Options

Pax Prime Costumes 2011!

• Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    arewen_doll16_LOTR come find my friend on Saturday, she will be returning with her Companion Cube Costume but it will be dead this time (movable blood and laser burns and wings).

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    arewen_doll16_LOTR come find my friend on Saturday, she will be returning with her Companion Cube Costume but it will be dead this time (movable blood and laser burns and wings).

Haha that is awesome =D
    I am not sure what costume I will be wearing on that day but I will at least try to get pictures even if I am not in matching Portal theme

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    PipistrellePipistrelle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    To the Portal People
    I <3 you guys
    I am going on one day (not Saturday) as an Aperture Laboratories Scientist (Enrichment Center Cake Distributor) and will be carrying around Cake and a Companion Cube
    We should think about getting together for pictures and coordinate when we are all going to be in our costumes on the same day

We'll be wandering around in costume on Friday and Saturday.

Pipistrelle on
  • Options
    waterfox17waterfox17 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lots of Portal people! Yay~! This'll be my first PAX, and I'm coming all the way from California to go to it-- a lot of my local cons just aren't delivering the sort of content and crowd I want. With all the hype I've heard from PAX, I'm expecting a lot of good things from it.

I've been heavily considering making a cosplay for an Aperture Science Test Subject. It'll pretty much be Chell's outfit-- just without the hassle of a scraggly wig. I like to build props, and I've already sketched out a few preliminary building designs for the anti-fall boots and a Portal gun.

I'd love to take pictures with all the other Portal cosplayers if I see you there! :)

waterfox17 on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm gonna be dressing up one of the days, Just some basic Steampunk stuff. My sister is coming as well, and she will probaly be dressing up as well, hehe, not sure as WHAT yet. She's not as big of a gamer, but she did like some of the Steampunk pattern designs over on one of the sewing sites. Have to think about anything else, heh, it's our first PAX, so we'll see.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Meh... COSTUME. I havent started anything or got any idea. Probably end up just... rainbowing out again and bring one or two of my stuffed dragons with me. Unless I get off my lazy tush and scramble together my shaman totems or my paladin gear. Meh.. So lazy ;_;

Sarahstrasza on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be dressing up one of the days, Just some basic Steampunk stuff. My sister is coming as well, and she will probaly be dressing up as well, hehe, not sure as WHAT yet. She's not as big of a gamer, but she did like some of the Steampunk pattern designs over on one of the sewing sites. Have to think about anything else, heh, it's our first PAX, so we'll see.
    My friend will love you. Saturday and Sunday she will be in sexy steampunk outfits. Sorry I don't know what kind yet but will have photos at the end of the month and will post it on my photobucket site (link is spoil). We will have to get photos.

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Awesome! :-D Always looking forward to seeing more Steamy goodness.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've almost got my Tardis Jacket completed, hopefully done by tomorrow and then I can work on my tardis console dress. I know PAX is a bit away but I'm showcasing this at Baycon this year and then it will make it to PAX too. Links to photo in the spoiler button.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    I've almost got my Tardis Jacket completed, hopefully done by tomorrow and then I can work on my tardis console dress. I know PAX is a bit away but I'm showcasing this at Baycon this year and then it will make it to PAX too. Links to photo in the spoiler button.
    Sorry I should probably better direct the photos, the photobucket link in the show spoiler button goes to all my PAX years of fun. This is my link to the PAX Preparations 2011 folder:

http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/SchoolGirlGoodness/PAX%20Preparation%202011/

Please feel free to checkout the other photos, but this folder will have the new preparations for PAX 2011.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tennislilytennislily Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    I'm probably going to cosplay as Canada from Axis Powers Hetalia

tennislily on
  • Options
    KaptainKhaosKaptainKhaos Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    i've added Daniel Craigs Character Jake Lonergan from Cowboys and Aliens to my Costume list!!!!

KaptainKhaos on
  • Options
    wiitifftiffwiitifftiff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Going as Miss Aubrey from dance central and hopefully making a sweet ghetto blaster with it

wiitifftiff on
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This being my sixth pax I feel I need to up the ante. HarleyQuinn is over done- no thanks to me. Joanna Dark went almost completely unrecognized. Leeloo was a huge hit... but where does a girl go from there?
    This year I have been trying to assemble the power rangers, but no one is as committed as I am, and it's totally falling through the cracks.
    I can't exactly rant to my friends relating to cosplay because most people aren't into it. So thanks for lending a kind ear. I must find some inspiration!
    It's kind of sad, my ultimate frisbee team is going to a tournament as Frisbee Shore and I am more jacked to get tan and fit for a tournament- but I can't motivate any creativity/enthusiasm for this year's PAX!

Stay tuned- I'll be back. <3

I tried finding you (as Jo Dark) at prime last year with no luck. How did the costume end up turning out?

qwhacker on
  • Options
    XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    On the other hand, if you're being incredibly specific, there are so very few tall male characters with long curly red hair. Woe is me. :P

Did you say tall, red-haired characters?

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »
    On the other hand, if you're being incredibly specific, there are so very few tall male characters with long curly red hair. Woe is me. :P

Haha, I'm like the anti-Ganondorf. My hair is long and I'm incredibly pale. :P

Heleor on
  • Options
    XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xerlith wrote: »

Haha, I'm like the anti-Ganondorf. My hair is long and I'm incredibly pale. :P

Well, I didn't expect you to have green skin, of course. That's where makeup comes in. Lots of makeup.

And the hair could be fixed by putting it into that curly headdress he's got from TP. Now you just need black-and-gold armor.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • Options
    79tomato79tomato Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thinking of doing a black mage costume, based on the character art from final fantasy tactics. Would love to do the dragoon as well, but I haven't made plastic/solid pieces for any costumes before.

79tomato on
  • Options
    bobochabobocha SeattleRegistered User new member
    edited April 2011
    A few friends and I will be going in a Skies of Arcadia group! :) My boyfriend and I are going to be Vyse and Aika, and we will also have a Lawrence and Drachma... and perhaps a few others! If anyone loves SoA you should join in! ^^:whistle:

bobocha on
  • Options
    CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i've added Daniel Craigs Character Jake Lonergan from Cowboys and Aliens to my Costume list!!!!

Sounds pretty straightforward and simple, but will be quite awesome.

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!
  • Options
    waterfox17waterfox17 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just found the best idea for a prop!

A friend of mine bought a handheld projector for about 60 bucks that's white, and almost the shape of a portal gun. If I can make a cover that looks like the top of the portal gun and claw, and figure out how to hook it up to my ipod with a video, I'd be able to PROJECT PORTALS ON THE WALLS AND FLOOR AT PAX.

How damn cool is that?

waterfox17 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    waterfox17 is that works, that would be pretty awesome. My guys are making me a laser whip/gun for my silicon metroid zero suit. It's really neat if yours could be pulled off.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    taxortaxor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm debating between two costumes this year, both of which are Mega64 related. The first is Lobo Fuerte from Volume 2, which id be wearing for the majority of the covention

The second, if I can get others interested in doing it as well, would be a FALS member. Specifically for going to their panel.

taxor on
  • Options
    Disc07Disc07 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have been planning on putting together a Gears of War 3 Chairman Prescott suit, but I can't for the life of me find any good screenshots or models with him in his COG uniform. Only stuff from Gears of War 2 :/

Disc07 on
    PAX Prime Veteran c. 2007
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, I will be revising my Altair costume for the 3rd time this year, since its recognizable, and ubisoft was great on the swag last year! :D

And in honor of it being a GREAT re-launch, need to show Mortal Kombat some love and do a Sub-Zero costume. Mostly inspired from the movie, as im on a budget (as always). Pics to come.

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And in honor of it being a GREAT re-launch, need to show Mortal Kombat some love and do a Sub-Zero costume. Mostly inspired from the movie, as im on a budget (as always). Pics to come.

My group was going to go as Scorpion, Subzero, Noob Saibot and Reptile a couple years ago. Started out by making one plaster mask to see if we could do it then we dropped the ball. :/ oh well. We were going to do home made tabards but we have to learn to sew first.

Anyway this year I'm *hoping* two of us will go as Daft Punk. Already did pepakura base and just did first coat of resin last night on one of the helmets. Here is hoping I can get it done. Still need to learn to sew/get a sewing machine as we are attempting the tron versons and the outfits will need a lot of customization.

Making this Daft Punk helmet however has made me realize that doing a pep based Mortal Kombat mask would be better than the plaster we attempted last time.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    now that you mention it, im thinking letting my roomate go as Sub-Zero, and i take Noob, cause he's awesome :)

For the mask part Im actually going to be using the bottom part from a paintball mask, since thats what they remind me of (especially in the movie)

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will be dressed as Chell, as I'm sure 3,000 other people will be... but still! Chell!

Perestroika on
    It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    now that you mention it, im thinking letting my roomate go as Sub-Zero, and i take Noob, cause he's awesome :)

For the mask part Im actually going to be using the bottom part from a paintball mask, since thats what they remind me of (especially in the movie)

That wouldn't be inappropriate seeing as how that's exactly what the original MK costumes were made from. :lol:

I'm working on something a little bit...mega at the moment.

Pics will come when I have something to show.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    qwhacker wrote: »
    This being my sixth pax I feel I need to up the ante. HarleyQuinn is over done- no thanks to me. Joanna Dark went almost completely unrecognized. Leeloo was a huge hit... but where does a girl go from there?
    This year I have been trying to assemble the power rangers, but no one is as committed as I am, and it's totally falling through the cracks.
    I can't exactly rant to my friends relating to cosplay because most people aren't into it. So thanks for lending a kind ear. I must find some inspiration!
    It's kind of sad, my ultimate frisbee team is going to a tournament as Frisbee Shore and I am more jacked to get tan and fit for a tournament- but I can't motivate any creativity/enthusiasm for this year's PAX!

I tried finding you (as Jo Dark) at prime last year with no luck. How did the costume end up turning out?

Aw, sorry for just seeing this now- but I was Joanna Dark for PAX '09! I might bring her out for one of the days, but I like to stick to one outfit for maximum exposure and good hearted geekery :) We shall see.
    Right now in the works is The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. We shall see if we can bring it together!
    Anyways, I'll think about Jo a little bit. If it gets too close to PAX and my group isn't pulling it together, it just might happen!

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Failed to get a three day so less costume for me. Boo. However Fri and Sat are good to go! I think I've narrowed it down to Chell and Lynn which are pretty intensive costumes.

For Chell I will be having some help on the props, will have to get tan but I'll be living down in Eastern Oregon so no problem there. Lynn won't be as hard but I may commission the wig from a friend depending on time and the fact she is pretty good with wigs.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I couldn't get a 3 day pass but I'm gonna be stalking the forums for that. If I can go to all 3 days...
    Friday- Arumat P. Thanatos from Star Ocean The Last Hope
    Saturday- Dissidia 012 version Kain Highwind
    Sunday- Dissidia Warrior of Light or something else (mind is fried from news of 3 day pass, will edit post later)

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • Options
    eMDeeeMDee Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Me and my friends want to do a Nobody group after being inspired/awed by the Heartless group that stomped around Sakuracon. However, there is the concern that PAX is a GOOD DEAL more crowded, so we may scrap the idea or save it for SC next year.

Other than that, we want to do a Fat Princess group.

eMDee on
    The unorthodox and the unlikely - it's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    qwhacker wrote: »

Aw, sorry for just seeing this now- but I was Joanna Dark for PAX '09! I might bring her out for one of the days, but I like to stick to one outfit for maximum exposure and good hearted geekery :) We shall see.
    Right now in the works is The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. We shall see if we can bring it together!
    Anyways, I'll think about Jo a little bit. If it gets too close to PAX and my group isn't pulling it together, it just might happen!

Maybe I'm thinking about someone else, but i could swear someone was going as her last year. Oh well.

qwhacker on
  • Options
    mikozillamikozilla Queen of Ferelden WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If all goes as planned, I should have Merrill (DA2) and a yet undecided LoL costume (Hextech Janna, Queen Ashe or Resistance Caitlyn). Hoped to have Alexstrasza but that has fallen through. :(

mikozilla on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011

Well, Perfect Dark is 11 years old now.. most people at PAX probably don't even remember it.

I mean if I walked by I'm sure I'd probably recognize it. I ashume you could have jogged people's memories more with a Laptop Gun replica?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LelentalLelental Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm putting together a Oerba Dia Vanille costume from FFXIII.

I'm not so amazing at sewing but I'm having a local designer work with me to create the outfit - I'm hoping it turns out really awesome. I've already ordered my wig and jewelery. ^^

I'm considering contacts, but I'm not sure...My eyes are green, but have a lot of yellow in them so they look dark. Vanille has very pale green eyes

Anyone else going as a character from FFXIII?

Lelental on
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Scapped Lynn due to the time limits of two fairly difficult costumes. Leaving only Chell. This gives me more time to prefect everything. I'm a little nervous as there is a lot of tiny details but I have some friends willing to help out with things. This is Chell from Portal 2 so those boots are going to be a pain. Plus I need to find out how in the world I can get some certain produce to stay fresh for a few days.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    ZasielZasiel Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Looking at either doing Sylvanas or a draenei from wow, not sure yet though.

Probably will also bring Lady from DMC4 & Lillet from Grimgrimoire.
    First year at PAX so I'm pretty pumped!

Zasiel on
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm debating on either Poison Ivy from the arkham asylum ( with more clothes of course xD) or do a female Ezio...hmmm with Ivy I can personalize it more than with Ezio. It'd be considerably cheaper too. But Ezio is so badass too! Opinions?

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"