Options

Adoration, Abhorrence, and Ambivalence the thread wherein we complain or we don't

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Awe: rogue is now level 35, after maybe 15 hours of play (not in one sitting) from 17.
    Heirlooms?

I doubt it.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For what it's worth, i've dinged 60 on my mage after 1d 17h /played. Only heirlooms were the staff and a trinket.

Adore : New zones. Even if it's a mixed bag (sup' Arathi), overall the post-Shattering world is quite amazing. I'm looking forward to leveling a druid on Kalimdor in Cata.

Abhor:
    72026551416702d5f8cf17cad0b97tt.jpg

That's three time he appears in the zone i'm in and fails to kill me.

quaigy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Damn man just run out in front of him xP

Arthil on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Awe: rogue is now level 35, after maybe 15 hours of play (not in one sitting) from 17.
    Heirlooms?

I've been on my rogue with no exp bonus and gone from 1-53 in edit:36 hours (typo'd 26, lol), so probably not.

Adore: Carried a random group of 50s through all of BRD, did 70% of the DPS (330 overall) on Thaurissan and didn't pull aggro once on my new rogue, thanks feint! Props to the badass priest I was grouped with.

got a snazzy helmet out of it too

Mgcw on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: I got 10 levels on my new shaman today. This is insane how fast I'm leveling.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore:
    adored.jpg

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: Yay, Outland!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    On my server there's 5 epic macaws on the AH going from 15k to 20k. There's also 10 battered hilts going from 2k to 5k. It seems to me like drop rates on things have been increased.

Opty on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: All the new stuff. It's awesome!

Seething Hate: I waited 40 minutes in queue to get into a Shadowfang Keep group. I get in and the tank suddenly disappears and is replaced by a level 80 priest. Then I get a message I've been removed from the group. I would happily stab a fork into the vital regions of whichever goose did that.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: Quest mini movies(or Vignettes if you wanna sound fancy). Did "The day that Deathwing came" in badlands and I was laughing the whole time.

FACE PUNCH!

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They.. They removed all the int from staves in Outland? The fuck?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh PvP server... had a female gnome warrior named Snookums come after my undead hunter in Andorhal while I was trying to watch the end of a quest's conversation between two NPCs. I ran from the hunter that initially shot at me and after escaping found the gnome still following me. She charged me, didn't hamstring me, and I got away, she mounted back up and chased me down the river towards Hillsbrad. I got almost to Tarren Mill before I finally had enough (and passively regenned to almost full health). I dropped a Freeze Trap, turned around and fired an Explosive Shot in her face and went to town. She went around my trap, but lost track of it as I kept it between her and myself. Eventually she hit it, freezing and proccing a Lock n' Load, which got another free Explosive Shot in her face into an Arcane Shot and she was dead. Hope she enjoyed her corpse run.

Abhor: The other hunter killed me solo after that and then the trio of them, the warrior and two hunters, killed me a few more times throughout the night. Eventually my friends got on 80s and headed over, killed the lowbies, which caused I believe that hunter and warrior to get *their* 80s, a paladin and frost mage, who schooled my friends' 80s before it was over. Got rather silly. But seriously, such big balls for 3 characters to gangrape one, woo!

Dranyth on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    5 Random Dungeon Loot Bags in a row: Gloves. Gaaaaaaaarrrgh

Arrath on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Abhor: That one quest in the Undead starting zone. It's the only quest so far where I've actually felt the spawn rate was too low.

Nobody on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    They.. They removed all the int from staves in Outland? The fuck?

(Generally speaking?) They turned it into spell power. Because weapons aren't allowed to have int, for some reason.

Okay, that's not strictly true, but most existing weapons that had intellect were altered to longer do so anymore.

Cataclysm weapons don't really follow that.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Astounding: Out of all the level 80 characters on the Armory named Scott, not a single one of them is currently wearing the Pilgrim title.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Annoyed (but only slightly): Instead of levelling my undead rogue, after hearing you guys talk about the awesome awesomeness of Silverpine I am now redoing the undead starting zones instead.

CarbonRod on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The undead starting area is pretty great.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Abhor: The Soulburn: Soulfire bug. Its horrible. And annoying as all hell.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What bug are you talking about?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    What bug are you talking about?

EJ Forums wrote:
    There seems to be a bug with Soulburn:Soulfire.

If your first Soulburn: Soulfire cast fails for whatever reason (out of range, out of sight) you won't be able to cast another Soulfire as long as you have the Soulburn Buff, even if it should work fine now (in range now, whatever)

Just a small addition: When this bug occurs you cannot cast any spells, which could be empowered for as long as the Soulburn buff is up (no imp, no drain life, etc).

Very aggravating, especially in PvP.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh shit, is that what's happening? I thought it was just my macro. That's fucking annoying!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Seems to be, it was annoying me so much I went digging into EJ to see if they knew about it and there you have it.

Arrath on
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: Whee, leveling instances are a lot more fun for me now as the Healer! Prior to the Shattering they were a different kind of "fun" because Smite healing as Discipline was still wildly powerful, mostly because the Archangel consume would restore 15% mana at most instead of 5% and so I was throwing Smites out basically at mana parity ... and I literally never had to shield or heal anyone anyway, because the monsters were so ridiculously underpowered.

I don't know exactly what many of the changes they made are, but I love all of them! I'm using all of my cooldowns, I had to put Heal and Greater Heal back on my bar, and there have been a few frantic moments where I was basically oom and squeaking by on my in-combat mana regen while we plinked away at the boss. Much easier to stay awake in this brave new world. :wink:

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Abhor: Fuck BRD. I kinda thought Blizz would have streamlined that place a bit, but it's a confusing mess as usual. People are not on the same quests and tanks just go where ever they please despite the fact you tell them you need kill X, Y, or Z.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Shared Abhor: God damn fucking retarded ass Pally 'tanks'. I've been in two instances on my new hunter while leveling, both of which were what I needed to do my class quests. BOTH times I got a couple of damn idiots trying to tank the instance as Ret.

Arthil on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Abhor: Fuck BRD. I kinda thought Blizz would have streamlined that place a bit, but it's a confusing mess as usual. People are not on the same quests and tanks just go where ever they please despite the fact you tell them you need kill X, Y, or Z.

BRD is and will forever be an instance you run only with friends and guildmates.

Under no circumstances whatsoever is it worth trying to do in a pug.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arthil wrote: »
    Shared Abhor: God damn fucking retarded ass Pally 'tanks'. I've been in two instances on my new hunter while leveling, both of which were what I needed to do my class quests. BOTH times I got a couple of damn idiots trying to tank the instance as Ret.

My favorite are all the feral cats trying to heal past level 15.

In feral spec, with all feral gear.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    People just queue up with whatever it'll let them checkmark, to speed it up.

People suck.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »

BRD is and will forever be an instance you run only with friends and guildmates.

Under no circumstances whatsoever is it worth trying to do in a pug.

yea, it's a shame. I got it again and with a tank that was actually doing the quests. He had to go after the first boss.

I'm so close to exalted with Darn. I want to ride a damn cat!.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Abhor: I'm in all caster gear on my now 52 druid, and I can't heal an instance to save my life. I'm good on a fight to fight basis, but each pull is costing me about half of my mana with bosses eating up about 3/4. I've had other people in my group offer to take over healing because the group just goes to slow with me doing it, drinking after almost every pull. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. The shamans I've grouped with seem to have no mana issues at all. I've healed before, its not like I'm new to this, and I'm not chain casting heals on people who don't need them. Are druids just boned until Lifebloom?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You should be relying mainly on rejuv/swiftmend at that level, with the occasional regrowth. Regrowth and Healing Touch are tons of mana and shouldn't need to be cast very often. If your tank is taking too much damage because of shitty gear/talents/whatever else, that's not your fault.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Blizz streamlined ST and made it not absolutely, totally, I-want-to-shoot-myself horrible and, better yet, quick.

Why couldn't they have done the same for BRD and maybe LBRS?

Arrath on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: The new Hillsbrad quests. Especially 'Welcome to the War Machine' and the Sludge Fields line. They've done a fucking marvellous job with this revamp.

exis on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mgcw wrote: »
    You should be relying mainly on rejuv/swiftmend at that level, with the occasional regrowth. Regrowth and Healing Touch are tons of mana and shouldn't need to be cast very often. If your tank is taking too much damage because of shitty gear/talents/whatever else, that's not your fault.

That's pretty much what I'm doing (and yes I did glyph Swiftmend) so I dunno. I'll toss a Regrowth when someone is around 50% and still taking damage, Healing Touch almost never (I have it macro'd to Nature's Swiftness for use as an emergency heal).

Its just irritating that all of my groups have been like that, while the shaman who took over for me in Live Strat only went half mana when the tank pulled four groups at once.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adore: Rokk finally stopped asking for Spiritual Soup. Yay RNG letting me get the Outland cooking daily I needed.
    Adore the 2nd: The barrel of fish had the Chocolate Cake recipe. Yay RNG giving me the last recipe I needed.
    Adore the 3rd: Chef Bobbeorn

Annoyed: I had to burn a pile of cooking tokens to finish my cookbook, so if I want to get the Chef's hat, I'll need to keep doing the dailies and maybe do the Dal fishing daily with some alts.

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Adore: Rokk finally stopped asking for Spiritual Soup. Yay RNG letting me get the Outland cooking daily I needed.
    Adore the 2nd: The barrel of fish had the Chocolate Cake recipe. Yay RNG giving me the last recipe I needed.

Annoyed: I had to burn a pile of cooking tokens to finish my cookbook, so if I want to get the Chef's hat, I'll need to keep doing the dailies and maybe do the Dal fishing daily with some alts.

I'm super jealous so "Congratulations and Fuck You Buddy!"

But seriously, grats. That cake has eluded me for a very long time now.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

I'm super jealous so "Congratulations and Fuck You Buddy!"

But seriously, grats. That cake has eluded me for a very long time now.

The cake can be in the Outland and the Dalaran cooking rewards.

I find it incredibly lame the SW/Org cooking dailys don't reward a bag like that, and that the fishing daily seems like it doesn't include the poles you can get from the dal ones. Then again the dal one didn't reward virtually any of the things the outlands fishing daily did so...

But the cooking one, where the only way to get some of those recipes is from the dailys; they should be in the new ones too I feel.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm wondering if maybe you'll be able to get those bags from the cooking reward tokens. Or maybe the +1 cooking skill reward will turn into a bag once people are able to actually level and use the rewards.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maybe. The box of meat or whatever might have recipes in it.

There's gotta be extras somewhere in Cata. The new cooking achievement is 200 recipes. I had 168 on my paladin when 4.0.3a went live. The only recipe in the entire game he didn't have was Thistle Tea which he can't get.

There's only 28 for sale from the vendor in SW. That won't make up the difference.

The Dude With Herpes on

This discussion has been closed.