As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hi-MaXXX NRG POW!er™

13»

• Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    okay ill make some calls in the coming days

i guess i need a referral for this huh
    ugh another step

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    "Hahaha this guy's wanking in his sleep!"

absolutely possible. Could suggest a dopamine deficiency.

That must be the real reason they woke you up a few times. They didn't want you to mess the sheets too much.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    and with that i sleep

g'night you simmering pots of purified water

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i look forward to sleeping on the weekends but im always like 'nah i should set an alarm i dont wanna throw my sleeping pattern off even more than it already is'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm usually up at six in the morning and in bed somewhere between 10 at night and midnight.

Unless mistress Ethanol is involved. Then all bets are off.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You need some mana potions!

manaenergydrink7673568.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    if your sleep schedules don't match up, she needs to stop being a whiny baby and get off your back about it or kick her to the curb and find a lady that's not a bitch about it

they really don't, but in reality it's me wishing and pretending they did as much as her

i'm gonna try getting up an hour or so earlier though

compromise

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    one of you must know a trick: a flawless method to daily endurance and higher-function.

i've been hearing a lot of good things about Reiki

Nartwak on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    Air wrote: »
    i wanted something for focus and being awake and whatnot a while back but the doctor just recommended red bull

which i guess is a step up from the other doctor who suggested avoiding caffeine

but its like
    when i say i always have trouble getting to sleep and then i get drowsy all day and i cant get anything done and then it still takes me ages to get to sleep
    and that it has been like this since i was a teenager
    or that even when i was like 9 years old i felt like i had sleeping difficulties and asked everybody in my family for advice

a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of milk before bed are not the kind of medical solutions i had in mind

i get the hesitation to bust out the prescriptions but how much do i need to exaggerate things before there is a response that i wouldnt get from some hypothetical sweet old grandmother

If you say "Hey I want to try drugs," or "hey I want to try this drug," your doctor will probably write a prescription as long as he/she doesn't expect any bad reaction or think you plan to abuse it.

Doctors are pretty much just there to say "no that's dumb quit reading WedMD."

what

are you dumb

"hey I want to try drug x" is the absolute best way to never, ever get prescribed drug x if x is even remotely abuseable. It's called drug seeking behavior. "Doc I wanna try adderall" is going to get you a raised eyebrow and a pat on the shoulder.

Tell them you have hardcore narcolepsy and you'll be on your way.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can't say enough awesome things about provigil/modafinil

Evidently it's been re-called? or something? dunno. I can't order it anymore from my overseas pharmacy, and they suggested I try to get sample packs of nuvigil.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    well i just started the day with a big glass of water and lime juice, a long walk and a mushroom & baby spinach omelette

this must work

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Start your days with fly agaric, mead and depression. You'll be an amoral psychotic schizophrenic berserker in days.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    don't be daft. everyone knows amanita muscaria is to be consumed with vodka

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I got a referral for a sleep place

I might try to go tomorrow and see if I can get some of that modafinil you guys are raving about
    like, can we book a thing in a few weeks and in the meantime I have some of that stuff while I sort other things out
    Otherwise just book a thing

Also I just wanna say I really like my doctor
    Gave me the referral in a minute then we just chatted for the next half hour

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dang you are EXACTLY me right now air

I am thinking about contact a sleep place soon

So tired of being tired

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Eat a proper breakfast

most important meal of the day

they don't say that for shits and giggles

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Air wrote: »
    I got a referral for a sleep place

I might try to go tomorrow and see if I can get some of that modafinil you guys are raving about
    like, can we book a thing in a few weeks and in the meantime I have some of that stuff while I sort other things out
    Otherwise just book a thing

Also I just wanna say I really like my doctor
    Gave me the referral in a minute then we just chatted for the next half hour

fyi Adrafinil is a prodrug for Modafinil (aka it metabolizes in vitro to Modafinil, and thus has pretty much the same effect profile, just somewhat delayed) and can be easily legally bought on the internet due to its unscheduled nature

you can find straight modafinil too, but since it's a scheduled prescription only drug that's teccchnically illegal

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey I remembered something from first year chem (prodrugs)

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    also a prodrug in the same sense as a protip

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I went to a sleep study place years ago to see what was causing me to sleep terribly.

Ended up having the best sleep I'd had in forever and the doctor was all "WTF?"

Turns out my mattress just sucked.

Awko on