As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Boardgame Night - Encore! Starting at 7:30pm at The Sheraton!

• Options
    afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My buddy and I are most likely going to show up. The only thing that might stop us is a bad night at the Mariners game. We will be bringing Magic and WoW TCG decks. Hope to see everyone Thursday night.

So yeah, me plus one.

afeil117 on
    Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Options
    emperorsargosaemperorsargosa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm tentative. I'll be coming in on the train and may do the pub crawl. All depends on how tired I am from being awesome on the train.

emperorsargosa on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I will definitely, absolutely be up for MTG. I won't be there until after the end of the Pub Crawl (or whenever I decide I'm done for the night =) ), but I'll be there. The Ink-Treader Nephilim will be there too. ;)

are you ready to be DESTROYED, VT?!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Honestly I've never played Race for the Galaxy...And I've heard such good things :winky:

Hmm... sorry to disappoint, but I think I'm gonna bring Catacombs instead. They'll have RFTG at the game library plus an entire tournament. Also Catacombs is kinda unique given that it's a dungeon crawl as a dexterity game and I feel people should get more exposure to it. :P Also, there's a wonderful wonderful AI you can play at http://www.keldon.net/rftg/ which even has multiplayer support. I guess if you bring your laptop we could play via that (bonus: no setup time required!)

I decided not to bring Shadow Hunters because I'm already teaching The Resistance and they sort of fill the same niche (secret roles, traitors) though it's closer to BSG whereas Shadow Hunters is closer to Bang.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dracil wrote: »
    Honestly I've never played Race for the Galaxy...And I've heard such good things :winky:

Hmm... sorry to disappoint, but I think I'm gonna bring Catacombs instead. They'll have RFTG at the game library plus an entire tournament. Also Catacombs is kinda unique given that it's a dungeon crawl as a dexterity game and I feel people should get more exposure to it. :P Also, there's a wonderful wonderful AI you can play at http://www.keldon.net/rftg/ which even has multiplayer support. I guess if you bring your laptop we could play via that (bonus: no setup time required!)

I decided not to bring Shadow Hunters because I'm already teaching The Resistance and they sort of fill the same niche (secret roles, traitors) though it's closer to BSG whereas Shadow Hunters is closer to Bang.

Obligatory "Dexterity games are not board games and should be cast into the land of wind and ghosts" statement. ;-)

Belgand on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That goes for party games too. :p

I was thinking of space alert actually but didn't want to play through a bunch of training simulations and use my laptop for the awesome flash turn generator

Plus death angel fills the coop niche

Dracil on
  • Options
    SeveconSevecon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    im staying in the Sheraton so depending on what my friends have planned i may be able to show up

Sevecon on
    YOU DID WELL - HWGUY
  • Options
    FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Me +2 are totally in for this, we'll bring some munchkin and some magic decks. Looking forward to meeting people!

Fenrisknight on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, with 30-40 people I hope we can all fit in there.

Dracil on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That goes for party games too. :p

I was thinking of space alert actually but didn't want to play through a bunch of training simulations and use my laptop for the awesome flash turn generator

Plus death angel fills the coop niche

Agreed. I have a friend who only seems capable of playing games. If there's a party it's nothing but party games even though they're all terrible and functionally identical.

I've been wanting to try Space Alert for a while, but yeah, it seems like it would be a poor choice to bring along and hard to play without disturbing others.

Belgand on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    i'll be staying at the sheraton, so might check this out once i get in...but since that won't be until almost midnight (which will equate to 3am in my native time zone) i may just be going to the room and crashing. but if i do show up, i'll have zombie dice, fluxx, zombie fluxx, and we didn't playtest this at all/either.

if anyone isn't leaving until tuesday, maybe i'll head down monday night as well.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    idgeidge Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Last minute addition of +2. :) Assuming all goes well! :)

idge on
  • Options
    MultraMultra Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    List of shit I can bring: (im a local)
    Race for the galaxy + 2 expansions
    Munchin quest + expansion
    Red Dragon inn + expansion
    Tannhauser
    Dominion + expansion
    Arkham Horror
    Agricola
    Settlers of catan.

Multra on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    aww yeah, I love me some munchkin.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    im gonna try and pop buy, i get to my hotel at 9:30 ish (Crowne Plaza), so il mosey on over

SpicyMeats on
    qEGfoNG.png

• Options
    SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is this still open? I could show up -- don't have any board games on me though.

Sasha on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, with 30-40 people I hope we can all fit in there.

If the lobby is crowded I will consider this a success. I will look for other nearby areas that excess people can go into in case thats needed. I'm sans computer once I get on my plane so I'll try to do it tonight.
    idge wrote: »
    Last minute addition of +2. :) Assuming all goes well! :)

Sure, I'll put you on the list
    Multra wrote: »
    List of shit I can bring: (im a local)
    Race for the galaxy + 2 expansions
    Munchin quest + expansion
    Red Dragon inn + expansion
    Tannhauser
    Dominion + expansion
    Arkham Horror
    Agricola
    Settlers of catan.

Glad to have you.
    Sasha wrote: »

Yes, and you don't need boardgames to show up. Just have a good time

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooh, I could definitely see myself showing up to this with the rest of my party. No guarentees though, we're East coast and likely to be jetlagged and asleep by 9PM :p.

emarecksaykay on
    -mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm putting this down in case I don't have a chance before I leave for my flight tomorrow.

Feel free to follow my twitter for updates on the Meetup, I'm no twitter shitter but if anyone follows me I'll update it with important info. I didn't really have enough time to make a custom one, but I believe someone had a good idea to use a hashtag. Sorry for not remembering who but it's late and I'm too tired to dig through the thread right now. #PAX_Gamenight seems to be fine.

It might - might be necessary to have satellite rooms in the Red Lion (or any neighboring hotels) if it grows too crowded. In that case some people could play in the Red Lion Hotel lobby. It's not a best case scenario, and I don't expect it to happen but just in case we will have to branch out I'd like to have a contingency.

Still, people shouldn't be discouraged from coming fearing they will take up space. Seattle's a big city and filled with lots of hotels use to nerds smelling up lobbies. This isn't a "cut off point", as far as I believe the cutoff point for entry should be about 5 minutes before the thing is over. And the general rule for pub crawlers - please come, as long as you can play boardgames.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sasha wrote: »

Yes, and you don't need boardgames to show up. Just have a good time

Sure, sounds good. Count me in then.

Sasha on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm a maybe, since I'm staying in the Sheraton and have no chance to play boardgames pretty much ever.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So the event's going to be in the Sheraton Lobby (plus or minus a satellite room) the whole time, yes? I have Fluxx, SET, and Quiddler decks but won't be stopping by until later, want to make sure I don't have to hunt y'all down.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It is going to take place at the sheraton lobby, yes.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone play Axis and Allies? I might bring it.

Redwingedblackbird on
  • Options
    g-mang-man Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    If there is space left, my friends (+4) and I might mosey on over as we are staying over at the Homeward Suites. I can bring the following board games:

Dominion
    Settlers of Catan
    Munchkin

Thanks for setting this up!

g-man on
  • Options
    drspacemonkey2drspacemonkey2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    2 more for this, showing up around 9 or so.

drspacemonkey2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Leaving for my flight now, see you guys in Seattle.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone play Axis and Allies? I might bring it.

lat A&A games was in college (i.e. "The before time") I was germany toward the end, the eastern front was 2 hexes outside of berlin.

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    andor00andor00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would very much like to go to this so please add me +2 to the list.

andor00 on
  • Options
    JerobJerob Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hi, myself and my girlfriend flew in Wednesday from that other coast and are still completely lost in the city. This will be our second PAX and we would love to get some unofficial nerd time in before the big night. We'll be stopping by if thats alright. We're staying up at the Baroness which will make it a bit of a hike, but we scouted out the lay of the city so we should be able to find our way there.

Jerob on
    AC: WW 2363-0580-7649 Jerob in Wausau
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    One of my roomates seems to have misplace Cthulhu Munchkin :( Sorry guys, but odds are I won't have. Wil still have my MTG deck, and The Works, though.

Saxicide on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I will definitely, absolutely be up for MTG. I won't be there until after the end of the Pub Crawl (or whenever I decide I'm done for the night =) ), but I'll be there. The Ink-Treader Nephilim will be there too. ;)

are you ready to be DESTROYED, VT?!

If by destroyed you mean win, I am ready! =);)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sadly I won't be able to make it do to transportation issues.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't even realize this was going to be here at the Sheraton until talking to Luneowl earlier today. Where's dah BSG, I wanna be a cylon! :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am here! With new Cthulhu dice and my MTG deck, looking for someone to play with. My shirt is blue and reads 42.

Saxicide on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll be there as soon as I cut myself off at the Pub Crawl. My mantra tonight is "I must know my limits" =)

Once that is done, I'll be down to play a game of Magic with you for sure Saxicide, or anyone else for that matter! Maybe we could get a massive multiplayer game going? =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Alright I am here walking around with Death Angel in my hand and a camera around my shoulder in a black shirt...

Dracil on
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was there briefly (fat guy w/beard in black shirt that said Don't Doubt my Scienceness!)

But Was zonked (very bad, long road trip, you know it's bad when you're on the freeway and a guy on a bike passes you). So I came back to the room and will crash soon. Hope to see ya all tomorrow!

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    JerobJerob Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just got back from the event and had great fun. Got in one game whose name I can't pronounce with Dracll apparently (Damn you and your 160 pt lead!). Thanks to the man who both organized the game for us and educated me that Smarties are a far better candy in Canada. And Dracll, tackle me at PAX when you're down for Death Angel. I have a hankering for smiting xenos scum.

Jerob on
    AC: WW 2363-0580-7649 Jerob in Wausau
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That game was Basari. And I only did so well because I took over Joel's awesome gem collection. :P

Yeah, I'll try to PM you or post something on one of the twitter feeds if I'm setting up for a Space Hulk: Death Angel game. :)

Edit: I just read some stuff about Basari and it looks like we were playing a rule wrong, and this rule also makes the game a bit more balanced. Apparently, running out of gems is supposed to be pretty rare, because we always roll the die every turn no matter what, which prevents us from just sitting at a spot hoarding gems and points.

Dracil on
This discussion has been closed.