As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Badass Transvestism

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just looked at that trailer...

Modern Warfare RPG?

Edit: Modern Modern Warfare RPG...looks like futuristic but not too futuristic

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they will announce how many alien races shepard will be able to bang in ME3 at the vgas

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they will announce how many alien races shepard will be able to bang in ME3 at the vgas

My guess? All the races. Shepard will be able to bang all the races, anything less would just be an insult.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I've decided that I believe it will just be a ME3 "announcement".

It's being released at the spike VGA's which are a complete fucking joke to begin with, and has had a history of "world premieres" for games that were already officially announced.

I think for the average VGA viewer, it would be the first time they heard of it.

In that context it makes sense.

But last time they announced the Batman sequel

And that was news!

Plus if it was just ME3 why do all this stupid ARG bullshit for a game everyone knew was coming anyway?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Confirmed: Fem Shep/Hanar tentacle sex.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

Protip: don't GIS "shepard hanar"

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Now I have too...

Edit: Oh god, WHY!?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ME3 will take place over the course of three hundred odd years, as Shepard prepares for the coming of the Reaper fleet and struggles with the loss of his humanity as more and more of his biological systems are replaced with synthetics.

You watch.

It'll be all WHAT CAN CHANGE THE NATURE OF A MAN and the answer will be HAVING A COMPUTER FOR A BRAIN followed by terminator Shepard kicking ass and chewing bubble gum with his wisecracking transforming robot spaceship sidekick EDI.

And Grunt, who by this time will be some sort of giant mutant super Krogan tyrannosaurus.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Now I have too...

That's..... disturbing.

Also, turns out they all think Tali has purple skin. Wut. o_O

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    ME3 will take place over the course of three hundred odd years, as Shepard prepares for the coming of the Reaper fleet and struggles with the loss of his humanity as more and more of his biological systems are replaced with synthetics.

You watch.

It'll be all WHAT CAN CHANGE THE NATURE OF A MAN and the answer will be HAVING A COMPUTER FOR A BRAIN followed by terminator Shepard kicking ass and chewing bubble gum with his wisecracking transforming robot spaceship sidekick EDI.

And Grunt, who by this time will be some sort of giant mutant super Krogan tyrannosaurus.

Shepard is not The Nameless One

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Now I have too...

That's..... disturbing.

Also, turns out they all think Tali has purple skin. Wut. o_O

I didn't even GIS it myself

I just knew

That's not a thing you should GIS

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Good for silver.

Now what was that about Iron?

Well.

Okay, I've got egg on my face.
    Iron does have purported mystical qualities, particularly the cold-wrought stuff.

I think you were just confusing a lot of old, interlinking myths about these things.

I, on the other hand, take all my materials vulnerability cues from Dungeons and Dragons.

Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

D&D, Rifts and a healthy smattering of The Dresden Files. The moment iron was mentioned I thought of Fae as well.
    BigDes wrote: »
    There better be dinosaurs in this

... waitwhat?

Actually, on second thought I'm strangely comfortable with this notion.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

You watch.

The Nameless One's name was Shepard.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

You watch.

The Nameless One's name was Shepard.

No, There is not going to be some fanwank crossover

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    JAMBAAGLR

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Good for silver.

Well.

Iron does have purported mystical qualities, particularly the cold-wrought stuff.

I think you were just confusing a lot of old, interlinking myths about these things.

I, on the other hand, take all my materials vulnerability cues from Dungeons and Dragons.

D&D, Rifts and a healthy smattering of The Dresden Files. The moment iron was mentioned I thought of Fae as well.
    Someone else played Rifts? I thought it was just the 5 of us and the voices in Seimbada's head.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    NoluncNolunc Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dammit people. I came here to quietly lurk the ME thread like I do most days and you up and make me reinstall Torment. I hate you all.

I love you.

Nolunc on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

wha, its male shep too.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Interesting "reveal". I don't think it's ME3, because, well, where is Vandershep? This is some new dude, so either it's a Thorian/Feros prequel/side-quest dlc or a shattered steel sequel.

EDIT: and if you look carefully there's a frame or two showing what the sniper is looking down on, and it looks like a horizon-like settlement. Not that that bolsters any particular argument, it's just interesting.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

wha, its male shep too.

OH GOD MY FUCKING EYES

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

wha, its male shep too.

OH GOD MY FUCKING EYES

Shouldn't you all know better than to do something so foolish?

Ad astra on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If we take it to be some sort of Mass Effect spin off, I'd place good money of the first contact war.

We have a number of humans getting their ass kicked (guy seems to be alone, and the aesthetics are clearly reminiscent of 'gritty', rather then the usual more idealised fair of the universe), a human esque colony that's been really damaged, and taking place in the past, but not so far back we're not using the same rifles.

Offers a good setting for gameplay opportunities, especially the rumoured multi, and has the perfect enemies - the most 'all rounders' that aren't asari (which you wouldn't have as the mainstay because 'cism). Even allows the appearence of a few loved characters from number one who got killed off, and fits the timeline.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

wha, its male shep too.

OH GOD MY FUCKING EYES

So in the Mass Effect Universe... is there a bunch of fanfics and fanart of Shepard on the extranet? Every alien seems to be set on boning Shepard, so if in ME3 we had access to the web would she find a bunch of stuff on her?

The internet is bad enough in the real world... I'm worried about what would happen if you added thousands of alien species in as well. Batarian slashfic D:

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    If we take it to be some sort of Mass Effect spin off, I'd place good money of the first contact war.

We have a number of humans getting their ass kicked (guy seems to be alone, and the aesthetics are clearly reminiscent of 'gritty', rather then the usual more idealised fair of the universe), a human esque colony that's been really damaged, and taking place in the past, but not so far back we're not using the same rifles.

Offers a good setting for gameplay opportunities, especially the rumoured multi, and has the perfect enemies - the most 'all rounders' that aren't asari (which you wouldn't have as the mainstay because 'cism). Even allows the appearence of a few loved characters from number one who got killed off, and fits the timeline.

"Hey, who's that five year old kid? He picked up a rifle and killed like twenty turians in less then a minute!"

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well, I'm sure Conrad Verner has a website, but how much fanfiction do you see of contemporary military heroes?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Jelly JigglerJelly Jiggler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shrieve wrote: »

wha, its male shep too.

OH GOD MY FUCKING EYES

So in the Mass Effect Universe... is there a bunch of fanfics and fanart of Shepard on the extranet? Every alien seems to be set on boning Shepard, so if in ME3 we had access to the web would she find a bunch of stuff on her?

The internet is bad enough in the real world... I'm worried about what would happen if you added thousands of alien species in as well. Batarian slashfic D:

Wow... that image wasn't that bad. I actually found it quite humorous.

Jelly Jiggler on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mass Effect: Tribunal

Shepard is on trial for war crimes. All combat scenes are in flashback.

I have no idea how the iron or cold things fit in here.

That, sir, is a damn interesting idea.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Welp, that settles it, I have to do another ME2 playthrough, as a shepard that remained loyal to Liara. The ME2 girls are just not good enough anymore.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Would it require a microphone, or would OBJECTION! be an interrupt click?
    Shrieve wrote: »

The extranet is for Shep dom'ing krogans.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I keep repeating this because I hope the Bioware Guys see it and put it in ME3 like Quads was put in ME2.

I want a Krogan Female, so impressed with Shepards unbeatable combat prowess, to become infatuated with him to the degree that she spends a large majority of the game stalking him like prey before a scene where she has a chance to "conquer" him, despite the genetic incompatibilities, because there is no Krogan who is more Krogan than Shepard.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I keep repeating this because I hope the Bioware Guys see it and put it in ME3 like Quads was put in ME2.

I want a Krogan Female, so impressed with Shepards unbeatable combat prowess, to become infatuated with him to the degree that she spends a large majority of the game stalking him like prey before a scene where she has a chance to "conquer" him, despite the genetic incompatibilities, because there is no Krogan who is more Krogan than Shepard.

i second this.

EDIT: also, re: the 2 second reveal, i thought this was pretty relevant:

http://kotaku.com/comment/32656506/

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    After I beat the game, every time I play Horizon I've thought it should've been a practice round for the Suicide Mission. A second team to protect/move frozen colonists the Collecters haven't, ah, collected yet. A biotic to help the ME1 character get some unfrozen colonists to safety. Make a bad choice and you pull 'em out of a pod during the Collector Ship mission. Would've been neat. Help get the feel of teamwork before the end of the game.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Ilos music is my favorite of the first game.

The Citadel is second.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Mass Effect: Tribunal

Shepard is on trial for war crimes. All combat scenes are in flashback.

I have no idea how the iron or cold things fit in here.

That, sir, is a damn interesting idea.

War crimes?! I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

That would really work with one past Shepard, though. If you are a War Hero or Sole Survivor you didn't really do anything "wrong".

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Good for silver.

Well.

Someone else played Rifts? I thought it was just the 5 of us and the voices in Seimbada's head.

Rifts had some pretty hilarious power bloat.

Woulda been fun to rift a bunch of Macross 2 people in there... :)

Orca on
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hmm... I really enjoyed Ilos, but Virmire was much more fun for me.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, I just finished Shadow Broker. It was really, very good. Also, the vids are hilarious. And so is Mordin's mission record. And numerous other things. I am excited for anything Mass Effect related that bioware are intending to make. (Also, I think that the hard-boiled detective story on the citadel would be quite possibly the best thing ever.)

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    According to kotaku the hinted Bioware game is a Mass Effect multiplayer spin off.

http://kotaku.com/5692552/rumor-biowares-new-mass-effect-is-a-multiplayer-spin+off

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sin off? Sounds...like they capitulated to the official forums

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png