Options

[Mass Effect] Badass Transvestism

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There can't be two sheps on one team. THe reapers stand no chance.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    Vostok (referenced by the -128.5 figure) had Nodacrux in its system, which contained the ExoGeni Facility mission with all the Thorian creepers.

No idea how iron fits into that, however, unless the name of the name is ME: Cold Iron or something and it takes place in the Vostok system.

Well, the Thorian creepers originate on Feros.

wilting on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't actually know what we're showing!

I'm excited!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You want an assistant? I work for cheap?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wilting wrote: »
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    Vostok (referenced by the -128.5 figure) had Nodacrux in its system, which contained the ExoGeni Facility mission with all the Thorian creepers.

No idea how iron fits into that, however, unless the name of the name is ME: Cold Iron or something and it takes place in the Vostok system.

Well, the Thorian creepers originate on Feros.

Ding ding ding ding!

Well done.

....sooooo, what's that mean for the game?

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    vsove wrote: »

I'm excited!

You're supposed to be inspiring confidence over here, dammit!

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ad astra wrote: »
    dumb speculation about whether the Geth killed Quarian children while they slept.

Hey, I missed this. How did the discussion steer that way?

It took place awhile ago and I wasn't a part of it, but if I recall correctly, people were arguing about the morning war and what really happened. Some people were wondering whether the Geth attacked only Quarians that attacked them first, or if they considered all Quarians, both adults and children threats to their existence and killed them at any opportunity, even as they slept and it just grew stupider from there.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So what if they are hinting at the big dark energy problem stars are having? Tali was sent to investigate the premature aging of a star.
    "The final stage is reached when the star begins producing iron." - which has already been mentioned.

So what if the next step in the ME2 - ME3 DLC has to do with the star in the Vostok aging prematurely and we are on a mission to find out how it's happening and who/what is doing it?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm excited!

So not even the guy who works for Bioware knows what is going down... that makes it even more juicy, and I am excited as well!

To be honest, I'm hoping it has something to do with Mass Effect and not a new game, because I'm dieing for some Mass Effect information.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm excited!

So not even the guy who works for Bioware knows what is going down... that makes it even more juicy, and I am excited as well!

To be honest, I'm hoping it has something to do with Mass Effect and not a new game, because I'm dieing for some Mass Effect information.

Well, they have me sequestered up on the fifth floor. And I've been pretty much head down, cranking out DA2 for the past few months.

But still! Exciting. Though now I think I have an inkling of what it might be.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm excited!

Well, they have me sequestered up on the fifth floor. And I've been pretty much head down, cranking out DA2 for the past few months.

I don't suppose I could get you to share that inkling?

Ad astra on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think it's pretty obviously Mass Effect related, but that could just be me

that rifle is obviously from the universe (or just otherwise unoriginal), and the pattern on the dudes uniform in the trailer reminds me of a similar pattern/fabric used in Miranda's slut uniform

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It just looks like a generic gun, to me. But then again, I've never been good at differentiating between firearms

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Concerning the gun.

original.jpg

They look pretty similar to me...

Please let it be Mass Effect related, please let it be Mass Effect related, please let it be Mass Effect related.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    According to Rock Paper Shotgun:
    BioWare have just tweeted a barcode. Scanning it, it reveals the numbers 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101. Decoding that we’re left with 55.845, which is, as you’ll all be shouting at your monitor, the atomic weight of iron. And iron makes steel. And steel is a word in “Shattered Steel”. And Shattered Steel is a 1996 BioWare game about battling mechs. And BioWare are announcing a new game this Saturday. Any other thoughts? (Alec is the genius behind this, but give me the glory anyway.) And now there’s more…

A second tweeted barcode gives us -128.5 Fahrenheit, which is the lowest temperature ever recorded on Earth, in Vostok, Antarctica, 21st July 1983. A temperature cold enough to cause steel to shatter? Or as Alec also adds, there’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. And Vostok 1 was the first manned space flight.

If this is building up to announcing Mass Effect 3, we’re flying to Canada to slap them all around the back of the knees.

How have I never heard of that game before right now

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm excited!

I don't suppose I could get you to share that inkling?

Only if I want Marketing to come up here and kick me right in the ol' beanbag.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think everybody interested in Mech sims was playing MechWarrior 2 at the time. Or maybe Earthsiege 2.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    According to Rock Paper Shotgun:
    BioWare have just tweeted a barcode. Scanning it, it reveals the numbers 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101. Decoding that we’re left with 55.845, which is, as you’ll all be shouting at your monitor, the atomic weight of iron. And iron makes steel. And steel is a word in “Shattered Steel”. And Shattered Steel is a 1996 BioWare game about battling mechs. And BioWare are announcing a new game this Saturday. Any other thoughts? (Alec is the genius behind this, but give me the glory anyway.) And now there’s more…

A second tweeted barcode gives us -128.5 Fahrenheit, which is the lowest temperature ever recorded on Earth, in Vostok, Antarctica, 21st July 1983. A temperature cold enough to cause steel to shatter? Or as Alec also adds, there’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. And Vostok 1 was the first manned space flight.

If this is building up to announcing Mass Effect 3, we’re flying to Canada to slap them all around the back of the knees.

How have I never heard of that game before right now

it's probably terrible

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If they do a Shattered Steel 2 I will be so happy.

And it's not terrible, it was actually pretty good. It was a faster-paced Battletech with NUKES.

Orca on
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As far as the -128.5 and steel, it doesn't really fit, the design temperature for carbon steel is around -60 F and Stainless Steel can go below -150 F with proper design.

The Feros - Thorian connection fits a lot easier.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    If they do a Shattered Steel 2 I will be so happy.

And it's not terrible, it was actually pretty good. It was a faster-paced Battletech with NUKES.

But it didn't have the universe and lore of BattleTech. And that's half of the appeal of the MechWarrior games.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No, the appeal of the Mechwarrior games is that you get to stomp around in HUGE FUCKING MECHA.

Well, to me anyway.

Orca on
  • Options
    skibo8826skibo8826 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok so yeah, those guns are almost identical. It has has has to be something ME related... Or at least Im delusional and hope it to be so.

skibo8826 on
    GT: mashbaugh67
    SCII: Sain.437
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh dear, with all the hope pinned on that gun, think of all the rage there would be if it wasn't ME related.

It clearly is though.

wilting on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The pipedream fanboy in me is hoping for a Mass Effect MMO. Have it steal a bit from EVE (Citadel space is 1.0 sec, the Traverse outward is the player owned section, etc.). Will probably never happen, seeing as how Bioware is knee deep in the Star Wars MMO, but a man can dream.

I'm not sure if I want a prequel. I generally dislike prequels because, well, we know the conclusion. A side franchise, like Alliance Marine Corps. or a different Cerberus cell or something, could be interesting. The Reaper threat is an extinction-level threat. It doesn't make sense for everything regarding it to be handled only by Shepard and his crew. Maybe Anderson has a wetworks crew working on the problem, too. I'm thinking something along the lines of that Clone Trooper game that came out a few years ago, or, for cartoon fans, the marine squad in EXO Squad. A secondary group that's interesting, bad ass, and whose actions enrich the setting without detracting from the main characters.

Of course, a new franchise is possible.

But, yeah, color me excited.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Multi-Mass Effect during the first contact war would be pretty great. So long as they let you play Turians, especially in single player (straight dropping rocks from orbit on civilian areas).

So when do we find out what the announcement is. Some people are saying saturday, but the Awards are like Dec aren't they?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nah

The Reapers is Shepard's business, and having you play as someone other than Shepard fighting the Reapers would be dumb, especially since pretty much the entire galaxy doesn't know or doesn't believe they exist

This has gotta be a prequel or a side story

...maybe a side story where you play a party member who gets introduced in Mass Effect 3? And you can import that save too, and their personality will reflect the choices you made in this side story game?

Man

That'd be sick as fuck

Even if it would make save importing even more complicated for BioWare with even more variables to consider

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Concerning the gun.

original.jpg

They look pretty similar to me...

Please let it be Mass Effect related, please let it be Mass Effect related, please let it be Mass Effect related.

That's a cool helmet. Is it part of the game or a mod?

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it's DLC

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nah

The Reapers is Shepard's business, and having you play as someone other than Shepard fighting the Reapers would be dumb, especially since pretty much the entire galaxy doesn't know or doesn't believe they exist

Except Anderson and Hackett, both of whom have enough sense and clout to try to help, even if it's not through official channels. And, the threat is even more pronounced after the Collectors. I can't see either of them sitting idly by.

----

Prequel thought: Torfan?
    ...maybe a side story where you play a party member who gets introduced in Mass Effect 3? And you can import that save too, and their personality will reflect the choices you made in this side story game?

Man

That'd be sick as fuck

Even if it would make save importing even more complicated for BioWare with even more variables to consider

I'm really hoping for this. It would be incredible.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that'd be pretty great, it would be nice for a human male in your squad to actually have some personality for once

other than zaeed

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Nah

Except Anderson and Hackett, both of whom have enough sense and clout to try to help, even if it's not through official channels. And, the threat is even more pronounced after the Collectors. I can't see either of them sitting idly by.

Yeah but Bioware has already said that Mass Effect is Shepard's story, and having anyone else be all "I'MA FIGHT DA REAPERS" would kind of take away Shepard's specialness

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Could it be that its simply just a ME3 announcement? I seem to recall a quote some months ago where someone from Bioware said something to the effect of "we never actually announced mass effect 3" in regards to an interview question.

Alternately; my hope is some sort of multiplayer game in the ME universe. If they can do it with Assassins Creed they can do it with ME. There are plenty of side stories going on along side Shepards mission that would still feel really important while not overshadowing Shep.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Mass Effect: Galaxy of Fantasy.

Orca on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mass Effect: Tribunal

Shepard is on trial for war crimes. All combat scenes are in flashback.

I have no idea how the iron or cold things fit in here.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If they release a sequel to Shattered Steel before a sequel to Jade Empire, I will personally cain each of the Bioware offices.

Anyway, we all know ME3 is coming, so a teaser from the creators of ME and DA to find out what their "next big game" is suggests something else. While I crave anything Mass Effect, it's possible that using a weapon that looks almost identical to the incisor could just be a developer reference...though it'd be odd to put it in the teaser that everyone's going to dissect if that were the case.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    While I crave anything Mass Effect, it's possible that using a weapon that looks almost identical to the incisor could just be a developer reference...though it'd be hilarious to put it in the teaser that everyone's going to dissect if that were the case.

Which is why they might just do that!

Orca on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think there's room for all kinds of awesome character-focused stories in the Mass Effect universe, so that's what I'm hoping for

No fate of the galaxy or anything, just a dude/lady tryin' to do a thing on a planet or a space station somewheres

That would be so cool

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    While I crave anything Mass Effect, it's possible that using a weapon that looks almost identical to the incisor could just be a developer reference...though it'd be hilarious to put it in the teaser that everyone's going to dissect if that were the case.

Which is why they might just do that!

It'd be awesome if the entire 2-3 second shot was fake, followed by:

"Coming in 2011, from the studio that created Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and The Old Republic...

Extreme Sudoku."

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I've decided that I believe it will just be a ME3 "announcement".

It's being released at the spike VGA's which are a complete fucking joke to begin with, and has had a history of "world premieres" for games that were already officially announced.

I think for the average VGA viewer, it would be the first time they heard of it.

In that context it makes sense.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand