As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A last-minute addition to my gift means that I may be delayed on sending it out. :(

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    A last-minute addition to my gift means that I may be delayed on sending it out. :(

What if your Santee doesn't get it in time for Thanksgiving? Oh, no! ;-)

Frem on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there a contest to see who has the Santee furthest away from them? I think I might win!

Not that I'm complaining! I've already got some ideas lined up, so worry not. Shipping, however, may prove a bother.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arrrg I should be less ambitious with my gift and just get it done. I have Friday off. I'll do it up then.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bursar wrote: »
    Is there a contest to see who has the Santee furthest away from them? I think I might win!

Not that I'm complaining! I've already got some ideas lined up, so worry not. Shipping, however, may prove a bother.

There are two people participating in the Reddit secret santa that are registered in Antarctica.

I mean, it's probably people being dicks. But still!

Willeth on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh man.. People are already getting gifts and I don't even know what to get my Santee yet.. Hmm.. Maybe I'll try to draw something as a joke gift haha.. Oh man..

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just google mapped my address out of curiosity... google maps doesn't cover APO addresses. oops.

So here are some items from the good old USPS for military shipping... also... 50% more room for less money!
    Sending Military Mail in Time for the Holidays
    Discount Available on Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box to APO/FPO Addresses
    WASHINGTON—As the nation turns its attention to those who served their country today, the U.S. Postal Service is reminding friends and families of current service members about the shipping options available for sending packages, cards and letters to military addresses around the world for the upcoming holiday season.

To help the friends and families of service members, the Postal Service offers four different size and shape options at convenient flat-rate pricing, including a Priority Mail APO/FPO Large Flat Rate Box that provides a $2 discount for APO/FPO destinations. At nearly 800 cubic inches and measuring 12" x 12" x 5 ½", the box is 50 percent larger than other USPS flat-rate boxes. The price to ship anything that fits in the box is just $11.95 to APO/FPO destinations, regardless of how much it weighs, up to 70 lbs. The price to U.S. addresses is just $13.95. Additional discounts are available for customers printing their Priority Mail postage labels online at Click-N-Ship. Mail sent to overseas military addresses is charged only domestic mail prices.

The Postal Service expects to process more than 30 million pounds of mail destined for overseas military installations during November and December, including war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“Whether you’re shipping to U.S. or international military destinations, our large flat-rate box is the best overall value in the marketplace,” said Gary Reblin, vice president, Expedited Shipping. “Our Large Flat Rate Box gives customers shipping gifts to military personnel a simple, flat rate regardless of how much the package weighs or how far it’s going. If it fits, it ships.”

The Postal Service continues to show its support by offering free Military Care Kits, designed specifically for military families sending packages overseas. The mailing kits can be ordered by calling

1-800-610-8734 and asking for the Care Kit. Each kit includes two “America Supports You” Priority Mail Large Boxes, four Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes, six Priority Mail labels, one roll of Priority Mail tape and six customs forms with envelopes.

Ordering Priority Mail APO/FPO Large Flat Rate boxes featuring the “America Supports You” logo and detailed information about mailing letters and packages to military destinations is available online at http://www.usps.com/supportingourtroops/ .

Customers can order Priority Mail boxes online at usps.com/supplies, by calling 1-800-610-8734 or by picking them up in Post Offices nationwide.

All Postal Service Priority Mail and Express Mail packages and envelopes are environmentally friendly, exceeding the highest standards for recyclability.

To ensure delivery of holiday cards and packages by Dec. 25 to military APO/FPO addresses overseas, the Postal Service recommends that mail for service members be entered no later than the mailing dates listed below.

Mail addressed to military post offices overseas is subject to certain conditions or restrictions regarding content, preparation and handling. APO/FPO addresses generally require customs forms. To see a table of active APO and FPO addresses and mailing restrictions by individual APO/FPO ZIP Codes, go to pe.usps.com and click “Postal Bulletins” in the left column. Select the current issue and look for the heading “Overseas Military Mail.”

MILITARY MAILING DEADLINES
    Military Mail Addressed To Express Mail® Military Service (EMMS)1/ First-Class Mail® Letters and Cards Priority Mail®

APO/FPO AE ZIPs 090-092 Dec-18 Dec-11 Dec-11
    APO/FPO AE ZIP 093 n/a Dec-4 Dec-4
    APO/FPO AE ZIPs 094-098 Dec-18 Dec-11 Dec-11
    APO/FPO AA ZIP 340 Dec-18 Dec-18 Dec-11
    APO/FPO AP ZIPs 962-966 Dec-18 Dec-18 Dec-11

Military Mail Addressed To Parcel Airlift Mail (PAL) 2/ Space Available Mail (SAM)3/ Parcel Post®

APO/FPO AE ZIPs 090-092 Dec-4 Nov-28 Nov-13
    APO/FPO AE ZIP 093 Dec-1 Nov-21 Nov-13
    APO/FPO AE ZIPs 094-098 Dec-4 Nov-28 Nov-13
    APO/FPO AA ZIP 340 Dec-4 Nov-28 Nov-13
    APO/FPO AP ZIPs 962-966 Dec-4 Nov-28 Nov-13

1/ EMMS: Express Mail Military Service is available to selected military post offices. Check with your local Post Office to determine if this service is available to your APO/FPO of address.
    2/ PAL: PAL is a service that provides air transportation for parcels on a space-available basis. It is available for Parcel Post items not exceeding 30 pounds in weight or 60 inches in length and girth combined. The applicable PAL fee must be paid in addition to the regular surface rate of postage for each addressed piece sent by PAL service.
    3/ SAM: SAM parcels are paid at the Parcel Post postage rate with maximum weight and size limits of 15 pounds and 60 inches in length and girth combined. SAM parcels are first transported domestically by surface and then to overseas destinations by air on a space-available basis.

So yeah... if you want it to get to me by the 25th and you're sending it parcel post, it had to leave on the 13th. heh.

e: Oi, that table didn't turn out well at all. Lemme see if I can fix that up.

e2: Ok, fixed. This really only helps for Americans... I don't really know how a foreign Santa would get anything to me. I'm a mailing noob.

e3: ok, I'm an editing noob too... here's the link. http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2009/pr09_094.htm

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    This was brought up in the Solid Saints thread, I think there's someone in here shipping from Japan?

http://www.majiroxnews.com/2010/11/13/japan-post-to-stop-parcels-to-us/

A few of us are, but as far as I know we are all technically shipping it through USPS, so no skin off our backs. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    @ Willeth - you can get that dressing gown from a shop in Manchester Arndale centre - the same shop also does a Batman and a Superman dressing gown. And for less than that online price.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bursar wrote: »

5552.169 air miles or 8935.350 km!

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Let's just say I looked up my direct antipode, and it's not too far away. ;)

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine is 9504.964 KM!

iMatt on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine is 9529.517 kilometers or 5921.367 miles

I WIN!

...so far.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    5988.259 Miles.

Boosh.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine is like 1100 miles.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Let's see...

Santa- don't bother trying to search for a Twitter/Facebook/whatever page on me- I share a name with (among other things) a popular MMA fighter and an actor, so you more than likely won't find anything like that.

I think you might be stuck with just the forum.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh yeah.

11763.5 KM

7309.5 miles

booyah.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee,

I just want you to know, I picked out your "main" gift WELL before you made a helpful post detailing your likes and dislikes, and pretty much nailed what it was.

Just know I was one step ahead of you, but the validation you will enjoy this is pretty comforting!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    @ Willeth - you can get that dressing gown from a shop in Manchester Arndale centre - the same shop also does a Batman and a Superman dressing gown. And for less than that online price.

This reminds me that I want a spider-man onesie and have thus far been unable to find one.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Parcel is away!

Now I get to sit back and hope the 5 day approximated delivery time is accurate.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santa, I may not be getting back to my place as early as I'd thought. I may not be home in time for x-mas. I'm sure my wife will tell me when something arrives though so I can make a post and ease your mind.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So whoever Proxy the Elf is sent me a weird message.

Whoever runs that account, sign in and respond.

You were not clear in your message.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have ordered something for my santee but the company just changed the 'in stock' date to the 26th of this month. Hope that is as late as it gets or I will have to start shopping elsewhere D:

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

This reminds me that I want a spider-man onesie and have thus far been unable to find one.

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the one who wanted the gown, but thanks! Because now I must own the Batman one.

EDIT: Adda, you could get it shipped directly to them instead of to you first if you're worried about timing.

Willeth on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Such a quick gifting! Take that, Thanksgiving! You never stood a chance against our ... ok I wanted to make a D&D reference but "Boots of Dancing"? Someone tell me a cooler sounding make-you-go-faster item.
    Pegasus Boots!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Darn...I'm only 4605 miles.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Proxy is actually an account that was made for Santas to ask their Santees questions without giving away who they are! What you received was exactly what your Santa wanted to ask you, copy-pasted. He (or she!) may not respond to your question, since they are currently dealing with a buttload of questions and responses regarding the santa exchange.

By the way, thanks again to whoever is running the Proxy account! :D

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Someoene should man the twitter account from last year. It was a great way to keep up with this thread.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Primark do a combat onesy and a tiger onesy for blokes. That's if you can cope with the ethics of buying from such a shop.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My plans are coming together now!

Amazon package: Coming to me to be repackaged in the big-ole-box
    Printer: Running out of Ink
    Paper: being crafted,
    Minecrafted

Now there is just one last thing to do, wait for an email that contains secrets.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Excellent. The last two packages I need to complete my Santee's box are coming today.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Primark do a combat onesy and a tiger onesy for blokes. That's if you can cope with the ethics of buying from such a shop.

This is the first I've heard of Primark and weird ethics. Are they shady, or are they just guilty by association?

Willeth on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Proxy is actually an account that was made for Santas to ask their Santees questions without giving away who they are! What you received was exactly what your Santa wanted to ask you, copy-pasted. He (or she!) may not respond to your question, since they are currently dealing with a buttload of questions and responses regarding the santa exchange.

By the way, thanks again to whoever is running the Proxy account! :D

The problem is the proxy failed to post a link that was essential to the message.

It's been fixed though.

Me and Proxy are cool now.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee, your gift is wrapped and waiting, it will be sent tomorrow....might take a bit to get to you due to international shipping tho...

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BAH!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some people like to spread cheer without the posting I guess. I don't post a ton either though.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Someoene should man the twitter account from last year. It was a great way to keep up with this thread.

On it!

http://twitter.com/gntsanta

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm torn between paying a lot for international shipping or buying more awesome stuff from amazon or something instead. Amazon lacks the personal touch...

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Willeth wrote: »

This is the first I've heard of Primark and weird ethics. Are they shady, or are they just guilty by association?

Sweatshop manufacturing.

LewieP's Mummy on

This discussion has been closed.