As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disgaea 4 (and Asagi) hit common sense with massive damage [US Summer 2011!]

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    I just got like... a billion statisticians...

I go from level 1 to 2500 in one battle (still haven't upped the enemy bills past 10).

I am laughing like a madman.

I get from 1 to 9999 :D

I has 0 statisticians. I should get some! Reverse Pirating is the only way to get them? I really haven't done squat with innocents yet...

step 1) item at level 20
    step 2) save
    step 3) make sure it has at least one space in its POP
    step 4) reverse pirate until you find a statistician, reset if they don't show up
    step 5) kill or capture the statistician (capture means throw it onto your ship, not onto your base)
    step 6) dupe for several....hours..?
    step 7) get from level 1 to level 9999 by killing LoC MoO4 one time with max SEBs

step 8) flying ^5

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I still haven't gotten LOC yet. Having a hard time getting all the X-dimension maps I need.

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Have yet to really get into the item world in this one, so a quick question to make sure I get this right...

What do I need to do in order to start reverse pirating? I have to kill some pirates after level 20, right? And then the pirate vendor dude shows up?

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Basically you first need to kill some pirates, then the vendor appears and you are given the basic parts for a generic ship. Then you need to item world into a level to at least level 20, then depending on the rarity and how deep youve gone in the item, you get to reverse pirate an item like a total max of 1-5 times (based on its rarity).

If you take a pair of slippers, get it to level 22 due to a few mystery rooms, leave the item, you can reverse pirate it once. (So make sure and save before going in so you can reload if you dont get what you want).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    yeah i may have to go do some reverse pirating, are the enemies based on anything in the item? I remember reverse pirating the common sword that i maxed out, and all the enemies were like 30+ levels higher then my guys, which was kind of scary since I was only like lv 30

also - getting more parts for ships is a bitch, does anyone have an easy way of procuring pirate ship parts? So far I've gotten 2 out of like 10 enemies i've captured

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Enemies are far higher level when you go back for reverse pirating. I had some enemies up to level 2k or so when I did it.

• Options
    Right. Now sitting with a 5K Val and 4.5K Desco & Ras, thanks to Statisticians. Also ran into a ticket vendor in the item world that was selling map tickets for, oh, 1.2 billion a pop. Bought all of them for ~10 billion just to find out that they were treasure maps. Nothing really amazing in the chests, either. Is there some super rare stuff that can pop out of them?

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Right. Now sitting with a 5K Val and 4.5K Desco & Ras, thanks to Statisticians. Also ran into a ticket vendor in the item world that was selling map tickets for, oh, 1.2 billion a pop. Bought all of them for ~10 billion just to find out that they were treasure maps. Nothing really amazing in the chests, either. Is there some super rare stuff that can pop out of them?

i'm pretty sure those ones just blow
    not like money has any value once you're in the post game though :P

• Options
    Hah, yeah, I didn't even blink at blowing the cash. It took me very little time to build up a few more billion after that too, just in case I ran into more tickets for the X-Dimension.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It only took like 30 minutes of save scumming to get a statistician to appear while reverse pirating. Let the game breaking begin! WOOOOOH!

• Options
    30 minutes? Ouch. I had mine in 5.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Question! I've read you can get to level 30 of an item, kill the item king, and then gency out. You get the population increase in the item for killing the king, and you can go back in and kill him again. Can you repeat this as much as you want?

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Just the one repeat, silence.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    yeah it only counts as killing an item boss if you beat an actual level while in that item
    so you can get one for actually BEATING level 21-29, going into thirty, killing the boss, gency out
    and you can get one for BEATING level 30 and killing the boss.

this gives the items stats both times and you should do it if you have the time

it looks like it costs a gency but if you actually fight all the enemies on every tenth floor the first bonus prize is a gency every time

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah i spend about 2 hours last night doing some quality duping. Took me about 6 reloads on a level 22 item to find a staticitan in the innocent group. I didnt care how many i got so i just dogpiled with desco on top and when i got there, yoged the stat. escaped with one 10 stack statistician on the item. Then I moved him, a pile of 376 gladiators and 7 or 8 enforcers on a cheap monster item, equipped it onto a monster i never use, reincarnated, made 40 copies, made a stack of 300 statisticians and one stack of about 12k gladiators, duped that a bunch of times.

So, i say, lets see...put 6 stacks of statisticians on a junk item that was a legendary, same with 6 stacks of 19,899 gladiators on a different item, and a third for managers. one run of 5-2 with a valzy in the leader position of the training symbol and a level 1 in another gave the level one about 200 levels and valzy about 50 a run.

Does anyone know if adding like 2 or 3 items with 6 stacks of stats each will give double and triple the xp or does it only take from one item? Didnt get to try that last night, but sounds like it would work.

azith28 on
  • Options
    alright, i can probably look at gamefaqs for this, but that place scares me...
    what is the process of duping, I may give this a crack tonight so i can put my levelling into overdrive

• Options
    azith28 wrote:
    Yeah i spend about 2 hours last night doing some quality duping. Took me about 6 reloads on a level 22 item to find a staticitan in the innocent group. I didnt care how many i got so i just dogpiled with desco on top and when i got there, yoged the stat. escaped with one 10 stack statistician on the item. Then I moved him, a pile of 376 gladiators and 7 or 8 enforcers on a cheap monster item, equipped it onto a monster i never use, reincarnated, made 40 copies, made a stack of 300 statisticians and one stack of about 12k gladiators, duped that a bunch of times.

So, i say, lets see...put 6 stacks of statisticians on a junk item that was a legendary, same with 6 stacks of 19,899 gladiators on a different item, and a third for managers. one run of 5-2 with a valzy in the leader position of the training symbol and a level 1 in another gave the level one about 200 levels and valzy about 50 a run.

Does anyone know if adding like 2 or 3 items with 6 stacks of stats each will give double and triple the xp or does it only take from one item? Didnt get to try that last night, but sounds like it would work.

Ah! I know the answer to this one (I think). At least in the case of managers, I had 6 managers spread out over 4 items, and Fuka was getting a nice amount. Valz had 9 spots for managers spread out over 4 items, and he was getting about 50% more mana than Valz. Well, to be precise, the people in the aura pyramid were getting 50% more leech mana than when Fuka was killing guys. Valz and Fuka were getting such obscene amounts I stopped following them. But my leeches went from getting ~5500 - ~8000, so that's about right, math wise.

I remember reading the max statisticians' bonus you can get is 9600%, which is 4(items) x 8(population) x 300(amount), so that math works out too.

@kooleagle: a few people (including azith) outlined the two methods for duping items about a page or two ago.

The basic process is such:
    1.) Get a low level weapon (rank 1 or 2, ideally).
    2.) Either by subduing innocents or moving unsubdued ones with the Enforcer innocent, move innocents you want to copy to the Duping weapon (I even renamed mine as such so it wouldn't get lost. You need to attend the item world senate to enable that option in the real world senate though).
    3.) Make a new character (I name him Dupe to keep track of him). Human if you're duping a human weapon, monster if monster weapon. Equip that unit with the Duping weapon.
    4.) Fill up your bag and warehouse to max capacity (32 + 512). Easily (if tediously) accomplished at the general store buying the ultra cheap mint gum, fairy dust, stealing hand, mana potions, etc.
    5.) Reincarnate your Dupe character equipped with the Duping weapon. If he is human, make him a monster, or vice versa. You should get a message saying Rosen Queen is holding on to your Duping weapon.
    6.) Go to the weapon store. TRY ON (which is to say, do NOT outright purchase) the Duping weapon on a character, and purchase it on the try on screen. Repeat this process as many times as you want.
    7.) Go to the item world attendant and transfer and consolidate innocents into larger stacks.
    8.) Repeat this process for exponential growth of innocents.

Notes: Managers increase % mana gained and stack to 300. These are found on items from the food store, usually.
    Statisticians increase %exp gained and stack to 300 (they also break the game right open). They are obtained by (soft resetting) reverse pirating.

Reverse pirating is something you can do after you:
    - Attend the item world
    - Get ambushed by, and defeat, some pirates
    - Pass the pirate bill in the senate
    - Build a pirate ship
    - Clear an item's item world to level 20
    - Go to the item world attendant and ask to reverse pirate

And I think that's all.

• Options
    The problem right now with equipping Staticians is that if you put 8 on a weapon and are using the Giant Monster Fusion technique, you lose those 8 staticians.

So you can realistically only get 24 Staticians (8 x 3 for the other slots) using this method.

I also tried equiping some on the fused monsters, but to no avail. The magichange weapon never seems to have any innocents on it no matter what.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    The problem right now with equipping Staticians is that if you put 8 on a weapon and are using the Giant Monster Fusion technique, you lose those 8 staticians.

So you can realistically only get 24 Staticians (8 x 3 for the other slots) using this method.

I also tried equiping some on the fused monsters, but to no avail. The magichange weapon never seems to have any innocents on it no matter what.

Lose them forever or until the end of battle?

• Options
    Oh, sorry. You just don't get the bonus. The weapon will have them when it comes back.

• Options
    since you only get a few tries to reverse pirate, make sure and save before you go in, if you dont see a statistician innocent in the pile, quit and reload and try again. the level of the monsters may be too high for you to reliably defeat, but that doesnt matter as long as you can kill the statistician and you have room in the POP for the new innocent. Just make a big tower with a character that can do enough damage in one turn to kill the innocent, and toss until he gets close enough to kill just the statistician (Or if you have to kill him with an aoe, make sure you dont kill more then you have free POP for or you might lose the stat...not sure about this but it makes sense).

Kill the statistician, then most of your people will get killed cause they are strung out and seperated but as long as you keep one alive for the few turns before the boat sails away, the item will have a few statisticians on it now (And subdued which is a nice bonus, makes for easier moving around.

then you dupe the statistician until you have enough for a full 300 stack (The smart way is to include at least a few enforcers and a pile of other innocents you want to dupe in the same item, then dupe that a bunch, combine all the piles until you have the max stack, then dupe again to reduce the overall number of dupes needed and you have tons of enforcers to use to stack other innocents. Just remember never to combine innocents once you have a max stack on the item or you will lose all but one stack. (3 stacks of 300 statisticians combined will become one stack of 300).

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It's a moot point. There's a statistician cap of 4800. AKA 16 lv300 statisticians. Any more is just wasted, you're not earning more exp.

So fill your last two equipment slots with them, and dual magichange away.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I thought there was some kind of cap. Well, good. I've been using two Emblems and a third piece of equipment jacked with gladiators, mentors, coaches, and managers.

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    How do you increase the area of effect of various magic spells, and does it carry over between types of spells? Ice/Fire/Star, Heal/Espoir, Star/Heal?

I don't remember how this happens.

• Options
    you boost the skill. each level usually increases the available range. its an option at the evilty trainer

• Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    CowShark wrote:
    How do you increase the area of effect of various magic spells, and does it carry over between types of spells? Ice/Fire/Star, Heal/Espoir, Star/Heal?

I don't remember how this happens.

In this one you have to boost the skill at the Evility guy and he'll give you the different area shapes.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Whee! My local stores stock respawned, and I got to pick up a copy of 4.

This is really cute. I love Prinnies, and what do I get? PRINNIES!

Also Sardines.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    gvandalegvandale Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    I still haven't gotten LOC yet. Having a hard time getting all the X-dimension maps I need.
    There's a good post on gamefaqs detailing how to beat every level. I just beat the straight up fights, those maps get you the 48% and are the maps needed for punishment captures.

Current Game(s) List: Disgaea 4 (PS3) & Dead Island (XBox 360)
    PSN Id: gvandale
    Xbox Live: Darth Vandale
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Super cute.

Everything about this game is adorable.

*squee*

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    gvandale wrote:
    blaze_zero wrote:
    There's a good post on gamefaqs detailing how to beat every level. I just beat the straight up fights, those maps get you the 48% and are the maps needed for punishment captures.

It's not a matter of beating them... it's a matter of unlocking them. I just buy them all from the shop in Item world right? That's how it worked in D3, I believe.

• Options
    gvandalegvandale Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    gvandale wrote:
    blaze_zero wrote:

It's not a matter of beating them... it's a matter of unlocking them. I just buy them all from the shop in Item world right? That's how it worked in D3, I believe.

Sorry, you are correct. There is 1 shop for floors 1-50, and another for floors 51-100. You need every ticket from each guy to unlock all LOC maps.

I've found going the Item Boost route that I'm getting mote mystery rooms than the other two routes.

Current Game(s) List: Disgaea 4 (PS3) & Dead Island (XBox 360)
    PSN Id: gvandale
    Xbox Live: Darth Vandale
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I found them by farming mystery gates. In general, if you don't see a gate between floors X7-X9, then one will always appear on Y1. I had an item that always had a gate pop on the first floor, and just kept restarting until I got the scalper.

...It took over 100 restarts and 3+ hours, but I finally got it. Luckily I fluked out on the second scalper and didn't have to do that again.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I keep getting the lottery ticket guy. That and a bunch of shops I don't need.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i think i hit the attack stat cap

at the very list i made it to 99,999,999 attack, and i'd actually be MORE impressed if that happened and it's not the cap :P

e: methodology

desco fused with a monster with a high attack aptitude, surrounded by eight allied units, including a beastmaster (dominate) and a professor (braveheart)
    the monster is holding my near perfect crowbar (I just didn't get the 7x19998 gladiators to go with the 500 Monster Hunter) and three barefoot x's that match the crowbar in rarity

unintentional on
  • Options
    I tried surrounding giant desco with my whole team once, and I think her ability caps at 80%.

• Options
    i got a trapezohedron :)
    now to max it

whee...

• Options
    Where did you get a trap anyway? Do you have to steal them from like the level 100 item gods?

• Options
    azith28 wrote:
    Where did you get a trap anyway? Do you have to steal them from like the level 100 item gods?
    i found a gold Exodus (r38 or so emblem) in the land of carnage randomly
    leveled it up to level 100
    stole a gold Arcadia from LoC Item God
    leveled that up to level 100
    stole a gold Trapezohedron from LoC Item God

then i maxed that out and made like forty of them with the easy dupe trick

i think i might be done with this game now, i can't think of anything else to do!

• Options
    i now have an item with 2 level 8 statisticians, time to let the duping begin! then I can quickly have the sexiest pirate crew in existence, currently I am sporting 3 succubus', a catgirl, and a prinny.

but they are all only around lv 200-400

• Options
    i now have an item with 2 level 8 statisticians, time to let the duping begin! then I can quickly have the sexiest pirate crew in existence, currently I am sporting 3 succubus', a catgirl, and a prinny.

but they are all only around lv 200-400

Desco is best! She's such a monster power leveler, since experience is given to both her and her fuse buddy when she slaughters peeps. Just give her the Statisticians, fuse her with the monster of your choice, and go to 5-2 or 9-4 or MoO4.