Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    iMatt wrote: »
    My Santees gift is now winging it's way to the land of the rising sun!

Well that just narrowed it down to about four people.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

nahh. The sun rises everywhere!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I got the OK from my santa via Proxy to post the link that is a hint to something

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/miracles

I for one am lost as to what it could mean.

Spoilered for F-bombs and such ?

Because of the Faygo in the pic, and the whisper sounds like Violent J

I liked them before they went... uh... weirder?

E: Apparently the forum doesn't want this particular video to show up in page, probably for the better.

No offense to my santa:

I realllllly hope it's not ICP.

My guess is that you're getting magnets, perhaps with an explanation on how they work.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anoffday wrote: »

nahh. The sun rises everywhere!

I may be drunk (I am) but that's deep.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So anything I should know if I'm considering gifting something through steam? Never used it, so do I have to set up an account, or do they have a store of some sort?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just remembered my Santa from last year never revealed himself. Kind of disheartening.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So anything I should know if I'm considering gifting something through steam? Never used it, so do I have to set up an account, or do they have a store of some sort?

This sounds like something you should do with Proxy. You probably want to set up a new account just to gift someone a game, since you don't want to gift the game through your main account, unless you want to do that. You need to be friends with the person, so that's where proxy would come in. Most people won't add a random friendless person to their steam friends, so Proxy could pass the message along that expect a friend request on steam from XXXXXXnew person to receive a gift!

at least that's my 2 cents

deveric on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got the OK from my santa via Proxy to post the link that is a hint to something

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/miracles

I for one am lost as to what it could mean.

Spoilered for F-bombs and such ?

Because of the Faygo in the pic, and the whisper sounds like Violent J

I liked them before they went... uh... weirder?

E: Apparently the forum doesn't want this particular video to show up in page, probably for the better.

No offense to my santa:

I realllllly hope it's not ICP.

I'm afraid to listen to the song because of potential spoilers, but I just discovered Homestuck a few days ago. It might be the best thing I've ever read, and I can't stop reading. It's cutting into my secret santa productivity. :P (I'm somewhere in Act 4)

If you know your santee's e-mail address, you can gift a game that way without being a friend. (but when they accept the gift, I think both of you are automatically added to the other's friend list)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santa,

If I have been too difficult to stalk, you can use Proxy obviously to just let me know. I was thinking about my lack of wishlists, Facebook and general mystery beyond what I post here today and realized it MAY not be as fun for you as it is for me -- which is totally cool and fine!

Just let me know via Proxy if there's any burning questions...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »

This sounds like something you should do with Proxy. You probably want to set up a new account just to gift someone a game, since you don't want to gift the game through your main account, unless you want to do that. You need to be friends with the person, so that's where proxy would come in. Most people won't add a random friendless person to their steam friends, so Proxy could pass the message along that expect a friend request on steam from XXXXXXnew person to receive a gift!

at least that's my 2 cents
    Well he doesn't have an account of his own. So as long as he makes an account and doesn't use his PA name then he should be fine. But yeah, you need an account to buy games and get them on your friend's list, and they do have a gift option so after you make an account then you're set.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My girlfriend says we have a box.

She says it's from a person.

Oh god is it happening today?!

I am so unprepared!!!

Can't wait to go home now!!!!

EDIT: EXCLAMATION POINTS

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is it weird I spend more on a person I never met than on most of my friends?

Already ordered my SS's main gift, but now I'm debating stopping by a particular store this coming week to send a goodie package.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nah, not really. I do spend about the same on everyone every year but I don't skimp on my Santee just because he/she is a random stranger from the internet. edit: actually I don't skimp on my Santee at all, bad wording on my part. What I meant is that I enjoy the whole gift-giving thing and keep things pretty much equal for everybody.

Norfair on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

Already ordered my SS's main gift, but now I'm debating stopping by a particular store this coming week to send a goodie package.

I do the same. The way I see it, my family knows I love them and the gifts worth giving there aren't on store shelves. The gifts are very similar here, but this random person might not know they are loved, and I want them to know that, so I end up spending way more.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I get angry when Christmas stuff goes up in November, though.

So, was this too early to do last night?

photosg.jpg

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lights are awesome and can start November 1st.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm the first on the street and anywhere else I've seen, but it's the second Christmas in our new house and the first time we're putting up outdoor lights, so I got excited.

As I was doing it, I kept thinking to myself that perhaps I should have made sure there was no rule against early lights in the condo handbook. Then, randomly, one of the board members comes up to me in the middle of it. I was like, "Oh brother..."

But she just wanted to know how I got them up there, because she didn't see a ladder. And yes ma'am, I did not use a ladder. I found these super useful clips that screw on to the end of a broom stick and snap onto your eaves trough (or under your shingles if you have no gutters). I highly recommend them!
    681884471201lg.jpg

I also ended up using like eight fucking extension cords to wire it all together, cause I'll be damned if I'm going to have lights randomly in the garden or along the soffits. Then, I find out the outdoor outlet on the porch doesn't work. I replace it with a GFCI, and it still doesn't work. The wires coming in aren't hot. I check the breakers. Everything's fine. Fucking hell. So, I had to buy another extension cord to run along the edge of the house into the backyard. BUT IT WORKS!

Figgy on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Agreed. Anything before Halloween is tacky, unless they've been left up for the entire year.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited November 2010

agreed

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I just remembered my Santa from last year never revealed himself. Kind of disheartening.

My first year I didn't outright reveal but I dropped a hint - though no effort by santee was made to figure it out :(

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I always reveal myself.

Even during the G&T Secret Santa.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I laughed Arikado.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    His avatar makes it even funnier.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whoop whooop! lets get a freaking gift train going on!

I want to see some motha'fuggin CHEER up in here!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Success! I know exactly what I'm going to get my Santee. Well, the main part of the gift anyway. So pumped.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man I gotta do decorations soon. Maybe this weekend I'll go buy a Christmas Tree and some lights.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Waiting on a very sexy gift (maybe it's cerebral palsy!) to arrive in the mail and then I can box everything up and send it out. Personal note included. So much notage.

JAEF on
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »

My first year I didn't outright reveal but I dropped a hint - though no effort by santee was made to figure it out :(

Not everyone is as awesome at the guessing game as you. :D

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    slacktron wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Not everyone is as awesome at the guessing game as you. :D

Last year's Google map made it painfully easy, given the return address on the package.

Figgy on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    With luck my gift should arrive in 4 days.

So that will be Tuesday. I can go buy myself the Toy Story boxset and hopefully come home to the knowledge it arrived safely.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alas, foiled again. Drats to you ups man arriving not 10 minutes before I get home from getting the car inspected... And leaving not a package, but a note. A note essentially saying to hell with you until monday. I can only assume that it a package from my Santa, and not something for my santee, since Amazon was not on the notice...

I shall storm their office at nightfall!

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa: Sorry about not responding to the proxy pm. Had to find my camera! :oops:

Dear Santee: Your stuff is on the way!

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm not entirely sure...but I think I got my gift(s) today:
    SNC00091.jpg

Kinda ambiguous right? Oh well...let's see what's inside...
    ...I'm going to blue balls the thread a bit. I'm not opening it until I send out my gifts and it needs to at least be December.

Santa: If anything inside is perishable, please let me know either directly or via Proxy.

Merry Christmas!

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You total dick.

If I can't see *my* present, I want to see *your* present.

But in all seriousness, I understand. Some folk even wait all the way until X-mas day to open it, but that's just teasing.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, items ordered. Not much to go on so I went with some stuff I really like. Probably get it out the first week in December or so.

shadowane on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    You total dick.

If I can't see *my* present, I want to see *your* present.

But in all seriousness, I understand. Some folk even wait all the way until X-mas day to open it, but that's just teasing.

Yeah..in retrospect...Christmas karma just caught up to me real fast...just broke the thing I was working on...

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

I do the same. The way I see it, my family knows I love them and the gifts worth giving there aren't on store shelves. The gifts are very similar here, but this random person might not know they are loved, and I want them to know that, so I end up spending way more.

Icemopper, that is soooooooooooooo lovely. I hope your santa sends you lots and lots of lovely things!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    To whom it may concern:

I got my gift

dsci0010b.jpg

Happy holidays.

Who was my Santa the note failed to identify you or why you bought me these things, could you explain?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alas, foiled again. Drats to you ups man arriving not 10 minutes before I get home from getting the car inspected... And leaving not a package, but a note. A note essentially saying to hell with you until monday. I can only assume that it a package from my Santa, and not something for my santee, since Amazon was not on the notice...

I shall storm their office at nightfall!

Office Stormed. Package was from Amazon. Not from Santa, False alarm. In other news, everything is together for Santee, I will send your package very shortly after turkey day

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've got together (in my head anyway) what I'll be buying. But since I'm shipping to the UK, I'll be sending a pre-gift note before I place my order (plus its not December yet!).

Getting excited!

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
This discussion has been closed.