As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ace Attorney: 20 Years of Finger Pointing

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    jothki wrote: »
    What annoys me is the times where you could have won simply by asking the prosecution to restate how the defendant could possibly have managed to commit the crime given the current evidence.

AA is modeled after the Japanese court system, where the conviction rate once you get to court is upwards of 99%. If you're in a court, that basically means that you have to demonstrate your innocence beyond any possible doubt, not the reverse :P.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    7rjnzx9z4f1j.jpg

Fiinal boxart for Ace Attorney 6(spoilered for BIG)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay
    Maya!

But where's Athena?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Reminder that the anime starts airing this Saturday! I don't think it's been announced how many episodes we'll get; probably 12.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Reminder that the anime starts airing this Saturday! I don't think it's been announced how many episodes we'll get; probably 12.

Hah. So 3 days per case, then?

• Options
    It's now been confirmed that the anime will run for 2 cours (seasons), so 24-26 episodes.

Speaking of, I just watched the first episode. Seems like the anime will follow the story of the games pretty faithfully, with some new stuff thrown in (the first episode covered the first case in its entirety, but it also gave us a brief look at Nick's apartment). Animation quality is decent at best, but it has some nice nods to the games, like the use of text boxes.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I had the realisation upon booting up episode 1, "oh crap, right, a Phoenix Wright OP!"

And then the OP was just embarrassingly bad.

I will totally watch all of the show regardless of quality... but I'll be skipping that minute and a half immediately.

• Options
    Ahaha. That opening is hilarously vanilla-flavor anime-opening fare.

Like, you could replace all the Ace Attorney characters with literally anyone, doing the same stuff, and nobody would realize what anime it's actually from.

• Options
    Yeah, the opening is pretty generic. Hopefully they'll make a better one for the second season.

• Options
    http://gematsu.com/2016/04/ace-attorney-6-details-3d-fingerprint-detection

zz5aux2fjtw8.jpg
    3D Fingerprint Detection Part 1: Detection

There are several types of forensic sciences in Ace Attorney 6, which Ema Skye specializes in. This time, we’re looking at “3D Fingerprint Detection,” one of the several among them. This adds a new element to the “Fingerprint Detection” introduced in past entries.

Use powder to reveal fingerprints!

First off, in order to collect fingerprints, you’ll need to apply a special powder to the place where fingerprints might be located, and then blow it away for the fingerprints to appear. Repeat this several times to get a clear fingerprint.

[New] Rotate the box and thoroughly detect the fingerprint!

In Ace Attorney 6, it’s possible to rotate the evidence 360 degrees in every direction. You should focus and apply powder to the locations likely touched by the culprit’s hands.

■ 3D Fingerprint Detection Part 2: Comparison

Each person has a unique fingerprint. If you can find the same fingerprint as the one you identified from a list of characters, you can then identify its owner.

Once the fingerprint you applied powder to becomes clear, you’ll first choose the fingerprint to be compared, which will be displayed on the left side of the upper screen. Next, you’ll compare the detected fingerprint with similar fingerprints from a list of characters, which are displayed to the right of the detected fingerprint. If you can recognize the fingerprint, various new facts will come to light.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oh hey, evidence of Athena. Nice.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    skeldare wrote: »

zz5aux2fjtw8.jpg

There are several types of forensic sciences in Ace Attorney 6, which Ema Skye specializes in. This time, we’re looking at “3D Fingerprint Detection,” one of the several among them. This adds a new element to the “Fingerprint Detection” introduced in past entries.

First off, in order to collect fingerprints, you’ll need to apply a special powder to the place where fingerprints might be located, and then blow it away for the fingerprints to appear. Repeat this several times to get a clear fingerprint.

In Ace Attorney 6, it’s possible to rotate the evidence 360 degrees in every direction. You should focus and apply powder to the locations likely touched by the culprit’s hands.

Each person has a unique fingerprint. If you can find the same fingerprint as the one you identified from a list of characters, you can then identify its owner.

Once the fingerprint you applied powder to becomes clear, you’ll first choose the fingerprint to be compared, which will be displayed on the left side of the upper screen. Next, you’ll compare the detected fingerprint with similar fingerprints from a list of characters, which are displayed to the right of the detected fingerprint. If you can recognize the fingerprint, various new facts will come to light.

... Is that guy in the lower right some ungodly combination of the Joker, Two Face, and the Riddler? The Jokler Face?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    We knew about Athena

However

EMA'S BACK! YAY!!!

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

zz5aux2fjtw8.jpg

... Is that guy in the lower right some ungodly combination of the Joker, Two Face, and the Riddler? The Jokler Face?

Looks like Masque DeMasque 1/2.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Masque☆DeMasque if you wanna get pedantic about it

• Options
    Which would make this new guy "iog4gCl.png?1 DeMasque", I suppose.

• Options
    Guess who's back

back again

Edgy's back

tell a friend

hfbggv8sv2f4.jpg

(and Blackquill)

• Options
    ... How are they even going to fit in all these characters? How many cases are in this one??

• Options
    ... How are they even going to fit in all these characters? How many cases are in this one??

Well, the game takes place in two settings: Kurain with Phoenix and Maya and Japanifornia with Apollo and Athena, so there can be plenty of characters without the game feeling too "crowded".

• Options

Well, the game takes place in two settings: Kurain with Phoenix and Maya and Japanifornia with Apollo and Athena, so there can be plenty of characters without the game feeling too "crowded".

I'm aware, but exactly how much can you do in two locations with two casts in the usual one tutorial, three full chapters?

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    I bet it's a bunch of split cases. So there's a trial taking place in both locations at the same time, and they're somehow related.

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm okay with this name. Feels right.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I take it that's the title that shows up in someone's "recently played" entry in StreetPass Mii Plaza if someone with a 3DS set to a non-Japanese language passes them?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    So ready for the return of Maya. Her absence in recent games has left quite a hole.
    In my heart.

Nick4Maya OTP.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Maya's only love is burgers / ramen.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Nick X Step ladders OTP

• Options
    nick/iris til I die

• Options
    Nick/Baking

• Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    HOLD IT! Hot on the heels of today’s announcement of a new Ace Attorney game, Spirit of Justice, Nintendo is offering special discounts on the 3DS eShop for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies in North America! You can grab the first three full adventures of Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Trilogy for $17.99, or follow the trio of Phoenix, Apollo Justice, and Athena Cykes in Dual Destinies for $14.99. These prices will be available until May 18th, and it’s a great way to prepare for Spirit of Justice this September if you haven’t played before (or just want to do some catching up)!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm playing dual destinies and I'm on the fourth case.
    After hearing there was an eyewitness and that Fulbright hadn't gotten a confession yet (which I took to mean the eyewitness was uncooperative) I was really scared it was going to be Oldbag.

It was a huge relief when I saw it was just a glitchy robot and someone possibly related to Blackquill.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Um, "Khura'in"?

...what, is this different from Kurain, from the previous games?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Eat your hamburgers, Enlong.

• Options
    Khurai'in is the country, Kurain is the village (and summoning technique).

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "When something smells... it's usually the Butz."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    http://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-wants-to-localize-the-great-ace-attorney-certain-circumstances-preventing-it/
    The Great Ace Attorney debuted in Japan last year. Sadly, there hasn’t been any news about it heading west. That’s not due to a lack of interest from Capcom though.

Speaking with GameSpot, Ace Attorney series producer Motohide Eshiro mentioned that Capcom wants to localize The Great Ace Attorney. However, “a number of circumstances” are preventing that from happening at the moment.

Eshiro said:

“Unfortunately there’s a number of circumstances… We absolutely do want to bring it to the West, but unfortunately due to these circumstances right now… I’m really really sorry! Nowadays on the Internet lots of fans are directly asking us, ‘Where’s Daigyakuten Saiban?’ On livestreams, even in the Japanese ones, people from the West will write in and ask where it is. Every time we say, we’re sorry! Certain circumstances are kind of getting in the way.”

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    *$@#&(#*EYWDIOUFASHKLF

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    That's really weird. What "circumstances" could those be?