As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Daily Show & Colbert Report: Not intended to be a factual statement.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "That is not the reference we rehearsed for."

Henroid on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ahhahaha great delivery.

"Welcome to Tinyworld, motherfuckers."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, they actually showed it!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Come on pirate lady, let's ARRRRgue!

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What the fuck was that Moment of Zen? D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A Rand Paul campaign official stomping a protester.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wow, when did that happen?

Henroid on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wow, when did that happen?

Like yesterday or something.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man. Glenn Beck really is the modern-day snake oil salesman.

Now, on some level, I do like the idea of having food reserves on hand if you live in areas where disasters happen -- hurricane prone areas, earthquake zones, tornado areas. But this really is just freeze dried food in a "Red Cross-esque" branded backpack.. with him threatening the end of the world.

What will it take to get this man off the air?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

seriously, I heard that guy's neck cracking D:

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Joolander wrote: »

seriously, I heard that guy's neck cracking D:

It's a woman.

Luckily she got off with a headache.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man. Glenn Beck really is the modern-day snake oil salesman.

Now, on some level, I do like the idea of having food reserves on hand if you live in areas where disasters happen -- hurricane prone areas, earthquake zones, tornado areas. But this really is just freeze dried food in a "Red Cross-esque" branded backpack.. with him threatening the end of the world.

I live in a tornado zone, sometimes hurricanes touch up on us a tad, and guess what? You can buy stuff in the grocery store that'll last longer than a couple of weeks. It's a fucking scam. :?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just noticed in the credits of the Colbert Report that Colbert is credited by his full title (Sir Dr. etc etc).

Henroid on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

A nationwide intervention on baby boomers addicted to FOX News.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I actually think this should be a national holiday, or at least an Internet holiday like that thing about pirates.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Hahaha oh god.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Who's vagina is dry?

Magus` on
  • Options
    AthaedosAthaedos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is this reasonable?

NO!

Is this awesome?

YES! GET BACK ON THE BUS.

Athaedos on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Magus` wrote: »
    Who's vagina is dry?

Harriet Tubman's

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That segment with Wyatt was weird, and not quite in a good way. Very nearly in a good way. But not quite. Thankfully Wyatt thrives on awkward humour.

Jintor on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The bus bits are probably the greastest thing ever.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

Actually, as awful as the Boomers often are, FOX viewership actually skews older. Their average age is over 65 -- the age of the very oldest Boomers.

FOX viewership, the Tea Parties, etc -- it's a movement first and foremost of senior citizens, which is to say members of the Silent Generation. This is the group that was born in the Depression or during WWII, but was too young to really experience either. They spent their formative years, their adolescence, in a post-war era of prosperity, conformity, anti-Communist rhetoric, segregation, and rigid gender roles. The era that is so identified with "American tradition" but which is really another word for the deliberately invented post-war culture of the American '50s is what they identify with. My parents are boomers -- my father was born in 1955, my mother in 1962. Their formative era was the '70s.

All this tea party shit is about wanting to reimpose the social norms and modes of resource allocation familiar to people from the 1950s, which is why it is mainly an old person's movement. Yes, there are Boomers who are in the milieu of the tea party, but there are also Gen-Xers and Millennial libertarians in it too -- the truly demographically over-represented portion of the movement is the 65+ bracket.

Fartacus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fartacus wrote: »

Actually, as awful as the Boomers often are, FOX viewership actually skews older. Their average age is over 65 -- the age of the very oldest Boomers.

FOX viewership, the Tea Parties, etc -- it's a movement first and foremost of senior citizens, which is to say members of the Silent Generation. This is the group that was born in the Depression or during WWII, but was too young to really experience either. They spent their formative years, their adolescence, in a post-war era of prosperity, conformity, anti-Communist rhetoric, segregation, and rigid gender roles. The era that is so identified with "American tradition" but which is really another word for the deliberately invented post-war culture of the American '50s is what they identify with. My parents are boomers -- my father was born in 1955, my mother in 1962. Their formative era was the '70s.

All this tea party shit is about wanting to reimpose the social norms and modes of resource allocation familiar to people from the 1950s, which is why it is mainly an old person's movement. Yes, there are Boomers who are in the milieu of the tea party, but there are also Gen-Xers and Millennial libertarians in it too -- the truly demographically over-represented portion of the movement is the 65+ bracket.

Sorry, I kind of consider my grandparents boomers, but I guess they are a bit older and fit your description. Coincidentally, my grandmother was born poor and was liberal/progressive most of her adult life, despite being married to my very conservative grandfather. That changed when she became brainwashed by FOX News. Our conversations are incredibly strained now as she constantly feeds in lies fed by FOX and regret about my not agreeing with her (and voting for Obama!) Its actually quite depressing if I think about it too much.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I actually got a response from the Comedy Network about the repeat airings of these shows:

"We're sorry that there have been issues with our CR and TDS airings. It's been a technical issue having to do with the feed we get from New York. Rest assured we're working on it, so our evening programming will run smoothly and without complication."

Pretty stock answer, but it is nice to know that they working to fix the problem as opposed to just doing what they are currently doing.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I got the same stock response a couple of weeks ago.

I have a hard time understanding what kind of technical problem they could be having so regularly with 10pm broadcasts that they didn't have with 11pm broadcasts.

And what is so important about keeping their new schedule that they can't just go back to 11pm for a week or three while they work it out. Sure, I'd be cranky with them bouncing the show around, but they've thus far failed pretty hard at keeping up with the 10pm timeslot, and bluntly if I'm only going to be able to see the show at my leisure by going online or PVR'ing the late viewing, I lose yet another reason to bother paying for cable. Considering the cost of cable these days, that's a problem for them when my contract comes due.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    One of the attorney's from my office is going to the rally down in D.C. and she's trying to think of something clever to put on a sign.

Ideas?

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    you can check out www.saneornot.com, they're letting people vote on sign ideas. I've seen some good ones.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Was Tuesday's moment of zen real?

Aldo on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aldo wrote: »

Welcome to America

MKR on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MKR wrote: »

Welcome to America

Yes, a moment of zen indeed.

And please don't think someone curbstomping a woman on national television is exclusively American, you'd think too highly of humanity.

Aldo on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Welcome to America

And please don't think someone curbstomping a woman on national television is exclusively American, you'd think too highly of humanity.

Oh, this story - and the indictment of humanity - gets even better. The curb-stomper (who works for Rand Paul's campaign) has asked for the curb-stompee's apology.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

Welcome to America

Oh, this story - and the indictment of humanity - gets even better. The curb-stomper (who works for Rand Paul's campaign) has asked for the curb-stompee's apology.

That's it, I'm going to kill the motherfucker. brb filling the car with gas, someone send me the guy's address
    Disclaimer: not actually doing this. But what the fuck is wrong with him?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Hahaha oh god.

Single most inappropriate thing to say on TV ever. Well, maybe not, but still that was just so fucking bad. It's why I'm a Wyatt fan.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I love it when the correspondents switch it up on Jon.

Best one was Oliver's list of fallen British soldiers.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's their time to prove their own comedian talent. Everything else is scripted out and written, maybe not necessarily by them.

I generally just love seeing comedians lose their shit though, planned or otherwise. When Wyatt couldn't stop giggling when he was talking about the cuts to frivolous military spending a couple years ago (for specific things like the jet fighter), that was one of those moments.

Or when Colbert lost his shit talking about the guy running for governor who kept saying his name was a website.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, there's also the classic Colbert-Stewart Banana clip.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    a1388_bm.gif

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    a1388_bm.gif

Too bad there are more than just three.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Speaker wrote: »
    One of the attorney's from my office is going to the rally down in D.C. and she's trying to think of something clever to put on a sign.

Ideas?

"You make a valid point!"

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There are news reports on Google News regarding Jon's interview with Obama, in case anyone cares to avoid them and watch the actual interview.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
This discussion has been closed.