As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm torn between paying a lot for international shipping or buying more awesome stuff from amazon or something instead. Amazon lacks the personal touch...

This is my exact dilemma. I'm leaning slightly more on paying for international shipping for the personal touch.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Amazon lacks the personal touch...

But adds the awesomeness of more lewts.
    Edit:
    Sorry, not trying to discourage people from that personal touch. I'd possibly be torn too, but I lack the materials out here to make something awesome.
    I am sending Santee a few things though.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm torn between paying a lot for international shipping or buying more awesome stuff from amazon or something instead. Amazon lacks the personal touch...

This is my exact dilemma. I'm leaning slightly more on paying for international shipping for the personal touch.

Were I in this kinda situation, I would opt for both. Something small and personal sent from home(save on shipping!) , and something else amazon'd.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shopping for my Secret Satanee is going to be easier than shopping for my Secret Santee. I need to devote my afternoon to this 'stalking' thing people talk about.

Henroid on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Shopping for my Secret Satanee is going to be easier than shopping for my Secret Santee.

wut?

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santa, just a quick word:

Packages frequently are picked up by the owners of my apartment complex and brought to the office. They don't tell us whether we have a package waiting or anything, so I'll have no idea, and then I won't even get it until Friday. Please do, if you can, inform me that a package is on the way if/when it is!

<3!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    8482 miles.

Yup.

Schide on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Shopping for my Secret Satanee is going to be easier than shopping for my Secret Santee.

wut?

It's called Secret Satan down in SE++. :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

wut?

Oh wow, I did not even notice the extra A in there. I re-read that a bunch of times to see if there was something I was missing before I posted, too. :lol:

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

wut?

Oh wow, I did not even notice the extra A in there. I re-read that a bunch of times to see if there was something I was missing before I posted, too. :lol:

It's amazing how the the human mind doesn't notice extra letters and words like the two "the's" at the beginning of this sentence.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ... Aw man. D:

One of the things I ordered for my santee.. it looks like it may have been opened already. The flap at the bottom was partially open, the seals on it have been broken, and the tape on the lid looks like someone took it off and reapplied it.

I don't even think I can ask for an exchange because there were only three in stock when I ordered it, and now there are none left. I can't even find any others on the internet to order.

I guess since the seals have already been broken, it would be ok to open the flap the rest of the way to make sure everything is inside?

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Might as well. Make sure there's no snake venom in there or something.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, the good news is that everything inside seems to be sealed and untampered with. I'm still a little brokenhearted, but hopefully my santee won't mind that the packing is slightly less than perfect. Especially after what I have planned for it. :)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So whats the norm on the secrecy? When santee gets the gift?
    It's amazing how the the human mind doesn't notice extra letters and words like the two "the's" at the beginning of this sentence.

I've read that a few times, and everytime its like 'GAH! I still know its there, but I still skip over it.'
    CRAZY!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Radiation wrote: »

I'm all for the Santa revealing his or herself. It just confuses everybody when someone doesn't know who sent their gift (even though Doc will know).

Icemopper on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Radiation wrote: »

I've read that a few times, and everytime its like 'GAH! I still know its there, but I still skip over it.'
    CRAZY!

Got me!

edit: So, I got an amazon box in the mail just now....

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

eh, I always end up amazoning it. Ya it's not as personal but it just makes things so much easier and it's not like my santee is not gonna still enjoy getting gifts

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    lol I love how the very first gift to be delivered is of course zombie thremed

oh G&T santas and your love of zombies

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Gifts get! Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Hot Fuzz. Woo! Thanks, jclast. Happy Thanksgivingmas indeed. I now have a reason to dust off my Wii and give it some love. I also don't know how I went this long without owning Hot Fuzz.

5187492487_ebea911f1e.jpg

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hot Fuzz is so good

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yea. I don't know how I never bought it when it first came out. When I was updating my Amazon list ages ago, I noticed I didn't have it and I put it on there. Hehe.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Yea. I don't know how I never bought it when it first came out. When I was updating my Amazon list ages ago, I noticed I didn't have it and I put it on there. Hehe.

Glad you like. :) I'm disappointed that despite picking "as few shipments as possible" it all didn't come at the same time. Anyhoo, be on the lookout for another box, hopefully soon!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    jclast wrote: »

Glad you like. :) I'm disappointed that despite picking "as few shipments as possible" it all didn't come at the same time. Anyhoo, be on the lookout for another box, hopefully soon!

There is more?! Geez. I was content with that, jerk. Stop spoiling me!
    :P

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Main gift obtained, box obtained (the box I got my PA DVD in, lol), packing materials obtained. Now I need the last few gifts I had planned, some extra filler stuff and the joke items I really want to do. :mrgreen:

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gaaah. $15 thing shipped domestically has become a $50+ thing shipped internationally.

Also, I'm thinking of sacrificing a very small, seemingly insignificant item by sending it to my Santee, but I actually love it. I hope my Santee appreciates it as much as I have.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, all these gifts received and whatnot makes me feel like a bum for not getting my full gift for my santee yet, just have to wait till next paycheck. plus I need time. Personalized gift ftw

deveric on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    Man, all these gifts received and whatnot makes me feel like a bum for not getting my full gift for my santee yet, just have to wait till next paycheck. plus I need time. Personalized gift ftw

I know! I have a list of stuff I want to get for my santee. I just haven't gotten around to getting it.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    deveric wrote: »

I know! I have a list of stuff I want to get for my santee. I just haven't gotten around to getting it.

I probably won't even go shopping until Black Friday.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Present get.

no-more-heroes-2.jpg

I graciously thank my Santa whoever he is.

And to my Santee I'm still putting your gift together.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bursar wrote: »
    Is there a contest to see who has the Santee furthest away from them? I think I might win!

5552.169 air miles or 8935.350 km!

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

8008.994 Miles, or 12889.226 Kms.

Some awesome gifts out there. The D&D set was nice. This thread is awesome (and full of christmas joy!)

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    9583 km

Santee I'm too busy to stalk ATM. I promise to stalk and gift asap!

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm still working out my gift. Due to a back injury it'll probably get out sometime in december if I decide to do a personal wrapping. If not it could be earlier as I'll just amazon it.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa: No rush! As long as it doesn't arrive in the middle of January, anyway. I don't want you to get in trouble on account of me telling you that it's cool if you take your time.

Dear Santee: I am looking for the appropriate font to use in your letter.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Dear Santa: No rush! As long as it doesn't arrive in the middle of January, anyway. I don't want you to get in trouble on account of me telling you that it's cool if you take your time.

Magazines have a lot of letters in them you can just cut out, you don't even have to use a computer! Then just get glue, apply them to the paper, and bam! Who needs to go through the hassle of using a "word" program? Letters in a magazine are the way to go!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

Magazines have a lot of letters in them you can just cut out, you don't even have to use a computer! Then just get glue, apply them to the paper, and bam! Who needs to go through the hassle of using a "word" program? Letters in a magazine are the way to go!
    If he wants it to look like a ransom letter.

Actually, that could be awesome. Rudolph has been kidnapped and it's up to the santee to save him!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Main gift made, supplemental gifts bought, just need wrapping paper and I'm all set for (hopefully not too extortionate) shipping.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They're selling 8 Bit Christmas 2010 now. I've seen people give these in the past and they look awesome. Unfortunately I'm not sure what systems my santee owns.

anoffday on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm 4,194.168 miles or 6,749.860 kilometres from my santee!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »

If he wants it to look like a ransom letter.

Actually, that could be awesome. Rudolph has been kidnapped and it's up to the santee to save him!

I can't claim creativity for that idea though. My Santa a few years back did that to me.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just bought you something Santee. I got a really good deal too. My shopping has not only officially begun with you, but for everyone on my list. This weekend there will be more.

anoffday on
This discussion has been closed.