in the heavy

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    how would it make matters worse for people being slowed by natascha if less bullets were hitting them

Wider cone of fire means more of an area for the person to escape, plus it's easier for more people to get caught in the cone.

But granted I'm just thinking of medium/close range, you are right about the heavy being less effective at long range with a wider cone.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    most person's concern with natascha is he can slow you to a crawl across the map

and it shouldn't work like that

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    describing the natascha just gets more and more fun

frozen, paralyzed

petrified

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know what?

We should play Ghostbusters. Heavies with Natashas as the team, everybody else as the ghosts.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    You know what?

We should play Ghostbusters. Heavies with Natashas as the team, everybody else as the ghosts.

...That is an amazing idea.

Reminds me of this video actually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQiEJXB0XOA

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Slowed to a crawl, I stop. Dead in my tacks (or soon to be). The heavy slowly walks toward me. That ever present grin creeping across his face, as if drawn by some sort of sadistic unseen creature, plotting to make my demise all the more painful for his enjoyment. As I look up one last time to see the bright beautiful colour of the sky, my vision is obstructed by his hulking destructive frame. He looks at me with the cruel pity of hunter infront of a wounded helpless animal. He raises his gun to my bleak emotionless face, winds up (it is the sound of my death, the last sound I shall hear in this lifetime), and fires.....

*respawn*

Fuck it, I'll going heavy too.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Slowed to a crawl, I stop. Dead in my tacks (or soon to be). The heavy slowly walks toward me. That ever present grin creeping across his face, as if drawn by some sort of sadistic unseen creature, plotting to make my demise all the more painful for his enjoyment. As I look up one last time to see the bright beautiful colour of the sky, my vision is obstructed by his hulking destructive frame. He looks at me with the cruel pity of hunter infront of a wounded helpless animal. He raises his gun to my bleak emotionless face, winds up (it is the sound of my death, the last sound I shall hear in this lifetime), and fires.....

*respawn*

You do know posts like this make people want to play heavy more, right?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited July 2010

*respawn*

Yep. Dammit, while writing that I thought of TF2 erotica..... my mind shall never be clean again...

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

*respawn*

Yep. Dammit, while writing that I thought of TF2 erotica..... my mind shall never be clean again...

Well it turned me on

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why are there 2 half full servers?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    >B^j

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

*respawn*

Definitely sounded like a "you gonna get raped" situation with the first few lines.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still say the miniguns ought to be cut to 100 max ammo. I prefer the tighter cone of fire; honestly, I don't like the sound of a gun that can't reliably hit what you're actually aiming at if it isn't right next to you. The better foot-speed is something that needs to stay as well; nothing sucks more than taking longer to get to the front line than everyone else only to die to an instant-kill attack that's easier to land on you than most people because you're the slowest-moving thing on the field. The faster spin-up time, though, needs to go. Situational awareness is the thing the Heavy class is about. Non-spontaneity should be his biggest weakness.

So, either slow down the spin-up time or cut his ammo to 100. One or the other.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I got an actually pretty nice death screencap thingy and I thought I would share it with you.
    KilledBy-1.png

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kupi wrote: »
    I still say the miniguns ought to be cut to 100 max ammo. I prefer the tighter cone of fire; honestly, I don't like the sound of a gun that can't reliably hit what you're actually aiming at if it isn't right next to you. The better foot-speed is something that needs to stay as well; nothing sucks more than taking longer to get to the front line than everyone else only to die to an instant-kill attack that's easier to land on you than most people because you're the slowest-moving thing on the field. The faster spin-up time, though, needs to go. Situational awareness is the thing the Heavy class is about. Non-spontaneity should be his biggest weakness.

So, either slow down the spin-up time or cut his ammo to 100. One or the other.

i don't mind this solution

it will prevent heavies from attempting to sashasnipe you

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

No, the spin up time needs to go back to what it was

tofu on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What is this slot reservation bullshit? How much do I have to pay for a slot reservation?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kaliyama wrote: »
    What is this slot reservation bullshit? How much do I have to pay for a slot reservation?

the slot reservations are for the decadent admins who have no time to waste for petty bullshit like waiting for slots to open up :p

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    I think this sort of accessibility and rooftop running should be in more maps actually, though in the case of gated maps, prevent BLU from using it as an exit until the round starts.

Of course now that we have wrangler-jumping engineers who could then build pretty much unassailable sentries on high rooftops (unassailable if the other team can't manage a good, unharassed sniper), hooray another normally good idea ruined

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    100 ammo minigun sounds awful as the minigun is all about bullet spam.

What about having the cone start expanding as you fire the gun, quickly returning to pre-buff heavy?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ShyftedShyfted Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There should be some more leeway before kicking for being inactive. Just because I want to microwave (quite possibly the quickest form of preparing food) something during a map switch shouldn't result in me being kicked if I already communicate about it.

Or maybe just let me know the time it takes to be afk before a kick so I can rush back to the computer and pretend like I'm actually doing something. It's not like this is a serious match or anything and the overall composition of the teams varies so much more regarding the balance than what single person is currently active for a life or two.

Shyfted on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got kicked once for inactivity while taking a piss.
    Of course, it was during "peak" hours and I suck pretty hard (and I had been drinking)
    so...I probably deserved it.

This was years ago.
    Moral of the story: NOTHING ABOVE TF2!

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the thing usually autokicks you no matter what you feel or say

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It rains on the bad and unbad alike.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If anything it doesn't kick fast enough. I've seen a lot of people just standing in spawn for like 5 minutes at a time. That's potentially a whole round.

Unrelated: As much as I said I needed a break, I forgot about the tournament, which I'd like to be in.

Adus on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    kaliyama wrote: »

the slot reservations are for the decadent admins who have no time to waste for petty bullshit like waiting for slots to open up :p

::::::PPPPPP no fuck you the system is horrible.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the system is pretty good until a map change happens

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    If anything it doesn't kick fast enough. I've seen a lot of people just standing in spawn for like 5 minutes at a time. That's potentially a whole round.

Unrelated: As much as I said I needed a break, I forgot about the tournament, which I'd like to be in.

It would be nice if we were at least given an approximate date as to when this thing is going to happen.

That_Guy says he needs captains. Ok. Why don't we nominate them here, pick teams, and get this thing started.

guar on