As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Poker Night at the Inventory!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In case anyone is wondering, you can unlock different table designs and it looks like card designs too. Plus there are a bunch of achievements.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In case anyone is wondering, you can unlock different table designs and it looks like card designs too. Plus there are a bunch of achievements.

It says in the pause screen how many games you need to win to unlock a new deck. It takes 3 wins to unlock the first one.

Peewi on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This game is hard.
    D:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

It says in the pause screen how many games you need to win to unlock a new deck. It takes 3 wins to unlock the first one.

Which is TF2.

Also 2 hours for all the items? Fuck you. Everytime I'm about to bust someone river card sodomy.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    God damn it. Tycho just grabbed the minigun.
    :?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I like this. It's just incredibly relaxing and charming. Perfect for $5.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    First three games, have 2 of the items. Took about 40 min. Just lost a chance at my third :-/

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow, Max and Strongbad are terrible players! Tycho raped everyone at the table. At first I didn't like his voice but it's growing on me. LOVE the tycho and heavy conversations.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aaaand in case anyone else is clicking and wondering why it won't skip the scenes, try right clicking.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why would you want to?

Xaviar on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tycho is the biggest pain in the butt in my games. My first game the heavy went all in and failed on the first freaking hand, it was hilarious.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone else experienced flickering? My game goes black for a few seconds and then comes back.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Why would you want to?

Because it takes like a full minute for Max to bet his pistol and you've already heard it several times.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

Those two guys being Jake "Video Games" Rodkin and Sean "Famous" Vanamen

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised with this game. Its essentially a casual game for hardcore gamers. The huge amount of charm and polish really push this game over the edge, especially for a poker game. Its amazing how fun it is just to listen to the other characters chat casually. Its an experience that hasn't really be captured in any other games I know of. Hopefully they will make some kind of sequel, or at least some kind of dlc to keep it fresh.

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Heavy seems to be a really aggressive better, while Tycho pretty much folds resignedly three out of four hands.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kupi wrote: »
    The Heavy seems to be a really aggressive better, while Tycho pretty much folds resignedly three out of four hands.

Well, that makes sense.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man, I love intimidating everyone at the table with all-ins.

Doesn't always work though.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tycho: "I forgot to bring my large brick of cash, so this'll have to do." <places blood-stained Pac-Man watch on table>

:lol:

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I apparently really suck at poker. Going all in on the first hand is usually not a smart move.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cpugeek13 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised with this game. Its essentially a casual game for hardcore gamers. The huge amount of charm and polish really push this game over the edge, especially for a poker game. Its amazing how fun it is just to listen to the other characters chat casually. Its an experience that hasn't really be captured in any other games I know of. Hopefully they will make some kind of sequel, or at least some kind of dlc to keep it fresh.

Maybe I am unlucky, but I have found the opposite to be true. My first impression is that the game is really UN-polished...

The menu(s) are not responsive at all, and the dialog - while awesome - already started repeating in my second game. The interface feels kind of annoying as well...though maybe I just need to get used to it, and the animations are kind of spotty. For example, Max leaning over the table in a close-up and pushing a huge (and invisible) stack of chips in to the center with both hands.

I wasn't expecting much for a $5 poker game, but so far it feels worse (but with better dialog) than the poker in Red Dead Redemption.

Guitar Hero Of Time on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Wow, Max and Strongbad are terrible players! Tycho raped everyone at the table. At first I didn't like his voice but it's growing on me. LOVE the tycho and heavy conversations.

I dunno, in the game I'm playing right now Strong Bad's cleaning up. In three hands he's won all three, and eliminated Max & the Heavy.

Also, zomg, definitely turn off the censor bleeps if just for Tycho.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh Tycho. Trying to bluff me out with AK when he was unpaired against my made flush.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really like the game. Except it's already repeating dialog an hour in. How hard is it to flag lines and conversations? It just seems lazy, especially considering all the work Tell Tale put in to be loyal to the characters.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tycho is hilarious.

Managed to outstare him and win the tournie.

Am getting a little repeat dialogue though.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Huh, post got mangled by the server.

But, anyway, finally knocked the Heavy & Tycho out in the same round, and the Heavy had the Iron Curtain up for grabs. :D

MIEN

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well that was an intense round.

Max had bet his gun and badge, and I'm on hard mode.

One by one the others fell, until it was just me and him. We bet bits of our cash, never going all out. The money changed hands multiple times.

Finally, the last hand was down, 3 Fives were on the table. Max bet it all.

Looking at my hand, I decided to gamble my fate.

The three of a kind tie was settled by our personal highest card. Max had a Jack... I had a King.

Boo-ya

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The watch came up, and tycho proceeded to fold 100% of the games afterwords. I bought this game so I could get the watch.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I really dont mind continuing to play this.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm loving it. Tycho folds early in the hand, and Strong Bad ends up going All In. I call him.

And end up getting a Straight in the flop. :D
    Tycho: That'll do, cards. That'll do.

I think Tycho loves it whenever anything bad happens to SB.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am so bad at poker.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got the gun and badge and I think something else I can't remember. I heard you can right click to skip cutscenes yeah?

And I think I've heard all the dialogue unfortunately.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't played poker in ages and don't remember all the hands. Is there an in-game guide?

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    there's a help button in the lower-left hand corner, the first press is a quick guide to hands and there's a more in-depth tutorial for hold'em there too

freakish light on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Excellent.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "This reminds me of song from motherland. 'You must know when to hold your cards. And you must know when to burn them before you bring insufferable shame to motherland and are sent to work camp in forest.'"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What there's a help button in-game?

I found a friend to teach me poker :T

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, got the watch and the glasses. Now I need to get the minigun and the badge. :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I figured the minigun would have a new sound as well but alas it is just a (nice) reskin.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ugh, the game has some sort of graphical error with it. I pull up the settings menu and there are vertical lines missing from half the displayed icons, and no sliders showing to denote what settings are at what, if something is enabled or disabled, etc. I can't tweak the settings to see if it changes anything because I can't see the settings to tweak. And clicking left and right on the arrows that supposedly control things like graphics and shadow quality don't seem to have any effect.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really want some TF2 cards IRL, these are sweet.

Anyone know what Tycho's Watch is a reskin of? Its the last one I need.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif