Options

Legend of the Five Rings - [Phalla] in the Emerald Empire - Mantis Win!

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Who killed me?

If it was a faction that was on the network board...*shakes fist*

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited August 2010
    Mantis proboards

I spent so much time making them pretty, and it was kinda useless

Shushnik on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn. That's a nice proboard.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sheesh, that was a long phalla.

There wouldn't be any interest in the following sentence- you know, the one that says if you're interested in playing the L5R RPG on a PbP basis, I'll be starting one or two in the near future AND providing character creation stats in the threads so anyone who feels like applying can?

It'll take me a while to get the thread up, but hopefully the game will be underway before the end of the month.

In other news, I have a lot of typing to do.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You had good narrations, LoserForHireX. You can take pride in that much. The flaws, I think you've captured most of them in your post.

Final Spreadsheet

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    psolms wrote: »
    oh and cap- i should have intel dumped to you when the last bloodspeaker died. i could have saved you from outing yourself as a lion to someone who wanted lions dead.

in fact, i think on the last day, only mantis actually cared about crab being killed.

my bad, cap. my bad.

Yeah, that occurred to me, but then I decided that most people wouldn't be sharing win conditions with the people who are potentially against them. How did you find all that out?

day 1 soft networking.

by the end of day 1, i had a contact in every clan except mantis and scorpion.

psolms on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How the hell does one soft network? How do you know that people you talk to are mafia or not that early?

Farangu on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    These are the Unicorn boards.

They should be unlocked if I did that right....

Edit::

Farangu, it's all about the politics.

Psolms and I were talking with each other within about... an hour of game start? We pretty much figured that when neither of us were dead by the other on day 2, we were pretty close.

It's all about politics and promises.

You never know for sure.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Oh my god my eyes....

Its like every bad myspace page merged into one.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Sheesh, that was a long phalla.

There wouldn't be any interest in the following sentence- you know, the one that says if you're interested in playing the L5R RPG on a PbP basis, I'll be starting one or two in the near future AND providing character creation stats in the threads so anyone who feels like applying can?

It'll take me a while to get the thread up, but hopefully the game will be underway before the end of the month.

In other news, I have a lot of typing to do.

<3<3

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, I'd have won, too... I just needed to kill one more Crane, and the hit was in on you...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    soft networking is a combination of guts, luck, skill and knowing the players.

for example, i soft networked with a whole bunch of people - samurai and ahava chief among them. when samurai told me he was an 80% seer of all things, i thought it was worth it to tell him i was a 100% taint seer.

i got super lucky thinking that dior had ratted me out, when actually it was alegis leaking secrets.

cap would have been able to win the last day if i was not a fool. but it was a fun game.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Oh my god my eyes....

Hey. HEY.

Take that back. MySpace is much worse.

For example, did it have the first 30 seconds of some song playing every time you looked at the page? I thought not.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and reading the bloodspeaker boards, i came within an inch of my life a few times. if they would have known that i was the 100% taint seer, i think they would have found my soft networking to be more of a threat...

psolms on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea, we probably should have put our Alpha Strike plan into play a lot sooner. Oh well.

Thanks for the game LFHX, it was my first and I had fun.

Farangu on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Oh my god my eyes....

Hey. HEY.

Take that back. MySpace is much worse.

For example, did it have the first 30 seconds of some song playing every time you looked at the page? I thought not.

Hmmm

I think I could theoretically make this happen.

also SHUT UP PURPLE IS MY CLAN COLOURS AND I WILL HAVE TO STAB YOU TO DEATH WITH MY AWESOME KILLING STABBY THING!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wait... jdarksun. Are you saying both of us could have won?

Shit...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    We were pretty much just randomly killing most of the game, hoping to hit an Akodo or Moto, which didn't really work out.
    Yeah, our Army of Two wasn't the most effective. Alas, we did what we could.

I had fun though! It was nice having something to think about other than "find the badguys".

Locus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think I could theoretically make this happened

I will grudge you for every phalla ever.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So...was there a tie between the spider and the bloodspeakers? Their colours in the narration and my knowledge of the setting point to yes, but I wanted to confirm...

El Skid on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The one thing I hated was that the Phoenix barely talked. We didn't even set up a proboard. I talked briefly to Hippie, some to Anon, and that was it. It hurt us badly when the BS were dead and I was sitting by myself...

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha! At least I survived and completed my tertiary win condition (though I had nothing to do with it, it was simply having no one from my clan die to dishonor).

I had an 80% chance to seer my target's current honor, but after the network head said that the bloodspeaker target of the day had 3 honor, I stopped caring as much about using my ability.

Fun game, even though it dragged slightly towards the end. Thanks for running it!

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm glad that even in my horrid inactivity, I called it on cheez. :P Hi 5 mantis.

Sorry for being awful.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, I'm really interested in the Honor stuff. Which is to say, I did nothing that involved it. I got a PM a few nights ago that told me my honor dropped by one back when people were questioning the Crab's ability to defend against the Shadowland, but it didn't bother me too much overall...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So who did poison me? I need to know who I'm grudging for this game.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The one thing I hated was that the Phoenix barely talked. We didn't even set up a proboard. I talked briefly to Hippie, some to Anon, and that was it. It hurt us badly when the BS were dead and I was sitting by myself...

I didn't really see any need for myself to take the initiative in setting a proboards up, seeing that I was a Bloodspeaker and already had enough to worry about...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So who did poison me? I need to know who I'm grudging for this game.

Simulacrum was a Phoenix killing machine.

In fact the spider would have won if he had put in his kill on the night he died on samurai.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited August 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I didn't really see any need for myself to take the initiative in setting a proboards up, seeing that I was a Bloodspeaker and already had enough to worry about...

After setting up my proboard, it came to me that if I were a bloodspeaker, a decent strategy would be to go all gung ho, because the person who isn't committed to the clan is probably the bloodspeaker. Sp I guess we would have had different strategies :)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Role PM's and ability spreads!

Crab
    You are _____ , a member of the Crab clan. It is your clans sacred duty to defend Rokugan against the Shadowlands. Thousands of Crab warriors give their lives for an Empire that sometimes doesn't even care about their sacrifice. The other clans look down on the Crab as being dirty and ill mannered. Let the Crane see how well good manners will protect them against rampaging Oni. The fact that there are tainted samurai, maho-tsukai, in the Imperial city is a slight on Crab honor. Find them, destroy them. In addition, now is the perfect time to deal with some long time enemies of the Crab, the Crane and the Scorpion. Also, Crab scouts have found one of these “Spider.” He seemed to hail from the ranks of the Lost, samurai tainted by living in the Shadowlands. Eliminate the taint.

Primary Victory – Eliminate Bloodspeakers
    Secondary Victory – Eliminate the Scorpion, Spider, and all the Crane save the honorable warriors of the Daidoji family (you will only not fulfill your secondary condition if a Crab kills any Daidoji).

The other Crab in Toshi Ranbo are Capfalcon, romanqwerty, psolms, The_Reflection, Drez

Abilities

Fury of Hida – You have a 40% chance to kill your target.

The Mountain Does Not Move – You have a 50% chance to guard your target.

Dance the Razor's Edge – You have a 70% chance to identify the clan and name of your target

To See the Darkness – You have a 100% chance of detecting the taint of the shadowlands in your target.

Wiles of the Carp – You have a 75% chance to redirect all targeted abilities from one target to another. Specify which target is having abilites redirected from.

Crane
    You are _______ , a member of the Crane clan. It is because of the Crane that the Empire even exists. The Crane have given culture, art, and honor to the Empire. As a member of the Crane, you value perfection above all else. Anything less is unworthy of your heritage. The Crane were one of the clans tasked with guarding Toshi Ranbo. The incursion of Bloodspeakers is a grave dishonor. Cleanse the stain on the otherwise perfect Crane. In addition, many have taken advantage of the recent chaos to attempt to grab power in the Imperial Court. Teach the upstarts a lesson. The Scorpion must be shown that the Crane rule the court, and the Lion must be shown that while they have furor and savagery the Crane are the true samurai of the Empire.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate Scorpion and Lion

The other Crane in Toshi Ranbo are _____ , ____ , ____ , ____ , ____

Lady Doji's Spirit – You have a 75% chance to raise the honor of your target by 1

A Whisper from the Soul – You have a 100% chance to determine the current honor of your target.

Strike with No Thought – You have a 50% chance to kill your target.

To Tread on the Sword – You have a 45% chance to guard your target.

Dragon
    You are ___________ , a member of the Dragon clan. Misunderstood by the Empire at large the Dragon are alone among the clans. Only Togashi had the foresight to pull back from the affairs of the world so as to see the entirety of what transpires and act accordingly. Others see the Dragon as being time wasters, and fence sitters. How wrong they are. Now chaos grips the Empire, Bloodspeakers attempt to take control of the Empire again and throughout all of this, the Clans remain embroiled in their petty rivalries. It is time to show them what true samurai are like. There are opponents to the peace that the Dragon bring though. These “Spider” seem to flourish in the recent chaos, making it more drastic. The Phoenix, claiming peaceful motives, have relied on brute force to secure the Imperial capital. In addition, the Moto of the Unicorn have demonstrated a bloodthirsty and rebellious streak. They must be taught a lesson as well.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate Spider, Phoenix, and the Moto family of the Unicorn

The other Dragon in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

The Unrighteous Will Fall – You have a 40% chance to kill your target

The Blood of My Brothers – You have a 40% chance of guarding your target

Dragon Tattoo – You have either a 35% chance to kill your target or a 40% chance to guard your target.

Crow Tattoo – You have either an 80% chance to redirect all abilities used on one target to another (you must specify) or you have a 75% chance to identify whether a target has the shadowlands taint.

Kitsuki's Eyes – You have an 80% chance to identify what the ability possessed by your target is

Rooted in the Mountain – You have a 30% chance to guard your target.

Lion
    You are ___ , a member of the Lion! Toturi was a Lion before he was Emperor. Under the leadership of a Lion, the Empire survived some of the greatest tests that have ever been put to it. The Lion have always stood for the Emperor and the Empire. Now that there is no more Emperor, the season of war is beginning. The recent attempt by the Unicorn to claim the Imperial throne led to the death of many Lion samurai. That was the second time that the Unicorn have stolen territory and cost lives of the Lion. They will be made to pay. Now is also the time to right an old imbalance. Since the beginning of the Empire, the Crane have soiled Lion honor. The Crane have hidden behind the Emperor's skirts, avoiding fighting honorably. A generation ago, Doji Kurohito healed a great deal when he gifted a truly great sword to the Lion. However, now the time is right to show the whole Empire what the honor the Lion truly is. Oh, and it seems as though the Crab and Scorpion have failed to exterminate the Bloodspeakers. It shouldn't be difficult for the Lion to stomp out this new threat to the Empire.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate Unicorn and Crane

The other Lion in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

Strength of My Brothers – You have an 80% chance to redirect abilities used on one target to another (you must specify which target is which)

Strength of Purity – You have a 40% chance to guard your target

Brilliant Glory – You have a 60% chance to raise or lower (you specify) your target's honor

Ancestral Guidance – You have an 80% chance to asses your targets current honor total

Matsu's Fury – You have a 50% chance to kill your target

Mantis
    You are ___ , a member of the Mantis. The other Great Clans have always looked down on the Mantis. When the Mantis were still a minor clan, they were treated as pirates and thugs. On the second day of thunder, they treated Yoritomo like some ronin. But the Mantis have proved themselves over and over again. It is still not enough. There are snide remarks, and furtive glances. Now is the time. For too long the Mantis have had to endure this kind of treatment. It is also time to repay some ancient debts. The Tsuruchi, a noble family of the Mantis were born of the Scorpion and Lion. The Scorpion have always taken the opportunity to damage the Tsuruchi. It's payback time. In addition, by eliminating the Scorpion presence in court, the Yoritomo can more easily work there way into the courts of Rokugan. During the Rain of Blood, years ago, some rogue Mantis attacked the Phoenix. The Phoenix started a war because of this, and took the opportunity to attack Mantis holdings and lands. A clan such as the Mantis cannot afford to look weak and let the Phoenix get away with such actions.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate Phoenix and Scorpion

The other Mantis in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ____ , _____ , ____ , ____

Storm Heart – You have a 65% chance to lower your target's honor by 1

Duty Before Honor – You have a 75% chance of guarding against honor raises/lowers on your target

The Rolling Wave – You have a 30% chance to guard your target

Hand of Osano-Wo – You have a 35% to kill your target

Eye of the Storm – You have a 75% chance to redirect all abilities used on one target onto another target.

The Sting of the Wasp – You have a 30% chance to kill your target

Phoenix
    You are ___ , a member of the Phoenix. The Kami Shiba was the only one of the children of Heaven to bend knee to a mortal, the powerful shugenja Isawa. Since then, the Phoenix have been a clan ruled by a council of Isawa Masters. The bushi of the Shiba family are the most dedicated and respected yojimbo, as it is their duty to protect the Isawa. The scholarly Asako have two specialties. Their first being the courts of Rokugan. Their second being the Asako Inquisitors, one of the two groups specially dedicated to ridding the world of the taint of Maho. The Agasha make up the final family of the Phoenix, formerly the shugenja family of the Dragon, they fled to the Phoenix during the last great conflict between the clans. What unites all these families is the struggle to make peace in a warlike land. The Phoenix understand that to take a life is a shame, and that there is always a better way. Because of this, the Phoenix boast the smallest military force of all the clans. However, enemies have been defeated with nothing more than a small force of Phoenix that refused to fight. War has come again to an Empire that always seems to be suffering. Stop the war. So much has already been tried, and it seems like taking life is the only answer. The Lion and Unicorn are tearing the land apart.

Primary Victory – Eliminate the Bloodspeakers

Secondary Victory – Eliminate the Lion and Unicorn

The other Phoenix in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

Isawa's Art – You have an 80% chance to reveal the honor rank, shadowlands taint, clan and name of your target

Isawa's Art – You have an 80% chance to detect the shadowlands taint in your target

A Single Life – You have a 50% chance to guard your target

A Single Life – You have a 40% chance to guard your target

Voice of the Universe – You have an 80% chance to guard against any honor raising/lowering on your target

Scorpion
    You are ___ , a member of the Scorpion. Only the Scorpion truly understand how the Empire functions. Let other preen and boast about their “honor.” The Scorpion understand that sometimes things need to be done under the cover of night, with a knife in the back. Loyalty is what is all important to the Scorpion. The Scorpion are so loyal that they will sacrifice their good names to the Empire, they will throw themselves on the pyre to save their Clan. Others don't understand what loyalty truly means. The Crane have spent most of the Empire's history deriding the Scorpion. They believe themselves to be invincible in the courts, untouchable, and honorable. It is time to show the world what the Scorpion are capable of. Where the Crane have bullied the Scorpion in the courts, the Crab have bullied the Scorpion on the battlefield. Nothing is more dangerous than a Crab that has put his mind to killing you. He will stop at nothing. The Crab have claimed more and more Scorpion land in border skirmishes, citing their need for resources to fend off the Shadowlands. What a wonderful job they've done as well, more and more creatures pour into Rokugan every day. Only the attention of the Kuroiban, the fraternity dedicated to fighting the Shadowlands in the most effective way possible, has prevented the Empire from suffering more at the hands of these creatures. The Crab are useless, uncultured bullies. Teach them a lesson.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate the Crane and Crab

The other Scorpion in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

Scrutiny's Sweet Sting – You have a 75% chance to lower the honor of your target by 1

Soshi's Whisper – You have a 60% chance to redirect all the abilities used on one target to another target.

The Shadow has No Mercy – You have a 50% chance to kill your target

Yogo's Love – You have a 75% chance to reveal the shadowlands taint in your target

Spider
    You are ___ , a member of the Spider. The Empire says that they revere the Kami. They are liars. They have forgotten the Ninth Kami, the lost brother, Fu Leng. Fu Leng fell into Jigoku, and became blessed by the dark powers there. The Spider are composed mostly of samurai that have been tainted by the Shadowlands, and declared “lost.” The Empire sees them as blasphemous, daring to worship the Ninth Kami. Only because they impose their ludicrous honor on everything and everyone. Fu Leng gave the Spider another code, Shurido. Revering strength, will, and ambition, Shurido embraces what everyone is at their heart, a tyrant. The Spider demand to be recognized. Daigotsu, their leader, is the last in the line of Hantei, taken when he was but a child. The Empire at large denies his legitimate claim to the throne. The Spider will settle for being counted among the clans of the Empire. Why struggle to bring down the Empire from the outside when it is much easier to bring it down from the inside. However, the Empire is a crowded place. The ranks will have to be thinned a bit. In addition, the Imperial families, the betrayers of the Hantei, must also be eliminated.
    The Spider work in maho, the dark sorcery of Jigoku. However, the Maho that the Bloodspeakers employ flows from their leader Iuchiban. Having stolen the power of Maho from Fu Leng, they must be made to pay. This stance has a benefit, you are certain that there are no Bloodspeakers to be counted among your numbers. However, the taint of the Shadowlands is strong among the Spider. Those ignorant of the truth will likely suspect you of being in league with Iuchiban's minions.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate the Imperial Families (Otomo and Seppun) and any other Clan (The Spider must be responsible personally for at least two deaths of that clan).

The other Spider in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

Jigoku's Talons – You have a 35% chance to kill your target

The Weak are My Strength – You have a 60% chance to lower the honor of your target

Insidious Whispers – You have a 75% chance to spread the Philosophy of Shurido to your target. This will add the victory condition of “Ensure the Spider are not Eliminated” to the recipient. Honor guards will prevent the spread of Shurido

Stealing Breath – You have a 60% chance your target will be incapacitated, unable to act

The Unblinking Eye – You have a 70% chance to identify Iuchiban's influence over your target

Devouring Wrath – You have a 40% chance to kill your target

Shurido – Because you do not follow the childish tenets of Bushido, you are immune to the seppuku that you would face should your honor be reduced to zero. However, others may discover your dishonorable state and wonder why you have not chosen the honorable way out of life.

Unicorn
    You are ___ , a member of the Unicorn. The Kami Shinjo saw the wisdom in traveling, in seeing the world. The Unicorn are a clan born of foreign influences. The ruling family, the Moto, were a tribe living within the Burning Sands, north of the mountains that encircle Rokugan. The Shinjo did rule the family, but due to an infiltration by the Kolat, a blasphemous sect decrying the rule of the ancestral Kami, they were removed from power. The Moto are far more warlike than the Shinjo, desiring to show the Empire as a whole that the Unicorn are to be feared and respected. Thus Moto Chagatai, the Khan of the Unicorn, marched in winter to the Capital to seize power. The Empire is in need of strong leadership or else it will crumble. The Lion, who consider themselves undefeated on the field of battle have tasted the sting of defeat at the hands of the Unicorn. It seems that they have not learned their lesson though. Perhaps they need to be taught again. The Unicorn would have been successful if not for the intervention of the “pacifist” Phoenix. Without their actions, the Khan would be sitting on the throne this very moment.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate Lion and Phoenix

The other Unicorn in Toshi Ranbo are ___ , ___ , ___ , ___ , ___

The Stars are my Guide – You have either an 80% chance to discover the clan and name of your target or 75% chance to discover whether your target is bushi, shugenja, or a courtier.

Moto Cannot Yield – You have a 30% chance to guard your target

The Wind Never Stops – You have a 40% chance to kill your target

The Immovable Hand of Peace – You have a 75% chance to prevent your target from taking any action.

The Heart Speaks – You have a 60% chance to raise your target's honor by 1

Spirit of Nature – You have a 60% chance to redirect all actions taken towards one target to another

Imperials
    You are ___ , a member of the Otomo family. The Otomo are direct servants of the throne. In the early days of the Empire, Otomo proved himself as a valuable vassal of Hantei and swore fealty directly to him. Generations later, a conspiracy among the Great Clans to control the Emperor was barely thwarted. Since then the Otomo have had a secret duty. It is their duty to make certain that the Great Clans bicker and fight among themselves and do not collude to take over the Empire ever again. The Otomo have been wildly successful thus far.
    One good thing coming into this current period of conflict is that the Otomo are certain that none of their number would ever stoop to the blasphemous practice of using Maho

Secondary Victory – Eliminate all other Courtiers

The other Otomo in Toshi Ranbo is ___

Virtues of Command – You have a 65% chance to raise your target's honor by one, lower your target's honor by 1, guard your target against any honor raising or lowering, or revealing your target's honor rank

You are ___ , a member of the Seppun family. Charged with the most sacred of duties, the Seppun often feel as though the rest of the Empire doesn't respect them. Overshadowed by the large number of bushi and shugenja in other clans, the Seppun always seem to fade into the background. Even now, the Lion and Unicorn play as though the throne is some prize to be won, not a symbol of the divine support that Rokugan enjoys. It is time to remind the Empire that the Seppun embody all the purity and duty that any samurai does.
    One good thing coming into this current period of conflict is that the Seppun are certain that none of their number would ever stoop to the blasphemous practice of using Maho.

Secondary Victory – Eliminate the Akodo and Moto (At least one Akodo or Moto must be killed by a Seppun)

The other Seppun in Toshi Ranbo is ___

Heaven Never Falls – You have either a 25% chance to kill your target or a 45% chance to guard your target.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited August 2010
    I feel a little less glorious knowing that nobody had a secondary condition to kill Mantis. I know it fits the theme, but damn, that seems unbalanced.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For the record, I really don't think getting married really worked in my or jdark's favor. Sorry, honey. Next time, I'm going to stay single.

Everyone knew who I was after that. It was like having a target on my head. Jdark is just too much of a stud to let that get to him. Oh, and I was guarding him the night I got killed so...

Take that, shit-talkers! I was a true wifey. And an awesome horsewoman. :winky:

daniant on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited August 2010
    If it's any consolation, daniant, I believe Mantis won because I redirected the kill from your husband to the last Phoenix. :D

Shushnik on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    *blows kisses*

daniant on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I watched this a bit after being offed, and I really don't think the mafia had any chance to win this game as long as the village wasn't stupid. Those taint seers where way too powerful and numerous, and they had too much protection. And they didn't even need to seer everyone to completely figure us out as clearing a clan of bloodspeakers cleared the rest of the players in the clan, as they quickly figured out. Also, the busdriver abilities were waaaay too powerful relative to guards, especially given their high success rate. It looked like my companions had an ok idea of who they needed to kill, but there was too much protection from us to break through unless we stacked all our kills like on Mr D.

It was an interesting setting though, I hadn't looked into it much at all before this game. And looking at the last day from the standpoint of someone who knew everyone's faction was amusing.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can see what you're saying, Savant. And for the most part i'd say that I agree.

But part of the big thing that helped the village through all of this was the soft networking.

particularly between psolms, myself, Mr D, and samurai. We agreed to put aside clan needs for that of the empire (until it came time to kill each other) and we actually all followed through.

had we NOT gotten so close so early, it might have been difficult.

Also, the Drez Kill. Yes, Psolms asked me to kill Drez. Yes, I put my kill on Drez. No, I did not put that onto the Unicorn boards since we had not gotten rid of Durax at that time.

I put in the kill on the Unicorn boards on one guy, and then PMed a kill on Drez.

As it is, I'm sorry Drez, <3<3 But you were in the way.

That being said, I'm kinda glad that I died when I did. The last day would have been difficult for me. I'm not very good at breaking alliances like that...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We knew a kill was aimed at Drez.
    Our guard failed its roll.

edit: Your soft networking was certainly a credit to the village though, nothing can take that away from you.

durax on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The honor mechanic never seemed all that useful.
    I might not understand it fully, but someone with high honor didn't seem to gain any advantage, and if someone had zero honor (besides the spiders) they had a whole day to petition people to raise it one point?

Did any player die or feel threatened by dishonor?

durax on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It kinda bugged me a little when mine got dropped out of the blue, but I realized there wasn't anything I could do about it and just went on happily beating things to death.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Can't blame a girl for trying to be sneaky, Durax. :P

Seriously, thanks Loser. I don't regret signing up.

I do, however, regret not being able to be more actively involved in the backstage things.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Heh. Half the game psolms just told me to go whack things.

Capfalcon on