As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E OOC & Recruitment] The Tomb of Horrors! aka Rocks fall, everyone dies

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I swear to god at some point when someone runs a goofy campaign I am going to make a human bard who has arrived in the world by means of a phone booth and plays air guitar to heal people.

Kelor on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kelor this will be you

And it will be glorious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv0xIoSqK7A

Farangu on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But there's no blow in that video

You can't have guitars, imaginary or not, without some form of cocaine

Farangu on
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just assume that since bards are arcane and arcane spreads death and destruction in Dark Sun that all bards in Dark Sun are heavy metal madmen in full corpse pain.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, Orokos is giving me problems right now so sheets will be forthcoming

VLAD HELLSTORM, DWARVEN HEAVY METAL BARD

Vlad is all metal and dwarf, runs on booze and lives to write and sing about awesome battles and feats of heroism. He's seen a lot in his time, always hunting for something more brutal, more dangerous and deadly. Tomb of Horrors? Fuck yeah

Sucir Soveliss, of Soveliss Solutions

Got a problem? Sucir can fix it. With magic. Nothing is too big or too small as long as the gold is right. Just think of the publicity he'd get if he magicked his way through the Tomb of Horrors!

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is going to take a long time to sift through. Still, I said it was open until Wednesday so until Wednesday is over wherever you live I guess we're still open for applicants.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    licwidcakelicwidcake Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have the new book but I have never played the old version. I'll make a character tonight after work.

licwidcake on
  • Options
    ExoraExora Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I really want in on this, but I'm on holidays until August 28th. I'll post a character or two tonight and hopefully I can get in when the tomb starts decimating the party.

I'm reasonably new to D&D (started with 4e) and have never played ToH.

Exora on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    One more for your consideration. I'm an old school gamer who hasn't played in the Tomb of Horrors, this should be awesome!

Derek Deepdelver - Professional Dungeon Delver, Dual-Wand Wielding Fireball thrower

Derek's a pro: He delves dungeons. For money, fame, glory and women. He's very good at it. He's got the spells and rituals to make it work. His knowledge of dungeons is so vast he can disable traps and open locks like a thief. When the inhabitants of the dungeons come for him, Derek is ready with dual wands and a Fireball spell on his lips. Or a lightning bolt. Or something else horrible for the bad guy.

Picture:
    list4.jpg

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gorebash Gunnarsonn, Dragonborn Inspiring Warlord, WARRIOR OF METAL.

"*An unintelligible metal grooooowwwwwwwwl!*"

Gorebash is awesome. As in, he inspires awe. Gorebash is terrific. As in, he inspires terror. Gorebash is impossible to understand, and yet, his growly, gravelly voice gets the point across. He carries a huge two-handed axe, wears armour forged in BLOOD AND FIRE, covered in extraneous spikes, and his victory cry is BLOOD AND HONOUR! Men long to fight for him, to die for him, and women throw themselves at his feet to worship. You know what they say about men with big horns.

Oh, he can't pick locks, though. He is, on the other hand, a great inspirational leader, capable of dishing out some damage on his own, and his dragonbreath is the stuff of legends. Seriously. Check it out. He has three feats invested in making it awesome.

dragonbornwarlord.png

(The main image is a little big, click the token to see it.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some way to gauge longest lasting? Like number of hazards/traps/encounters survived?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone else have three feats tied up in their racial power though, jdark? Do they?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was thinking of .. Ensign Red shirt - Killed before killing anything.

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would think it'd be nice to know who's set off the most traps

Farangu on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Friendly fire damage dealt/taken

Not so much a leaderboard stat, but average character lifespan

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This is my favorite thread on the Citadel

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Man, I really hope The Tomb lives up to its rep and manages to kill some guys now. This was meant to be my first easy foray into PbP DMing and now I've got all this performance pressure.

(Work allowing) let the fun start tomorrow!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's the record for most kills on a PBP?

Is there a kill per post ratio we're aiming for?

ironzerg on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    e~ oops wrong thread.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've had a guy die in a game I was playing in RL! Actually, I've had a TPW, and a single character death.

...Neither were during combat.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Character post updated with sheets
    Hmm, Orokos is giving me problems right now so sheets will be forthcoming

VLAD HELLSTORM, DWARVEN HEAVY METAL BARD

Vlad is all metal and dwarf, runs on booze and lives to write and sing about awesome battles and feats of heroism. He's seen a lot in his time, always hunting for something more brutal, more dangerous and deadly. Tomb of Horrors? Fuck yeah

Sucir Soveliss, of Soveliss Solutions

Got a problem? Sucir can fix it. With magic. Nothing is too big or too small as long as the gold is right. Just think of the publicity he'd get if he magicked his way through the Tomb of Horrors!

• Options
    licwidcakelicwidcake Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Presenting:

Shanairra, Eladrin Psion
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2454

Shanairra (Shan to her friends) is a very inquisitive Eladrin. She like to explore, collect treasure, and generally investigate everything and anything she can. She heard about the tomb of horrors as a passing rumor and immediately set off to see what she could find.

Token:
    1622942-xs.jpg
    AND!

Keeping with a theme...

Lars Mjnoir, Paladin to the gods of METAL

Lars wields his mighty axe like an instrument...of death and destruction! He is constantly looking for a fight from anywhere and anyone. Singing his battle hymn, Lars wades into battle and strikes about him with all the wrath he can muster. His axe lands so hard and so fast amongst his enemies, some would say it is like the beat of war drums. He heard about the tomb of horrors from a fellow follower of the metal and decided to test his strength against it. Win or lose, he was sure he'd end up killing some cool stuff.

Token:
    wow-dwarf-model-700.jpg

licwidcake on
  • Options
    ExoraExora Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    My two submissions:

http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2458
    Hazel Mendlehoff
    Razorclaw Shifter Trickster Rogue
    Most people don't think much of her when they see her small stature and quiet personality. She's ok with that though, it only makes it easier to rob you blind.

http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2457
    Senli 'Nyx' Nyostradax
    Gnome Artificer
    Whilehelikestotalkreallyreallyfrustratinglyfast... he is an asset to any dungeon delve, especially those involving tombs. An archeologist at heart, Nyx loves to collect interesting items, which he promptly tosses away as soon as something new is found.

Exora on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Stop! No more!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But but but! I had at least 3 more awesome not-entirely-serious character ideeeeaaaaaas!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »

Did I really forget that? I did! I'm a superstar. FIXED!

You know what else I noticed? That magic missile in the CB is now an encounter power? When did that happen and why? Uncool.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's cause your force wand gives you magic missile as an encounter power, which for some reason removes your at-will version and moves it down to encounters.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That seems less than ideal. A quick re-jigging of wands and spells and.....Fixed!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha for once we are going to be the bodies found later by real professional adventurers.

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's cause your force wand gives you magic missile as an encounter power, which for some reason removes your at-will version and moves it down to encounters.

Buggy CB gonna bug. :P

Not like there's a chance in the Abyss WotC would do anything to make Wizards less powerful... *cough*

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    That seems less than ideal. A quick re-jigging of wands and spells and.....Fixed!

Keep the wand (because it's plus 1 damage to force powers!) and just use Magic Missle as an at-will. It's a bug that moves it, not a feature ;-).

Actually, does Force Wand give +1 to MM now that it's auto-hit?

streever on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    streever wrote: »

Keep the wand (because it's plus 1 damage to force powers!) and just use Magic Missle as an at-will. It's a bug that moves it, not a feature ;-).

Yeah, it's just a bug. The CB can't display 2 copies of a power in your powers list

Phyphor on
  • Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gristle McThornbody

Raven Queen follower tasked with watching and recording the gratuitous amounts of death, without dying himself - hopefully.

If anyone could check his equipment and make sure it jives, that'd be great.

Squints on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You would add it's enchantment bonus*and the extra +1* to the damage dealt, but there's no attack roll to give a bonus too.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squints wrote: »
    Gristle McThornbody

Raven Queen follower tasked with watching and recording the gratuitous amounts of death, without dying himself - hopefully.

If he dies will you roll Big McLargehuge?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lump Beefbroth is next

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    streever wrote: »

Yeah, it's just a bug. The CB can't display 2 copies of a power in your powers list

I swapped out the Force Wand for a Flame Wand anyway. Dropped Scorching Burst from my spell list in favour of something chilly, and I'll keep Scorching Burst as an encounter power from the wand. As a player I opt for convienience sometimes over optimization. :)

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Squints wrote: »
    Gristle McThornbody

I think you missed the cutoff point by about 7 hours. Not sure, though. Jam Warrior did post 'no more!' earlier.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Meh. I'll just watch then. Worth posting for the blue dot.

Squints on