As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adoration, Abhorrence, and Ambivalence the thread wherein we complain or we don't

28682868 Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
Start!

Things have been pretty good for me lately. Rogues are fun. Who knew.

Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
2868 on

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Woot!
    aardvark.jpg

Anyway:

Adore: My PvP set is coming along nicely

Amusing: Defending the mine in AB from three Alli by myself.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can't think of A words.

Love: Rogue PvP.

Loathe: DKs and Warlocks.

As a side note I'm interested in leveling a priest in Cata or a Warrior. Priest for casting dps/healing and Warrior for melee dps/tanking, simply because I'd like to do every role but with fewer characters.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Can't think of A words.

Adore: Rogue PvP.

Appalled: DKs and Warlocks.

As a side note I'm interested in leveling a priest in Cata or a Warrior. Priest for casting dps/healing and Warrior for melee dps/tanking, simply because I'd like to do every role but with fewer characters.

There, I fixed it for ya.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adored: Got through H10 Dreamwalker

Appalled: Our best attempt on H10 Sindragosa was a 12% wipe :(

Nobody on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: Tanking on my baby pally
    Appalled: Tanking on my baby pally

noobert on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Angry: Why did I agree to go to Ulduar Hard modes? I don't like hard modes. Turns out all I really need is heroic iron council and heroic Yogg and I get something. But my interest in that is... nonexistent.

What I would really like to do is get in on a Lich King kill, but non heroic. I just want to "complete" the instance.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Angry: Why did I agree to go to Ulduar Hard modes? I don't like hard modes. Turns out all I really need is heroic iron council and heroic Yogg and I get something. But my interest in that is... nonexistent.

What I would really like to do is get in on a Lich King kill, but non heroic. I just want to "complete" the instance.

But...but...you get to push a big red button, and kill a couple bosses faster without changing the aspects of the fight, and nearly go insane, and almost lose all your sanity.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's all about cultivating fire.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Abhorrence: still no Lich King kill. The guild cleared up to Sindragosa last night, though (my Internet was down). Hopefully people show up on Thursday and we kick his ass.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »

But...but...you get to push a big red button, and kill a couple bosses faster without changing the aspects of the fight, and nearly go insane, and almost lose all your sanity.

Meh, that aspect of the game isn't for me. I mean the hardcore raiding part. I was told to flask up for a fight. Wahoo, now that I have this flask I have 180 more AP :|

They made me pay for it. :(

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »

Meh, that aspect of the game isn't for me. I mean the hardcore raiding part. I was told to flask up for a fight. Wahoo, now that I have this flask I have 180 more AP :|

They made me pay for it.

I normally am not in favor of running through something again and it being the exact same thing cept the bosses hit harder, have to kill more stuff, and more damage is being thrown around for no reason other than to be heroic (ICC/ToC).

However, Ulduar did a great job of changing the way the fights are (excluding Ignus and Hodir) in that how you approach the fight determines how the actual difficulty will be. Thats why I actually enjoy Ulduar's hard modes opposed to the other raids.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: My Ret paladin after paying for a character recustomization/sex change.

Appalling: Northrend leveling.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Adore: My Ret paladin after paying for a character recustomization/sex change.

Appalling: Northrend leveling.

I'm waiting to level my 70 warrior in the hope that WotLK leveling will be much quicker come Cata.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: tanking on my new warrior.

Appalling: how much more durable warrior feels than druid, even with like 1.5k less gearscore

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Trying to solo terrok this week was annoying but then I was curious is the only way to pop his bubble is with the bomber's flames?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ?? : I'm feeling the WoW itch again, after two months :/

Mainly, i'd like to get the drakes from Ulduar and ICC, but my guild went horde, and alliance side is pretty much dead on my server.

I wish Blizz opened free transfers to a decent pop server so i could leave that hellhole with my alts without having to fork over who knows how many euros.

quaigy on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Trying to solo terrok this week was annoying but then I was curious is the only way to pop his bubble is with the bomber's flames?

As far as I have done with getting my Skyguard rep up on my guys, yes. You have to kite him around until you see the smoke.

Easy as pie to solo on a hunter or pally, but a HUGE pain as a mage or something along those lines. Once the shield goes down, he hits like a truck.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Adore: Doing so much dps that Terrok never gets his bubble up.

All the dps.

All of it.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Agonizing: All the money I spent to power level Inscription

Anticipating: All the money I get selling glyphs

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anticipated Adoration actually Apathy: Finally killing Cthun. Kinda anti climactic when he dies so fast, also didn't get to get eaten sadly. Oh well, seen it now, got the achievement, added a mount to the collection.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adoration: My Discipline/Shadow Priest is almost all growed up at 80, and a big part of me doesn't want to leave the levelling through dungeons in Northrend experience. Here's the story:

My Priest started out Alliance-side as a Dwarf. When I had stopped playing Alliance and gone Horde, I'd been toying with faction changing him, along with my Death Knight. I decided to take a break from my Priest to focus on my Troll Shaman (who was already there), and my Death Knight (now a Tauren). When those two had reached a pretty good level of gear, I went back and looked at my characters and thought "Nah, I'll roll a Rogue, always wanted one of those". Few weeks later, level 80 Rogue in T9 equipment for the most part.

So I finally faction-change my Priest over to Horde at level 76, making it an Undead, and give Disc a shot. It's a rough ride for the first one or two normal Violet Holds, but it evens out. Then, because the battle group (Vindication EU) is so small, a mere 8 realms occupying it, you tend to bump into the same people again and again in the dungeon finder, and I feel the love because people remember my little Priest healing them from another random. Yesterday I zoned in on a Gundrak normal with the first two bosses down, only to be greeted by a Warlock saying "Yay! It's the P.I. Priest <3". We'd done Violet Hold together a couple of days ago.

Stuff like that just makes my day, I guess.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    noobert wrote: »
    Adore: Tanking on my baby pally
    Appalled: Tanking on my baby pally

Funny cause it's true. Had a DK who decided I wasn't moving fast enough and started tanking things. His every death was a precious moment I will treasure forever. 5 deaths later he let me tank again, 3 deaths later I broke down and reminded him to turn off Frost presence.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Adore: Doing so much dps that Terrok never gets his bubble up.

All the dps.

All of it.

? my brother and I tried it as a mage and warlock and my felguard got a case of the stupids and just stood there when terrok did his bubble and whaled on him

We can kite him to the smoke but they don't drop the firebomb right then
    WE almost had him but then he did do another bubble at 3 health! and he really did hit like a truck right then

Brainleech on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Abhorrence: Firefighter and 1 Light left on the Rusted Proto-drake.

Yukira on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can't believe I missed appalling. It took me so long to think of three A words. Soooo long. Finally settled on Abhor.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apathy: Earlier this year, the guild I was in never ran ICC at times that worked for me (say 9-10 Eastern start). Who's gonna bring me into ANY ICC raid now, when I've never even seen Marrowgar die? At this point, it's probably better to just let my druid and death knight wait for Cata.

Ambassador: What my death knight is working towards.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    SentretSentret Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anticipation: Cataclysm for new raids! New Dungeons! New places to farm that aren't full of the undead!

Anger: The horrible terribleness of pugs on Khaz Modan, the server where the average pick up ICC doesn't bother to even try getting past 4/12.

Agony: That last point of tailoring, 20ish bags and counting.

Sentret on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apathy: I haven't really *played* WoW in about 2 weeks. There are a couple of things I do still want to try and get done, like getting my druid the damn raven mount that never drops. And finishing getting my DK to Ambassador (basically just to have all the main factions at Exalted really.) But... meh.

I also need to unload some of my mat type stuff, specifically the tons of epic gems I've gotten from having two transmutation masters for a long damn time. And I've even kind of stopped doing transmutes too (one of the few things I would still log on every day to do.)

It's usually not even worth it to cancel my subscription either, because I do it in 6 month blocks, I don't remember offhand when this chunk expires, but in all likelyhood, by the time it does, 3.9 will be out if not Cataclysm itself. So I just keep it rolling.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adoration: My Uld25 run last night went wonderfully. Granted I had about 5 people either no show or exteremly late BUT with the gear the rest of us had, 18maning that place was easy. Tons of achievements to be had, and Mim's head is in the forecast!

Ambivalence: Love that I got a good chunck of my raiders from another top end guild that is on a break till, but hate the divas that can come with it. So far I have just 1.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aaaargh! Skinning in Outland. This boar is orange, and I skin it to get 1 leather scrap and no skill up. Fuck you!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aaaargh! Skinning in Outland. This boar is orange, and I skin it to get 1 leather scrap and no skill up. Fuck you!

What the hell, that's weird.

Sure you're not capped? Because I totally made that mistake once.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    End wrote: »

What the hell, that's weird.

Sure you're not capped? Because I totally made that mistake once.

Upgrading my professions was the first thing I did when I got to Thrallmart®. Eventually I got skillups, but those first few skinning attempts were frustrating.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No that's just how leveling skinning worked in outland... It was fucking terrible.

And damn it I have to do it again on my new gatherer

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm still mad about it, becuase it's terrible.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah it was... I'm pretty sure it didn't work like that for any other gathering professions though which is crap

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Antoginizing: Watching discussions of beta testers in Cataclysm. :(

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Argleblargle: Feeling a MMO itch, not sure if i can wait till Cata. I've only been gone 2-3 months :/

Absolution: Reminding myself that my choices boil down to
    a) level an alt or two from 60-70, so they can be transmute mules come cata. Won't do 70-78 for the 4th time because I think they will lower the exp curve.
    b) Get into pvp, which I haven't liked since tarren mill/southshore days

Kinda helps. Don't care about the high end content after getting Kingslayer 10.

Still gotta find something multiplayer to get into.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Abhorrence: Through armory I found out that I have ran regular Forge of Souls 38 times and I've only seen the cape drop once for my warrior. The groups I've been in range from overgeared toons helping out an alt buddy to holy pallies wearing nothing but ret gear.

It's been a long damn journey so far. I hope it ends soon.

Edit: I finally got the drop the 2nd run of the night.

Adore: I don't have to run that damn place every again.

Ambivalence: I'm trying to play the auction house, which is another journey in itself. Supposedly, I have all the necessary professions across my toons to bring in the big bucks, but I'm lazy.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
This discussion has been closed.