As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PTA] (Encore IC) Mine Hats: they're all the rage in Sinnoh

• Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Approximately 12 and a half hours left, folks. Anybody else who is watching this and wants to submit, now's the time to do it. I've now got some time on my hands, so let's see...

Rawkking Goodguy, could you please assign a nature to your Chatot, please?

Also, if you haven't done the stats for your starter yet, let me know whether you want to do them yourself or whether I should deal with it. By the way, this doesn't mean I've confirmed my submission choices yet, but this way, when I do, the game can get started almost immediately regardless of who gets chosen.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shit lol

I'd offer to join but I'm already GM'ing a game of my own

Does that matter to you?

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i'd like to do them myself, but i couldn't for the life of me find out the information needed to do so. if you could post or PM them?

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    Shit lol

I'd offer to join but I'm already GM'ing a game of my own

Does that matter to you?

Why would that matter?

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also i'd like to make a change in Bruce's nature from Rash to Adamant

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But Lucario's best moves are all Special ones. :|

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    we don't all have 400 hours logged on pokemon pearl mang

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I've got about 20.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    srsly don't be one of Those Guys

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    despite Kay being one of Those Guys i am going to make the change from Rash to Lonely instead

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    But Lucario's best moves are all Special ones. :|

Close Combat

Earthquake

Bullet Punch

Swords Dance

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kay why didn't you give me shit for picking an impish gastly?

Squall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also i'd like to make a change in Bruce's nature from Rash to Adamant

Done.

Also, if you want the materials, just look here for them.

Once again, though, I can do them for you, if you want.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yeah on second thought i don't have the time to sift through all of that to find the nuggets of information i need so go ahead and just do it for me

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Will do.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    kay why didn't you give me shit for picking an impish gastly?

Because Gon is awesome as an impish dude.

And only Volnoy is allowed to be Adamant, because Adamant is awesome. (If I was powergaming, I'd have made Volnoy have a Naughty nature. That would give a perfect base-stat relationship.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where can I get Pineco's stats?

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HP 5
    Atk 7
    Def 9
    SpAtk 4
    SpDef 4
    Spe 2

Squall on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Name: Ken Smithson
    Level: 1

STR: 9 [-1]
    DEX: 8 [-1] (includes -2 Penalty associated with Breeder class)
    CON: 9 [-1]
    INT: 11 [0]
    WIS: 14 [+2] (includes +1 bonus associated with Breeder class)
    CHA: 14 [+2] (includes +1 bonus associated with Breeder class)

HP

45/45
    Evasion Bonus---0
    Perception
    Persuasion
    Damage Bonus----0
    Academics

Feats:
    Breeder Class
    • Natural Edge (Breeder starting feat)
    • Egg Factory (Breeder starting feat)
    • Blunt Weapons User (Breeder starting feat)
    • Short Bladed Weapons User (Breeder starting feat)

Pokemon:
    Spore Man (Male Shroomish) [starter]
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Moves: Spore (egg move), False Swipe (egg move), Absorb (beginning move), Tackle (level-up move)
    Level 5, Jolly
    Base Stats:
    HP: 6 + 1 = 7
    Atk: 4 + 1 = 5
    Def: 6 + 1 = 7
    SpAtk: 2
    SpDef: 6
    Speed: 6 + 1 = 7
    Ken originally met Spore Man at the family Ranch, as he was checking out Pokemon to claim as a starter for his upcoming journey. At his older sister Miranda's suggestion, he eschewed sheer power in favor of a Pokemon with useful abilities for an up-and-coming Trainer - namely, being sturdy and having moves perfect for capturing additional Pokemon.

Despite barely being two months old, Spore Man (so named for its special move) is probably hardier than Ken is, and certainly more even-tempered. The little Mushroom Pokemon is a happy-go-lucky little fellow, but takes its job as Ken's guardian seriously...sorta.

Appearance: Tall, lean, brown hair, blue eyes. Not in such good shape, but he isn't emaciated or scrawny. Favors mild or dark colors for his clothes. Prefers wearing long pants and jackets, sweaters or coats in public.

Personality:
    Usually a nice guy, good at reading people, and a natural negotiator. Problem is, he has a very explosive temper, and a very strong sense of fairness and justice. This means he’s usually pleasant and great to be around, but when something sets him off, he brandishes a vituperative and foul mouth not for young ears to hear. It’s gotten him into fights a few times, and he’s won so few of these fights he can count the victories on one hand. Still, his equally furious and eloquent tirades often “persuade” the target to apologize for their misdeeds. On one such occasion, Ken succeeded in reducing the girl to a sobbing wreck – then discovered that the girl was his fiancé. Needless to say, it made the dinner party he was at extremely awkward.

Description:
    Second son (and third of four children) of the Smithson family, owners of a large Pokemon ranch located southeast of Saffron City.
    Seeking to evade his mother’s frustrations with his poor business acumen, Ken decides to take the next boat out to the distant Sinnoh region. Maybe here, he can get away from his family’s business connections and live the simpler life of a traveling Trainer. Hearing of a festival being held at Lake Verity, he decides that it will be as good a starting point as any.
    But having grown up as a Saffron pretty boy may prove to be a hefty setback in that regard – on top of the cultural differences, there’s the fact that his two month-old Shroomish is probably hardier than he is.

Inventory:
    First Aid kit (should have stuff to help both Pokémon and humans, basic wound treatment/coverings)
    General-use knife
    Sleeping Bag
    3000 Pokedollars (post-bus fare)
    Pokegear
    5 Poke Balls
    Sunglasses and fedora

Would like to see:
    Staryu
    Chimchar
    Chinchou
    Squirtle
    Larvitar
    Beldum
    Togepi
    Riolu
    Gible
    Nincada
    or any evolutions of the Pokemon listed above. I'd list more, but the others are common enough that they will likely be seen anyway.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Got my starters stats done.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Working on my starter's stats, does anybody remember marshmallow's house rules for HP and if they are being used in this game?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Original rules are (Pokemon's Level) + (3 x HP stat).

My houserule was to make it 10 + (Pokemon's Level) + (3 x HP stat) for increased survivability at low levels.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Original rules are (Pokemon's Level) + (3 x HP stat).

My houserule was to make it 10 + (Pokemon's Level) + (3 x HP stat) for increased survivability at low levels.

We'll go with Marsh's houserule, I suppose. We don't need everybody getting knocked out.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    51 HP 12 Defense Pineco will eat your children! HE CANNOT BE STOPPED!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You've beat out my Aron you bastard. 37HP 10DEF 7SpDEF.

Question: Can a player's Pokemon die in game(as in, 'Nuzlocke Run')? Or does 0hp just mean that it's fainted?

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So going with a neutral natured chatot

Add 4 points for 4 level ups to level 5, keeping the ability preferences in line?

HP 8
    Atk 7
    Def 5 -> 6
    Sp. Atk 9 -> 10
    Sp. Def 4 -> 5
    Speed 9 -> 10

(yeah I know sp. atk and speed don't have to exactly match despite being tied, as long as they are higher than the other stats)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »

You've beat out my Aron you bastard. 37HP 10DEF 7SpDEF.

Question: Can a player's Pokemon die in game(as in, 'Nuzlocke Run')? Or does 0hp just mean that it's fainted?

Marsh's game had 0 HP being fainted

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think dead was at negative max HP / 2

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I edited my character post to include an inventory, not really anything unexpected in there.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Name: Felicia Astor

Str 6
    Dex 16
    Con 8
    Int 10
    Wis 6
    Cha 18

HP 40
    Evasion Bonus +3
    Perception -2
    Persuasion +4
    Damage Bonus 0
    Academics 0
    Base Class: Ranger– Class Feature
    Prerequisites: 13 CHA, 13 DEX
    Key Abilities: +1 CHA +1 DEX
    Negligent Ability: -2 CON
    Class Features: Companion, Befriend

Befriend: Ranger Feature
    At-Will
    Trigger: You restrain a wild with the Styler.
    Effect: Once you successfully Restrain a pokemon, you may give it the Helpful title. Until this ally is attacked, severely distracted, or has helped the Ranger in a significant manner once it is under the Ranger’s control. You do not get a complete list of the Helpful’s attacks, and it cannot be taken from the area you found it in or it will run away. You may only give the Helpful title to one Pokemon at a time.

Companion: Ranger Feature
    Static
    Trigger: You restrain a wild with the Styler.
    Effect: Once you successfully Restrain a pokemon, you may give it the Companion title. You may only have one Companion at a time. If you give a new pokemon the Compainion title, you free the other pokemon and replace it with your new Companion. To make the wild a Companion you must sacrifice half an hour upon giving it the Companion title to bond with the wild. The Companion gains experience and levels exactly like a Captured pokemon.

Bow User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ranger
    Prerequisites: 17 DEX
    Effect: The Trainer can use Bow and Arrows or any other Weapon that would fit into the Bow category. These weapons deal 1d8 + DEX modifier.

Chain Weapons User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: Ace Trainer or Ranger or Coordinator or Martial Artist
    Prerequisites: 14 CON
    Effect: The Trainer can use Whips, Bolas, Nunchaku, Chain Whips, Meteor Hammers, Kunai and Chain, Flails or any other Weapon that would fit into the Chain Weapons category. These weapons deal 1d6 + CON modifier.

Slingshot User: Arms Feature
    Gifted To: DEX 11
    Effect: The Trainer can use Slingshots. These weapons deal 1d2 + DEX modifier.
    Shira
    Species: Ralts
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Modest

Backstory:
    Growing up as a little girl in Veilstone City, Felicia was always the charmer. Her parents, Pokeball-building businesspeople, enjoyed taking her to workplace gatherings and showing her off to their coworkers. The women cooed over her and pinched her cheeks, and the men smiled and patted her on the head. She was confused, but went with it anyways. It was just being nice. She honed her skills unconsciously as she learned not to call fat ladies Snorlaxes and not to ask where bald men had gotten their skulls cleaned.

At school, her ability to sweet-talk her teachers ensured that they would help her with whatever work she needed. Her English teacher offered to proof-read and edit her papers before she turned them in, her math teacher would make practice quizzes just for her before a big test, her history teacher lent her his copy of the textbook if she couldn't find hers. This wasn't on purpose, really.

She wasn't ridiculously popular, but she had enough good friends that she never got lonely in school. When she offhandedly mentioned that she wanted to be a Pokemon trainer a few days before her birthday, her friends presented her with an adorable Ralts. After a couple of days, she decided (after asking a lot of her friends their opinions) on Shira, because of the way it sounded.

Felicia and Shira are pretty much best friends. When Felicia first opened her pokeball, Shira was curled up in a little ball on the ground, seemingly terrified by all the people. Then Shira looked up. When she saw Felicia's smile, she seemed to glow... sorta. It was like something had gotten warmer, but that wasn't true, since no one was anywhere near the thermostat. Felicia couldn't explain it, because she couldn't see it... it was more of something she felt. Ever since Shira ran into her arms that day, they have been inseparable. Shira knows when Felicia is upset and comforts her, and being around Felicia seems to have made Shira more open to people.

After graduating with slightly above-average grades, Felicia charmed her way into getting into the Rangers so that she could spend more time outside the city. She felt suffocated by her proximity to so many people and disgusted by their filth, and the hostile nature of many of the people kept Shira constantly on edge. Though she loves nature and wants to preserve it, Felicia is lazy and very easily distracted.

Felicia doesn't like to plan ahead, and instead, goes with her gut-- which usually lands her in a heap of trouble, like pointing a large group of tourists in the direction of the preserved areas of Mt. Coronet instead of the path to Celestic Town. (That one led to an exhausting 15 minutes of running after them, shouting for them to stop. Luckily they hadn't wandered into the foggy parts... or the Hall of Origin.) Her dream is to be the best Pokemon Ranger ever... but working for it is a whole different story. She's headed to Lake Valor to check out the festivities and make sure no one throws stuff in the water... but she'll be damned if she actually has to pick it up.

Starting Items:
    5 Poke Balls
    1 Great Ball
    2800 Pokedollars
    a couple sets of Ranger outfits—she loses them all the time
    Non-uniform clothes-- loose and easy to move in
    Digital watch-- at least an hour behind (she forgot to set daylight savings time)
    Sleeping bag
    Whistle
    Fresh Water
    Appearance:
    Felicia is 5'5”. She doesn't appreciate being short, and will be annoyed if anyone points it out. She has brown hair that is cut in layers above her shoulders and dark blue eyes. Not in amazing shape, but has a ridiculous metabolism that leaves her slim, but hungry at odd times of the day.
    Personality:
    Felicia is charming and sweet, but is very, very lazy. She usually relies on other people to do things for her, so as a Ranger, she's finding it tough to keep up her duties. She isn't incredibly assertive, but is working on it.
    Like to See:
    Mudkip
    Vulpix
    Carvanha
    Larvitar
    Misdreavus
    Beldum
    Bagon
    Cyndaquil
    Turtwig
    Riolu

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... so many pocket monsters...

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So who wants to run game #5 :P

Edit: Expo is updated with a quirky nature and some stats. Gonna run by egg moves with you since you might think some are a bit over the top, basic moves are just in for now.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    For death rules, the official thingie is that when a pokemon hits -100% health, they need to roll a death saving throw which is a percentile modified by their level, so higher level pokemon are harder to kill.

This hasn't happened in any of the games yet, as far as I know, but it's something that can very certainly happen when pokemon start getting their 5d10 damage attacks with x2 or x4 effectiveness.

In trainer battles it's good form to finish off a weakened opponent with one of your less damaging moves. Wild Pokemon, and Evil Team Members and similar thugs might not bother with these niceties though.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can we finally catch fainted pokemon?

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Original rules had wild pokemon dying at 0 hp rather then fainting. Only captured pokemon would faint.

I've been playing around with various houserules in my game to avoid that rather grim situation happening all over the place. In its current incarnation, most wild pokemon will flee at 0 hp. If this isn't possible they will faint but if they are caught while fainted it automatically sets their loyalty to the lowest possible level, making them more or less unusable for a pretty long period in-game.

Not sure how Wolf G is planning on running it, of course.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rereading the thread I see that egg + TM moves are supposed to be provided by wolf g, so I'm pretty much good to go as far as stats go.

Not that I wouldn't mind having agility to have another cool type contest move and a nice self-buff to see what can be done with lots of speed in this game.

You know...just sayin :>

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Speed at high levels can make you terrifying/annoying as hell.

Every 10 speed points you have is 1 evade point. Given enough speed you become more or less unhittable. Imagine a Speed Ace with a Ninjask with doubleteam. Unholy right there.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ETA 0:00

Ready everybody, here we go.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Speed at high levels can make you terrifying/annoying as hell.

Every 10 speed points you have is 1 evade point. Given enough speed you become more or less unhittable. Imagine a Speed Ace with a Ninjask with doubleteam. Unholy right there.

terrifying D:

but also really cool.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not even touching on the kind of stuff type aces can get up to, of course.

Ghost/Steel Bronzong with Levitate AND Heatproof? Totally doable.

Edit: Hooray!

Marshmallow on