As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adoration, Abhorrence, and Ambivalence the thread wherein we complain or we don't

• Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Agony - Joined yet another 25m ICC that couldn't manage to get Rotface down. I'll I want is damn Trauma out of this place, is that so much to ask? God I hate 25's

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adoration: Finally had a fri night free and jumped into the weekly GDKP run again. They had beaten LK a few weeks ago so a few HM's. Took my rogue in.
    H Marrowgar - 1 Shot
    Reg Deathwhisper
    H Lootship - Lol
    Reg Saurfang
    H Dreamwalker - 3 Shot
    Reg Sindy
    Got the Blood wing weekly
    H Princes - 1 Shot
    H Blood Queen - 1 Shot + Got the weekly
    H Rotface - 1 Shot
    Reg Fester/Putricide - Were running out of time at this point and wanted to give LK a few shots

Gave LK like 3 shots. Didnt go too well. By this time we had been raiding for quite a bit and our cut off time was 12 server which is 1 my time.

All in all was a great run. I got the H ribspreader for 2k. Each person got 7600 gold for the run.

Sammich on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have been on 3 trips to Icecrown 2 10's and 1 25 only one was not a disaster but then on the only time people did not bitch as each other for not knowing the fight or doing the gear score crap we got as far as Saurfang and had a dc fest

I see a bunch of GDKP runs poping up but then it's the same three people and they have a less than savoury rep on the horde

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sat mid afternoon GDKP run. This one is not one that goes far but its a great place to get upgrades.
    Took my mage to this one, since i havent taken her anywhere for a while.
    Got a few upgrades. Frozen Bonespike/Crushing coldwraith belt/Tier toke to upgrade my Helm/DFO(YAAY). Was loosing hit so had to buy the ladys brittle bracers.
    Spent 14k for the GDKP run, and 6k for the bracers. Brought my mage back up to decency. Total made from the run was 1800 gold.

Wanted to take my paly to our guilds GDKP run but had to be out for the night/weekend. Was a good 2 runs. Im really in love with GDKP.

Sammich on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: Hey it's pretty fun raiding again after a 2 month break.

Adore: Hey it's pretty fun raiding when people don't suck.

On a new server, this group has never raided anything but ToC a week before we joined. Oh hey getting to the lich king in one night, Oh hey getting a few hard modes down. That's pretty good lemme tell you.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    O boy Guild Achievements I thought they did not want the return of mega guilds

What I don't like about gdkp is the people running them maybe I don't want the pay just to kill a boss that drops nothing I want, Maybe I don't want that item? and many other reasons

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You dont pay anything for a boss that doesnt drop anything you want. You dont have to spend a single gold the whole run if you dont and just collect. If you dont want the items, doesnt matter. There is no set fee for killing a boss. You only bid on items and the items usually have a min bid. If you dont want to bid dont. It gets sharded and the way we do it is at the end all the saronite and the crystals get bid on as one big pile.

Sammich on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I dont know what kind of fools Brainleech is doing GDKPs with.

I know that some charge a fee just to get in, but not many, the horde GDKP on Dark Iron charges a fee to any non King Slayers, basically to sell the titles.

Some may require you to bid on upgrades, but someone in the raid would have to know that it is an upgrade for you, and then why wouldn't you want it?

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yea im not sure either unless you just want money, which happens. Our runs cost nothing to get in. Our min bids for items start at 1k for reg 264, 2k for HM stuff. Primordial Saronites and Abyss crystals go in one pot at the end of the run. The bloods off rot/fester start at 500. You can bring in alts if you want as long as they dont do like 2k. But most of the time it doesnt matter as you'll be spending money for upgrades and unless there are like 10 of you, it wont matter to the success of the raid

Sammich on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: Ding, Troll DK @ 80! (That makes 10 for those keeping score at home) I have accomplished my goal of getting a Horde toon to max level before they destroy everything.

Abhor: Just in time for half the people I wanted to play with to get bored and WoWquit again.

Agony: Bad Moonkin. Please don't Starfall when I'm trying to LoS a group of casters. Please don't Starfall when there's a ledge with a boss next to where we are. (I'm looking at you, Halls of Stone rock guy) You know what? Please don't Starfall if you don't know when you shouldn't. OK no more Starfall...Oh neat, you managed to Typhoon that pack into not just one other pack, but also a boss. Oh no you're right, you didn't use a knockback, it was the Shaman. Yes, Shamans can also have a knockback, but if you'll notice this Shaman is meleeing stuff and has little sparkly puppy pets. You know what, jjust nvm. /twitch.

Ambivalent: Leveling the Mage.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    moonkin just seems like a recipe for terrible. Every time I get into a five man with one it's like, okay, here we go...

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You are absolutely right, the group needs at least two more moonkin.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's not our fault Starfall pulls agro from 8 rooms over.

I just love using it on the trash before Marrowgar, gets everyone warmed up and ready for a great run.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Only issue I have with starfall is in the room with the spiders in DTK, it breaks the trolls out of the web wraps making the run take longer.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adoration: My warrior was 58 earlier this afternoon. He's 65 now.
    Abhorrence: Tanking. Fuck it. I'm going Fury now. Everyone else can get fucked.
    Ambivalence: Fury is fun, but.. Am I supposed to constantly have no rage? :?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tanking is fun if you pretend all your DPS are NPCs with terrible AI.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Adore: Ding, Troll DK @ 80! (That makes 10 for those keeping score at home) I have accomplished my goal of getting a Horde toon to max level before they destroy everything.

Abhor: Just in time for half the people I wanted to play with to get bored and WoWquit again.

Agony: Bad Moonkin. Please don't Starfall when I'm trying to LoS a group of casters. Please don't Starfall when there's a ledge with a boss next to where we are. (I'm looking at you, Halls of Stone rock guy) You know what? Please don't Starfall if you don't know when you shouldn't. OK no more Starfall...Oh neat, you managed to Typhoon that pack into not just one other pack, but also a boss. Oh no you're right, you didn't use a knockback, it was the Shaman. Yes, Shamans can also have a knockback, but if you'll notice this Shaman is meleeing stuff and has little sparkly puppy pets. You know what, jjust nvm. /twitch.

Ambivalent: Leveling the Mage.

That's why I don't use starfall on trash except during emergencies (and at the end of the PoS cave). I'm not comfortable with it. It kind of sucks that I'm not maximizing damage, but whatever.
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Adoration: My warrior was 58 earlier this afternoon. He's 65 now.
    Abhorrence: Tanking. Fuck it. I'm going Fury now. Everyone else can get fucked.
    Ambivalence: Fury is fun, but.. Am I supposed to constantly have no rage? :?

I've actually been leveling as Prot, but dps'ing in instances. This seems backwards, but fuck... just fuck.

jackal on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Typhoon is only good for cliffs, griefing people off of Thorim's Temple, the flag spot in EotS, the Alli bridge in AV, and Lumber Mill in AB.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And it makes me =( since moonkin are big and snuggly and give me amazing buffs ahhhhh.
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Typhoon is only good for cliffs, griefing people off of Thorim's Temple, the flag spot in EotS, the Alli bridge in AV, and Lumber Mill in AB.

Mmmm, just like Mind Control.

I need to try this...

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    bowen wrote: »

You.... you mean they're not?

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's a pretty simple AI:
    if (message.IsEqual("Turn off growl on your pet"))
    {
    response = "Fuck you, it's my $15. I'll play how I want"
    }
    if (message.IsEqual("Stop rolling need on gear your class can't even equip."))
    {
    response = "Fuck you, it's my $15. I'll play how I want"
    }
    etc...

edit: actually that should be "lolz fuck u its my 15 ill play how i want"

jackal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's a huge waste of CPU power.
    if(message.DirectedTowardsMe()) {
        response = "lawl f you bitch it's my 15";
    } else {
        me.castNextRandomAbility();
    }

bowen on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I went from 15-65 as prot. I really don't think I could have taken much more without putting something sharp through my eye socket. The only thing I will miss is the instant queues.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And it makes me =( since moonkin are big and snuggly and give me amazing buffs ahhhhh.
    Aeyther wrote: »

Mmmm, just like Mind Control.

I actually spent the last WG MC'ing random Alli and using them to wail on each other.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    format wrote: »
    Only issue I have with starfall is in the room with the spiders in DTK, it breaks the trolls out of the web wraps making the run take longer.

It's also not a good idea to use it when the one boss splits in Nexus. I had a moonkin pop it when she did the split and it ended up pulling the group in that one corner outside her room :(

Nobody on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The boomkin's sole purpose is to maximize starfall at the cost of all else.

Destruction rains from the heavens!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRy6sAsGx3I

Monsty on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adore: My paladin. Ran a Sethekk Halls last night at 67. Everything goes smoothly up to the last boss. I pull next to a pillar so we can hide easy when he goes to channel that AoE that hurts. Now I laid down all my aggro inducing abilities, I start with the taunt that damages if I'm not targeted, lay down consecrate, avenger's shield, judge wisdom, holy shield, stun hammer(immune but I think you still get the aggro), that little AoE thing pallies have. Pretty much every ability, in a row.

Before the first channel he just stops looking at me and runs over to the door, I think after the hunter or warlock pet. They've had their pets taunt on the whole time, but I haven't had trouble with the trash or the other bosses so I hadn't said anything. He starts to channel, I move out the way, but no one else does. Healer dies, Lock dies, boss is just past half. I pop LoH, get a heal off on the hunter then the warrior dies. Hunter gets sheeped, and instead of letting that heal him I am an idiot and cleanse it. Hunter dies. Boss is down to less than a quarter HP, I can use that ability that's vaguely similar to execute.

Ok, I got bored writing all that out. tl;dr It was a super close boss fight, the 600hp I get when Ardent Defender pops saved the day, pallie wins!

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Much Adoration!: Bane of the Lich King GET!

After 4 weeks + we finally got it. We only had 4 solid attempts on it pirior due to vacations/cats on fire/family aggro. It's not a fight to bring "fresh meat" into, no matter how geared they are, so we always postponed it.

I honestly didn't think we get it last night, for about the first 6 wipes we barely made it into 4th transition. At that point I pulled out the wine bottle. 4 attempts later we got him. I totally attribute our kill to Arbor Mist.

Anticipation: Sindy 25m HM tonight, so we can finish up getting our 25m version Drakes.

Adore: Disc and PVP. Pairing up with a boomchicken for 2s (team name Glitter and Doom) and her plus her brother for 3s (team name PonySlayStation). Her and I wanted sparkle pony express, but her brother made that team :( Oh well, still happy with the 50% win ratio considering her and I barely stepped into arenas before <3

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anticipation: Going to start solo farming HUP for the Blue Proto.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've noticed drinking tends to make really really horrible players less horrible. So the same must apply to people not so horrible.

I still chalk it up to them being terribly programmed AI.

bowen on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've noticed drinking tends to make really really horrible players less horrible. So the same must apply to people not so horrible.

I dunno how anyone can do that fight sober imo! Frostmourne room is EVIL.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awesome: Got my ICC 10 Frostwyrm! Somehow still needed to "not" be bitten by BQL, and didn't have Heroic Princes done. Weird.

Anticlimactic: I got it on my Mage, who I only recently swapped to playing about ~2 months ago. I'd been working on it for my Priest, who has been taking a break from raiding. Still have to get "All you can eat" for that char. ><

Annoyed: Still STILL STILL haven't gotten a good trinket drop for my Mage yet. No DFOs, no Halions, no Sindragosas, nothin'..... horrid horrid luck with trinkets...

Anticipation: Hoping for a good clear tonight. Tuesdays have been hit or miss lately, for some reason.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

I dunno how anyone can do that fight sober imo! Frostmourne room is EVIL.

I'd rather be in that room then up top dealing with the fucking spirits and defile. Fuck defile right in the eye.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have tanking anxiety. A couple drinks would probably make it easier.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Anticipation: Going to start solo farming HUP for the Blue Proto.

Let me know how this goes and I might add it into my queue of "things to do" during the week.

Nobody on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm an ICC25-geared Prot Paladin. I don't think it'll be a problem, really. I do a couple trash pulls, skip the first two bosses and be at Skadi in a few minutes. It might even be quicker than my 10-minute HMGT runs.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm probably about the same gear level as you. My only real worry would be his whirlwind I think.

And the gauntlet would be silly.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I noticed I take less damage in heroics than I do in fucking ZG, what's up with that garbage?

bowen on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I noticed I take less damage in heroics than I do in fucking ZG, what's up with that garbage?

Hakkar gonna keeeeeel yooouuuu.

Or it's because you brought a friend and he got MC'd opening a bone pile :P

Bobble on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vanilla trash was such horse shit. Axe throwers in ZG and the trash leading from the Beast to the last boss in UBRS is so much not fun.

Oghulk on
This discussion has been closed.