Options

Borderlands: That thread is our last hope. No, there is another.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm a little pissed at myself for missing out on this game for over a year. It's bloody awesome.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can you use the new Knoxx cars anywhere outside of Knoxx

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can you use the new Knoxx cars anywhere outside of Knoxx

no

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A few quick questions that I've been unable to find answers to while searching around and reading archives:

(1) Upon finishing the story in Playthrough 1, can I continue to play PT1 as long as I like (exiting the game and going back in etc etc) or do I get railroaded into PT2 next time I S&E?

(2) The official forums recommend that I essentially skip the majority of side stuff and DLC all the way through PT1 and PT2. So, basically, do just the story mode twice, and then start in with the extra content. I get why this is recommended regarding over-levelling, but I'm worried that I'll get bored with the game before completing the playthrough twice in a row without any side stuff. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll get bored with the game if I over-level myself too much by doing too much side stuff. Any thoughts?

(3) Is there any reasonable way to transfer items between my chars on the PC version? It was pretty easy on the console, where I just had to load up a splitscreen game, but is there any good PC way to do it short of finding a friend to mule for me?

Thanks everybody!

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A few quick questions that I've been unable to find answers to while searching around and reading archives:

(1) Upon finishing the story in Playthrough 1, can I continue to play PT1 as long as I like (exiting the game and going back in etc etc) or do I get railroaded into PT2 next time I S&E?

(2) The official forums recommend that I essentially skip the majority of side stuff and DLC all the way through PT1 and PT2. So, basically, do just the story mode twice, and then start in with the extra content. I get why this is recommended regarding over-levelling, but I'm worried that I'll get bored with the game before completing the playthrough twice in a row without any side stuff. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll get bored with the game if I over-level myself too much by doing too much side stuff. Any thoughts?

(3) Is there any reasonable way to transfer items between my chars on the PC version? It was pretty easy on the console, where I just had to load up a splitscreen game, but is there any good PC way to do it short of finding a friend to mule for me?

Thanks everybody!

1. you get to choose which one you want to play.

2. you'll only get bored if you're not playing with friends and are rushing rushing rushing. sit back, enjoy the looting and shooting, and play with others you know.

3. the usual PC way to do it does require a friend, but generally: join his game with character 1, drop gun, exit; join his game with character 2, pick up gun, exit. you can even do this with random public games, but it's not advised given that people will ninja your stuff while you're away :P nearly lost a great shield that way, but this is why i backup my saves.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The easiest and quickest way to transfer items between characters on the PC is to use the export to locker/import to locker function on the save game editor. No running a risk of someone stealing your loot, or running the game client twice to make a LAN with yourself and it can be done in less time then it would take you to launch and enter a game.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've only gotten less than a total of 35 levels between two characters, but I'm loving melee beserking, and I'd like to see them expand melee in Borderlands 2.

Yes, this too. I'm constantly disappointed by the fact that there's no melee weapons to loot, and that they obviously thought about the melee a little bit, basically by saying, "Hey, so we're running out of ideas for some of the skill trees... how about melee?" Just look at Brick, a character that's designed around punching shit, and he's completely fucking awesome, except that the punching shit part has absolutely no depth.

I would definitely enjoy a bit more thought in the melee department. Some combination melee/shooting techniques would be cool, and an added jump attack possibly. Why can't I pick up those exploding barrels as Brick, and throw them at baddies, or throwing the baddies at one another? The game is really fucking flashy all around, let's make the melee flashy too. They've definitely got the animators for it. And I'd love a force push with Lilith.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How is respawn cost determined?

The first time it cost me around $60, then the second time it just cost me $440

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How is respawn cost determined?

The first time it cost me around $60, then the second time it just cost me $440

it's a set percentage of your total money, iirc. i regularly lose millions when i wipe :P

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    330+ mil was my highest wipe.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jesus

I didn't know you end up that swimming in money eventually

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Money becomes worthless after a while.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In my early 40s now on my hunter. Finished the main and zombie dlc now. I was expecting the final boss of the main story to be terrible because I had heard about it in podcasts multiple times, but the last boss of the zombie DLC was literally the same thing only we moved like twice.

They really need to figure out how to make a decent boss fight because pretty much everything has simply been "stand still and empty clip after clip into this thing's critical point." (Except that piece of shit rakk hive which was SO FUCKING ANNOYING FUCK RAKKS.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    FightTest wrote: »
    In my early 40s now on my hunter. Finished the main and zombie dlc now. I was expecting the final boss of the main story to be terrible because I had heard about it in podcasts multiple times, but the last boss of the zombie DLC was literally the same thing only we moved like twice.

They really need to figure out how to make a decent boss fight because pretty much everything has simply been "stand still and empty clip after clip into this thing's critical point." (Except that piece of shit rakk hive which was SO FUCKING ANNOYING FUCK RAKKS.)

Ironic, that the one boss fight requiring movement you complain. :P j/k

Although the only boss I believe to be a challenge could be Craw, because that ugly fucker knocks off 95% of your health and shields no matter WHAT you do.

Ridiculous.

Gearbox really doesn't know how to make a worthwhile and challenging boss. I think it's mostly because the loots can really skew the challenge.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    330+ mil was my highest wipe.

im ocd and have to pick up and sell every weapon from craw so when the level cap changed i think i lost 1.6b (i really just want a filter so i cant see white green drops)

and while we are tossing out ideas for borderworlds

the way spawn points auto populate is bs, it sucks for sniping

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aegeri wrote: »

Depends on how many trips you want to make to the World's Largest Bullet. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SoulGate wrote: »
    FightTest wrote: »

Ironic, that the one boss fight requiring movement you complain. :P j/k

Although the only boss I believe to be a challenge could be Craw, because that ugly fucker knocks off 95% of your health and shields no matter WHAT you do.

Ridiculous.

Gearbox really doesn't know how to make a worthwhile and challenging boss. I think it's mostly because the loots can really skew the challenge.

How does the Rakk hive require movement?

There's a little ledge on the south side of the "arena". Just wake him up and go stand up there. You always have a straight line to his face giving you free crits and it goes down like a bitch. It's not even an exploit. It's just a little ledge with an ammo chest or two.

There is literally no challenge to the Rakk Hive.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in chat if anybody is up for playing...

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only boss I remember being frustrating was Sledge.

But now that I think about it, the bosses in this game kind of sucked all around.

Anyway, I popped in because I beat this game the first month it was out, and now I have all the DLCs but haven't played it since then. I'm honestly worried I might not remember the game well enough, or that they will just suck and kill my dearest memories of this excellent title.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mad Mel was frustrating

oh yes

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh man

So I'm doing the Zombie Island for the first time, and fought Hank Reiss last night

Now today I'm going through the quest where you find his audio logs...oh man, I feel so bad now. I was curious about the hat.

Was that quest available before you fight him or do they make you do all that after the fact? I think it's pretty clever if it's the latter.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also holy shit that's some crazy slowdown whenever Corpse Eaters show up

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure you can collect the audio logs first.

Arteen on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arteen wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can collect the audio logs first.

Yeah the audio logs come before you go to the hospital.

And that is a nice hat he got.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm surprised by just how long Dr. Ned's is. I wasn't expecting this at all. Makes me eager to see how long the other ones are.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

-snip-

Thanks everybody!

Since the easiest way to do this (and to dupe weapons if you so happened to want to) wasn't mentioned: Just start a LAN game with Character A, start a second copy of the game up, join first game with Character B/Mule. If you happen to close the host game before the client it'll copy all the guns. Or the other way around, been awhile since I accidentally discovered it.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh what the FUCK

Just after beating Ned did I find TK Baha

They haven't been counting all the brains I've been getting

@#!@$#^!@#$

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mad Mel was stupid. I got fed up with him and just jumped out my ride and shot him down with my rifle.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh what the FUCK

Just after beating Ned did I find TK Baha

They haven't been counting all the brains I've been getting

@#!@$#^!@#$
    yeah that's a fucking pain

what you want to do is get there ASAP, don't pick up any brains, and farm the first couple rounds there before moving on and doing the big challenges during the rest of the DLC

it's fairly obnoxious, but you can plan around it

if you don't know it's there... yeah

Elendil on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh what the fuck.

Dying in the Underdome doesn't just put you at the beginning of the round (as I would expect) it puts you at the beginning of the prior round? The one you had beaten? God that's a pile of dicks to solo. Thank goodness I only need to finish round five and not round 20.

EDIT: Oh, has Gearbox said anything about anymore DLC or updates to the game?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh what the fuck.

Dying in the Underdome doesn't just put you at the beginning of the round (as I would expect) it puts you at the beginning of the prior round? The one you had beaten? God that's a pile of dicks to solo. Thank goodness I only need to finish round five and not round 20.

EDIT: Oh, has Gearbox said anything about anymore DLC or updates to the game?

Pretty sure they said they're done with it (unless they're not: $$$).

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I bought this game for the PS3 soon after it was released.

I hated it and traded it in soon after.

So I bought it through the Steam Sale.

This game is much more suited to KBAM than it is to the Dualshock.

Now if they could only fix the multiplayer.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Multi's fine it's for coop and anyone that thinks differently is wrong.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in chat if anybody is up for a go...

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    maybe he is talking about the gamespy stuff, skut

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I didn't hate it the first time I bought it, I thought it was neat but it didn't grab me

Yesterday this was all I played

I think playing as a Siren makes all the difference, it's way more fun to me then playing as a Soldier (or whatever the class is that has the turret)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I didn't hate it the first time I bought it, I thought it was neat but it didn't grab me

Yesterday this was all I played

I think playing as a Siren makes all the difference, it's way more fun to me then playing as a Soldier (or whatever the class is that has the turret)
    soldier takes a while to develop and the turret is pretty underwhelming

soldier's great once you hit level 40 or so though

Elendil on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aegeri wrote: »

It becomes a non-consideration, anyway.

It's nice to just be able to treat the vendors as extra loot chests, though.

I'm up to around 400 mil a wipe on my Knoxx-running Brick.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    maybe he is talking about the gamespy stuff, skut

I am. Gamespy is terrible.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bought the game on the steam sale and have been enjoying it much more than I expected. Could I get an invite to the steam group? Also how does one go about finding others to play with since the chat room is empty most of the time.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998260498

Tertiee on