Options

[Team Fortress 2] TF2Maps.net Art Pass Mapping Contest!

• Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All I wanted was to be heavy

why does fate force me to be medic. i want to need a medic

eli eli lama sabachthani

what is a dental plan without needing braces

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    crashed during steel, welp

why is egypt still in the rotation?
    abraham asked god to spare sodom and gomorrah if god could find just one righteous man in the cities
    i ask the server owners to spare egypt from removal if they can find just one person who thinks that map is any good
    i'm confident that you will not

basically all of this to say that egypt is literally sodom

How was that crit rocket

That you ate
    it was pretty fortuitous

mr wall hacker

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I usually play TF2 high. I have had my best nights while stoned off my ass. Speaking of which.

oh no not the bad company vent all over again

Alegis on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    15. Pyros are ubered for three seconds after rounding a corner.
    16. Demomen and Soldiers that do nothing but spam chokepoints will be judged by a callous and wrathful god.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think BlindPsychic was backstabbing me so much last night he was starting to get annoyed by it
    blindbackstab.png

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pyros should be allowed to insta teleport to wherever they like

I was going to suggestb heavies being able to fly, but we had a game on Nucleus a while ago, low grav, all heavies and it was totally sweet

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We should have a noclip server night.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    with goomba stomp enabled pls

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The thing with the charge for the demoman is that its dog shit that heavies with natascha disable it completely. Something that the demoman can only use once every 10 seconds or so can be completely turned off by a single stray bullet. I wouldn't give a shit if the natascha slowed the demoman down, but its terrible to have it turn off completely.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i bet that medic's under such monumental pressure all the time. probably not as boring as you'd think for him

Oh, I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure. I'm just saying that standard TF2 looks more exciting for the medic, is all.

Pirat: Yeah, the medics had a good idea of the situation, how many team mates they had left, when to run to spawn etc.

Their load outs (well, at least one of them, I didn't see the syringe gun of the other one) confused me. He was running a blutsauger and he pulled it out all of once ever and never fired it. Seems pretty silly to me. Also they loved switching uber targets even when there wasn't a reason to. Doesn't that drain the meter faster?

dunno about the blut pick, i know some people just prefer it to the regular needle :/

as far as switching uber targets, even though it now does drain meter faster, it allows everyone to be more offensive because the uber buff lasts for quite a while

if both soldiers have uber, for example, they can both rj forward and take a few hits

at the same time, the demo can have the rest to basically pipe up a bunch

it's a pretty good tactic, although a lot of times the medic does it out of habit even when it might not be the most efficient way

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TpRC1.jpg

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Is that Alien Swarm achievements?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The following not gamebreaking changes shall be enacted immediately:
    1. Leafblower knockback is dependant on class weight.
    2. Nataschas slowing effect has a falloff on it's snare effectiveness
    3. Scouts are immune to (ANY) knockback while bonked.

I like these, implement these.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm enjoying Engineer way more since picking up the robot hand. I'm a terrible engineer when it comes to setting up and defending a traditional "nest". Being able to run in, drop a sentry, and do other things like shoot at people is nice...especially since I don't really have to care if the sentry is destroyed as I can just instantly drop another.

I was on a server this morning where someone was arguing that the mini is useless since you can just do the same thing with a level 1 sentry, so what's the general take on that?

citizen059 on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The general take is that person is an idiot because it's not nearly as effective. Yeah, you CAN do it, but it's not going to work out as well. A level one takes 4x longer to build than the mini. A level one does not start out at max health, meaning if you try to drop it in combat, one shot of anything will kill it off. It costs more metal, and due to the slower firing speed, doesn't really do a whole lot more damage than the mini anyway. Also the gunslinger gives you more health therefore makes combat survival a bit easier.

Adus on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He's probably just using the mini wrong, it's stupid to build one in a place that's going to be safe for the next 10~ seconds anyway.

Zek on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i still think the mini sentry could build sliiiiiiightly faster.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You all saw it, that bomb cart attacked me!
    gIiqE.jpg

You didn't actually see it, because it happened on a pub server.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    They need to make it so that just hitting right click drops a sentry. Then if you wanna spin it and crap you can use the pda

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    pretty sure you can just bind it to something, personally i am probably going to bind it to F in my engineer config, since that is already Reuse Last Disguise for me

i guess dropping the sentry easier than 4-1-click which does sometimes have problems will help, but i still feel like the mini sentry didn't make the engineer as combat as i want him to be

i still have the most success doing combat engineer the exact same way i did it before the engineer update - finding a sentry spot where it will take the enemy team a long time to figure out where it is.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still wish you could throw it, its even in the name gunslinger, as in slinging a gun.
    A man can dream.

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god damnit after I deleted Team Fortress on That Guys suggestion, I forgot to reset bind f5 jpeg, and forgot to back up my screenshots folder.

IS SAD DAY

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They need to make it so that just hitting right click drops a sentry. Then if you wanna spin it and crap you can use the pda

Every time I want to drop a sentry I hit right click and it just rotates in 90 degrees.

FFFFUUUUU

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    citizen059 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Engineer way more since picking up the robot hand. I'm a terrible engineer when it comes to setting up and defending a traditional "nest". Being able to run in, drop a sentry, and do other things like shoot at people is nice...especially since I don't really have to care if the sentry is destroyed as I can just instantly drop another.

I was on a server this morning where someone was arguing that the mini is useless since you can just do the same thing with a level 1 sentry, so what's the general take on that?

Is the deploy time on a mini the same as the setup time on an already made level 1?

At the very least it costs less for a mini, right? So the idea would be you can drop one on the front and when it gets destroyed drop another right behind the group that just attacked your first. I thought the point was quick and sneaky drops, offering you the ability to "SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!"

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    god damnit after I deleted Team Fortress on That Guys suggestion, I forgot to reset bind f5 jpeg, and forgot to back up my screenshots folder.

IS SAD DAY

Still waiting on payment for services rendered.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

IS SAD DAY

Still waiting on payment for services rendered.

Bend over, I'll go get my boot

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mans, Zissou server, naow.

Huntera on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I snapped this screenshot last night.
    plgoldrush0002j.jpg

That reminds me, is it possible to mod the game on your end so sniper laser dots look like the tri-dot laser sight from Predator?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ShyftedShyfted Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    plgoldrush0002j.jpg

Man, I really hammed it up for that death.

Shyfted on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PatboyX wrote: »
    citizen059 wrote: »

Is the deploy time on a mini the same as the setup time on an already made level 1?

At the very least it costs less for a mini, right? So the idea would be you can drop one on the front and when it gets destroyed drop another right behind the group that just attacked your first. I thought the point was quick and sneaky drops, offering you the ability to "SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!"

Yeah, I'm finding it most effective when dropping it just behind my teammates in a hot spot...since the other team is already engaged they often don't notice, so I can drop it, step back, and start firing with the pistol while the mini supports the team. I don't get a lot of kills with it but my assists are at an all time high. :D

The speed of deployment makes it work very well since you have to have it up and running ASAP. Any longer and either someone will notice it building and take it down, or the battle will be done before it sets up. And since it's a no-maintenance sentry it leaves me more time to focus on keeping my teleporter up. :P

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shyfted wrote: »
    plgoldrush0002j.jpg

Shyfted, are you the sniper in that image or the spy?

I am still amazed that 4 engies can't keep one teleporter up after the update.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    plgoldrush0002j.jpg

Sniper

Shyfted on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    plgoldrush0002j.jpg

Sniper

You play a pretty mean heavy. Snipers are, however, all horrible people.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    snipers aren't people

spy4lyfe

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aside from recently I never really played anything besides pyro, but with the engineer update I've been trying other classes. And Natascha is complete bullshit, but it's so much fun to use when drunk as you basically just trap people in a hail of bullets and they can't do much about it.

Shyfted on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am now image dumping on this thread. Some images are cropped, but rest assured that no significant, embarrassing, or hilarious details were lost in the process.

arenabadlands0000.jpg

God help us all.
    arenaoffblastfinal0000.jpg

Frendy's sentry went unrepaired too long and snapped under the stress.
    cpbadlands0000.jpg
    Alt caption: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yogo Pogo...
    cpcoldfrontrc30012.jpg
    Chills out. 8-) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

cpdustbowl0000.jpg

Alex Wilder demonstrates the new community item FLAMING LASER BAT
    cpfreightfinal10000.jpg

Witness as a Scout hates NAJICA to death.
    cpgorge0000d.jpg

Tyrannus has one weakness: acne.
    cpgorge0001.jpg

cpscience0000.jpg

I briefly tried Oxide, a minimalistic HUD, but found I didn't like its visual style. It did, however, produce this alarmingly awesome screenshot that's actually better for not having the name attached.
    ctfdoublecross0000.jpg

"Feelings?"
    kothfallb10002.jpg

Maboroshi has achieved the ultimate state of relaxation.
    plbadwater0000d.jpg

"Alert! The enemy has taken our" -- " golf trophy!"
    plbadwater0001h.jpg

Yoiks!
    plcrosscutb50000.jpg

DRSourMonkE: Horseshoe Whisperer
    plrhightower0000.jpg

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tyrannus' main enemy is a lack of ham

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    let's play dis

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif