As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ invites you to Beat The Heat! (Random active forumers thread)

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Infra wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Hey Sheri, an inquiry, do you work for Disney or your job gives you some relations to Disney? Because a friend of mine went to work there last year or two years ago and if you do maybe you knew him because he might have been the only Mexican who legally worked there

I work for Disney yes.

This is kinda a shot in the dark, but 1 or 2 years ago a friend of mine went to work in Public Relations for the park, a Mexican called Alex. You wouldn't have known him by any chance?

Well I know a Mexican called Alex

But he likes to cook and he doesn't work for Disney

He DOES like to cook. Although he doesn't work for Disney now. He's in Mexico.

No, I don't know who you're talking about, I was just making fun of Pip.

Sheri on
  • Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey Sheri, an inquiry, do you work for Disney or your job gives you some relations to Disney? Because a friend of mine went to work there last year or two years ago and if you do maybe you knew him because he might have been the only Mexican who legally worked there

I work for Disney yes.

This is kinda a shot in the dark, but 1 or 2 years ago a friend of mine went to work in Public Relations for the park, a Mexican called Alex. You wouldn't have known him by any chance?

Ahhhh didn't get the reference. Would've been funny if you did knew him.

The Infra on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I work for Disney yes.

It would have been a miracle.

You have to realize that I work in one of thousands of departments. Even if I were IN the same department as someone else, I might not have actually met them. Do you know how many people Disney World employs? There are 900 cast members in my department and I probably know about 70 of them. Sure, there's a chance that I might know that person, but they're pretty infinitesimal, and the chances get smaller the further apart our departments are (Public relations and Photopass are pretty far apart, just a heads up).

So whenever people ask me, 'Hey, so-and-so worked at Disney for three months in this department that is nowhere near yours, do you know him?', I kinda want to hit someone.

This sounds kinda angry, but it isn't, I promise. :)

Sheri on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is this the lebron james thread?

he has a stupid beard

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I work for Disney yes.

You have to realize that I work in one of thousands of departments. Even if I were IN the same department as someone else, I might not have actually met them. Do you know how many people Disney World employs? There are 900 cast members in my department and I probably know about 70 of them. Sure, there's a chance that I might know that person, but they're pretty infinitesimal, and the chances get smaller the further apart our departments are (Public relations and Photopass are pretty far apart, just a heads up).

So whenever people ask me, 'Hey, so-and-so worked at Disney for three months in this department that is nowhere near yours, do you know him?', I kinda want to hit someone.

Well, it's a good thing you can't punch someone over the Internet.

The Infra on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Dubh are you now the heat?

of the moment

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I work for Disney yes.

Well, it's a good thing you can't punch someone over the Internet.

Someday, they will make this technology possible

And then you're all in trouble

Sheri on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't really know where to put this but this is the general random bullshit thread so

All the Trash Levi Johnston Has Talked About His Future Mother-in-Law
    When he marries Bristol Palin next month, Levi Johnston will enter the most awkward family dynamic ever. Let us count the reasons Sarah Palin has to hate her son-in-law, with an exhaustive collection of Levi Johnston's cruelest quotes about Sarah.

I think my favorite one is
    I've never seen her touch a fishing pole. She had a gun in her bedroom and one day she asked me to show her how to shoot it.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nice to hear that "important" peoples families are just as dysfunctional as everyone else's.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Important".

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My family is kind of important.

Melding on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fuck, levi talks just like i do.

shit.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My brother in law is part of the imagineering team for Disney. Went to the imagineering open house recently, which was a great chance to see what kind of work environment they have and how Disney treats their creative team.

Super awesome, that's how.

Sheri, do they have that sand thing at Disney World? Like, you move sand around on a table thing and they project images on it? My bro-in-law did the programming for that.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fiz wrote: »
    My brother in law is part of the imagineering team for Disney. Went to the imagineering open house recently, which was a great chance to see what kind of work environment they have and how Disney treats their creative team.

Sheri, do they have that sand thing at Disney World? Like, you move sand around on a table thing and they project images on it? My bro-in-law did the programming for that.

Sand on a table? No, that sounds awesome. I didn't see it when I was at Disneyland, either. Can you grab me a link to what you're talking about?

Sheri on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I work for Disney yes.

I hate you

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    no

no hearts for you

also tell jarrod to take you to Cafe Tu Tu Tango's on I Drive

it's an awesome tapas place

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well until he gets a job, I'll be the one treating for dinner

You still in the area?

We could all go together!

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fiz wrote: »

Sand on a table? No, that sounds awesome. I didn't see it when I was at Disneyland, either. Can you grab me a link to what you're talking about?

They don't have it at Disneyland either, yet. It was something they originally showed off at the D23 expo last year, and it was featured again here. I thought maybe they had it at epcot.

They might have it in one of the other parks. Or maybe on their newer cruise ships. I'd put up with all the screaming kids just to do the Disney Cruise to Russia and see Villains Tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6C9IcaPZDk

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    no

no hearts for you

also tell jarrod to take you to Cafe Tu Tu Tango's on I Drive

it's an awesome tapas place
    Heh, we have one of those here near Disneyland too!

They have a fun Smores dessert and magicians go table-to-table on Fri. and Sat. nights.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aaah no they don't have it here (yet, I suppose).

I'd do a Disney Cruise just to do a Disney Cruise

Apparently they designed the cruises so well that you don't even have to see screaming kids at all! It's like my dream Disney experience. All the fun, none of the brats.

Sheri on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I went on a cruise to Bermuda and was bored on the ship

Bermuda was great though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the more boring the cruise...the more you just spend your time eating.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aaah no they don't have it here (yet, I suppose).

I'd do a Disney Cruise just to do a Disney Cruise

Apparently they designed the cruises so well that you don't even have to see screaming kids at all! It's like my dream Disney experience. All the fun, none of the brats.

They've got these giant floor video game things. Kids stand around a giant dance floor tv screen thing and play video games that they control by stepping on sensors. Team games, individual games, whatever. And the water slide inner tube ride thing that goes along the top part of the ship. It's all pretty awesome.

Plus the drinking areas are classy as all get out.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    cruises fly against all the reasons I like to travel
    the only way you'll get me on a cruise ship is if you're footing the whole bill and I've literally got nothing better to do

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The renovations they've made to the Disney Hotel Suites are ridiculous. When you enter the fairy tail room and turn on the light a little image of tinkerbell flies around the ceiling, turning on the lights for you one by one. Why would I need that?

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does that apply to space cruises?

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rinder wrote: »

honestly, a space cruise would also be pretty gay
    I mean, it's not like you would actually see anything from the ship
    so unless you're going someplace rad that you can actually explore, it's just like a cruise ship except you're in space
    enjoy your space buffet and space shuffleboard

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You still in the area?

no I've been back home for a bit

but my aunt has it in with one of the board for darden, so, god willing I will be back in orlando soon with a job

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

You still in the area?

no I've been back home for a bit

but my aunt has it in with one of the board for darden, so, god willing I will be back in orlando soon with a job

Yaaaaay

Sheri on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm in the hospital right now, fainted while waiting for the bus. Well, technically I fainted in a Chipotle. I wanted a water but I ended up fainting and hitting my head.

Mandatory "fuck the south" also my life sucks.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    daaamn Sara :(

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ouch :(

skettios on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dru, if I learned anything from Wall-E, it's that you will be capable of seeing all sorts of things out in space with some minor clauses

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im in Montana, you could go out to float the river and by the time you got there it'll be pissing rain for three hours.

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

honestly, a space cruise would also be pretty gay
    I mean, it's not like you would actually see anything from the ship
    so unless you're going someplace rad that you can actually explore, it's just like a cruise ship except you're in space
    enjoy your space buffet and space shuffleboard

no-gravity buffet would be the greatest thing.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think the more boring the cruise...the more you just spend your time eating.

This is as true as it gets. Nothing better to do in a cruise than to eat. I would say booze it up, but it's either super expensive or they make it a living hell for you to smuggle some booze into the cruise

The Infra on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    sara D:

they find out what's up yet?

was your burrito too spicy?

Raneados on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, Pip

you made it into our Neville-PAX video

so did Stale's rims, for the matter

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)